PDA

View Full Version : W:A 4.0 Beta Update

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

OldSkoolCrazy
13 Jul 2004, 14:48
I think utilities should be left where they are. People will go utility power crazy and will never have good old fun, normal games. The utilities are fine, just leave them where they are. The only utility that need changing is the jetpack. You should be able to set the amount of feul. As for the rest, it's fine.

Sn!perWorm
13 Jul 2004, 15:05
Well I'd want to know the power of the utilities before I start a match. If I go and check I'll get booted for not lighting up, if I don't then I risk the possibility of jumping and flying off the end and using invisibility but not knowing how many weapons I can use before I'm visible.
If you spend all the time in the server chatting,it not my problem.Only good reason why this half of minute may not enough to look at power...

And I tihnk that Invisibilty should also be adjustable.But I'll like the most if all will be adjustable.

Star Worms
13 Jul 2004, 15:41
If you spend all the time in the server chatting,it not my problem.Only good reason why this half of minute may not enough to look at power...

And I tihnk that Invisibilty should also be adjustable.But I'll like the most if all will be adjustable.There isn't enough time to look at the whole scheme. Before you've read it all the host is shouting at you to light up, and will probably boot you if you don't.

canofworms
13 Jul 2004, 16:43
EVERYONE! IT HASE BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a million Deadcode!

SargeMcCluck
13 Jul 2004, 17:01
EVERYONE! IT HASE BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a million Deadcode!

Umm... no it hasn't. A new patch, 3.6.20.1 has been released, but WA 4.0 is not out.

canofworms
13 Jul 2004, 17:23
Umm... no it hasn't. A new patch, 3.6.20.1 has been released, but WA 4.0 is not out.
Oh that was the one I was talking about...
Anyway! Any news about V4's release date. I have two major patches that sound good:
W3D SP3
WA V4.0B

SargeMcCluck
13 Jul 2004, 17:27
Oh that was the one I was talking about...
Anyway! Any news about V4's release date. I have two major patches that sound good:
W3D SP3
WA V4.0B

AFAIK V4 will never be out, because Deadcode thinks when that happens the update is finished, and it's not going to be finished for a loooong time - new bugs will be found, new features added, etc.

Muzer
13 Jul 2004, 17:36
I can't be bothered to read the whole thread so can some1 tell me if 4.0 better is out yet?

canofworms
13 Jul 2004, 17:39
I can't be bothered to read the whole thread so can some1 tell me if 4.0 better is out yet?
No. (Read the last post)

Sn!perWorm
13 Jul 2004, 19:24
YAY!3.6.20.1 beta update!No camera lock,but a lot of new features anyway...just read the readme and sounds great!I have to test it now.

canofworms
13 Jul 2004, 19:33
YAY!3.6.20.1 beta update!No camera lock,but a lot of new features anyway...just read the readme and sounds great!I have to test it now.
I think i will post a poll on it!

PsyDome
13 Jul 2004, 20:48
so... where's this udpate located?

Star Worms
13 Jul 2004, 21:29
http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15

PsyDome
14 Jul 2004, 02:27
http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15
aaah... should've scrolled past the 19 update

oopsie?

Sn!perWorm
14 Jul 2004, 14:43
Noooo,just the main site is unactual.Go to support-update and scroll to the bottom.

And thanks for info,Glenn:).

(there was a dumb question)

DBM
14 Jul 2004, 20:45
wow.... the new patch is sooo greaat... -.- the only good thing is you can walk backwards!the other stuff was minor.I want battyropes!

TonY
14 Jul 2004, 22:16
I've got a bit offtopic question:I've got program SchemeWormks made by PPz clan...simple question:does clan let to use it only to clan members,or they let everyone who wants?In first case,I'll delete it.

That's the stupidest question ever asked by anyone... no offense ;)

Sn!perWorm
15 Jul 2004, 07:12
Maybe...:DMut anyway,can you reply to it?:p

And I've got a great idea!When hosting in the Wormnet,you would select what is the oldest version of the game that player can have to join your server.This will eliminate problems and save time if someone with 1.0 version will enter your server,and let you play with players with newest version only.Do you like it?

Star Worms
15 Jul 2004, 09:50
Anyone can use it.

Sn!perWorm
15 Jul 2004, 11:34
???...

Ah,took it,you mean SchemeWorks.OK,thanks.Now I delete that post,it sounded really dumb:p.

RobboMan
15 Jul 2004, 20:13
I have no idea what other people think, but I really don't mind about the odd bug. All games have bugs and they are too far and few to really ruin any gameplay. I am way more interested in the 'fiddler like abilities' talked about in the 4.0 patch. Editing weapons and schemes etc would make the game way more interesting now that the Fiddlers doesn't work on XP.

RobboMan

Plutonic
16 Jul 2004, 10:13
ok, now mirroring the patch here: wormscc (http://wormscc.markindustries.net/download/WA/WA_Update-3.6.20.1_Beta.zip)

Akdor 1154
16 Jul 2004, 10:17
I have no idea what other people think, but I really don't mind about the odd bug. All games have bugs and they are too far and few to really ruin any gameplay. I am way more interested in the 'fiddler like abilities' talked about in the 4.0 patch. Editing weapons and schemes etc would make the game way more interesting now that the Fiddlers doesn't work on XP.

RobboMan

AGREED!

DC, think about this:

Once we get this fiddler-esque editor, WE will be able to change ability power, add new weapons, etc. This would mean that this thread would get about 90% less suggestions (to all, but mainly XxDxX and SnW ;) - great suggestions, everyone, but reading through 800 posts (no, I'm not kidding, 20 pages x 40 posts p/page) of suggestions, debate, and the occasional flame is not my favourite pastime.)

Thanks,
Jarrad

Sn!perWorm
17 Jul 2004, 19:48
AGREED!

DC, think about this:

Once we get this fiddler-esque editor, WE will be able to change ability power, add new weapons, etc. This would mean that this thread would get about 90% less suggestions (to all, but mainly XxDxX and SnW ;-) - great suggestions, everyone, but reading through 800 posts (no, I'm not kidding, 20 pages x 40 posts p/page) of suggestions, debate, and the occasional flame is not my favourite pastime.)

Thanks,
Jarrad
LOL.:)

Hmmm...why not?

And what about my version thingy?:p

double post edit:

Hm,and I've got another question about SchemeWorks(it's more intelligent:p).If I set power to 255 or 254,weapon just DISAPPEARS instead of explosion,and when I selected power to 10,there were no difference between this and 3.Someone knows why?

XxDangerxX
21 Jul 2004, 12:15
It's because SchemeWorks is a hack program. W: A wasn't meant to go out side 1-5. But there can be its good sides. For example:

Set airstrike to 50.
Result? You get an entire terrain length load of missiles in an airstrike. Try it!
I've got a whole list of those "Interesting Weapons Settings" somewhere. If(when) I find it, I'll post it here.

cya!

Keeper
22 Jul 2004, 21:46
That's the stupidest question ever asked by anyone... no offense ;)

agreed TonY

By the way that someone you spoke of in PpZ.. is not just any someone.. that's AnnelidxPpZ.. Annelid is an exelent programer and has built a slue of programs that modify how you play worms.. including Constipated Silk Worm, Scheeme works, and Team ED.. there are more, toiy can find these programs at My website where i mirror his downloads at http://wa-keeper.tripod.com click on dowloads.

