PDA

View Full Version : W:A 4.0 Beta Update

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

SargeMcCluck
4 Jun 2005, 02:10
RE the CD check - The actual copy protection has been removed. The game asks for the CD currently because there actually is a lot of data on the CD the game *needs* - If you load the game main menu, then eject the CD, then start a new game I'd assume breakage.

XxDangerxX
4 Jun 2005, 06:20
Well in that case, the game should have an button in the options menu that copies all from the CD to a data directory on the hard drive e.g. ...Worms Armageddon\Data\everything that's on the CD\ and put a script in the registry that says it's been done (and optionally the location the data is in).

You click on the button and message comes up saying "You are about to copy all the data from the Worms Armageddon CD to the Worms Armageddon Directory on your hard drive. This procedure will require xxx amount of MB of hard disk space" (And optionally show how much space you have on your drive).

THAT...

...would be nice. :D

Plutonic
4 Jun 2005, 13:04
hmmm, a nice idea with the CD stuff, it might even allow trymedia people to play again with the latest patch!

bonz
4 Jun 2005, 14:25
It would be good if WA did a CRC check of the maps you already have, so you didn't have to redownload the same map everytime you join a game.
very good idea!
i often got annoyed if i had to wait >1min to download a map half across the world,
only to see that it's one i already got...

also, maps could be automatically saved in a folder like the game replays!
most maps are smaller than the average replay...

SargeMcCluck
4 Jun 2005, 17:13
And then somebody with the trymedia version (non-paid, the trial), just finds out the folder structure of the copied CD with the new patch, replaces the exe and tada! Full version of the game.

Yeah.

DaSzab
4 Jun 2005, 17:22
That. Idea. Is. BRILLIANT! I think there should be an option to choose how many Worm Selects are in a scheme.

P.S. All hail Deadcode!

bonz
4 Jun 2005, 17:25
And then somebody with the trymedia version (non-paid, the trial), just finds out the folder structure of the copied CD with the new patch, replaces the exe and tada! Full version of the game.
well, it would still be illegal!
i bet you have to agree with some license stuff before you download the "trial" (full version)!

Dodgymat
4 Jun 2005, 17:52
I think there should be an option to choose how many Worm Selects are in a scheme.

You need to take a closer look at the weapon part of the scheme editor screen in W:A again......bottom right.

Been available since superweapons were made selectable in schemes eons ago.

SargeMcCluck
4 Jun 2005, 18:00
well, it would still be illegal!
i bet you have to agree with some license stuff before you download the "trial" (full version)!

It'd be illegal yes, but who would really care? (Well, Team17 and Trymedia obviously). It wouldn't stop people though. Trymedia is great at the moment in a way because pirating it is damn difficult.

DaSzab
4 Jun 2005, 21:04
Oh, OK. Now my brain's supply of ideas has run out. I need to think about what to suggest... but speaking of Trymedia, they REALLY need to lower their prices for Worms games. (oops... I went off topic again! please don't ban me, O Mighty Spadge!)

beaver2009
4 Jun 2005, 22:12
I was just wondering if this has ever been mentioned.When your falling after scratching a wall when roping and you hit space at the same time your chute opens, it doesn't give you a chance to fire the rope.instead, you lose control as if the chute was never fired.

DaSzab
4 Jun 2005, 22:25
Ooh! Ooh! I got another idea! The ability to choose your nationality flag like in Worms 2!

bonz
4 Jun 2005, 22:29
Ooh! Ooh! I got another idea! The ability to choose your nationality flag like in Worms 2!
you can do that yourself!
just change the region settings in windows!

bad idea anyway!
it does indicate where a player resides & can give an idea of what connection speed you can expect!
and what language you have to speak!
furthermore, i'm often just looking for specific country flags to find my clan comrades quickly!
(i somewhat have memorized their names in conjunction with the correct flag)

DaSzab
4 Jun 2005, 22:31
Oh. Sorry. Now I'm out of ideas again. I'll tell you guys if I cook something up to suggest.

XxDangerxX
6 Jun 2005, 06:32
I was just wondering if this has ever been mentioned.When your falling after scratching a wall when roping and you hit space at the same time your chute opens, it doesn't give you a chance to fire the rope.instead, you lose control as if the chute was never fired.
That gave me an idea. Being an experienced Fiddler master, I know that this isn't easy, but when you fire the chute, could the rope be selected and when you're on the rope, have the chute selected?

Madmaxquinn
6 Jun 2005, 08:15
In that case can we move the girder to the end of the F7 cycle or prevent it from being selected when a worm is moving (not falling or on a chute as some people are actually quick enough to place girders during the fall. Whether or not they use the F key is another matter)

MastOfDisa
6 Jun 2005, 13:48
The problem would be the size of the sound files, they are pretty large.
You could add MP3-support in one of the future update, along with an automatic wav-to-mp3 converter which converts all the existing soundbank files (lol).
-> low-bandwith-problem: Just make an option to turn it off.

And btw, the loading time is still ~6sec, although every map is in a folder.

In that case can we move the girder to the end of the F7 cycle or prevent it from being selected when a worm is moving (not falling or on a chute as some people are actually quick enough to place girders during the fall. Whether or not they use the F key is another matter)

A better idea would be the numpad-configuration of the silkworm-patch (1 - Rope, 3 - Chute etc.)

Seita
6 Jun 2005, 14:23
I got no numpad...

MastOfDisa
6 Jun 2005, 15:47
But most players do. It is optional anyway + you can change your keyb-layout with some programs.

Run
6 Jun 2005, 16:11

Excellent idea. Also, It would be nice to have the teleport moved to the front of the cycle, since it would probably be the most likely used F7 tool when you have 3 seconds left on turn time. I bet it would **** a lot of people off though, having to get used to the new cycle (parachute especially)

Glenn
6 Jun 2005, 16:53
Run... Teleport is on the F8 key, and the likely reason that it isn't first, is because the Ninja Rope and Parachute take up the first two positions. However, I wouldn't mind it being moved in front of the bungee (number 3 on that row).

bonz
6 Jun 2005, 17:02
add MP3-support in one of the future update
mp3 is a no-no in this case!
t17 would have to pay royalties to fraunhofer and/or thompson, afaik!
there was a discussion about the totally free ogg vorbis though...

beaver2009
6 Jun 2005, 18:16
That gave me an idea. Being an experienced Fiddler master, I know that this isn't easy, but when you fire the chute, could the rope be selected and when you're on the rope, have the chute selected?
Deadcode made a program that enabled "global macros" which selected the chute when you fired the rope.I think it was in Constipated Silkworm.Or was it Anellid?...

Madmaxquinn
6 Jun 2005, 18:20
Excellent idea. Also, It would be nice to have the teleport moved to the front of the cycle, since it would probably be the most likely used F7 tool when you have 3 seconds left on turn time. I bet it would **** a lot of people off though, having to get used to the new cycle (parachute especially)

I don't think people would mind - as long as items being moved didn't move to different F keys. To be fair I'd be annoyed if say the 'nades and cluster bomb weren't first in the cycle, but I wouldn't mind having targeted weapons or utilities at the end, because in all fairness most of those last second teleport/homing missile attemps fail.

I would prefer to play the game sans any extra apps. If fiddler like feature etc were built into the beta, then fine. Otherwise I'd prefer they not be used (in online games at least).

One way to tackle the above mentioned problems would be to allow players to bind their own custom keys (keyboard not neccesarily F keys). This would allow old skool peeps to continue using the stand key formats whilst allowing other players the choice of opening or accessing one wepon/utility over another.

DaSzab
6 Jun 2005, 21:15
I got another idea! Ya know that volume bar in the options and pause menu? Make it three seperate bars for music, sound, and voices so that you can listen to your own music and hear game sounds and voices! Or eliminate sound/voices if you wanted to.

