PDA

View Full Version : W:A 4.0 Beta Update

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

CyberShadow
17 Mar 2007, 18:19
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on how well the DirectX-interacting code is separated from the game. If the game is well-written, it shouldn't be a problem.

OddFlame
14 Apr 2007, 08:02
Whoa, it's been like three years and this patch still isn't out?

CyberShadow
14 Apr 2007, 08:42
We've raised our goals somewhat. Also, DC seems to have lost some of the enthusiasm...

Chip
14 Apr 2007, 14:34
Also, DC seems to have lost some of the enthusiasm...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

If he's lost enthusiasm once then he could easly loose more.................our hopes and dreams are falling :(

Mirux
16 Apr 2007, 04:52
DC and CS should get paid for this. Team17, selfish asses!

BigBilly
16 Apr 2007, 08:59
DC and CS should get paid for this.

YaY. (Text to be able to click on "Submit Reply)

MrBunsy
16 Apr 2007, 16:29
Do we definitely know that they're not then?

Run
16 Apr 2007, 17:10
Spadge said so somewhere

MrBunsy
16 Apr 2007, 20:07
Ah right.

Dando
16 Apr 2007, 21:33
I have give up wondering when mr Patch will arrive and instead, just lurke around answeringa few posts. If and when it comes I will be happy, but I have lost patience waiting and asking:p

Melon
16 Apr 2007, 21:36
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=574231&postcount=551

You clearly missed yesterday's/today's big news then....

-EDIT- Unless you're talking about v4, in which case there never has been point in waiting.

Dando
16 Apr 2007, 23:13
of course I was on about 4. This is the beta 4 thread not 3.*****

Still, this is good news all round:)

franpa
17 Apr 2007, 07:18
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=574231&postcount=551

You clearly missed yesterday's/today's big news then....

-EDIT- Unless you're talking about v4, in which case there never has been point in waiting.

ii remember them once mentioning it was being released at Christmas time, did it come? no. thus them saying it will be released next/this week isn't really that easy to believe.

CyberShadow
17 Apr 2007, 09:00
I didn't promise anything, but I can try :p

Melon
17 Apr 2007, 17:47
ii remember them once mentioning it was being released at Christmas time, did it come? no. thus them saying it will be released next/this week isn't really that easy to believe.

Actually IIRC, CyberShadow said AFTER Christmas that they had hoped to release it BEFORE Christmas, not the other way round.

So hopefully (but not guaranteed) it'll be out soon.

Metal Alex
17 Apr 2007, 21:43

Considering this is good news, how can you complain? even if they don't release it yet, it'd mean it's VERY advanced.

Come on, you are not paying an extra cent, you can't complain :p

Dando
18 Apr 2007, 01:04
No this time I belieev the new patch will be released soon:) one thing though, does this one fix the horrible menu resolution default?

bonz
18 Apr 2007, 02:05
does this one fix the horrible menu resolution default?
Nope .

Dando
18 Apr 2007, 02:29
pity:( along with window mode this really is number 1 on my wish list. how about you?

franpa
18 Apr 2007, 04:57
Considering this is good news, how can you complain? even if they don't release it yet, it'd mean it's VERY advanced.

Come on, you are not paying an extra cent, you can't complain :p

i just think people shouldnt get there hopes up.

Mirux
18 Apr 2007, 06:06
Why not? I believe DC and CS. And what this guy says is true, people complaint but they don't pay a cent for it.

CyberShadow
18 Apr 2007, 12:51
Windowed mode is planned for 4.0, which isn't the update soon-to-be-released. 4.0 is still way into the future...

I think people should keep their hopes up... just, don't hold your breath :)

Dando
18 Apr 2007, 17:03
how about we give 20 US dollars/ 10 UK pounds Paypal to deadcode?> Would this motivate him? I am more than willing to start paypal fund to atleast give him SOMETHING?

Project64 team are doing this also, I think it would be a good idea

Melon
18 Apr 2007, 17:09
Certainly been mentioned before. While I agree it would be a good idea, poor CyberShadow can't use PayPal as it doesn't support the country he lives in (I think this is right) and we wouldn't want him to feel left out.

Of course you could argue that Deadcode has been wotking on it longer, but CS's contribution has still been vital to the whole process.

Dando
18 Apr 2007, 17:18
True;) but there must be other ways he can accept money. I just think it would be fair to give them a little something for their work:cool:

DragonQ
18 Apr 2007, 17:24
Is this patch going to help with Vista issues at all CyberShadow? That's definitely number one on my list - Worms is really the only reasaon I use XP at all any more. I guess number two would be an improvement in the crate system - like an extra bar that controls the probability of getting ANY TYPE of crate in a turn. For example:

Current System:

Weapon: 100%
Utility: 50%
Health: 0%

Chances of getting ANY TYPE of crate in a turn would be 150/200 (75%) - with 50% of turns having a Weapon crate, 25% having a Utility crate, and 25% of turns having no crates. (Actually it might be 150/300 (50%) with 33% of turns having a Weapon crate, 17% having a Utility crate and 50% having no crates - I'm not sure which is right, but either way, it's a fairly rubbish system as it means you can't do what would be possible in the following two examples...)

Better System:

Health: 0%
Total: 100%

Chances of getting ANY TYPE of crate in a turn would be 100% - with 66% of turns having a Weapon crate and 33% having Utility crate.

Better System (Example 2)

Health: 50%
Total: 50%

Chances of getting ANY TYPE of crate in a turn would be 50% - with 25% of turns having a Weapon crate, 12.5% of turns having a Health crate, 12.5% having Utility crate, and 50% of turns having no crates.

Basically, more control over crate drops would be great. At the moment I have a scheme with 100% of turns having Weapon crate drops (unless of course there's no space or there's 5 on the landscape already - the general rules), but I'd prefer to have, say, 80% weapon crates, 15% of utility crates and 5% health crates, but this is impossible currently (you'd end up with loads of turns with no crates if you set all of these in the game's system or a scheme editor).

Just a thought :)

CyberShadow
18 Apr 2007, 18:37
DragonQ: that's a good proposal, however changing these settings would create compatibility problems with existing schemes. Adding new values ("Total") would also require a new scheme file format. Worst case is that this will be added in 4.0.

pisto
18 Apr 2007, 20:12
why dont you look for more (trusted) programmers? and would you like a donation system?? (oh, i expect a big YES!:p :D )

SilPho
18 Apr 2007, 20:19
I don't think there are many talented programmers who are willing to take on such an immense project which requires so much passion and enthusiasm, let alone without payment, then you need to add the trustworthyness to remian dedicated to the project as well as the trust not to leak the valuable source code.

On top of all that, the product needs to be fully functional since buggy versions released to the public would be havoc.

Doesn't sound easy to me.