Later,
KeeperxPpZ

XxDangerxX
23 Jul 2004, 06:52
I never found out what Silkworm does. And now I find out about a Constipated Silkworm!! I think there was an Antisilk somewhere along the line. Anyone want to explain them?

Sn!perWorm
24 Jul 2004, 10:16
Please,leave this question alone:p.I know it was EXTREMELY dumb,but I just wanted to know:p.

Anyway,I must check out this Silkworm(of course I don't wanna use it in the WormNet!Wait,I heard it doesn't work in the WormNet...)...

xXSpIDerXx
24 Jul 2004, 12:21
Deadcode disabled the usage of Silkworm in the new patches, from what i know. But i can tell you where to get Silky and Antisilk on PM, if you really want to know

XxDangerxX
25 Jul 2004, 13:07
I still don't know what all the silkworms do. But I came up with that txt file with all the "Interesting Weapons Settings".

NOTE: For the formatting with the <TABS> to look right, notepad needs to be set to fixedsys (Edit / Set Font) and you will need to have notepad maximized. If you don't have fixedsys, here it is. Wait a minute, I can't find it. It must come built in to notepad then. Here you go anyway.

Sn!perWorm
26 Jul 2004, 12:25
Wow,cool.I must check the banana and the first air strike thing:).

And Spider,if you can...

XxDangerxX
27 Jul 2004, 11:16
Could sopmeone make me a scheme with those settings please? I may have the initial text file, but I haven't actually made a scheme. But the thing is, I can't be bothered. So could someone do it for me please? Please?

P.S. Has anyone noticed my new avatar?

xXSpIDerXx
27 Jul 2004, 11:57
Could sopmeone make me a scheme with those settings please? I may have the initial text file, but I haven't actually made a scheme. But the thing is, I can't be bothered. So could someone do it for me please? Please?

You can make it online very easily, actually - http://www.blamethepixel.com/schemeeditor.php

Sn!perWorm
27 Jul 2004, 12:05
Or search for SchemeWorks or some similar program(please don't bring that question back:p) in the Google.But I'm going to do this scheme.

zog
27 Jul 2004, 13:30
You can make it online very easily, actually - http://www.blamethepixel.com/schemeeditor.php

nah you can't do powers greater than 5 on readme's scheme editor unfortunately, cause of the change in the latest update.

Sn!perWorm
27 Jul 2004, 17:56
You mean only this editor,or all?

Star Worms
27 Jul 2004, 18:13
Only on that editor. ReadMe didn't feel it was neccesary to make it possible to give over 5 power to weapons because they won't work with the latest patch.

Sn!perWorm
30 Jul 2004, 09:31
Hm,problem.I made the scheme using SchemeWorks with power of all weapons set to 50,and only that HHG and Mad Cow thing worked:(.Air strike didn't sdrop ANY missiles...

Madmaxquinn
30 Jul 2004, 11:04
I hope they make it harder for people to hack away at the game. I'm getting a little bored of all this talk. Are there any people out there who still play Worms as it was originally intended? All I want is to go online play a few matches with no specific rules. Anything Goes is dominated by Propers and Shoopers. What happened to to just blowing each other up with the available weapons by any means possible? Will I ever be able to play a 2 round match where no-one quits? <Rant> <Rant> <Rant>

Now off to rant about the people who spoil my W3D online experience too...

Run
30 Jul 2004, 11:30
Your best bet is to organise such a game with friends before going online.

Or play Team17 games - they have no rules, involve minimal rope use, use all weapons, and they're very popular, so you'd have no trouble getting people to play them.

Madmaxquinn
30 Jul 2004, 11:45
Your best bet is to organise such a game with friends before going online.

Or play Team17 games - they have no rules, involve minimal rope use, use all weapons, and they're very popular, so you'd have no trouble getting people to play them.

I beg to differ. The last time I successfully played a T17 game was over two years ago. I can't remember the last time I went on to WormNet and completed a game all the way through. As for playing friends, the truth is I'm better than them, hence why I want to play diverse players on Wormnet. Back in the day I could logon and find at least 5 or 6 regular players with varing skills up for a challenge. Nowadays if a player is losing by their second turn or meses up a shot they promtply quit. Where is the fun or challenge in that?

Sn!perWorm
30 Jul 2004, 11:52
I never quit if I lose(unless I don't have to leave),even if I lose really badly.Except the times where other(s) are unkind(read:they think they're masters).And I agree,Team17 is great,it's probably the only game today which is popular and doesn't require unlmited ropes to play.BTW,Run,I played few Urban Team17s and they're cool too:).(looking for bloopy's site,you made this game)This was Big City map.It's really cool:).Hm,and I tell you,separating roping and normal games would be best.

DeathBring
3 Aug 2004, 04:51
Well, some people still play normals(i love normals), you just have to find them. Or you can go to(buy?) WWP and play with CWT(Crespo's Worms Tournament - made for those pro normallers that can't find a good mate online) members. They own at normals of any kind. Some of them can play w:a.

Or you can start a community site for w:a pro normallers to go, talk, and organise matches. If you're goinna start one/already found one, tell me please.

OldSkoolCrazy
3 Aug 2004, 07:11
Each time I get into a Normal game rope is set to infinite and at full power. They only win because all they use it rope, or they get some super power weapon in a crate.

Run
3 Aug 2004, 10:01
I beg to differ. The last time I successfully played a T17 game was over two years ago. I can't remember the last time I went on to WormNet and completed a game all the way through.

By that, do you mean other people would consistantly quit, or lag out, or do you mean you got bored of those games? If the former, then i suggest trying it again, at least, just be on the look out for more respected members of the community and question them on entry concerning the rules (there are no rules, so asking them what they are can catch newbies out)

If the latter, then, is it just standard scheme settings that you like? You'll have trouble finding them on wormnet, though I'd play one more than occasionally if there wasn't something better about. If you have msn, add me, and maybe we can organise such a game.

As for playing friends, the truth is I'm better than them, hence why I want to play diverse players on Wormnet.

I didn't necessarily mean real-life friends (I'm better than all mine too, though parker's becoming a challenge...) but also friends made through wormnet, who more than likely will have their fair share of skill for the game.

Nowadays if a player is losing by their second turn or meses up a shot they promtply quit. Where is the fun or challenge in that?

Depends who you play. Which is why questioning is always useful before starting a game, although it can get tedious, so if someone i know comes in i just filter out all those i don't know.

Generally speaking, a person is less likely to be a noob and quit a game halfway through if they have a team with some form of leet speak in it or obscure letters with dodgy symbols above them, a username without all caps or all lower case characters, a username with any form of decoration, and/or an American or English flag (although the flags don't matter if anything before that applies). Also, they may have the same username for a forum they regularly post on.

BTW,Run,I played few Urban Team17s and they're cool too.(looking for bloopy's site,you made this game)This was Big City map.It's really coo

Is this the colour map or the old monochrome one? To be honest i got bored of that particular scheme, but the map is great for any of the standard schemes :D

Madmaxquinn
3 Aug 2004, 11:16
By that, do you mean other people would consistantly quit, or lag out, or do you mean you got bored of those games? If the former, then i suggest trying it again, at least, just be on the look out for more respected members of the community and question them on entry concerning the rules (there are no rules, so asking them what they are can catch newbies out)

I don't use rules. I believe Worms should be a free for all. If you are going to play custom rules, all but last, proper, sheep shopper or whatever, they sould be done is closed forums making it easy for noobs and vetrans alike to find games quicker. I get bord of games were the rope is set to infinite on max power and the game is over before it has even started.