MastOfDisa
6 Jun 2005, 21:26
mp3 is a no-no in this case!
t17 would have to pay royalties to fraunhofer and/or thompson, afaik!
there was a discussion about the totally free ogg vorbis though...

Thats why I said "lol".

I don´t know why people have problems with the girder/teleporter/homing cycle. I always press F2 or something when I'm starting a new cycle (so that the Homing/Teleporter stuff won't come into my way).

Dodgymat
7 Jun 2005, 02:59
One day DaSzab will come up with something not already in the game.

so that you can listen to your own music and hear game sounds and voices! Or eliminate sound/voices if you wanted to.

You can already listen to your own music while hearing sounds/voices if you just turn the audio ambience off in the options screen (big red X) This disables the in-game music, allowing you to listen to your own music, but still allows you to hear sounds & voices. If you then wanted to eliminate sounds/voices you only have to move the volume bar to 0%

This is the 3rd time (at least) you've made a suggestion for something that is already included in W:A. Please refrain in future, or at least think, before you request anything else.

Glenn
7 Jun 2005, 05:25
Well, he did somewhat suggest something that was already in the game, but not exactly. Y'see, you can't get rid of the voices without getting rid of the sounds, or vice versa. You also can't get rid of voices and sounds without getting rid of the music. I mean, sure, you could make a bunch of blank wav files and replace the in-game stuff, but that'd be time consuming and too hard to de-impliment if you wanted the sounds back. Now, I don't know exactly why you would want to do any of that, but it isn't available in the game.

Seita
7 Jun 2005, 10:28
I mean, sure, you could make a bunch of blank wav files and replace the in-game stuff.

Just remove the files. (and keep a backup folder for restore)

I only got 8 sounds in my sounds folder, cause i don't need more, and can't handle more (would increase lag).

So that's just 8 files, and no blank files to replace the others.

bonz
7 Jun 2005, 16:59
but it isn't available in the game
yeah!
w2 had a better configuration for the sound & music, iirc!

DaSzab
7 Jun 2005, 20:31
I'll have to check before I suggest something next time. Sue me. (not literally)

Garak128
10 Jun 2005, 15:27

Yeah.
That's a dumb reply, I already said the game was easy to pirate. Try any filesharing program dude, WA is there in it's full CD form. A 1 hour download, a couple clicks with daemon-tools and your playing on wormnet.

Trymedia data is encoded and arranged different then the main game, thus the reason the patch doesn't work with it. If it was so trivial to simply copy the data over and have it work, don't you think theyd have the patch work with it? ... It's not so simple, the way i mention above is much easier. And besides no one pirates really old games like this, most people don't know of it's existance.. Those that do.. learn from friends, who then copy there CD and give it to them. Even if you wanted to pay for the game today, youd have a hard time doing so since it's really hard to find, even online.

MP3 is not owned by Fraunhaufer. People just think that because the codec included with windows is created by them. LAME is a completely free mp3 codec that deadcode could easily implement into WA.

ShOwTiMe
10 Jun 2005, 15:58
plz,don't be mad at me but how soon can deadcode release it???

MrBunsy
10 Jun 2005, 16:02
That's a dumb reply, I already said the game was easy to pirate. Try any filesharing program dude, WA is there in it's full CD form. A 1 hour download, a couple clicks with daemon-tools and your playing on wormnet.

Trymedia data is encoded and arranged different then the main game, thus the reason the patch doesn't work with it. If it was so trivial to simply copy the data over and have it work, don't you think theyd have the patch work with it? ... It's not so simple, the way i mention above is much easier. And besides no one pirates really old games like this, most people don't know of it's existance.. Those that do.. learn from friends, who then copy there CD and give it to them. Even if you wanted to pay for the game today, youd have a hard time doing so since it's really hard to find, even online.

MP3 is not owned by Fraunhaufer. People just think that because the codec included with windows is created by them. LAME is a completely free mp3 codec that deadcode could easily implement into WA.

Is it? Almost every computer game shop in Guildford (and there are at least 3 off the top pff my head). Have plenty of soldout software copies of WA on the shelves.

SargeMcCluck
10 Jun 2005, 16:18

Yes, but not everybody on the internet knows how to warez/fancies downloading a p2p program. And lots of people pirate games like this, you'd be surprised. You know, what with the fact that if nobody pirated it then copies of it on bittorrent would disappear insanely quickly, and the sources on other p2p programs would drop as people stop sharing/delete/move the ISO.

And anyway, just because there is a way to pirate it, there's no point in Team17 saying "hay guys lets giv tehm other wayz." Copy protection is always broken and everyone knows that, but people still put it on - even if only to stop *some* people.

As for buying it online:

https://secure.team17.com

Oh look, you can buy WA. That took me all of three seconds to find. Sure, it's *hard* to find.

Run
10 Jun 2005, 16:38
Speaking of all of three seconds,

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=buy+worms+armageddon+online&btnG=Search&meta=

MrBunsy
10 Jun 2005, 18:27
I didn't know maplins sold computer games. Well well.

Ast_Derek
13 Jun 2005, 22:55
When I first played WA (not so long, a year ago or so I guess) no one [near me] knew about the game (here in MX), except my cousins, who were noobs at it. I asked for it in many places, and nothing [Lucky me we already had it].

But a few months ago something happened, seemed like everybody wanted to play WA, like a fashion. Every CD-pirate selling place (and legal stands) had it, magically raised from who knows where; I asked [again] and they said they always had it (sure, I wdouldn't remember if they tell me: "THIS game you want like no other one costs $450 pesos" [like $40 usd]).

This shows than even old, forgotten games can be sooo good that they raise from the oblivion and cause a shake again (and catch the attention of the friends of illegality).

--------
LoL, didn't remember how my avatar was...

XxDangerxX
14 Jun 2005, 03:53
I have found a bug. I am probably the only person who uses this feature anymore, but in the map editor, there's been such a big 'craze' about .png's in the list box where the .bit's go, that we've all forgotten the import button. The other day i wen in there to save .bmp as a .png and on attempt to import it, W: A quit to the desktop. Could you look into this please and release a fix as soon as possible, preferably in the next few days? (you've done it once before anyway.)

EDIT: HEY!!! WHERE'S THE POST COUNT AND JOIN DATE GONE? :mad:

Seita
14 Jun 2005, 09:11

Removed to prevent flooding abuses ?

beaver2009
14 Jun 2005, 10:31
I have found a bug. I am probably the only person who uses this feature anymore, but in the map editor, there's been such a big 'craze' about .png's in the list box where the .bit's go, that we've all forgotten the import button. The other day i wen in there to save .bmp as a .png and on attempt to import it, W: A quit to the desktop. Could you look into this please and release a fix as soon as possible, preferably in the next few days? (you've done it once before anyway.)

I'm always using the import button(I make some maps)and I've never had any problems.

Chip
14 Jun 2005, 11:57
I use the import button but only for that cool boats terrain.

bonz
14 Jun 2005, 12:21
save .bmp as a .png and on attempt to import it
you don't need to import .png files!
they can simply be selected in the drop down box like .bit files!
(if you saved them in your ..\user\saved levels folder)

beaver2009
14 Jun 2005, 14:09
you don't need to import .png files!
they can simply be selected in the drop down box like .bit files!
(if you saved them in your ..\user\saved levels folder)
Yes, but it needs to be of a certain type colour-wise and you get it right if you just save as .bmp, import and .png it.

bonz
14 Jun 2005, 14:31
Yes, but it needs to be of a certain type colour-wise and you get it right if you just save as .bmp, import and .png it.
or you learn how to handle your graphics program... :)

double post edit

I use the import button but only for that cool boats terrain.
someone has already made a .png version of it on www.wmdb.org!