DragonQ
18 Apr 2007, 20:28
Could you not just make the game use the old method if the "Total Crate Drop Chance" (or whatever) value is null?

yakuza
18 Apr 2007, 22:22
On top of all that, the product needs to be fully functional since buggy versions released to the public would be havoc.

You know even when Private silkworm (something a million times worser than an alpha version with a couple of bugs if any notable one) was leaked things where relatively kept under control, I really don't know how you guys come up with this catastrophic theories.

Plutonic
19 Apr 2007, 00:40
I don't think there are many talented programmers who are willing to take on such an immense project....

I would be willing to help out but I could never garentee getting much time to work on it. A feature here and there perhaps but little more.
There are plenty of good programmers on the Worms community, many of which are trust worthy, but at the end of the day its not up to CS and DC, its up to Team17.

olavi
22 Apr 2007, 07:52
hmm, what about more languages for the game? like Finnish or Spanish... of course we will survive with english ;) but anyway.

Jerry
22 Apr 2007, 08:40
Good idea olavi.
Maybe Polish too?:cool:

bonz
22 Apr 2007, 13:07
hmm, what about more languages for the game? like Finnish or Spanish... of course we will survive with english ;) but anyway.
Spanish is already available on the Euro version. Finnish isn't.
But don't you Finns speak Swedish too anyway? Hehe. ;)

If you think you're capable of translating the whole game's text to Finnish and keep the humor and innuendos, you might want to contact Deadcode or CyberShadow.
Good idea olavi.
Maybe Polish too?:cool:
Isn't there a Polish version already available?

olavi
22 Apr 2007, 13:34
don't you Finns speak Swedish too anyway?

All of us doesn't :/ i'm a very good example. it's funny that almost every game hasn't got finnish texts...

yakuza
22 Apr 2007, 13:46
I don't think it's funny, I think it's logic.

Chip
22 Apr 2007, 15:13
My version of the game has Polish, Finish and Spanish - but they are team speeches :D

olavi
22 Apr 2007, 15:21
of course i have finnish on speeches too ;) not in options...

Jerry
22 Apr 2007, 15:29
Isn't there a Polish version already available?

There isn't ;)
Where i can download speeches?

bonz
22 Apr 2007, 16:07
There isn't
Hmm, I'm quite sure that there is a Polish version (ingame text, etc.) available.
Maybe it's a Russian/Polish verison?
Where i can download speeches?
A Polish speechbank is already available in WA.

DerTo
23 Apr 2007, 18:00
Is there an exact date when the patch will appear??

Because:"Sometime this week... or next one...:p " sucks.

MrBunsy
23 Apr 2007, 21:22
..."When it's ready" I rather suspect

Chip
23 Apr 2007, 21:46
This patch shouldn't be called "WA 4.0", it should be called "WA 4-ever" :p

BigBilly
24 Apr 2007, 08:41
This patch shouldn't be called "WA 4.0", it should be called "WA 4-ever" :p

"WA 4-ever" FOR THE WIN!!!

b33p
25 Apr 2007, 20:40
Thanks! Awesome update.

olavi
2 May 2007, 13:10
eh... is it coming?

DerTo
2 May 2007, 15:31
eh... is it coming?

...when it's finished :-/

sk8kill
5 May 2007, 00:12
dream? joke? :eek:

DerTo
5 May 2007, 15:40
Two weeks ago Cybershadow said, this or next week it will appear... when???

SilPho
5 May 2007, 16:33
The patch that is being released soon is NOT this 4.0 update. 4.0 is a loooong way off.

olavi
5 May 2007, 19:38
how do u know? >:(

SilPho
5 May 2007, 19:46
Because they've told us. Several times. In this thread.

This one for one.
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=574677&postcount=2277

DerTo
5 May 2007, 20:14
The patch that is being released soon is NOT this 4.0 update. 4.0 is a loooong way off.

And when will this patch appear?

SilPho
5 May 2007, 21:36
As unsatisfying as this answer is. Soon. We don't know exactly. As far as the community knows it might be tomorrow or it might be later this month or it might be a Christmas present. Obviously we hope it's sooner than that.

(Just to clarify, I am talking about 3.6.27.x, not 4.0)

yakuza
5 May 2007, 21:38
This update will still take years to come, but if it ever comes it'll change worms completely and probably make it live for years and years (more).

Melon
5 May 2007, 21:43
To clear things up for anybody who is reading this thread for the first time.

This thread is essentially about the long term plans for the updates. v4.0 is the name that will be given to the update where all of the major planned features are included. However, some of these features may include entire re-writes of large parts of the code that worms uses, hence it could take years.

For information on the next update that will be released, v3.6.27.4, please click here (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31403).

SimonMagus
11 May 2007, 13:47
I know that the patch will be out when it's ready, and could take months, but I'd just like to mention a request if I may.
I've always wanted to see objects on the landscape that could fall over or be blown across the screen by explosions, causing damage to any worm that it hits or falls on. They could be objects such as indestructable girders, wheels or other articles of refuse. I think tht the chain reactions that could occur would add an amazing element to the game. Imagine tossing a grenade beside a pipe that then flew across a shelf, damaging 4 worms as they slide across the shelf, two of them falling into the water below...

Just an idea. I have more, but I'm going to try not to be greedy, since I know you guys already have a ton of requests/work to do. Thanks for listening in any case.

Melon
11 May 2007, 14:10
Things like this have been suggested before.

http://wiki.thecybershadow.net/Bowling_Ball

bonz
11 May 2007, 20:36
You can use the dud mine as an object to blow around.

GoDxWyvern
11 May 2007, 20:45
Dud mines have no influence on worms. :p

Mirux
11 May 2007, 21:34
I know that the patch will be out when it's ready, and could take months, but I'd just like to mention a request if I may.
I've always wanted to see objects on the landscape that could fall over or be blown across the screen by explosions, causing damage to any worm that it hits or falls on. They could be objects such as indestructable girders, wheels or other articles of refuse. I think tht the chain reactions that could occur would add an amazing element to the game. Imagine tossing a grenade beside a pipe that then flew across a shelf, damaging 4 worms as they slide across the shelf, two of them falling into the water below...

Just an idea. I have more, but I'm going to try not to be greedy, since I know you guys already have a ton of requests/work to do. Thanks for listening in any case.

Hey, that sounds great. I imagine a piece of land falling upon my worms, Ouch! That'd be incredibly.

XxDangerxX
12 May 2007, 03:11
Incredibly what? Usually that's followed by an adjective

But back on topic again, I read that link Melon put up and yes, a few of the problems it refers to would be fixed by antialiasing terrains to work out the angle of the slope. That particular fix was mentioned by DC sometime or another...

But yeah! I don't reply to these forums much anymore, but I really like the idea of a bowling ball. It really fits the general atmoshpere of the game.