If the latter, then, is it just standard scheme settings that you like? You'll have trouble finding them on wormnet, though I'd play one more than occasionally if there wasn't something better about. If you have msn, add me, and maybe we can organise such a game.

That is the whole point. So many people shy away from Wormnet because it is so different from offline play. The problem is Anything Goes is dominated by poorly customised games and rules. No-one uses the other channels anymore making it even more difficult for noobs and vetrans to find normal, classic, T17 shoppers etc. The Beta may improve game performance, but it doesn't improve gameplay.

I didn't necessarily mean real-life friends (I'm better than all mine too, though parker's becoming a challenge...) but also friends made through wormnet, who more than likely will have their fair share of skill for the game.

I used to have a number of friends made through wormnet but they no longer play w:a. It is hard to make new friends on WormNet when you are considered a noob for not wanting to play ABL, Super shopper etc.

Depends who you play. Which is why questioning is always useful before starting a game, although it can get tedious, so if someone i know comes in i just filter out all those i don't know.

Generally speaking, a person is less likely to be a noob and quit a game halfway through if they have a team with some form of leet speak in it or obscure letters with dodgy symbols above them, a username without all caps or all lower case characters, a username with any form of decoration, and/or an American or English flag (although the flags don't matter if anything before that applies). Also, they may have the same username for a forum they regularly post on.

Again you've just proved the point of how hard it is to join games. I often get booted now because people aren't familar with my nick. There used to be a time when I played W:A online at least three or four times a week. I'm not part of any clan (out of choice) and I don't have l33t speak in my nick,so again the odds are stacked against me and the standard player. I have the same nick online as on the forums but that doesn't stop spotty thirteen year olds calling me a noob and claiming I've got no skill or game ptential because I don't want to play custom rope games. If they could only play the original Worms they might appriciate the rope as a tactical tool not and not just a means of winning a one-sided battle.

Run
3 Aug 2004, 12:10
No-one uses the other channels anymore making it even more difficult for noobs and vetrans to find normal, classic, T17 shoppers etc.

On the contrary - i think it's far easier when all games are stuffed into one channel, all you have to do is scroll down the games list and look for a game resembling one you might like. And if you host a game, you have a better chance of attracting someone who wishes to join it if they're not in another channel.

If you like two different types of games and don't mind playing either, it makes it more tedious to switch between two channels to see if one has been hosted. It's far easier in one channel. That's the very reason everyone uses one channel.

As for getting booted, then simply don't join any games that resemble a roping game or host one yourself. A game named "T17" is likely to attract at least someone who knows how to play them and qon't quit halfway through (and as i have said, questioning helps)

Or if you do find and join a T17, quickly make conversation and demonstrate that you have played a T17 before. Simply saying "Finally, a team17 game" is enough confirmation to the host that you know what's going on.

And if you do host a game entitled "Normal" that will attract a fair few people, though most will be the type who quit when they lose. Best to create conversation in the host screen before starting. Get them to speak. If they don't, then don't take the risk, and if they do, legibly, then you've probably found someone sensible enough to play on.

LizardZen
3 Aug 2004, 12:45
I don't use rules. I believe Worms should be a free for all.
Unfortunately not everyone believes in the same things you do. I always play ffa in my games and never force anyone to follow any rules no matter what the game is.
Even so, if roping, I will always get my crate first because it's my crate and I'm greedy and I'd rather destroy it than let anyone else have it :cool:
I always attack first/second because they're obviously more of a threat to me than the last position team

No-one uses the other channels anymore making it even more difficult for noobs and vetrans to find normal, classic, T17 shoppers etc.
I think you'll find having everyone in the same channel makes it easier to find games as everything is in one place rather than spread between 10 rooms ala worms2

It is hard to make new friends on WormNet when you are considered a noob for not wanting to play ABL, Super shopper etc.
When making friends on worms I find it helps if you do something amazingly stupid like help break snooper or help get rankings and log ins taken away or diss team17 at every available opportunity :cool: It worked for me
Or you could possibly try socialising in an area where people actually play the game rather than making really bad comics about it? Join cl2k and you'll have more friends than Mr-T

double post edit:

On the contrary - i think it's far easier when all games are stuffed into one channel, all you have to do is scroll down the games list and look for a game resembling one you might like. And if you host a game, you have a better chance of attracting someone who wishes to join it if they're not in another channel.

If you like two different types of games and don't mind playing either, it makes it more tedious to switch between two channels to see if one has been hosted. It's far easier in one channel. That's the very reason everyone uses one channel.

As for getting booted, then simply don't join any games that resemble a roping game or host one yourself. A game named "T17" is likely to attract at least someone who knows how to play them and qon't quit halfway through (and as i have said, questioning helps)

Or if you do find and join a T17, quickly make conversation and demonstrate that you have played a T17 before. Simply saying "Finally, a team17 game" is enough confirmation to the host that you know what's going on.

And if you do host a game entitled "Normal" that will attract a fair few people, though most will be the type who quit when they lose. Best to create conversation in the host screen before starting. Get them to speak. If they don't, then don't take the risk, and if they do, legibly, then you've probably found someone sensible enough to play on.

I'd like to add "Invent stupid games" to your list of suggestions. Host some weird crap and people will join just to see what it is.... they'll be like "DUDE! HOMING BNG! GENIUS!" or "WHOA! WORLD SMALLEST ROPER! IS THE MAP REALLY SMALL OR ARE THE WORMS REALLY BIG:?????"

Muzer
5 Aug 2004, 18:23
How do U walk backwards?

Squirminator2k
5 Aug 2004, 18:55
RTFM, or more accurately in this case, RTFRM. Read the ReadMe File, it's in there.

Sigh...

Hold down shift and hold down the opposite direction from which your worm is facing.

double post edit:

The Beta may improve game performance, but it doesn't improve gameplay.
It does improve the Gameplay, but it doesn't improve the online community. You can fix the game as much as you like but the WormNET community is broken beyond repair, and no patch in the world can change the fact that it is dominated by cretins, morons and generally retarded people who think "n00b" is the cutting edge of wit and sophistication.

Madmaxquinn
5 Aug 2004, 19:27
It does improve the Gameplay, but it doesn't improve the online community. You can fix the game as much as you like but the WormNET community is broken beyond repair, and no patch in the world can change the fact that it is dominated by cretins, morons and generally retarded people who think "n00b" is the cutting edge of wit and sophistication.

Well put, Sk2. (Had to write more. There are now restrictions on how little you write!?)

Sn!perWorm
6 Aug 2004, 11:12
Is this the colour map or the old monochrome one? To be honest i got bored of that particular scheme, but the map is great for any of the standard schemes
[ THIS ONE ] (http://bloopy.topcities.com/worms/terrainsb/Team17_Run_BigCity.png)

BTW,I spotted some(I think) bug.Sometimes,in colour terrains,game places GIRDERS.Dunno why,but it does.

About whole recent discussion.I'll risk and say soemthing which is a suicide: people who played WA offline before playing in WN rarely become ropers and play normal games the most.

If you want to play games with pros or at least players who know about what the game is,just write "no newbies" "for advanced players" or something like that.But,I agree,questioning is a good thing.And I've never ran into people who kicked me because my nickname has Correctly Placed Capital Letters(except the capital "I";) ) and my teamname isn't written in l33t.