XxDangerxX
15 Jun 2005, 00:22
Okay then, someone tell me what's wrong with the bitmap then.

bonz
15 Jun 2005, 00:27
Okay then, someone tell me what's wrong with the bitmap then.
if this is your actual desktop, then something is definitely wrong! :D

edit:
i had no problem importing and playing that desktop.bmp!

XxDangerxX
16 Jun 2005, 11:19
ty for the .png. That used to be my desktop. Before I reformatted. But after I reformatted, well, that wa a year ago, and now? I have as many icons as back then lol! But This ti,e, they're all categorised into folders, so my desktop now looks something like this:

P.S.
How exactly is it definitely wrong? Just curious.

Plutonic
16 Jun 2005, 13:12
ouch thats ugly...

bonz
16 Jun 2005, 15:29
desktop2
:eek:
the second one is even worse!
a quick launch bar that is half the width of your screen!
2 lines of taskbar icons!

on -->my desktop (http://img144.echo.cx/img144/8707/desktop3re.png) there are only links to the most often used programs & games and a few documents...
i keep my quicklaunch & taskbar as small as possible

Seita
16 Jun 2005, 15:54
I don't care about the desktop, since i have to kill explorer to play worms.

Madmaxquinn
16 Jun 2005, 17:26
Thats a messy Desktop, but I've seen worse. In my profession you get used to seeing people do stupid things like use their desktop as their My Documents folder, store two or three GBs worth of files on it or even worse have 100+ icons & a 50MB BMP background and then they complain how slow everything is when they move the mouse.

Anyway, enough about desktops already! Do we have any new information on features planned for the next update?

Seita
16 Jun 2005, 18:15
Do we have any new information on features planned for the next update?

Frontend slowdown fix !!

Chip
17 Jun 2005, 11:33
Access to the tools terrain,

As said by Dc himself.

anarchist9
19 Jun 2005, 07:19
I'm a little confused. Last time I checked in March, this patch wasn't released. Now is it? And will it let you use fiddler on XP WA?

kiros
19 Jun 2005, 12:14
The 4.0 patch isn't released no.
But since march there's been alot of patches leading to 4.0 released.

anarchist9
20 Jun 2005, 23:05
Is there anyone out that will let me use Fiddler again yet? Do I download them from the updates section or is there any place I have to go?

bonz
20 Jun 2005, 23:15
Is there anyone out that will let me use Fiddler again yet? Do I download them from the updates section or is there any place I have to go?
check out -->this thread (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22649)!
the first post contains detailed instructions!

anarchist9
20 Jun 2005, 23:35
I just uninstalled and trying to reinstall, but I get this error when I put the CD in.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose Close to terminate the application

bonz
20 Jun 2005, 23:48
AUTOEXEC.NT
an old problem...
look -->here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767)!

anarchist9
21 Jun 2005, 00:08
Up and working.
Thanks Bonz :D

ShOwTiMe
21 Jun 2005, 21:11
guys i got an idea for the new patch do u think Deadcode can make a
feature that place the worms automaticly on start in rr maps so u dont have to
place them all!!!!its only an idea what do u think is it good or bad????

Run
21 Jun 2005, 21:45
guys i got an idea for the new patch do u think Deadcode can make a
feature that place the worms automaticly on start in rr maps so u dont have to
place them all!!!!its only an idea what do u think is it good or bad????

The Map Editor, or a similar feature, will eventually include the ability to pre-define spawn points.

So yes. It'll happen.

ShOwTiMe
22 Jun 2005, 00:17
nice but i dont understand some things:1.the patch is done, right????
2.why is it not releasesd????

bonz
22 Jun 2005, 00:39
the patch is done
no, it is constantly updated!
a new beta update with a bugs fixed & a few features added every once in a while!
v4.0 should be the version when (secure) online rankings have been re-established & most of the new stuff has been added!

though not the final one! :)
-->deadcode's famous post #17 (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=355085&postcount=17)!

Squirminator2k
22 Jun 2005, 08:56
I wonder if it's possible to mathematically work out the average level of Density in the forum using this thread as a Starting point?

Plutonic
22 Jun 2005, 13:46
when you say dencity, do you mean then length of each thread?

beaver2009
22 Jun 2005, 14:38
when you say dencity, do you mean then length of each thread?
No, the stupidity of each member.Or the ability for the forum to float in water but I presume it's the former.

bonz
22 Jun 2005, 16:23
such threads should be called "stupid" instead of "sticky"... :)

Hioki
22 Jun 2005, 18:42
can anyone tell me where the patch is or possibly what page it is on?

MrBunsy
22 Jun 2005, 18:57
http://wa.team17.com

Plutonic
22 Jun 2005, 19:26
ah that dencity... well fair enough, probably quite high to be honest.

Akdor 1154
25 Jun 2005, 10:44
I wonder if it's possible to mathematically work out the average level of Density in the forum?

You mean, like spending £309.79 on Worms games?
;)

NeoTOM
2 Jul 2005, 00:14
You mean, like spending £309.79 on Worms games?
;)

Like always using an exclamation point where a period (that's what we US people call a full stop) should go. Oh, ZING.

XxDangerxX
14 Jul 2005, 05:27
Okay, it's officially been too long. When's the next update?

Glenn
14 Jul 2005, 06:10
When you see a post in the beta forum saying there's a new patch. Alternatively, when a post is made in the thread in the announcements forum for wa.team17.com.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chip
14 Jul 2005, 11:26
When you see a post in the beta forum saying there's a new patch.

You mean in here right?
If not then where?

Run
14 Jul 2005, 13:17
You mean in here right?
If not then where?

Don't worry, you'll know when it happens. The information is directly beamed into your brain in the form of a splitting headache.

bonz
14 Jul 2005, 16:49
Don't worry, you'll know when it happens. The information is directly beamed into your brain in the form of a splitting headache.
actually, deadcode will come over to your place someday early in the morning & knock at your door three times.
he will then personally install the new patch for you.

that's the reason why it takes so long.
he's visiting every forum member alphabetically.
he's now somewhere around "B".
he'll be here at my place soon i guess.

Chip
14 Jul 2005, 20:59
Well isn't that kind of him,

But really is it menchioned in this thread or not?

Glenn
14 Jul 2005, 21:23
Deadcode won't post about it in this thread, but odds are good someone will.

I'm talking about the beta forum, down there. Go back to the main page, look down about 12 forums. Right there. That forum. Expect to see a post there when a new beta comes out. Also, the updates forum, 2 forums above this one. There'll also be a post there.

bonz
14 Jul 2005, 21:23
But really is it menchioned in this thread or not?
no, he told me that on the cell phone, when he really wanted to reach -->bonzzo (http://forum.team17.co.uk/member.php?u=27194).

XxDangerxX
15 Jul 2005, 01:19
Deadcode won't post about it in this thread, but odds are good someone will.
Yeh, me!

hmm...

Plutonic
15 Jul 2005, 19:41
it wont be any time too soon, its just that time of the year. But when it happens it will be hugely obvious.

ghostspect
23 Jul 2005, 17:12
I know the wwp setting of attacking doesn't end your go will be on (hopefully with a time limit that can be set instead of locking it at 10 seconds) but what would be really great is real time NON turn based worms. that wud be incredible fun!
Is it even possible though.

canofworms
23 Jul 2005, 20:04
It could be possible for network or online play. Or VS computer. Not VS human on same machine though. Imagine having 2 armageddons at once!

bonz
23 Jul 2005, 20:39
real time NON turn based worms
it would definitely not be fun! it would simply be utter chaos.
besides, how would you want to control a whole team of worms at once?

check
http://www.nanacide.com/worms-unlimited/realtime.php

Squirminator2k
23 Jul 2005, 22:02
The Real-Time Worms issue has been debated to death. Let's not have it leak any furhter into this thread, which I remind you is for the discussion of the WA BETA Updates.