But that leads me to my next point: are DC and CS willing to replace some weapons in the weapons menu? I mean they added some new weapons in Worms 2's weapons menu and changed some coding. It was meant to be a patch for W2. Guess what it instead became known as?

Worms: Armageddon

I fear that the bowling ball may not be implemented for the simple fact that it would lead to that happening again. That DC and CS don't want to unwittingly create another new game in Worms' 2nd generation series.

That's my 2 cents.

Melon
12 May 2007, 10:30
I think Deadcode once said he'd be adding in support for the fiddler, so anything you could do on that you could do easily and add/replace weapons.

I don't think they'll be changing weapons themselves. You only have to look at the upcoming update thread to see how much controversy there was over changing the way grenades bounce. So changing something as fundamental as the weapons will be a big no no.

yakuza
12 May 2007, 13:14
Incredibly what? Usually that's followed by an adjective

But back on topic again, I read that link Melon put up and yes, a few of the problems it refers to would be fixed by antialiasing terrains to work out the angle of the slope. That particular fix was mentioned by DC sometime or another...

But yeah! I don't reply to these forums much anymore, but I really like the idea of a bowling ball. It really fits the general atmoshpere of the game.

But that leads me to my next point: are DC and CS willing to replace some weapons in the weapons menu? I mean they added some new weapons in Worms 2's weapons menu and changed some coding. It was meant to be a patch for W2. Guess what it instead became known as?

Worms: Armageddon

I fear that the bowling ball may not be implemented for the simple fact that it would lead to that happening again. That DC and CS don't want to unwittingly create another new game in Worms' 2nd generation series.

That's my 2 cents.

It became a whole game by itself because it exceeded all expectations for a patch. And it wasn't only because they added a couple of weapons.

bonz
12 May 2007, 13:52
But that leads me to my next point: are DC and CS willing to replace some weapons in the weapons menu?
Why replace?
I bet the weapons panel can easily expanded by a column or two.

And if they are ever pulled off, which I dearly hope, weapons like the Sheep-on-a-rope and the laser should be hardcoded in the game as standard weapons.

franpa
12 May 2007, 13:56
anti aliasing the ground for stuff was NOT and never should be deemed a fix... all it is is a change... there is nothing WRONG with how it currently works... its just a bit unpredictable ;P

franpa
12 May 2007, 13:58
To clear things up for anybody who is reading this thread for the first time.

This thread is essentially about the long term plans for the updates. v4.0 is the name that will be given to the update where all of the major planned features are included. However, some of these features may include entire re-writes of large parts of the code that worms uses, hence it could take years.

For information on the next update that will be released, v3.6.27.4, please click here (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31403).

i know of a couple features not listed at that link ;P thus i reckon its pointless to still direct people to there.

edit: is support for adjusting super weapons being added? why can't you have support for 2 scheme formats? the old and the new and if someone joins with an old version there name turns red just like when you use a PNG and someone uses v3.6.22.1 or older...

balver
11 Mar 2008, 12:58
If graves are improved after all the fixes and whatnot, would think PNG support would be better than GIF. least then you'd get smoothed edges and the file would be smaller :D. maybe even be able to up the size limit a bit to something like 30 x 40.

Yes, PNG would be much better. Or even APNG (see Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animated_Portable_Network_Graphics) and specification (http://wiki.mozilla.org/APNG_Specification)). It could give us ability to make easly animated graves.

IMHO changing size of graves is unnessesary. It's possible to make good quality graves of size 24x32 (like standard W:A animated ones).

BTW, I'd like PNG (APNG) were supported for flags. Animated flags would be great.

Devoluti0n
11 Mar 2008, 21:18
Hi, I've few suggestions.

1) Game interface edition :

I've played few game where it was possible to edit the interface trough command line in files.
So here is my suggestion :

-It would be very interesting to add a support of lua/xml or any other readable and easily codable file to let players to edit their ingame interface.
I know theses files format were supposed to be implemented for scheme editing etc... So why wouldn't take advantage of this and let players to make their own personnal worms armageddon skin ? ^^
Using external graphics files animation or whatever, the user could change and customise the layout, as life bars, menu and winds sprite etc...
I know that's not very useful, but that would be fun :) !

2) Map/Scheme and WormNET request

-Add a way to keep in memory what was the last scheme played, like maps do, to be able to win time, when the game is relaunched.

-Add the possibility to give the lead to someone else in the host, so that he will be able to manage the game as if he would have hosted.
That would make things easier in some special guessable case.

-Add a feature to load presets of map/scheme in online hosts, to win time.

-Being able to see who is in a host just by over-mousing a host in the host list.

3) Map editing

-Add a big map generation support with desired map size.
-Add a button which would let to smooth the draw.
-Add a button to draw lines from a A clic point and an another B clic point (like in MSpaint for exemple).

4) Game glitches

-Correcting the rope mask would be very great (I'm talking about that rope which go trough the wall when the wall is smaller than 4px or something like that).

5) Game improvements

-adding a new feature which could let players to place griders out of the map size limit range so that we could play outside :).

Ok i'm done ! lol, All that I dream is listed here ^^, maybe some of theses suggestions have already been suggested before.

Maybe some of my suggestions are too hard to make, but let risk it ... ^^

I hope my english is not too bad ! ^^, thx, See you !

franpa
12 Mar 2008, 02:14
Hi, I've few suggestions.

1) Game interface edition :

I've played few game where it was possible to edit the interface trough command line in files.
So here is my suggestion :

-It would be very interesting to add a support of lua/xml or any other readable and easily codable file to let players to edit their ingame interface.
I know theses files format were supposed to be implemented for scheme editing etc... So why wouldn't take advantage of this and let players to make their own personnal worms armageddon skin ? ^^
Using external graphics files animation or whatever, the user could change and customise the layout, as life bars, menu and winds sprite etc...
I know that's not very useful, but that would be fun :) !

2) Map/Scheme and WormNET request

-Add a way to keep in memory what was the last scheme played, like maps do, to be able to win time, when the game is relaunched.

-Add the possibility to give the lead to someone else in the host, so that he will be able to manage the game as if he would have hosted.
That would make things easier in some special guessable case.

-Add a feature to load presets of map/scheme in online hosts, to win time.

3) Map editing

-Add a big map generation support with desired map size.
-Add a button which would let to smooth the draw.
-Add a button to draw lines from a A clic point and an another B clic point (like in MSpaint for exemple).

4) Game glitches

-Correcting the rope mask would be very great (I'm talking about that rope which go trough the wall when the wall is smaller than 4px or something like that).

Ok i'm done ! lol, All that I dream is listed here ^^, maybe some of theses suggestions have already been suggested before.

Maybe some of my suggestions are too hard to make, but let risk it ... ^^

I hope my english is not too bad ! ^^, thx, See you !