Next thing-chat.Some people don't know rules(in,for example,Team17-I don't mean I play with rules[NEVER EVER!] but they for example use rope in the first turn to take single crate) and I say something to them in the chat window,and...they don't know how to chat.I dunno-is it as hard to read the manual/that text in the bottom of the chat or what? :p

And last thing-rules.In,for example,BnG I always say the rules(I use only two-no darksiding and no covering yourself with girders or blocking enemy with them.IMO many rules make the game boring)and I say "nothing more" and they go"and what about 5 sec sitters and straight zooks???".Bah.As far as I know,always host sets the rules:p.

SargeMcCluck
6 Aug 2004, 12:47
Well put, Sk2. (Had to write more. There are now restrictions on how little you write!?)

Sk2? It's S2K...

Madmaxquinn
6 Aug 2004, 12:54
TyPo! This worm was using a laptop at the time and his tail kinda hit six keys at once, OK??

Squirminator2k
6 Aug 2004, 17:44
People type SK2 all of the time. It's expected now, much like the ol' AJP thing.

canofworms
9 Aug 2004, 10:08
1:
Option to change the frontend resolution

2:
During my little browse around the HDD I looked in the WA mouse BMP. In there was the
arrow
clock

But there was also
2 different types of resize arrows
a hand

Could you include them into V4?

Sn!perWorm
9 Aug 2004, 10:28
What's V4?:p

About resolution thing...why not?

Star Worms
9 Aug 2004, 10:44
v4 is obviously the whole point of this thread... the 4.0 Beta Update...

Sn!perWorm
9 Aug 2004, 11:35
So why "v"?

Seita
9 Aug 2004, 12:00
resize is used (when u select the amount of players that can join the host)

Star Worms
9 Aug 2004, 14:36
So why "v"?
v stands for version...

Sn!perWorm
10 Aug 2004, 09:59
OK,it's just confusing for me a bit:p.

wccSplintr
11 Aug 2004, 11:53
uhh i couldnt be bothered to read the last 20-odd pages, but i saw about a better scheme editor. will this one have as much as the fiddler including ability to edit each weapon e.g. 5 shots with donkey at 10 donkeys per shot?

this might have been mentioned but 20 pages is a LOT.

the reason i ask is i cant use the fiddler schemes, which ive heard (and seen) are good.

Run
11 Aug 2004, 13:13
Fiddler-like customisability will come, but only after the Scheme Comparator has first been introduced, which will allow you to quickly compare the Host's selected scheme with the most similar one of yours and list the differences between.

That will prevent people from hosting schemes in which there is a horrendously powerful Handgun, and not tell anyone so only they know about it.

wccSplintr
11 Aug 2004, 21:00
thx .........

Sn!perWorm
12 Aug 2004, 19:03
Fiddler-like customisability will come, but only after the Scheme Comparator has first been introduced, which will allow you to quickly compare the Host's selected scheme with the most similar one of yours and list the differences between.

That will prevent people from hosting schemes in which there is a horrendously powerful Handgun, and not tell anyone so only they know about it.
This will be good because no-one will hide unlimited ropes from you...

Run
12 Aug 2004, 20:22
Why would they try to hide unlimited ropes anyway? They pretty much come as standard on wormnet :)

xOGCxmoses
13 Aug 2004, 07:11
This will be good because no-one will hide unlimited ropes from you...

hide unlimited ropes???

XxDangerxX
14 Aug 2004, 10:21
That's what I'd like to know. What the HELL does that mean?

Glenn
14 Aug 2004, 17:15
The best thing I can get out of it is like when you join a 'normal' game that has unlimited ropes at full power, and if you stop to check the scheme you tend to get booted for not lighting.

Sn!perWorm
14 Aug 2004, 18:57
Exactly.Someone writes"normal game" you join,you MUST light immediately,and you don't know that ropes are set to infinite...

wormydoomy
17 Aug 2004, 02:49
i didn't read the other pages but will there be a weapon creater?
that would be cool. u could set where u want your custom weapon to be.(like in utilities or f1-12)but u couldn't make it horrendously powerful,like you would mix attributes of other weapons in the selected catagorie or u can mix and match other catagories (like dynamite strike, or mine teleport,in which u would teleport a mine u have to a different place than in front of u. but mine teleport could only be used if u have a teleport a mine and a mine teleport.once these weapons are accquired mine teleport would become avaiable.)

Evil Bunny
17 Aug 2004, 08:45
ermm, well seeing what the old fiddler can do. Dynamite strike, quite possible. In fact i think it probably existed as a fiddler weapon. Mine telleporter, not a chance. The fiddler sceme was pretty basic, it let you edit simple weapons like you would replace the sprites of mines with dynamite, and so making dynamite strike. But nothing as advanced as making mine teleporter, or making worms came from there graves or whaatever's not already programmed in the game.

Sn!perWorm
17 Aug 2004, 12:51
But please,can you don't use those "u go 2 that place and c that":p.

sergelac
20 Aug 2004, 20:12
1 - there is a bug when playing against the computer
can't select where to place my worms, they are randomly positioned.

2 - when the version 4.0 beta will be finish, will there be an option to import fiddler .fsc files ?

Run
20 Aug 2004, 21:29
1 - there is a bug when playing against the computer
can't select where to place my worms, they are randomly positioned.

That's not a bug.
The computer can't decide where to put its worms, so in the interests of fairness every worm is random, regardless of what the scheme is set at, whenever there's a CPU involved.

canofworms
21 Aug 2004, 07:32
What % of the patch is completed?

(ps. I presume making no more of the 3.x patches would make the production of the 4.0 one faster)

SargeMcCluck
21 Aug 2004, 16:10
You assume wrong. 4.0 will only come out once Deadcode is completely finished with the game afaik - 4.0 is not a beta in any shape or form, and knowing how Deadcode thinks of versions I'd assume that means that it would be final. So we won't have it for a while yet.

As the point of the betas are to test things that could generate problems, he's not going to suddenly write insane amounts of things and then release it all at once and say "that's it, if there's any bugs then HA!, that's your fault" now is he.

xOGCxmoses
21 Aug 2004, 18:29
You assume wrong. 4.0 will only come out once Deadcode is completely finished with the game afaik - 4.0 is not a beta in any shape or form, and knowing how Deadcode thinks of versions I'd assume that means that it would be final. So we won't have it for a while yet.

As the point of the betas are to test things that could generate problems, he's not going to suddenly write insane amounts of things and then release it all at once and say "that's it, if there's any bugs then HA!, that's your fault" now is he.

probably not. he works hard on them...and yes, there are problems with some of them. but thats why we agree to the beta agreement, RIGHT!

when its ready, its ready. think of it like a good pasta sauce, you cant rush the flavor so you can hurry up and eat. you have to just let it all run its course and in due time, it will be perfect as it can be.

:)

BetongÅsna
22 Aug 2004, 01:45
probably not. he works hard on them...and yes, there are problems with some of them. but thats why we agree to the beta agreement, RIGHT!

when its ready, its ready. think of it like a good pasta sauce, you cant rush the flavor so you can hurry up and eat. you have to just let it all run its course and in due time, it will be perfect as it can be.

Now if only everyone thought like that, the world would be a better place.

xOGCxmoses
23 Aug 2004, 03:44
Now if only everyone thought like that, the world would be a better place.

thanks ;)

XxDangerxX
23 Aug 2004, 12:16
I can guarantee that we will have fiddler editing prior to the 4.0 final.