Run
24 Jul 2005, 12:26
it would definitely not be fun! it would simply be utter chaos.
besides, how would you want to control a whole team of worms at once?

Odd that you link to my webpage on the subject, yet also make two comments which have both been scrutinised on it :P

bonz
25 Jul 2005, 07:41
Odd that you link to my webpage on the subject, yet also make two comments which have both been scrutinised on it :P
i was feeling schizophrenic.
yes, me too.

Chip
26 Jul 2005, 20:51
A suggestion.

In options you have the option to adjust the games audio volume and choose to enable audio or not. But I was woundering - why not split the audio volume and by this I mean: Have a volume control for SOUNDS and a volume control for the MUSIC. So you could then turn up the background music to be very loud while the other sounds such as worm speeches and blast noises are quiet.

Any good or not?

Cueshark
27 Jul 2005, 12:34
Nice idea...

I quite like the ambience...quietly in the background would be nice..with the worms voices on high :D

bonz
27 Jul 2005, 18:11
deadcode, please bring back the generate button in the map editor!
it was funny to generate a map from some random characters or a name entered.

this feature is available in w2, wwp & w3d (don't know about forts & w4m) and kind of stands for the randomness of the woms franchise.
i think patches shouldn't remove features, regardless how little it was used.

the re-seed option should still be kept though.

danielgran
6 Aug 2005, 19:04
What's happening with the WA/WWP interconnectivity? Is this still planned?
like me I do play worms armageddon in the net?

please

Squirminator2k
6 Aug 2005, 19:22
like me I do play worms armageddon in the net?

please
Yes, thankyou. No one knows what you're saying.

DAN72588
7 Aug 2005, 15:36
Is there a patch for the wormpot mode yet or did I miss it and which one was the patch called if I missed it? You know where you can get crates and super rope and all that. Thanks for any help.

bonz
7 Aug 2005, 15:40
Is there a patch for the wormpot mode yet or did I miss it and which one was the patch called if I missed it? You know where you can get crates and super rope and all that. Thanks for any help.
no, not yet.

DAN72588
7 Aug 2005, 15:48
Does anyone know or have an estimate when the 4.0 patch will be released enabling wormpot modes? I just love wormpot modes lol. Thanks again

Run
7 Aug 2005, 16:10
No.

[bright]Obligatory bright text[/quote]

Oh, I messed that one up didn't I.
Sod it. Sod it all.

SargeMcCluck
7 Aug 2005, 16:15
No.

[bright]Obligatory bright text

Oh, I messed that one up didn't I.
Sod it. Sod it all.[/QUOTE]

lololololol

and lololololol even more @ it breaking it

DAN72588
7 Aug 2005, 21:58
Well if anyone has an estimate or any idea as when this 4.0 beta patch is supposed to come out enabling wormpot :D plz let me know. And thanks for your help

Glenn
7 Aug 2005, 22:23
The W:A 4.0 beta patch will be out when you see an obscene number of threads in this forum and the beta patch forum celebrating it's release. Alternatively, it will be when a news post is made in the patch forum stating it's release.

In other words, you get it when you get it.

DAN72588
8 Aug 2005, 05:48
Thanks for all your help guys I just can't contain myself for that 4.0 patch lol lol I can't wait I love all them crates and super rope....I'm crazy lol

Run
8 Aug 2005, 12:38
I just can't contain myself

Well, please give it your best effort.

Cueshark
8 Aug 2005, 14:36
lol.

Why don't you get worms 4 to keep you occupied until the new patch ;)

DAN72588
8 Aug 2005, 17:32
Why don't you get worms 4 to keep you occupied until the new patch ;)

LOL ya that would be nice, anyone got a free copy of worms 4 lol.

bonz
8 Aug 2005, 21:14
LOL ya that would be nice, anyone got a free copy of worms 4 lol.
nothing in life is for free.
(except death... well, that costs you your life)

Masol
11 Aug 2005, 21:30
that doesn't mean you're not just sitting there staring at the computer ;). And it also doesn't mean you want your status to be automatically set to away, whether or not you're there. There may be reasons why people don't use it.
Maybe, but this is very annoying for other player, don't you think so? (when somebody is away, but don't activate Away mode)

Ast_Derek
13 Aug 2005, 08:35
In other words, you get it when you get it. That sounds like sure thing, huh? who can say is not true, after all?. Since I sold my PC, I can't play WA :( , but at least I'm not so anxious, which is good.
Maybe, but this is very annoying for other player, don't you think so? (when somebody is away, but don't activate Away mode) Is easy to forget it, mainly because you are not really away (sometimes not even far from you computer), and you think "it's gonna be fast, I'll be back in a sec"

Lionheart
15 Aug 2005, 18:46
Not to sound like a noob here guys, but is it ever going to happen? Pretty soon it'll have been two years.

I know you guys probably don't know a whole lot more than me about the issue, but since you're probably more experienced gamers, what is your professional opinion on whether or not the new version will ever happen?

Squirminator2k
15 Aug 2005, 18:54
It's been two years since May? Holy Hell!! I've been time travelling again!

DC is working on the Update. He's released a fair few updates up until recently, and I'm sure he has more to do yet before the final 4.0 is released. Keep your hair on.

Chip
15 Aug 2005, 21:17
before the final 4.0 is released

But I thought that the patch wont nessaserly end there and that we may end up with a patch of 5.3 or 7.9 or even 10.3 :)

Wormtrix
15 Aug 2005, 23:16
Or even infinite...? We still have to wait for the 4.0 one though...

Lionheart
16 Aug 2005, 03:50
It's been two years since May? Holy Hell!! I've been time travelling again!

DC is working on the Update. He's released a fair few updates up until recently, and I'm sure he has more to do yet before the final 4.0 is released. Keep your hair on.

I meant nearly two years since it was announced, Sherlock. Maybe you should work on keeping better track of time.

Squirminator2k
16 Aug 2005, 08:15
Maye you should keep better track of what Deadcode's actually doing. He's released more patches for WA in the past year than most companies release for buggy games in their entire lifetime. So sit down, shut up, and be patient.

DAN72588
17 Aug 2005, 04:42
Well guys I CAN'T BE PATIENT!!!! Can't contain myself and am bout to xplode if this patch doesn't hurry up but i guess i can wait till then besides i will put WWP on my modded xbox lol

bonz
17 Aug 2005, 06:05
Can't contain myself and am bout to xplode
i suggest you buy lots of toilet paper then.

MonkeyforaHead
17 Aug 2005, 18:11
Or better yet, paper towels.

Heck, just hire a maid and be done with it.

Ast_Derek
19 Aug 2005, 01:46
But I thought that the patch wont nessaserly end there and that we may end up with a patch of 5.3 or 7.9 or even 10.3 :)
Just don't look at the patch version number, just think about them like: "hey, great! here it is the next patch! Great work Deadcode".

just like offline ropeknocking was added, me & my cousins (we used to play offline a Lot) thought: "marvelous! go,go,go!", never: "good, but is NOT 4.0"

Too anxious? play more to keep you busy, or play less to avoid thinking of it :D

bonz
19 Aug 2005, 06:05
oo anxious? play more to keep you busy, or play less to avoid thinking of it
or hang around on the forum for 3 years every day and you lose every sense for time at all.

ShOwTiMe
19 Aug 2005, 13:14
only to know the status of the patch,is it finished and we all are waiting till t17 will realease it or is DC still working on it?!

PS:this new look r0xers!