1) planned for W:A 4.0.

2a) nice idea.

2b) not really useful, EVER since you are still forced to use the original hosts maps and schemes. unless you request it to change where to look for these files once the switch is made.

2c) not too helpful imho

3a) already planned in a later update

3b) don't know why this would be needed

3c) nice idea

4) probably not easy to do without making a massive impact/change on the gameplay.

Squirminator2k
12 Mar 2008, 02:42
2b) not really useful, EVER since you are still forced to use the original hosts maps and schemes. unless you request it to change where to look for these files once the switch is made.

Eh? That doesn't make any bloody sense.

franpa
12 Mar 2008, 02:59
well, what advantage is there if your still stuck with using the same maps/schemes?

Muzer
12 Mar 2008, 18:02
I thought there was a line function, I can't remember how to use it there. I think you hold control or something.

Robsoie
12 Mar 2008, 18:09
Somewhere in the multiple pages of this thread (or another about the same wa4.0) i remember there was a mention about getting WA and WWP to basically join up in term of code compatibility.

Does that mean we will be able to play the WWP SP missions/maps/schemes/challenges/etc from the retail WWP game in WWA when WA4.0 will be a reality ?

Would be awesome to not need to have both games installed to have both sp contentn (would free lots of mb from my harddrive)

franpa
13 Mar 2008, 02:15
you will need the disc for the single player part your after since everything is not installed in both wwp and W:A.

XxDangerxX
13 Mar 2008, 02:27
OK, the line thing is done by holding SHIFT when you click.

CTRL causes you to draw a perfectly vertical or horizontal line.

d3rd3vil
24 Jul 2008, 17:41
Ehm what the hell is going on? After 4 years this 4.0 version is not out yet? What the hell?

Why can't you just rls it as a beta patch for the community? Whats the problem?

canofworms
24 Jul 2008, 20:17
Because its not ready yet?

d3rd3vil
24 Jul 2008, 20:25
Well.....a patch for a 2D worms after 4years not rdy?

Run
24 Jul 2008, 20:30
Whats the problem?

you

you're the problem

canofworms
24 Jul 2008, 20:49

So what are all the 3.6.blah patches then?

A patch can take a while to develop, WA4 will (from what I gather) be a complete overhaul).

robowurmz
24 Jul 2008, 21:50

Yeah, you know what? You start programming. Go on. Do it yourself. Bet you can't get that far in 10 years.

lookias
25 Jul 2008, 00:06
Yeah, you know what? You start programming. Go on. Do it yourself. Bet you can't get that far in 10 years.

read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_software
after it,.... get brain ;)

soustruh
25 Jul 2008, 01:57
Oh my god, stop this stupid arguing, some jerks just don't understand that the present developers create the patches in their free time (if I'm not terribly mistaken) and considering that we should be glad, that they publishing at least some patches... Look at WWP where it ended although it's a newer game :-)

robowurmz
25 Jul 2008, 11:20
read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_software
after it,.... get brain ;)

Yeah, ever heard of disassembly or reverse-engineering? Besides, I meant make a new game. You know, programming. AND, DC and Cyber only got the source-code because they were astoundingly clever at reverse-engineering.

lookias
25 Jul 2008, 13:41
Yeah, ever heard of disassembly or reverse-engineering? Besides, I meant make a new game. You know, programming. AND, DC and Cyber only got the source-code because they were astoundingly clever at reverse-engineering.

mwahaha ya with reverse engeneering it would take years to patch worms. ok you read the wiki articel but you still didnt got a brain.
and no i dont know very much about reverse engeneering, and you can be proud about it, i would only do crap stuff with others like you. to be honest.

MrBunsy
25 Jul 2008, 14:01
mwahaha ya with reverse engeneering it would take years to patch worms. http://worms2d.info/Silkworm

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's how Deadcode started.

lookias
25 Jul 2008, 14:11
http://worms2d.info/Silkworm

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's how Deadcode started.

and that is a wicked cheat.

HeroHolger
25 Jul 2008, 14:14
nope thats not a cheat thats a nice tool

cheating tool is a tool with a similar name.

robowurmz
25 Jul 2008, 15:43
and that is a wicked cheat.

Which, lo and behold, was made with Reverse-Engineering. :p

Hey, maybe I don't have a brain; at least I can use grammar properly though.

Run
25 Jul 2008, 16:27
page 79 link doesn't work so i'm blankposting til it does

lookias
25 Jul 2008, 16:58
Which, lo and behold, was made with Reverse-Engineering. :p

Hey, maybe I don't have a brain; at least I can use grammar properly though.

do you think your drivel is productiv in any way, mister?

robowurmz
25 Jul 2008, 22:30
do you think your drivel is productiv in any way, mister?

Yes, yes I do. I believe that it is indeed enlightening some individuals who refuse to take on board the length of time required for any project.

franpa
26 Jul 2008, 12:39
nope thats not a cheat thats a nice tool

cheating tool is a tool with a similar name.

your thinking wrong.

CyberShadow
26 Jul 2008, 13:00
http://worms2d.info/Silkworm should clear this up.

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 16:51
Yes, yes I do. I believe that it is indeed enlightening some individuals who refuse to take on board the length of time required for any project.

i think 4 years of developement in secret is a very very long time. this qualivies d3rd3vil`s thinking.
my meaning about this is that the maintaners plan another commercial version of worms not a free cost patch (or maybe just something that changes the chance to crack worms, something like steam maybe).
you see there are reasons for that kind of question and you are only spamming with senceless states.

Muzer
26 Jul 2008, 16:56
i think 4 years of developement in secret is a very very long time. this qualivies d3rd3vil`s thinking.
The people who are maintaining WA do not get paid by Team17. They do not have any incentive to do this, other than their love for the game. These people have something called "lives", which from your posts evidently you do not. They do their best to attempt to fit WA in between their "lives".

my meaning about this is that the maintaners plan another commercial version of worms not a free cost patch
WTF are you on about now?

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 17:20
WTF are you on about now?

why wtf man, for example WoW takes over 10 euro from every online gamer per month. they earn many millions every month with it.
i read yesterday that worldwide malware developement earns 10 millard dollars in a year. its common to take money for developement dood.

and paying maybe 10 euro for a very well WA patch, would be ok for me. thereby i dont even say all time that wa developers have their own live lalalala, so why should they waste it for free? on one hand you are so kind to say "be patient with WA developers" but on the other hand you cant expect things for free, and especcially not that what deadcode has in mind for the future.

Melon
26 Jul 2008, 17:37
thereby i dont even say all time that wa developers have their own live lalalala, so why should they waste it for free?
If Deadcode or CyberShadow ever felt that they didn't want to do this anymore, they'd stop. They like doing this. They're happy to do this for free.