BetongÅsna
23 Aug 2004, 23:33
I can guarantee that we will have fiddler editing prior to the 4.0 final.
How ?

XxDangerxX
24 Aug 2004, 09:01
Well, you see, the 4.0 final will have few to no bugs in it. You couldn't really expect me to believe that the first update that has that fiddler editing, which will be THE biggest feature addition yet, will have 0 bugs in it. DeadCode won't want to risk that, so he will release a pre 4.0 version. It'll be a "late" 3 (e.g. 3.90.27.6), that's for sure, but it definately won't be the 4.

I hope that answers your, rather short, question.

Run
24 Aug 2004, 09:20
I don't think you're in a position to guarantee anything, and neither are the rest of us.

BetongÅsna
24 Aug 2004, 23:35
I don't think you're in a position to guarantee anything, and neither are the rest of us.Quite right. I wish people would stop acting like they work for Team17.

XxDangerxX
25 Aug 2004, 04:48
I'm not acting like a Team17 employee. I'm just putting in my two cents. Is that a crime? If so, then let me be watched! I say that in confidence because it's not a crime AND I have seen other users putting in theirs with out being watched.
Also, Seeing we're his personal ßeta testers, we would be the people to find bugs in the fiddler editing. THINK ABOUT IT! There will be a pre 4.0 fiddler editor. All signs point to it! It's just plain logical!

SeCuRi[T]
25 Aug 2004, 04:54
You should say it's your 2 cents at the bottom of the message then ;)

Akdor 1154
25 Aug 2004, 08:51
I'd have to agreed with Zeke on this one, he's not trying to act as T17 Staff or anything, he's just using plain old logic.

::ANTI-SPAMINESS EDIT::

On the offchance that DC actually still visits this thread, how about adding layer support to the new map format? Nothing too fancy, just like in W1 and W:U, how we could have three backgrounds?
Also, how about setting the game to check for a music directory in %wormdir%\DATA\Streams before checking the CD?

- Jarrad

Squirminator2k
25 Aug 2004, 13:17
Your two cents would be an opinion. The way it was phrased suggests you are basing it on fact which, surprise surprise, you aren't. First we had people making stupid suggestions, and now we have arrogant persons acting like they know everything about everything. Oh, the many levels of stupidity one will find on the Internet...

Plutonic
25 Aug 2004, 17:48
cant say I read it as everyone else seems to.. if someone comes out with a logical statment then how is that being arogant?
It makes perfect sence that fiddler-like options will go in before the final patch because, as said, otherwise it would be full of bugs.
We know who is and isn't working directly for T17, and alot of those who aren't still talk to him on MSN or on other forums. Maybe he does know things others dont. Maybe he doesnt. At the end of the day to jump down his throught because he makes a loosely mentioned exageration is a little harsh. It's hardly 'stupidity' just an obversation that probably alot of people would make.

BetongÅsna
26 Aug 2004, 00:37
cant say I read it as everyone else seems to.. if someone comes out with a logical statment then how is that being arogant?
It makes perfect sence that fiddler-like options will go in before the final patch because, as said, otherwise it would be full of bugs.
We know who is and isn't working directly for T17, and alot of those who aren't still talk to him on MSN or on other forums. Maybe he does know things others dont. Maybe he doesnt. At the end of the day to jump down his throught because he makes a loosely mentioned exageration is a little harsh. It's hardly 'stupidity' just an obversation that probably alot of people would make.Sorry, I was just in a bad mood.
By the way Danger, you say it with confidence, not in confidence. You're not confiding in anyone.

LiquidRoPe
26 Aug 2004, 01:50
is it posable you could make the game use bitmap sprites or gifs or jpegs so we can have custom sprites for worms and stuff to extend the game itself to a new level. Also can there be some sort of floatation device added and change game speed like fallrate doubles everythign doubles speed and maby even triples that would be awsome i got the idea looking at replays and thought it would be awsome. And maby the host can activate something that people can submit one of there themes to the host also a option a person could push like f for fast to make game go fast if there falling only the current player can activate. Also can it be made everyone has there turn at once for a true race?

XxDangerxX
26 Aug 2004, 07:56
At least I don't insult people. You've got more chance of being watched than me for that.
EDIT: Disregard. You've edited your insult out.
BTW, I've changed my av once again:confused::rolleyes: *sigh*

Squirminator2k
26 Aug 2004, 17:52
is it posable you could make the game use bitmap sprites or gifs or jpegs so we can have custom sprites for worms and stuff to extend the game itself to a new level.
Unlikely. This wouldn't work for online games because of the amount of data you'd need to send. In addition, it's pointless and unnecessary. If you're that bothered about it, hunt down a copy of the Sprite Editor that Fudgeboy (I think it was Fudgeboy) made.

Also can there be some sort of floatation device added and change game speed like fallrate doubles everythign doubles speed and maby even triples that would be awsome i got the idea looking at replays and thought it would be awsome.
A Floatation device is an interesting idea, but I honestly don't think it can be pulled off in a Worms game at all. Also your "Fallrate" option actually existed in early versions of Worms - different landscapes had different Gravity settings. It'd be nice to see these slightly differing gravity settings return to the game again, actually.

And maby the host can activate something that people can submit one of there themes to the host also a option a person could push like f for fast to make game go fast if there falling only the current player can activate.
I get the Scheme thing. Seems a bit redundant really, as you can simply email a scheme to someone - would eb more useful in Worms3D, really. As for the F-Fast thing, why?

Also can it be made everyone has there turn at once for a true race?
You mean real-time play. Team17 have said that they're not planning to create a real-time Worms game. In addition your sugegstion that it should be used for racing further concretes the fact that you don't play Worms, rather you use it to play one of the many crappy Rope games out there. Tsh.

LiquidRoPe
26 Aug 2004, 20:52
like a raft like a secret weapon that has a ore or somethin to propel you threw the water.

AndrewTaylor
26 Aug 2004, 21:27
I'd like to see a floating crate, or mine. You could pick it up with a sheep or a ninja-rope (unless it was a mine), and maybe even nudge it about with explosions (unless it was a crate).

How cool would that be?

Wouldn't affect the game a lot, though, I suppose.

Glenn
27 Aug 2004, 01:16
Well, if you lost your turn, you could fall onto a floating crate and it would save you (but you'd have to be traveling at a very steep angle to stay put). Floating mines though, I don't see how that would work, since you'd have to be over the water in the first place to activate them.

AndrewTaylor
27 Aug 2004, 02:04
You could skim someone into them with the bat if you wanted to be a showoff, or blast them into someone with a skimmed bazooka. That would be fun, and I can forsee a couple of potential mission applications, but I agree they'd be a lot of coding for relatively little added game.

Sn!perWorm
27 Aug 2004, 13:02
Also can it be made everyone has there turn at once for a true race?
Worms is a turn-based game,not real-time game.
----------------------------------------------------------END--------------------------------------------------------------------
Floating mines and crates...riiiiiiiight...Why not?This would be especially good for missions as AT said,but it would be hard to program...

Don't you all think that in WN one thing is needed-a counter which would show how many players are in the server and how many are allowed.This is quite annoying if you enter the server,you see that you're 7th player in it...for half of second,because after that half of second you see"the host has removed you from the game".Am I right?

Reaperz
27 Aug 2004, 22:59
all think that in WN one thing is needed-a counter which would show how many players are in the server and how many are allowed.This is quite annoying if you enter the server,you see that you're 7th player in it...for half of second,because after that half of second you see"the host has removed you from the game".Am I right?
I agree totally - the samething happens on other online games and is realy annoying.