SargeMcCluck
20 Aug 2005, 01:13
or hang around on the forum for 3 years every day and you lose every sense for time at all.

Or buy WoW and forget about W:A! ;)

Sark
21 Aug 2005, 06:39
All right, I may get stabbed for this, but here it goes. Is there anyway to implement gamepad support? Like, I know there's a keychanger where you can assign the spacebar to another key if it's shot. Would there be a way, either in an external program, or as a patch, to make key mapping to a gamepad? I remember playing on the Playstation, and a controller is much easier to pass to a friend than moving aside or passing a keyboard. Just as thought, doesn't have to be in this 4.0 Beta, but on like 1-5 or some scale, how difficult would gamepad implemention be?

KRD
21 Aug 2005, 14:29
What makes you think that a third-party key changer won't let you assign game commands to a joypad, Sark? I'm pretty sure it worked for me when I tried it with KeyChange.

Or buy WoW and forget about W:A! ;)

Die, Alex [and Liam and everyone else stuck on MMO games]!

Squirminator2k
21 Aug 2005, 17:44
Indeed; I sometimes play WA using Joy2Key, which I have set up to the same configuration as the PlayStation version of WA (with a few minor tweaks, of course).

Sark
22 Aug 2005, 00:37
What makes you think that a third-party key changer won't let you assign game commands to a joypad, Sark? I'm pretty sure it worked for me when I tried it with KeyChange.

Die, Alex [and Liam and everyone else stuck on MMO games]!Hmm, I guess it must have just been my keychanger I had, I'll look for a few more then!
EDIT: Alright, I looked around, most of the Joy to Key converters I find either can't emulate the mouse or mouse clicks, or when it comes to setting fuses I have to assign each number to its own button (not enough buttons). Are there any recomendations for a windows app, freeware or not? I'll keep looking in the meantime.
Indeed; I sometimes play WA using Joy2Key, which I have set up to the same configuration as the PlayStation version of WA (with a few minor tweaks, of course).
Joy2Key? Hmmm I'll google that. Mind PMing me the setup you got? Minus customs of course. I don't quiet remember the PS One setup, but I could look it up also.
EDIT: Joy2Key wouldn't happen to be a linux program? I use Windows x.X (I know, Windows isn't great, but I don't really mind)

Squirminator2k
22 Aug 2005, 09:04
I'm using Windows, so I assume a Windows version is available otherwise I'm going insane.The website address for Joy2Key is www.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823 according to the About section.

supersnake
22 Aug 2005, 14:28
1 word, BATTY ROPES!

Nice work Deadcode. My worms Battle pack comes tommorow along with XIII and all for just £0.99 off ebay.

Wormtrix
22 Aug 2005, 15:23
1 Question. WHAT are batty ropes...?

Angel_0A
22 Aug 2005, 17:05
Hot damn. I don't know what to say. This could possibly be the oldest game with ongoing support. Two thumbs up to you Deadcode and those supporting you at Team 17. Seriously, at the rate you're cracking the bugs, we're going to have a perfect game in no time :) ! Keep up the good work.

P.S. I've started a thread a couple of days ago about the missing missions for PC that are on the Playstation version [thread named: Worms Armageddon Extended]. Is there anything that can be done about that? If not, no worries - your doing a kickass job at the moment, but if there's anything you or Team 17 can work out...I know quite a lot of die-hard fans and casual gamers that would be overjoyed ;) .

Madmaxquinn
22 Aug 2005, 17:16
How about the ability to set the fuse time using one button as seen in W4:M?

DaSzab
23 Aug 2005, 01:13
I finally got another idea! PLEASE OH PLEASE make it so that you can minimize the game without the colors going screwy!

chowe
23 Aug 2005, 01:20
I finally got another idea! PLEASE OH PLEASE make it so that you can minimize the game without the colors going screwy!
the colors won't get screwy if no pop up or something else opens.
it sometimes happens if a message comes in ICQ but normally not.

DaSzab
23 Aug 2005, 01:25
Ah. Anyway... can you fix it when an ICQ message pops up?

Genexi2
23 Aug 2005, 06:04
1 Question. WHAT are batty ropes...?

Check the replay in the attachment.

supersnake
23 Aug 2005, 11:17
Ah. Anyway... can you fix it when an ICQ message pops up?

That would be extrmely useful. Me and my m8 was kicking ass on WWP and then a messege poped up and it got all ****ty and we cudnt play :(

Wormtrix
23 Aug 2005, 11:46
Check the replay in the attachment.
So i guess that will be included in the new patch?
AAAARGH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supersnake
23 Aug 2005, 16:17
we dont know if it will be in 4.0

I doubt it will, it has been schedualed 4 ages

Wormtrix
23 Aug 2005, 16:56
Let's hope it will be in 4.0 then... Batty Ropes look really fun to me.

Djoszee
24 Aug 2005, 10:39
we dont know if it will be in 4.0

I doubt it will, it has been schedualed 4 ages
if battyropes is sceduled for ages, what about single stepping and multistepping undo stuff. :D

rednecks
24 Aug 2005, 15:54
i emailed t17 last night to ask for a new patch with a /kick feature to get rid of them dumb ass cows. they sent me an email telling me to post it on here for some reason. am i the only person who feels that hosts should be able to boot people from a game rather then having to KTC which messes the whole game up?

Madmaxquinn
24 Aug 2005, 16:20
Dunno what KTC means (too much l33t and acronyms going around these days). Anyway, I remember playing a game years back where all players had the oppurtnity to vote on whether to end a game.

I'd like to turn that on its head and suggest if someone hasn't posted /afk (away from keyboard) or /away or whatever the switch is nowerdays that after 1 turn of inactivity the remaing players get the opportunity to vote (kick) that player out.

Also, if ranks ever come back I think a player should have the chance to request a vote for them to leave. If all (or 80%) of voters agree then they can leave suffering a minor (if at all) penalty rather than just quitting and leaving the game in limbo.

On a personal note I'd love a system that stops people who often quit from games just before or at the end a round from hosting or joining games with more than 1 round for (a) month(s).

Plasma
24 Aug 2005, 17:30
That last idea wouldn't work as some people may have to leave at that time.

Masol
24 Aug 2005, 18:55
i emailed t17 last night to ask for a new patch with a /kick feature to get rid of them dumb ass cows. they sent me an email telling me to post it on here for some reason. am i the only person who feels that hosts should be able to boot people from a game rather then having to KTC which messes the whole game up?
There may be support for rules, so cowing won't be possible.

Genexi2
25 Aug 2005, 00:30
Let's hope it will be in 4.0 then... Batty Ropes look really fun to me.

Quite a few testers have batty ropes, if you can find them on W:A, they can host a Batty-rope enabled game for you, I had the luck of playing on one, was fun doing shoppa (or incredibly insance RR maps) with them, makes for new hiding places and what not.

Any word on whether or not 4.0 will include hosts to make a game with a set # of max players? Sucks trying to setup somethin for 3 players, just to have a full room just as you select a map and boot half the guys out.

Extremist
25 Aug 2005, 01:03
Man, this patch is taking forever to come out! Can't Deadcode take some time to tell us how close to done it is?

DaSzab
25 Aug 2005, 03:22
I think it should be possible to have computer teams be able to play games like shoppas and battleraces, but I'll bet it's just about impossible.

Genexi2
25 Aug 2005, 03:25
Man, this patch is taking forever to come out! Can't Deadcode take some time to tell us how close to done it is?
Should be released around the early days of September if what I was told was accurate info from that tester.

but I'll bet it's just about impossible.

It's possible, main problem being is writing the huge amount of script required for them to be able to rope around gracefully like we can to maneuver the map quickly.