I don't know anything about the agreement they have with Team17, but my guess is that Team17 don't want to pay them to update a 10 year old game. So they don't. There have been suggestions of setting up a paypal account so that we can donate to them if we want to, but CS can't get paypal where he lives so it's out of the question. I don't even know if they'd feel happy taking donations.

I'm sure they're glad to hear that you think they're wasting their time.

Also, what does WoW have to do with any of this? The costs of running WoW are immense, so of course they charge monthly for it. Playing Worms online costs Team17 nothing more than a chat server and games list. If they charged 10 euros for that, or even charged for updates that they were getting people to produce for free, I'd be outraged. You say you can't expect things for free, but we've got game replays and big maps and everything else the patches have given us for free. It might take years, but we'll get there eventually.

I respect your right to argue about how you think things should be done, but it's not going to change anything in this case. Things are working as they are now because it's the only way.

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 19:32
I'm sure they're glad to hear that you think they're wasting their time.

I respect your right to argue about how you think things should be done, but it's not going to change anything in this case. Things are working as they are now because it's the only way.

dont tell me what i think or mean, you will fail.

Melon
26 Jul 2008, 19:52
dont tell me what i think or mean, you will fail.
so why should they waste it for free?
F-
Must try harder.

Sorry man, I've been trying to be as nice as possible, but if you don't even read your own posts, what hope is there?

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 19:59
Sorry man, I've been trying to be as nice as possible

no its not nice to say what i think and what not. the better way would be to ask me if i mean it in the way you understand it.
and now you try asking me this indirectly, with some insulting inside.

Melon
26 Jul 2008, 20:09
So wait, hang on, you post that you think they're wasting their time, and then you blame me for thinking that that's what you think?

Why post it if it's not what you think? Are you suggesting that I ask after everybody posts anything if it's what they meant?

I don't pick on people's spellings or grammar, but if you can't type a post that doesn't clearly state what you really mean, then it's not my problem and you need to learn how to do that. English probably isn't your first language and it's probably difficult for you, but if someone misunderstands what you've said, it's most likely a lack of communication on your part.

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 20:16
Why post it if it's not what you think? Are you suggesting that I ask after everybody posts anything if it's what they meant?

yes, or read my posts more carefully.

Melon
26 Jul 2008, 20:16
yes, or read my post more carefully.
But is that what you really meant?

DarkOne
26 Jul 2008, 20:21
on one hand you are so kind to say "be patient with WA developers" but on the other hand you cant expect things for free, and especcially not that what deadcode has in mind for the future.

These things are not mutually exclusive, but rather complementary

( http://dictionary.com )

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 20:27
no i mean its a time waste when people get it and not even pay for worms itself. i guess what deadcode has in mind for wa 4.0 is allmost a new worms and i bet this new worms will be more save against cracking. this could be reached with wormnet keys which cost some money.
all guessing about a worms that will never been written maybe hehe.

MrBunsy
26 Jul 2008, 20:31
yes, or read my posts more carefully.

How would he be able to know your confirmation of what you said was correct without you confirming that also? :p

robowurmz
26 Jul 2008, 21:02
no i mean its a time waste when people get it and not even pay for worms itself. i guess what deadcode has in mind for wa 4.0 is allmost a new worms and i bet this new worms will be more save against cracking. this could be reached with wormnet keys which cost some money.
all guessing about a worms that will never been written maybe hehe.

Yeah, and what about existing users?

Man, your ideas suck. Haven't you heard of the word KEYGEN? Or perhaps, once again, REVERSE-ENGINEERING?

Heck, it's SIMPLE to stop serial keys from working, all you need is a disassembler and 20 minutes!

lookias
26 Jul 2008, 21:14
Heck, it's SIMPLE to stop serial keys from working, all you need is a disassembler and 20 minutes!

to much criminal energy comes from you dood.

franpa
27 Jul 2008, 02:17
No, it is called intelligence. anyone with half a brain (and works with computers) should know that any protection scheme is easily defeated given time. Blame Microsoft (or thank them) for there bad security and loopholes and stuff in Windows.

robowurmz
27 Jul 2008, 10:38
No, it is called intelligence. anyone with half a brain (and works with computers) should know that any protection scheme is easily defeated given time.

Exactly!

In my opinion, Microsoft should switch over to the Linux kernel; it's incredibly secure; should prevent virus and malware attacks, due to the way linux handles permissions.
Come to think of it, now that Bill's stepping down from being in high command to work on his charity schemes more and actually getting back into development and getting his hands dirty in code, I think we can expect Windows 7 to be a little better than Vista (especially since Bill admitted he didn't like it).

you cant expect things for free
Ever heard of Linux?

CyberShadow
27 Jul 2008, 10:47
OS design has nothing to do with copy protection or reverse engineering. Even if all code was encrypted/signed, you could edit your OS to dump decrypted code or execute unsigned code as well. The only way is hardware support, for example Trusted Computing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing) technology.

Muzer
27 Jul 2008, 10:48
you cant expect things for free
OpenOffice.Org, GIMP, Linux (as noted), Opera, FireFox, Flash Player, WormUX, HedgeWars...

robowurmz
27 Jul 2008, 10:50
OS design has nothing to do with copy protection or reverse engineering. Even if all code was encrypted/signed, you could edit your OS to dump decrypted code or execute unsigned code as well. The only way is hardware support, for example Trusted Computing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing) technology.

Who was this directed at? I never said that OS's had anything to do with copyprotection on programs etc. My mistake if I did.

CyberShadow
27 Jul 2008, 11:11
I might have misread.
In my opinion, Microsoft should switch over to the Linux kernel; it's incredibly secure; should prevent virus and malware attacks, due to the way linux handles permissions.
The same can be achieved by working as a limited user on Windows. In Windows XP and earlier, Windows users have administrator priviledges by default, which would be equivalent of running everything as root on Linux. Even so, although this will stop viruses and trojans that will attempt to subvert the system, it won't work on worms, adware and spyware which operate in user space (e.g. browser toolbars).

robowurmz
27 Jul 2008, 11:32
The same can be achieved by working as a limited user on Windows. In Windows XP and earlier, Windows users have administrator priviledges by default, which would be equivalent of running everything as root on Linux. Even so, although this will stop viruses and trojans that will attempt to subvert the system, it won't work on worms, adware and spyware which operate in user space (e.g. browser toolbars).

Indeed; however, even operating as root linux still prevents any program from being run unless it is given permission to do so by root. Often this is done through chmod -x. It's also easy to run a program, but deny it write access, so therefore we can see what the program is without it having any effect. Doubtless you know this, this is just to agree and discuss.