BetongÅsna
28 Aug 2004, 00:30
I agree totally - the samething happens on other online games and is realy annoying.
There's a few bugs in WN that could do with ironing out. Can't be bothered to go listing them now, though.

KciN
30 Aug 2004, 00:55
Two Changes I believe that should be implimented in the next patch;

1.) Expanding on other's ideas; Auto Away - I believe after one full turn of inactivity (including typing AND countdown clock end of one turn (possible two turns) the autotimer goes on untill Worms notices activity, thus deactivating it.

2.) Timed Mines - Be able to change the amount of time a mine has until explosion. There will be a delay after dropping so if you decide to have an instant mine, you can drop it in front of you, and walk away and next turn, if someone comes next to the mine, instant explosion.. Also 1,2, and 3 second mines.

possible small change:
Teleport: Depends on the power, but 1 Star = Short Tele Distance, 2star = farther etc

Give me your input, Im sure deadcode would love to hear more input!

XxDangerxX
30 Aug 2004, 05:24
Hey that's great! I'd like to have that myself.

I got one of my own:

User\Menuloop folder. The game starts and it looks in the directory and sees all the wave files that could be played. It then shows a list of all the filenames (with or without the .wav, but preferably without) and lets you pick one.

Also, I've thought it through and decided that it would be good to have custom colours by Shift-Clicking. At the very least, he could program it to just change the RGB colours accordingly. You could enter the RGB colour manually. I wouldn't even care if we didn't have a paint/psp style colour picker window.

Besides, have you noticed that the six colours that we currently have are exceptionally luminant? What makes the red look like pink and the purple look like a different pink and the blue look like a violet? It's not the normal 120 luminance. Luminance has been boosted to 180. (MS-Paint terms. Psp would be 128 boosted to 192) Does anyone here want to have the proper "Darkened" colours? Raise your hand...

__ _ _ -_
|-||-||-||-|
|--- - - - -|_
|- - - - - -/- /
| - - - - - - /
\- - -____/
| - - |
| - - |
| - - |
| - - |
| - - |

Please forgive my poor excuse for a hand lol!
Also notice I've finally found something to reflect my username
ANIMAL CRUELTY!! :D :D ;)

Run
30 Aug 2004, 10:34
Two Changes I believe that should be implimented in the next patch;

The first one goes without saying, but i'm not so sure about the second one. Planting a mine has three possible uses really: straight in someone's face, do the damage straight away; next to a thin peice of land so that you get through on the next turn without leaving a gap for your enemy to invade; and planting randomly around the landscape just hoping someone will land on it.
To be honest, that third option rarely ever happens: it's just not worth a turn. Unless it's put at a tunnel to block someone down it, the chances of a player planting a mine that has no immediate damaging effect on the enemy, and possibly being later used by the enemy against you, are practically none-existant, at least in my experience. More often than not, there's always Something Better To Do in a turn.
An end-of-the-tunnel mine is pretty much useless as a 3-second mine - it gives plenty of time for the victim-to-be to walk away before it goes off, freeing the tunnel once more. But giving the enemy outside the ability to change the fuse of the mine has an obvious consequence - they'll just set it to Instant. In fact, i can't think of many situations where an Instant mine would be of any disadvantage to the player who sets it down.

It's a bit sad, though, that in Worms the mine is best used as a lesser-dynamite. It's not very "realistic" (i use that term carefully...) but there's not much that could be done about it. You'd expect the best use of a mine to be placing it in the predicted path of the enemy, and you'd expect it to be invisible to them - but nothing's really invisible in Worms. It's always easy to work out where something is.
I think the mine is best left alone.

possible small change:
Teleport: Depends on the power, but 1 Star = Short Tele Distance, 2star = farther etc

Now this is an idea I can buy - i've thought it up myself before. Afterall, the teleport doesn't have a power-setting at the moment and it wouldn't make sense to not add one - but it's probably best left out until the Scheme Comparator is implemented, so people online don't get caught out by a bogus scheme they weren't expecting. One slight adjustment that would have to be made to your idea though - Power 5 would have to allow the teleport infinite range, unlike the girder which is restricted to about half a map's length on Power 5.

evan18h
3 Sep 2004, 05:48
Worms is a turn-based game,not real-time game.

I was just thinking about how cool a non-turn based mode would be in WA, then I
saw this thread. Why wouldn't you want a non-turn based mode?

Some problems I can see with this is that all your worms except the current player
will be inactive.

Run
3 Sep 2004, 11:51
I was just thinking about how cool a non-turn based mode would be in WA, then I
saw this thread. Why wouldn't you want a non-turn based mode?

Some problems I can see with this is that all your worms except the current player
will be inactive.

This is not the thread for a debate about real time worms, but let's make this clear: if it happens, it won't be in a patch for WA. Meanwhile, http://www.wormiverse.com/wormtech/realtime.php might be of interest to you.

wccSplintr
3 Sep 2004, 17:39
This is not the thread for a debate about real time worms, but let's make this clear: if it happens, it won't be in a patch for WA. Meanwhile, http://www.wormiverse.com/wormtech/realtime.php might be of interest to you.

I agree it won't be a W:A upgrade, but if team 17 is listening, I think a real time worms would be FAR better than another 3d game (they just don't work :( :( )

BetongÅsna
3 Sep 2004, 21:33
I agree it won't be a W:A upgrade, but if team 17 is listening, I think a real time worms would be FAR better than another 3d game (they just don't work :( :( )
If there is a real-time game, you can be rest assured that it will be 3D.

wccSplintr
3 Sep 2004, 21:49
If there is a real-time game, you can be rest assured that it will be 3D.

Why? Please say you are joking, noooooooooooooooo :( :mad: :(

BetongÅsna
3 Sep 2004, 22:24
Why? Please say you are joking, noooooooooooooooo :( :mad: :(
Team17 have already said that the development of further 2D Worms titles is damn near impossible. They just don't sell on today's market.

wccSplintr
5 Sep 2004, 19:50
Team17 have already said that the development of further 2D Worms titles is damn near impossible. They just don't sell on today's market.
Oh, I hadn't heard that :( But 3d isn't as good :( Is it possible for an option, add-on or extra mod with real-time, ever?

BetongÅsna
5 Sep 2004, 21:13
Oh, I hadn't heard that :( But 3d isn't as good :( Is it possible for an option, add-on or extra mod with real-time, ever?
You are wise in the ways of knowing which games are better, but it ain't going to happen. Not unless an external source really has a go at the game.

Sn!perWorm
6 Sep 2004, 07:26
I will repeat this sentence who-knows-which-time-but-probably-about-100th:W3D is first 3D game,and next probably(Team17 games usually[if not always] upgrade[not downgrade as from some other makers...]) be a lot better,funnier etc.I also dislike some(NOT a few,some) things in W3D(no longbow,no darksiding tools[though I know reason why they're out],really weak flames,FAR too small maps,no crosshair in blimp and TPP mode etc. etc...),but I wait for next...They've made one 3D game,and half of forum is talking "3D games are less funnier!We want more 2D!!!" and everyone replies the same way...

Anyway,this is thread about Beta Updates,isn't it?