Glenn
25 Aug 2005, 05:54
Any word on whether or not 4.0 will include hosts to make a game with a set # of max players? Sucks trying to setup somethin for 3 players, just to have a full room just as you select a map and boot half the guys out.

You can already do that. Just drag the lower bar of the box where the usernames are at.

Genexi2
25 Aug 2005, 07:17
Slick! Thx for the info Glenn.

Chip
25 Aug 2005, 13:16
I think it should be possible to have computer teams be able to play games like shoppas and battleraces, but I'll bet it's just about impossible.

I really want the AI teams to be able to use more weapons and that is possible!!!!
But I don't know how hard it would be for Deadcode to impliment this.
I will now just bring up the mention of how worms On the Megadrive (Gensis) could use the following weapons: Blowtorch, neumatic drill, Dragon ball.
And yet on WA AI worms cant use these weapons.
Also making them use Morta shouldn't be so hard to work out, after all you do just point it in the air and hope it falls where you want it to land and in my case it usally does :p

bonz
26 Aug 2005, 19:16
You can already do that. Just drag the lower bar of the box where the usernames are at.
is that feature listed in the readme of the beta patch?
or has it been there forever?
it seems to me that almost nobody knows about it.

some sort of symbol in the menu would help.
a double arrow button maybe.

Alien King
26 Aug 2005, 19:24
is that feature listed in the readme of the beta patch?
or has it been there forever?
it seems to me that almost nobody knows about it.

i've never been unable to do it. i assume it's been like that forever

bonz
26 Aug 2005, 19:31
i assume it's been like that forever
not mentioned in the manual either i guess.

Alien King
26 Aug 2005, 19:52
not mentioned in the manual either i guess.

i don't have the manual so i wouldn't know

bonz
26 Aug 2005, 19:59
i don't have the manual so i wouldn't know
and i'm to lazy to read check out the .pdf manual... :p

Glenn
26 Aug 2005, 20:55
I'm pretty sure it was put there with the 3.6.19.7 (or whatever the first Deadcode patch was).

Wormtrix
26 Aug 2005, 20:58
I should really try it out. Thanks!

Chip
6 Sep 2005, 20:39
Just came accross another suggestion, what about having the option to use your own BGM (back ground music) instead of the default tracks on the CD.
There will have to be a new folder made somewhere.

We have this feature on WBC3 and its very good, so why not for WA?

Wormtrix
6 Sep 2005, 20:41
All my games lag when changing music... WA will not for sure...

bonz
6 Sep 2005, 20:41
Just came accross another suggestion, what about having the option to use your own BGM (back ground music) instead of the default tracks on the CD.

you would have to convert your music to .wav format then, as t17 would have to pay for implementing mp3 support into their game, afaik.
ogg vorbis support would help, i guess, though you then would have to convert everything to .ogg format...

Squirminator2k
6 Sep 2005, 20:42

To be honest, most people who want to listen to different music just have Winamp running in the background. That way you can have more tracks on the playlist, which is a lot better than just having one CD.

bonz
6 Sep 2005, 20:46
Winamp running in the background
that would have been my next suggestion.
with global hotkeys or extra buttons on your keyboard you can nicely control winamp from within the game.

Madmaxquinn
6 Sep 2005, 21:38
AFAIK the latest version of winamp allows you to control it with hotkeys even if you have another app fullscreen, though I think that option is off by default.

I'd suggest you have your mp3s on a different hard disk if you have one. Would mean less IO activity on the disk that W:A is installed on.

bloopy
6 Sep 2005, 22:05
If you're using Winamp, try changing Winamp buffer settings, I think it's one of the input plugins. It can start preloading the next song if you tell it to, so maybe you can get it changing songs smoothly.

AmpSux
6 Sep 2005, 22:20
is there any chance of colour-preferences and translucent health/names on worms? :)

Dando
8 Sep 2005, 11:42
whats going on with this beta, been waiting 1 year lol

Thanks

Chip
8 Sep 2005, 13:34
Good things come to those who wait.......but I'm impatient to so how much longer will it take? I really want to go back to being able to play on that tools terrain.

Dodgymat
8 Sep 2005, 14:14
whats going on with this beta, been waiting 1 year lol Thanks

You've been waiting 1 year eh ? Here's all the updates released within the last year :

v3.6.21.1 Beta Update 23.09.2004
v3.6.21.2 Beta Update 27.09.2004
v3.6.21.3 Beta Update 28.09.2004
v3.6.22.1 Beta Update 06.10.2004
v3.6.23.0 Beta Update 23.03.2005
v3.6.23.1 Beta Update 23.03.2005
v3.6.23.2 Beta Update 24.03.2005
v3.6.24.1 Beta Update 29.03.2005
v3.6.24.2 Beta Update 31.03.2005
v3.6.25.1 Beta Update 26.04.2005

That's 10 updates in the last year. Really you've only been waiting since the last update which was 26.04.2005 - that's just over 4 months......

Seita
8 Sep 2005, 14:28
I'm pretty sure it was put there with the 3.6.19.7 (or whatever the first Deadcode patch was).

So true Glenn.

v3.6.19.7 Beta Update (2004.02.09)

Features
• Allow a host to limit the number of players joining, simply by resizing the upper-left player list box. To do so, click and drag the bottom edge of this box. (In v3.5 pre-beta 3 Avacado build, this wasn't working 100% — now it is.)

bonz
8 Sep 2005, 14:50
Features
• Allow a host to limit the number of players joining, simply by resizing the upper-left player list box. To do so, click and drag the bottom edge of this box. (In v3.5 pre-beta 3 Avacado build, this wasn't working 100% — now it is.)
i still think that there should be some kind of (double)arrow or button to indicate it.
not many people know this feature.

Dando
9 Sep 2005, 12:56
You've been waiting 1 year eh ? Here's all the updates released within the last year :

That's 10 updates in the last year. Really you've only been waiting since the last update which was 26.04.2005 - that's just over 4 months......

NO. I said I have been waiting for the beta (meaning 4). Please read before posting!

Run
9 Sep 2005, 15:56
Actually you said

Thanks

which didn't mention a "4" at all, so the only safe assumption was that you meant the next instalment.

LeBronimo
9 Sep 2005, 16:07
yeah waiting for the patch :eek:

if the patch is there i would jump out of the window :eek:

MrBunsy
9 Sep 2005, 16:27
if the patch is there i would jump out of the window :eek:
You would have wasted a lot of waiting.

LeBronimo
9 Sep 2005, 23:40
:'( -.- -.- -.-

How long ?? c.a ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glenn
10 Sep 2005, 01:47
When you see a post in the W:A Beta Patch forum that states that a new patch has come out.

In other words, you get it when you get it, now get over yourself.

LeBronimo
10 Sep 2005, 09:28
lol ... but.. how long (((((( c.a )))))) 1 year never .. 1 minuet ?? :rolleyes:

TN2003
10 Sep 2005, 10:01
When it's done...
Nobody knows

LeBronimo
10 Sep 2005, 15:01
When it's done...
Nobody knows

pfff -.- :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I hope fast

bonz
11 Sep 2005, 00:52
I hope
hope dies last.

XxDangerxX
12 Sep 2005, 03:23
I hope DC's not having another "change of pace" like he did last time there was a massive whopping gap between updates.

THAT'S RIGHT! I'M BACK!! (Actually, I never left. I've just been reading all the posts with nothing to say myself until now.)

rascal
13 Sep 2005, 01:08
I think many would appreciate if the main menu resolution was the same as in-game resolution.... my monitor is driving crazy from this endless res switching....

bonz
13 Sep 2005, 01:28
I think many would appreciate if the main menu resolution was the same as in-game resolution.... my monitor is driving crazy from this endless res switching....
i guess that will come sometime, when deadcode revamps the whole interface beacuse of the new features & options.