I'm sure Microsoft would find a way that is just as annoying as UAC in Vista to put this in should they ever switch to the Linux kernel. :D

CyberShadow
27 Jul 2008, 15:43
even operating as root linux still prevents any program from being run unless it is given permission to do so by rootA user may make any file executable as long as he has ownership to the file. I don't think root can restrict which files can be made executable by users on a file or directory basis (without taking ownership of the object). Windows access control lists also allow denying execution of files - however, unlike on Linux, files' default permissions are inherited from their container. This means that all files may be executed by default. Note that, unlike on Linux, a system administrator may enforce policies that would prevent any files from being executed from certain folders using Software Restriction Policies, e.g. any folders that limited users may write to. AFAIK Linux's closest equivalent is the no-execute option when mounting devices.

As for overall security, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of priviledge elevation vulnerabilities (AKA local root exploit) for Linux would be higher than that for Windows.

yakuza
28 Jul 2008, 08:18
to much criminal energy comes from you dood.

You're german, stop posting in the forum and go play WA 24/7.

lookias
28 Jul 2008, 12:33

ey yakuza wanna buy 1 liter clear water? i make good price for you, about 50 cent ok? for open source water i take 60 cent, thats fair enough.

MrBunsy
28 Jul 2008, 12:56
ey yakuza wanna buy 1 liter clear water? i make good price for you, about 50 cent ok? for open source water i take 60 cent, thats fair enough.

That was the most bizarre retort I've heard in a long time.

SgtFusion
29 Jul 2008, 08:21
It was only fitting, since this:

is a non-sequitir.

yakuza
29 Jul 2008, 08:53
It was only fitting, since this:

is a non-sequitir.

People normally say don't comment on what you don't understand.

Wormtrix
1 Aug 2008, 02:49
Lol is this 4.0 thing still going on?
Since i became partially sighted (in the autumn of 2005) i haven't touched W:A anymore. And alot of months later, maybe even a year or 2 XD i thought, hm maybe they got it finally... My bad.. lol

robowurmz
1 Aug 2008, 20:02

What? Well, since I live in Scotland (worlds purest freshwater springs, apparently) I'll sell a litre for 10 cents. Because I'll get more customers due to low prices, I'll sell you out! (Destructive Pricing Scheme, this is known as).

DarkMitch
2 Aug 2008, 16:51

I am genuinely interested in aquiring some of this "Open source water".

lookias
2 Aug 2008, 19:08
I am genuinely interested in aquiring some of this "Open source water".

not far away from me there is a holy spring. and some people i know drinking nothing else, they gain it for free there.

robowurmz
2 Aug 2008, 20:23
So, does "Open Source Water" mean we get the source-code for water? Nice. I want to reprogram it to flash different colours.

lookias
2 Aug 2008, 21:23
As for overall security, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of priviledge elevation vulnerabilities (AKA local root exploit) for Linux would be higher than that for Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit

CyberShadow
2 Aug 2008, 22:52
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit
How is that related?

lookias
3 Aug 2008, 00:26
How is that related?

on linux you have free tools like chkrootkit.
to find out if all root processes used the right way through the system (e.g. they registered in the kernel <-- dunno how to say it right). to find out if a process is malicious.
i mean exploits can be debunked in that way. because hackx will go unusal ways.

its not a suprise when such articels talk are more related to windows than to linux. because windows is very unsave.

CyberShadow
3 Aug 2008, 00:37
Please refrain from posting links to articles before even reading them.

lookias
3 Aug 2008, 00:50
Please refrain from posting links to articles before even reading them.

no they arent. and by using windows security services you become a hostage of windows it self.

the proof is sasser virus/worm/trojan which passes its way to a windows security deamon. not supirsingly this virus... was written by a 17 years old german guy ;)

CyberShadow
3 Aug 2008, 01:30
http://thecybershadow.net/dump/6e79adea9fcbcbf6bfa21095284ce95a/terror.gif (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/compare/default.mspx) :D
(I'm kidding)

X-Ray99
3 Aug 2008, 07:52
because windows is very unsave.
because windows is used much more widely (unfortunately), not because it is unsafe :-/

StoneFrog
4 Aug 2008, 02:06
So how many years ago was this thread derailed?

Also, lots of people say "Windows has more viruses/hackers than <system>" as a recurring point.

Perhaps more people hack for Windows because more people use it and therefore there is a LARGER GROUP TO ATTACK?

Run
4 Aug 2008, 07:34
So how many years ago was this thread derailed?

About a page ago

The previous 75 pages faithfully stayed on topic, with constant cries of "is it ready yet??"

franpa
4 Aug 2008, 07:59
Perhaps more people hack for Windows because more people use it and therefore there is a LARGER GROUP TO ATTACK?
Stating the obious, gets you nowhere in the real world.

MrBunsy
4 Aug 2008, 09:39
It's not necessarily true, though. The majority of webservers are (were?) Apache, but that still has a solid reputation as being secure. What Windows has, which apache doesn't suffer from in the same way, is a lot of stupid users. People who download everything they're emailed, people who've never used a computer before, people who click every flashing link, etc. While the majority thing certainly is a part of that, I think the 'large group of non-computer literate users' is probably a larger influence.

yakuza
4 Aug 2008, 10:02
Stating the obious, gets you nowhere in the real world.

Obviously.

StoneFrog
4 Aug 2008, 15:25
It's not necessarily true, though. The majority of webservers are (were?) Apache, but that still has a solid reputation as being secure. What Windows has, which apache doesn't suffer from in the same way, is a lot of stupid users. People who download everything they're emailed, people who've never used a computer before, people who click every flashing link, etc. While the majority thing certainly is a part of that, I think the 'large group of non-computer literate users' is probably a larger influence.
Well that's true. Windows tries to be user-friendly (and Vista went overboard on it), and it's probably the most used OS for "less skilled" users, seeing how Linux and all utilize much more customization and all. Those less-skilled users are the same ones who are jumping up and down that their bank just emailed them that they had a transaction error and now they're giving one million away to everybody.

Crowe911
25 Aug 2008, 06:42
Please, can you hurry up with the patch 4.0?

I love WA but I can't play it because I have Win Vista and Intel :(

I have an idea, can you make a fast fix for that?

I would be very grateful for that :D

robowurmz
25 Aug 2008, 11:38
Please, can you hurry up with the patch 4.0?

I love WA but I can't play it because I have Win Vista and Intel :(

I have an idea, can you make a fast fix for that?

I would be very grateful for that :D

We're nowhere near 4.0 yet. We're still at 3.6.29.0; of course, there will be more updates to follow, etcetera.