I've got a few minor ideas:

Possiblility to send private messages to few people at once,just by pressing multiple F keys(now pressing other F key when PM-ing to other person causes changing person to which you want to PM).Also,look idea 2.
A key which would IMMEDIATELY clear everything which you have written in the writing box(not the "chatting history",but the writing box).However,it would have to be far from alphanumeric keys because accidental pressing would cause much problem...
Possibility to move the "chat history" up and down to see older things.
In that small map preview over scheme options,may indestructible border or the roof be shown?
That camera lock for which I crave for months...:p
And how to resolve the problem with AI and manual placing!Just,in the start of the game all AI Worms would be placed randomly,and the all human players would just manually place theirs and it would be fair for both.

Also,is it just me,or water is far higher in reality(if it's set higher than to the waterdrop level) than in the map preview?

Chip
6 Sep 2004, 22:12
I've sat here and banged my head on the table in bordem - How much long is this patch going to take, has it been cancled or if its still on what has been added to it since the starting post, the main reason I want it is beacuse I miss the weapons I made with the fiddler and this is aspose to support fiddler schemes, before any one says anything about how to get the fiddler to work - I dont want to know.
Now can someone tell me whats going on with this patch, please!!!!!!!!

Glenn
6 Sep 2004, 22:32
It's not one patch. It's going to be several (hundred maybe :p) patches that are going to progressively build on one another until it finally reaches magic number 4.0.

BetongÅsna
6 Sep 2004, 23:04
Also,is it just me,or water is far higher in reality(if it's set higher than to the waterdrop level) than in the map preview?
You have to click the Draw Map button to see the true level. The one on the editor is not the level that the wwater will actually reach.

Sn!perWorm
7 Sep 2004, 06:16
Exactly,on the preview it shows it quite too low...I'll try to make two screenshots to make an explaination.

Chip
7 Sep 2004, 12:01
It's not one patch. It's going to be several (hundred maybe :p) patches that are going to progressively build on one another until it finally reaches magic number 4.0.

AAAAAArrrrrrrrr.............That explaines alot now, I'm not so depressed now.

Dando
8 Sep 2004, 18:40
Not sure if this is documented but I am running WinXP pro woth service pack 1a. I have a nvvidea gerforce2 graphics card and athlonxp 1800+ processor.

The problems that are there even with the XP patch and update for worms armageddon are:

1. 50% of the time (and other times 100%) when I right click to open up the map editor, the game minimizes and no longer responds. only restarting WA lets me play it again and the issue stays regardless.

2. So far when entering the training courses it takes an unusual amount of time before the loading screen appears.

3. The colour problem is I am happy to say fixed, the screen however annoyingly minimizes and reopens to solve the problem

4. Screen scrolling whilst playing the game cannot be caled "smooth" I believe this however is not a bug, rather shoddy game design.

wccSplintr
8 Sep 2004, 21:03
I just thought of a great idea that noone has thought of yet! (possibly)
On or by the health bars, there could be a number saying how much health there atualy is, this would help show how close it is and if there is a tie, (which would affect all but last in shopper etc.)

Glenn
8 Sep 2004, 21:21
I just thought of a great idea that noone has thought of yet! (possibly)
On or by the health bars, there could be a number saying how much health there atualy is, this would help show how close it is and if there is a tie, (which would affect all but last in shopper etc.)
I can see how that would be useful (actually it's rather obvious), but I usually just add up all the team's health in my head when I want to see if there's a tie or not. BTW, brownie points to you for saying it was shopper and not shoppa.

SeCuRi[T]
9 Sep 2004, 03:54
1. 50% of the time (and other times 100%) when I right click to open up the map editor, the game minimizes and no longer responds. only restarting WA lets me play it again and the issue stays regardless.

That could be a program interfering with WA.

Winamp does, acrobat reader too, programs like AltDesk does it too.

Dando
9 Sep 2004, 04:02
securi[t] yeah u solved the issue with the minimizing game..it was winamp. any chance that this issue can be resolved in a bug fix?? just so i can listen to music whilst playing worms of course:)

SeCuRi[T]
9 Sep 2004, 04:11
Just minimize winamp before playing wa ;)

Sn!perWorm
9 Sep 2004, 06:36
(About Winamp-I must amke my MP3s again,something's wrong with them:p[they're legal,I've got also original CDs!])

Anyway,I would want one thing because this is really annoying and sometimes may lead you to injust calling you by others a cow.I mean,that the Worms damage isn't displayed immediately,only if he'll land or at the end of his turn.Please,make this work immediately,no matter what he does.Why?I'll tell you something(hapened Some Time Ago).

This was a shopper(is there someone who doesn't know the ABL rule?).OK.I was first and played against two others.Advantage between 2nd and 3rd wasn't big on the bars(BTW,Splintr,your feature would come in handy there) and I knocked 2nd's 200HP Worm into the water,but of course,this didn't work immediately.Then I was SURE that he's third(though bars didn't show that...they didn't change anyway) and attacked the (now) second guy with something powerful(I don't remember...cows probably).Of course,I was called a cow because I attacked the lasty player.So,do you agree with me?

And one question:how much colors PNG maps must have to work?

Vercetti
9 Sep 2004, 07:21
Whoever is last at the start of your turn is the only one you can't attack. Doesn't matter if you make someone else last during your turn, at least that's how most people play. There are a lot of unwritten rules though, so it's usually up to the host to decide.

ABL rule is flawed anyway, often players deliberately hurt themselves so they can be last. It would be good if deadcode added a win option based on frags or points and not just having the last surviving worm.

wccSplintr
9 Sep 2004, 17:08
BTW, brownie points to you for saying it was shopper and not shoppa.
I did type shoppa first, but I thought 'I've heard this moan before' so I changed it to shopper :p
Personally I think it really doesn't matter.

SeCuRi[T]
9 Sep 2004, 18:32
The bars will change only if you come off the rope or chute.

It's pretty annoying I admit. Knocking worms in the water, rope knocking them, blowing mines up doesn't change the bars.

Eddi
9 Sep 2004, 19:05
Hey. I have a pretty old version of W:A. I#d like to get an update, but my problem is i don't find any german update.
So could somebody tell me to get the latest update for the German W:A?

Dando
9 Sep 2004, 19:54
hwy some gimps stole my idea. They submitted a level and game I created where you are stood on dots and use the longbow. Anyone know how i can claim credit for my own creation lol I made it I want credit grrrrrr

Sn!perWorm
9 Sep 2004, 20:43
Hey. I have a pretty old version of W:A. I#d like to get an update, but my problem is i don't find any german update.
So could somebody tell me to get the latest update for the German W:A?
AFAIK,you can just get the normal one and in-game language won't change...but I'm not sure.

Vercetti,AFAIK,you can't attack last no matter when did he was last,only that he's last NOW does matter...:p

Eddi
9 Sep 2004, 20:47
AFAIK,you can just get the normal one and in-game language won't change...but I'm not sure.

Vercetti,AFAIK,you can't attack last no matter when did he was last,only that he's last NOW does matter...:p
I tried the noirmal update. and after i couldn't launch the game anymore and had to reinstall

Sn!perWorm
9 Sep 2004, 22:04
I dunno then. :confused:

RastaMahata
11 Sep 2004, 00:05
hwy some gimps stole my idea. They submitted a level and game I created where you are stood on dots and use the longbow. Anyone know how i can claim credit for my own creation lol I made it I want credit grrrrrr
I hope future custom maps have a way to pleace credits upon it, ala starcraft (I think you can tell who is the author of a map in starcraft, right?)