DpNo1
13 Sep 2005, 17:55
i cant wait!! :D

Vercetti
14 Sep 2005, 09:08
If Deadcode added join/host command line options, we could make our own interfaces.

LeBronimo
15 Sep 2005, 19:52
weeawa WAITING IS SO HARD FOR ME :... cant some1 ask deadcode when he has the patch finish? :rolleyes:

MrBunsy
15 Sep 2005, 21:03
weeawa WAITING IS SO HARD FOR ME :... cant some1 ask deadcode when he has the patch finish? :rolleyes:
He'll just give the same answer. Probably, "not yet".

bonz
15 Sep 2005, 22:20
He'll just give the same answer. Probably, "not yet".
hmm...
hmm, hmmm...
:D :D :D

LeBronimo
16 Sep 2005, 12:10
...... -.- ........

Djoszee
17 Sep 2005, 13:40
whiners...

bonz
21 Sep 2005, 17:14
i know the answer already
nope, you don't.
the patch is released when this thread has been abandoned for at least 17 days.
so stop posting! :mad:

Ertygil
21 Sep 2005, 17:37
posting this only because i want to annoy bonz

bonz
21 Sep 2005, 17:38
[bright]posting this only because i want to annoy bonz[bright]
another 2 days longer to wait... :rolleyes:

Extremist
22 Sep 2005, 04:47
Why in the name of our lord can't Deadcode take 2 minutes to tell us what the status of the dang patch is?????

SargeMcCluck
22 Sep 2005, 09:26
Why in the name of our lord can't Deadcode take 2 minutes to tell us what the status of the dang patch is?????

Why can't George Bush tell us the exact day he will catch Osama? Why can't scientists tell us how to cure cancer?

Things take time. You don't always know *how* long.

XxDangerxX
22 Sep 2005, 11:15
He didn't say he wants to knw how long, he said he wants to knoe where it's up to.

SargeMcCluck
22 Sep 2005, 11:35
He didn't say he wants to knw how long, he said he wants to knoe where it's up to.

How do you know where it's up to?

Deadcode could say he's done x, y, and z. But there's also, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j that we know of, and then k, l, m, n, o, p, and q that people don't know of. Plus r, s, t, u, v and w that Deadcode doesn't even know of yet but that he will think of.

Deadcode doesn't plan out the next two hundred patches writing down what features will make up each patch. He releases them when he releases them.

As such, there is no way of knowing where he is up to, or how long it will take.

Learn to interpret English please. Face value sucks the big one. Thanks.

And he didn't say he wanted to know where it's up to anyway. He asked for the status, which could mean many things, including time.

You suck.

jerms
22 Sep 2005, 11:38
Dont flame :p

What does your av say?

SargeMcCluck
22 Sep 2005, 12:16
Dont flame :p

What does your av say?

I'm not flaming. Danger has been around for ages, he actually knows me (I used to post a LOT more than I do now). I tell everyone they suck, it's what I do. Danger has been around for years and so I'm pretty certain he knows I was kidding with quite a bit of my post ;)

And it says EPIX PLZ.

jerms
22 Sep 2005, 12:21
Ok, thanks...

Hmm... EPIX PLZ... Epics Please???

SargeMcCluck
22 Sep 2005, 12:23
Ok, thanks...

Hmm... EPIX PLZ... Epics Please???

Yep.

It's a World of Warcraft thing.

jerms
22 Sep 2005, 12:24
I see.

I'm going to kill (not literally, I just need to take out my anger) sel if that damn 10 letter limit message appears again

SargeMcCluck
22 Sep 2005, 12:25
I see.

I'm going to kill (not literally, I just need to take out my anger) sel if that damn 10 letter limit message appears again

You are?

jerms
22 Sep 2005, 12:30
No I'm not, I was just releasing my anger.

SargeMcCluck
22 Sep 2005, 12:42
No I'm not, I was just releasing my anger.

Count the characters in my post. Then quote it and see ;)

Dando
22 Sep 2005, 12:54
Must be a bug this. I am still on 85% team rank even though I have done everything known to man, gold on everything, on elite...etc.

Even got 99 crates on rifle range (5 minutes 2 sec i think). So come on what do I do to get 100%?

Chip
22 Sep 2005, 18:59
Be a better WA player......

Alien King
22 Sep 2005, 19:40
Count the characters in my post. Then quote it and see ;)

nice trick. at first i thought it was done using the edit function (it seems if you edit a post soon enough, it doesn't add the "last edited by.....", but that didn't work

Madmaxquinn
22 Sep 2005, 20:04
Must be a bug this. I am still on 85% team rank even though I have done everything known to man, gold on everything, on elite...etc.

Even got 99 crates on rifle range (5 minutes 2 sec i think). So come on what do I do to get 100%?

If I remember correctly you had to complete every mission, deathmath etc. without a single fail and/or worm dying. Damn near impossible if you ask me. Fat chance I'm going to recreate my team to try and get 100% even with the team backup utility installed.

Extremist
22 Sep 2005, 22:00
And he didn't say he wanted to know where it's up to anyway. He asked for the status, which could mean many things, including time.

You suck.

What I wanted to know is how far completed the patch is. Has he started yet? Is it half done? Is he in the final testing stage? We don't know, and I think he should let us know.

bonz
22 Sep 2005, 22:26
What I wanted to know is how far completed the patch is. Has he started yet? Is it half done? Is he in the final testing stage? We don't know, and I think he should let us know.
deadcode has been releasing beta updates every few months since 9th of august 2002.
be glad that he did that and not wait until the whole patch is completed.

if you have a look at the readme, you'll see for yourself how fast he is progressing and where he is at the moment.
ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WA_Readme-3.6.25.1a_Beta.zip
also, read about the confirmed features on this site:
http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/update.php

Run
22 Sep 2005, 22:27
But I want to be surprised!!! Stop trying to ruin it for us all :mad:

Extremist
23 Sep 2005, 02:27
There haven't been any updates since April. I think he should release a beta update that will make Worms more compatible with newer video cards.

bonz
23 Sep 2005, 02:46
a beta update that will make Worms more compatible with newer video cards.
keep cool.
•With some video cards (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT) and drivers, W:A's front end would have a very slow refresh rate, resulting in extreme unresponsiveness.

Dando
23 Sep 2005, 12:01
Thanks, I get it now but looks like it is too late. unless someone can give me a utility which will wipe my deathmatch data......really this should be in the manual and made clear.

If i would have known I would have got 100%.

What is the diff between 85% and 100% anyway? extra weapons???

Seifer Almasy

double post edit

Be a better WA player......

sorry for double post but i just noticed this sarcastic fellow. II bet you haven't beat my rifle record, and in any case I was asking for help not ridicule off a low life worm! (excuse pun)

Run
23 Sep 2005, 12:06
If you get 100% you unlock the "fullwormage", a scheme with every weapon set at infinite. Also you get the ability to set ammunition numbers for super weapons in the weapon editor.

You can unlock the full wormage without beating anything though:
http://www.blamethepixel.com/filedownload.php?id=0331

bonz
23 Sep 2005, 14:30
If you get 100% you unlock the "fullwormage
no, you don't need 100%.
you don't need gold on every mission.
Also you get the ability to set ammunition numbers for super weapons in the weapon editor.
really?
deadcode has coupled this with winning the full wormage?

Run
23 Sep 2005, 15:01
Yeah, otherwise there's not really much incentive to get the full wormage if you can make it anyway in the editor. It makes sense.