You'll have to pester Intel to make DDraw-compatible drivers for Vista, we can't help it.

lookias
25 Aug 2008, 12:32
http://www.tburke.net/fun_stuff/pictures/computers/windows-cement.jpg

robowurmz
25 Aug 2008, 13:21
Well, that was some epic fail. Hotlinking has been disabled.

lookias
25 Aug 2008, 13:41
well then watch the video, its funnier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FnE6y9JIM

robowurmz
25 Aug 2008, 14:05
Lol, that's great.

yakuza
25 Aug 2008, 16:35
Well that's true. Windows tries to be user-friendly (and Vista went overboard on it), and it's probably the most used OS for "less skilled" users, seeing how Linux and all utilize much more customization and all. Those less-skilled users are the same ones who are jumping up and down that their bank just emailed them that they had a transaction error and now they're giving one million away to everybody.

However, Linux, whilst it still has a big group of legit computer-pro users, there's also a bunch of fake ass wannabes. It happened in my uni, snob head girls with Mini Coopers that would wear oldschool rock shirts because wearing ralph lauren wasn't cool anymore, and the new cool thing is being underground. Obviously, they had never heard any of the music they were running around with on.

Like in this thread, the people who go out of their way to advertise these products can be considered into this group of fake ass wannabes. The funny bit is that they usually become a more annoying mass than the main stream mass. Once the most idiotic part of the mainstream mass pickups on the over idiotic advertisment of the underground mass. Best example is Firefox idiots. Firefox is like fags. The ones you smoke. It used to be cool back in 2000 to smoke aged 15 because it made you cool and tough and ****. It's 2008, there's more hardcore accesible **** out in the market so if you want to look cool Marlboro won't cut it.

Popular products associated with this behaviour as seen in this thread is fake Linux/Ubuntu users and soon enough followers of whoever launches a cheaper less buggy more feature rich iPhone clone. Lookias here is a clear case of free unjustified Linux fanatism. He spends hours a day tweaking his background and icon size just for the sake of it, with no real goal other than thinking he's cooler than the average windows user. But Bill Gates is still 100x times cooler than any Linux user will ever be.

lookias
25 Aug 2008, 18:46
Lookias here is a clear case of free unjustified Linux fanatism. He spends hours a day tweaking his background and icon size just for the sake of it, with no real goal other than thinking he's cooler than the average windows user. But Bill Gates is still 100x times cooler than any Linux user will ever be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

that takes some minutes to install (whatever installing things in linux is more simple than it is on windows if you can install the software over a repo manager, and in a common scenario it is mostly the case that you can do that). and your pc must not be so over*****ed (tuned). on windows you (and your raped pc) can only dream of such effects.

as a browser im using konqueror because its part of the kde, which is written in Qt, which i like much. if programmers have to rate the best gui framework Qt comes at first and mfc (microsoft f*** classes...) comes very late (or maybe last dunno). that fact and many others building the context of the windows CEMENT joke.

and no, bill gates is not a fine guy he blames linux (which includes so many univeritys which are working on it) that they steel microsofts ideas. and on the other side windows copies much nice stuff that comes from linux. how cool is that? o0

yakuza
25 Aug 2008, 18:52
Point proven.

lookias
25 Aug 2008, 18:57
Point proven.

i dont get your point. you just mentioned my name so you can have my oppinion. thats fair enough ;P

Run
25 Aug 2008, 19:11
software zealotry

thread ruined

robowurmz
25 Aug 2008, 19:16
Haha, sorry, what? Linux is the best OS I've ever had the pleasure to use. I am no fake ass wannabe, as I use it almost all the time.

You however, don't seem to have. Doesn't that make YOU the fakeass wannabe?

Paying hundreds of dollars for an operating system that isn't really worth it (it would be much better free, like linux is) is like smoking. It used to be cool in 2000. It isn't now.

Open source is pretty much the way forward for most developers: Apple have built their operating system on the Linux kernel now; if Microsoft did, they would completely destroy any opposition, because they have a huge dev team. And I would respect that; Microsoft is not a bad company, and Bill Gates is a very nice person, what with his charities and so on. Microsoft would do well to use a Linux kernel in their OS, and embrace Open Source. Yes, this would mean that they would not be able to make as much money. However, they could take the Apple approach and make their own brand of computers. Apple seem to have subsisted on this fairly well over the last few years, I'm sure Microsoft would benefit from that. They should re-write their kernel at the least, the NT Kernel is now starting to age and become unsupportable, no matter how long they plan to develop it.

I hope Windows Seven makes a nice entry. Microsoft need a boost to their popularity.

I hope you took the time to read this, because if you didn't, then you'll think I am some sort of asshole or something.

Muzer
25 Aug 2008, 19:43
I never run Windows, with my use of it, it gets bloated within 2 months. Linux on the other hand is so hard to bloat. I even tried to bloat it once, and it only actually started acting up when it didn't let me log on, I realised I'd completely run out of hard disk space!

STUSSY
25 Aug 2008, 19:55
Is this ever coming out?

DragonQ
25 Aug 2008, 20:14
My friend tried to install Linux last year because his lecturers use it and it would make things easier if everyone was using the same code editor and compiler etc.

Basically it ended up being a wasted evening - after about 5 failed attempts at compiling the kernel we finally got it installed but then no matter what we tried, we could not get the Java SDK to install fully/properly (and we're both very advanced PC users). We didn't understand why it couldn't just use a GUI installer instead of having to install a bunch of individual modules manually using the command line. It's like going backwards :/.

I'll probably try to install Ubuntu or something eventually just so I have the option to learn how to use it properly but at the moment I can't be bothered.

lookias
25 Aug 2008, 20:27
i hope yakuzas point was not that i am a fake wannabe.. lol
this discussion focusses a context i didnt started so i can have a meaning about it, but that doesnt means that i changed to linux because of my meaning about this topic.

do you think i changed to linux because i dont like bill gates or of another stupid reason which is barrely worth of beeing discussed in a worms armageddon forum?

if yes, then let me explain my mind.

i changed because of several reasons one of it and maybe the best of all, is that i wanted to try something new. something that appeares so hard. so i guess most windows user feel like that but with some weeks its all easy (for me it was like that).

and it seems like this feeling is what you try to discuss/defend here. but no worrie thats common human behaviour.

lookias
25 Aug 2008, 20:38
I'll probably try to install Ubuntu or something eventually just so I have the option to learn how to use it properly but at the moment I can't be bothered.

my first try using linux was kubuntu, but the instant messanger didnt worked. so i changed to opensuse which ran perfectly with all the tools i expected to run (for example eclipse and kopete).

if important things dont work good (and you dont have the knowledge to fix that) you have bad chances to become happy with it. my tip is to try opensuse with kde, it has yast2 and is thatswhy very similar to windows.

robowurmz
26 Aug 2008, 07:50
My friend tried to install Linux last year because his lecturers use it and it would make things easier if everyone was using the same code editor and compiler etc.