Chip
23 Sep 2005, 21:57
sorry for double post but i just noticed this sarcastic fellow. II bet you haven't beat my rifle record, and in any case I was asking for help not ridicule off a low life worm! (excuse pun)

You don't know anything about me, for your information I could be the best player at WA and beaten your records 3 times over :p

But due to the laws of realality I havn't.
I don't know what percentage I've got or what crate score I've got on any of my missions, I stopped playing the game ever since the front end runs soo slow on my new computer and on this computer Windows doesn't think this computer has a sound card (which is built into the motherboard)

But WA isn't one of those games for me where I must complete ever aspect of it.

As long as you enjoy the way you play the game - your happy.

bonz
23 Sep 2005, 22:16
since the front end runs soo slow on my new computer
this has already been fixed for the next update.
i can say it works for me. (v3.6.26.3d pre; gf6600 with forceware 77.77)
Windows doesn't think this computer has a sound card (which is built into the motherboard)
on-board soundchips can normally be deactivated by a setting in bios and/or a jumper or switch on the motherboard.
maybe that's the case.

Chip
24 Sep 2005, 12:39
on-board soundchips can normally be deactivated by a setting in bios and/or a jumper or switch on the motherboard.
maybe that's the case.

Yeah windows said so in the help thing.
But it is activated...the only other situation why it doesn't work is that it is not compatible with the windows OS.

when I has windows XP home - it worked,
when I has windows XP Pro - it worked,
when I has windows XP Pro SP2 - it doesn't!!!!!!!!

talented
24 Sep 2005, 15:33
Where / When can I download the patch?

bonz
24 Sep 2005, 15:39
the latest beta update (v3.6.25.1a) is available here:
http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15

talented
24 Sep 2005, 16:10
And when will version 4 be available?

Djoszee
24 Sep 2005, 16:46
when 3.99.99.9 is done

Run
24 Sep 2005, 17:08
Not to sound like a noob here guys, but is it ever going to happen? Pretty soon it'll have been two years.

Thanks
i cant wait!! :D
And when will version 4 be available?

Someone lock this sodding thread already.

bonz
24 Sep 2005, 17:46
Someone lock this sodding thread already.
or at least remove the sticky thing.

i think a thread with the title "www.nanacide.com/wahelp" should be sticky on top of the forum.

Dando
26 Sep 2005, 10:07
A reply from deadcode would not go amiss you know, this is the beta 4 thread. Busy or not I would have posted here once in a millennia!

double post edit

when 3.99.99.9 is done

hahaha ..... very amusing but not helpful;)

double post edit

But due to the laws of realality I havn't.

hmm is this a new word? reality and relativity become 1? :p

rednecks
27 Sep 2005, 19:20
i have seen people have said that the v4 patch will be spot on, many features would be missing, /kick feature, objective settings, ie weaponms menu not accesable untill crate collected, bigger maps etc. WA has loads of things that can improve it.

Djoszee
27 Sep 2005, 20:30
i have seen people have said that the v4 patch will be spot on, many features would be missing, /kick feature, objective settings, ie weaponms menu not accesable untill crate collected, bigger maps etc. WA has loads of things that can improve it.
people say a lot of things.
everyone wants a lot of things.

can this thread be locked or unstickied? read run's post

LeBronimo
27 Sep 2005, 20:42
wait wait wait ^^ wait is so hard :rolleyes: can nobody say to how % it is finished ?? and how long it have now?
ol @ my english ://

bonz
27 Sep 2005, 21:10
can nobody say to how % it is finished ??
if you don't know what the whole 100% is, you can't give any relative values.
only deadcode knows. and maybe santa clause. and the easter bunny.
maybe the MI6/CIA/FSB have a clue too.

Chip
27 Sep 2005, 22:08
can this thread be locked or unstickied? read run's post

Locked?

People use this thread to make plauseable suggestions, if something is going to be done then unsticky it but keep it open.

bonz
27 Sep 2005, 22:35
People use this thread to make plauseable suggestions
ehrm...
the more plausible suggestions are made here:
http://forum.team17.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Extremist
28 Sep 2005, 04:08
I think that it should be locked when it hits 50,000 views.

Crossfire
28 Sep 2005, 05:18
441 views to go, 441 to go... One time watched and one more gone, 440 views to go...

LeBronimo
28 Sep 2005, 14:52
if you don't know what the whole 100% is, you can't give any relative values.
only deadcode knows. and maybe santa clause. and the easter bunny.
maybe the MI6/CIA/FSB have a clue too.
so ask one of them :rolleyes:

Extremist
29 Sep 2005, 20:07
It's been de-sticked! I think they should have waited until 50,000, but I guess it's close enough.

bonz
1 Oct 2005, 04:04
It's been de-sticked!
well, finally. a pm to sel seems to work.

Extremist
10 Oct 2005, 20:48
It's past 50,000 views! It must now be locked!

XxDangerxX
20 Oct 2005, 06:45
I have a suggestion:

In the multiplayer screen, next to (or underneath) the buttons: "Save" and "Delete", there should be a button that shows "View Rules" if it sees there is a txt. file with the same name as the scheme in the schemes folder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the maps and schemes menus run on that (or a similar) premise?

XxDangerxX
20 Oct 2005, 12:50
I have a suggestion:

This is pretty important. In fact I reckon it's so important that it should be under bugfix (although I am convinced that this problem was intentional and decided on at an early date - I don't blame you guys).

Can the order of in-game graphics levels be changed (when you press insert) so that the background debris thingies come very early in the order? I want this so I can have optimal performance and yet still be able to judge the wind resistance for my weapons.

EDIT: Whoops! Houston, we have a problem! Double posting is back for the quick replies... Sel might wanna fix that, ay?...

Run
20 Oct 2005, 15:42
I want this so I can have optimal performance and yet still be able to judge the wind resistance for my weapons.

You must have an extremely old computer if background information makes any noticable difference to performance.

So old would such a computer be, infact, that I don't believe it would be worth implementing such a feature ;)

Anyway, why can't you use the wind bar? (I'm sure you saw this question coming so I'm surprised you didn't anticipate it with a reply)

bonz
20 Oct 2005, 16:01
use the wind bar
that's what i use.
i mostly don't recognize the falling debris.

Madmaxquinn
20 Oct 2005, 16:20
I'm with Danger. I like to just have the windy bits and none off the of the background stuff. For me it is a matter of preference, not performance.

XxDangerxX
20 Oct 2005, 23:54
You must have an extremely old computer if background information makes any noticable difference to performance.
Not if I have it on the absolute top resolution possible. I've tested and it makes so much difference in performance that it's not funny. Keep in mind, regardless of the power and potential of the hardware, the graphic levels on full are virtually (and maybe even more than) double the amount of graphics than at minimum. The performance difference when I tested it even surprised me.

Anyway, why can't you use the wind bar? (I'm sure you saw this question coming so I'm surprised you didn't anticipate it with a reply)
I did actually see the question coming, I just didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to ask it.

Unlike some of you, some of us use both the wind bar AND the debris. And some of us don't even use the wind bar at all. For me, the debris is much easier*. It's an atmosphere sort of thing where you judge the wind by your 'emotions' and feelings based on the experience you have gained by playing. The wind bar is good for some people because it uses the technical approach.

*I do double-check with the wind bar, though. I use both sides of the coin.

Akdor 1154
21 Oct 2005, 10:50
It's an atmosphere sort of thing where you judge the wind by your 'emotions' and feelings based on the experience you have gained by playing. The wind bar is good for some people because it uses the technical approach.Well, it might just be me, but falling cogs don't do that much for me on the emotional side of things.

Neither do little pink squirmy things, for that matter. Go figure.

Run
21 Oct 2005, 17:25
I did actually see the question coming, I just didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to ask it.

Oh. Well, thank you.

wolfey902
22 Oct 2005, 17:13
Can you make it so oil drums will explode when using drill on it