Basically it ended up being a wasted evening - after about 5 failed attempts at compiling the kernel we finally got it installed but then no matter what we tried, we could not get the Java SDK to install fully/properly (and we're both very advanced PC users). We didn't understand why it couldn't just use a GUI installer instead of having to install a bunch of individual modules manually using the command line. It's like going backwards :/.

Perhaps he should have used Ubuntu, Debian, or SUSe. They all have GUI installers and package managers for easy installation of programs and such. And you don't have to compile the kernel either. Not only that, but the package managers also take care of dependancies, installing them along with everything else.

yakuza
26 Aug 2008, 08:13
i changed because of several reasons one of it and maybe the best of all, is that i wanted to try something new. something that appeares so hard. so i guess most windows user feel like that but with some weeks its all easy (for me it was like that).

and it seems like this feeling is what you try to discuss/defend here. but no worrie thats common human behaviour.

Ergo you were trying to be cool and different. Ergo point proven.

I love how everyone started defending Linux and its awesome code and way of working. I never had a bad say about those. I was mostly talking about an attitude. Which is funny, because it started showing in this thread more clearly after my post.

Come on, let's defend the Linux style of life!

lookias
26 Aug 2008, 12:49
Ergo you were trying to be cool and different. Ergo point proven.

trying something new doesnt implicate what you say. please explain me this mental leap of you. why do you think that way?

has that soemthing to do with some girls at your uni?

robowurmz
26 Aug 2008, 17:22
trying something new doesnt implicate what you say. please explain me this mental leap of you. why do you think that way?

has that soemthing to do with some girls at your uni?

Look, stop trying personal attacks or whatever, it does nothing for the image of the Linux enthusiast. We can't you use proper arguments like everyone else in this thread? You've just proven what he said in the first place, and now you're doing it again.

A lot of people think Linux enthusiasts are elitist gits. They're mostly true from the atrocious behaviour of some of my colleagues. However, there are a lot of good ones, I promise. Like on the official Ubuntu forums, places like that.

yakuza
26 Aug 2008, 17:47
there are a lot of good ones, I promise.

I acknowledge there are, my rant was only directed at those who aren't.

lookias
26 Aug 2008, 17:50
ok yakuza is right we are fake ass wannabes, well compared with some girls on yakuzas uni, girls who dont like new rock music at all. ha!

yakuza
26 Aug 2008, 17:58
ok yakuza is right we are fake ass wannabes, well compared with some girls on yakuzas uni, girls who dont like new rock music at all. ha!

I guess you didn't understand the analogy too well. Perhaps it's my wording.

lookias
26 Aug 2008, 19:36
I guess you didn't understand the analogy too well. Perhaps it's my wording.

so, would you say im that kind of person?

Run
26 Aug 2008, 20:53
thanks for two pages of crap guyz

Bawb
26 Aug 2008, 21:29
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet, which I don't want it to be.

lookias
26 Aug 2008, 23:54
thanks for two pages of crap guyz

lets mark this thread as crap ;o

robowurmz
27 Aug 2008, 07:19
lets mark this thread as crap ;o

Not, let's not.

Back to discussion:
A feature I would like to see in 4.0 would be the ability to make special areas on a map. Like a low gravity area, or a 2x damage area. Areas could be box-shaped, for easy placement. Worms and other movable objects would glow a certain colour inside the areas, for example, light blue for increased armour area, bright red for 2x damage area. That'd be the only way of knowing you were in one and which one.

Areas could be randomly striped on the map, or placed by the user in the map editor, or disabled entirely.

franpa
27 Aug 2008, 07:23
You mean 'Square' shaped, since a box is a 3d object ;)

robowurmz
27 Aug 2008, 07:27
Ok, then, how about "quadrilateral" since they can be both sqaures and rectangles?:p

bonz
27 Aug 2008, 14:33
How about it has no shape at all and the creator of the map can simply use an additional layer to add such rules to certain locations.

Same as the suggestions with indestructible portions on destructible terrain.

robowurmz
27 Aug 2008, 16:25
That's a good idea.

(EDIT: Here's a good topic on what Linux enthusiasts should do to get others interested: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=865750)

lookias
27 Aug 2008, 20:29
That's a good idea.

(EDIT: Here's a good topic on what Linux enthusiasts should do to get others interested: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=865750)

until you came back to linux topic i just found the other interesting aswell. but if i try to reproduce the ideas that came to me while playing, i cant remember them anymore.

but one thing is clear, most ideas appear in my mind when i play t17, means that i dont have very much ideas for rope games. (atm i mostly play roper warmer and t17)

pistos hax realises some basic ideas for newer rope generations, having different behaviours for falling, different bounces. but that should be a feature of worms not a addon (hack), not at least because wormkit dont run with wine.

the scheme possibilitys should grow in the direction of the physics of worms and ecspacially the rope. and this would also include that worms needs the possibility to compare own schemes with the schemes of other gamers in one host. to avoid abuse of the bigger abilitys from the host.

d3rd3vil
30 Aug 2008, 13:49
My question is: what are you doing here in this thread?

I thought version 4.0 wont be out until, well, next year or sth. like that? So why are you posting here all day long? :D

Bawb
30 Aug 2008, 14:04
Sorry for discussing a patch for a game that we enjoy, won't happen again.

Diablo vt
30 Aug 2008, 14:08
My question is: what are you doing here in this thread?

Posting, perhaps?:rolleyes:

Squirminator2k
31 Aug 2008, 03:48
Haha, sorry, what? Linux is the best OS I've ever had the pleasure to use. I am no fake ass wannabe, as I use it almost all the time.

I personally love how Linux runs all of my Windows games and software. Oh hey now wait a minute...

Switching to Linux would cost me the use of over $25,000 worth of software and games. Tch.

Muzer
31 Aug 2008, 09:54
Or you could dual-boot and use Wine for all the games that let you (ie most of them, most likely)

MrBunsy
31 Aug 2008, 12:41
(ie most of them, most likely)I wish it were so easy. I've tried, unfortunately, it's not.

d3rd3vil
31 Aug 2008, 16:15
Sorry for discussing a patch for a game that we enjoy, won't happen again.

Yeah well but what the ****? Are there any facts? Any release date? Anything to talk about plz??? I'm just curious....

This is just future music....and it's far far away...

Squirminator2k
31 Aug 2008, 17:36
Why dual-boot into Linux to browse the Internet, write documents, etc. when I can do all of that stuff in Windows already? Switching to Linux would just over-complicate things.

Run
31 Aug 2008, 18:14
Why dual-boot into Linux to browse the Internet, write documents, etc. when I can do all of that stuff in Windows already? Switching to Linux would just over-complicate things.

oh no the thread :(

balver
1 Sep 2008, 09:42
Could any moderator separate this linux discussion from this thread?

CyberShadow
1 Sep 2008, 09:50
There's nothing more to say about 4.0 anyway.