BetongÅsna
11 Sep 2004, 00:10
I tried the noirmal update. and after i couldn't launch the game anymore and had to reinstall
Have you tried the patch? If you have an early version, you might need it.

Akdor 1154
11 Sep 2004, 03:35
How about an idea originally from Servadac's page (http://biphome.spray.se/boggy_b/projects.html) -
Have the amount of worms visible in the health bars:

BetongÅsna
11 Sep 2004, 04:20
How about an idea originally from Servadac's page (http://biphome.spray.se/boggy_b/projects.html) -
Have the amount of worms visible in the health bars:
These health bar thingies are good ideas. Deadcode?

Squirminator2k
11 Sep 2004, 09:54
I hope future custom maps have a way to pleace credits upon it, ala starcraft (I think you can tell who is the author of a map in starcraft, right?)
Indeed you can. THat stuff is stored within the Map file itself and inputted via the Scheme Editor. A similiar thing could probably be sorted for the WA Map Editor.

Also, long time no see, Rasta!

Run
11 Sep 2004, 10:12

How would you know which worm is which, though? I can't see how that idea makes it easier for anyone, really.

Madmaxquinn
11 Sep 2004, 13:05
How would you know which worm is which, though? I can't see how that idea makes it easier for anyone, really.

A superscript 1, 2, 3, 4 ... next to each worm then one the health bar you'd only need the numbers not the full worm names.

W2eed
11 Sep 2004, 13:51
Has the patch been released? i own 56kpbs modem and i m not going to go through all the pages (about 30)
for patch? could you place the patch to first message? if it has been released...

SeCuRi[T]
11 Sep 2004, 15:47
A superscript 1, 2, 3, 4 ... next to each worm then one the health bar you'd only need the numbers not the full worm names.

Bad idea, i don't like when people can tell that worm 2 has just played and that worm 3 is next :(

Glenn
11 Sep 2004, 16:46
The smallest bar goes with the worm on that team with the least health :rolleyes: . In other words, I think the easiest way for that to work, is to order the smaller bars from least health to greatest (or greatest to least).

Run
11 Sep 2004, 21:16
The smallest bar goes with the worm on that team with the least health :rolleyes:

What, so you have to look at the worm anyway to see how much health he's got and then match it up?

Okay, new question: What's the point in the idea in the first place? I think i'm missing something here...

realfoe
11 Sep 2004, 22:18
how about this for an option when the super sheep is activated to fly power ups apear on the land for it, the more it collects the more damage the flying sheep does, so say it starts weak and ends up er a little strongerer .prob hard to do just dreaming really.

XxDangerxX
12 Sep 2004, 07:02
I agree! As much as I hate to say it, this is the first feasible idea we've had in a long time. Darn! And I liked my ideas too. *Kisses goodbye to custom colours*

Sn!perWorm
12 Sep 2004, 07:43
Well,good idea,but I really can't see much use...It's not such hard to spot all Worms on the map.:p

XxDangerxX
12 Sep 2004, 08:00
Oh, I dunno...

It would be in some circumstances.
Such as: If you worm is in a spot where you need to have all of the information including name, health, and team name (which is usually off anyway) above your worm, you can see fairly well what it is down the bottom with the health bars.

But I have one request to extend that idea. If we would happen to have divided health bars for each worm, then when it's your turn, could the worm and ONLY the worm that's having his turn have the flash like so:

realfoe
12 Sep 2004, 14:35
a little screen in the corner to see where your shot went as your walking away or roping away would be handy, its hard to get better at making shots if you don't know where the shot went,alternatively replays after your turn would help.

Squirminator2k
12 Sep 2004, 15:13
a little screen in the corner to see where your shot went as your walking away or roping away would be handy, its hard to get better at making shots if you don't know where the shot went,alternatively replays after your turn would help.
Press R after your turn. For great justice.

Sn!perWorm
12 Sep 2004, 16:47
Hm,I see now a big favor for enemy with this feature-if difference in health is big between your Worms and bars are set in the order of Worms in team,he can judge their membership position by their health.

BetongÅsna
12 Sep 2004, 17:39
Hm,I see now a big favor for enemy with this feature-if difference in health is big between your Worms and bars are set in the order of Worms in team,he can judge their membership position by their health.
That's true. I was referring more to the total team points being displayed, to be honest.

XxDangerxX
15 Sep 2004, 06:50
More requests:

[FEATURE] : I know it's a big far off, but is it possible that when we have fully customisable hosting, could there be an error/crash detector in the weapons edit screen?

[BUGFIX] : When you fire an arrow, and you're really close to your target, you get hurt too. One example is there was an enemy worm and I wanted to shoot him to a nearby oil drum and shoot the oil drum for the second shot. I had to get close to the worm to be able to throw him high enough to clear the hump. It would've been easy except that I got hit by the "magical direction reversing arrow" and lost the second half of my turn. Could we have that fixed ASAP, please?

P.S. Notice my new av...

Deadcode
15 Sep 2004, 09:42
[FEATURE] : I know it's a big far off, but is it possible that when we have fully customisable hosting, could there be an error/crash detector in the weapons edit screen?What do crashes have to do with weapons editing?
[BUGFIX] : When you fire an arrow, and you're really close to your target, you get hurt too. One example is there was an enemy worm and I wanted to shoot him to a nearby oil drum and shoot the oil drum for the second shot. I had to get close to the worm to be able to throw him high enough to clear the hump. It would've been easy except that I got hit by the "magical direction reversing arrow" and lost the second half of my turn. Could we have that fixed ASAP, please?This only happens when the enemy being shot is standing flush against a wall, and you are standing flush against the enemy. Therefore it can be predicted and avoided, an element of skill. But, if you disagree, by all means show me the replay. :)

Akdor 1154
15 Sep 2004, 09:53
Sorry, I actually don't blame you for not posting in this thread, but hey!
Yes I did know you were in the other bug report forums.
Meh.

Anyways, how about a thread in the announcment forum, for just a progress report on the patch, like what's actually in the patch, what you're working on, what you're considering, etc.

Thanks,
-Jarrad

Chip
15 Sep 2004, 15:37
I've been over to Enlight forums about WBC3 and most of us said that it would be nice from time to time to hear from the moderators and about whats going on, in this case - Deadcode - Whats up mate, hows that update coming along, :)

wccSplintr
15 Sep 2004, 22:02
BTW,also about the editor-sometimes when I change Worms' names and completely clear one of them,that red square appears(meaning I cannot have this name),but if I'll write something,it remains!I dunno why,it always disappeared...
That was said in another discussion but a neccassary bugfix nonetheless...

XxDangerxX
16 Sep 2004, 00:14
Here you go.

I wanted to get the worm next to the drum so that I could blow it up for my second shot.

And about the crashing comment. When I use the fiddler, I make a weapon and every time I use that weapon, the gamne quits. And it's not even made with ridiculously large values. Maybe for anyone who has The Fiddler and hasn't installed a patch yet, (unlikely) I'll send you my fiddle.

Also, when you're on the retreat time and you've squirmed to where you want to retret to, and it's a long retret time and you don't want to wait all that tie until your turn is over, could it be made so that you press ` to end your retret much like the CPU teams do? It would also be even better if that were applied to the shotgun and longbow if you don't want to take that second shot, which is also much like the CPU. How come the CPU has more abilities than user teams?

sergelac
16 Sep 2004, 15:12
why the CPU is so boring ?
he always use bazooka, grenade, shotgun and dynamite.
he never use rope, jetpack, sheeps, ...

realfoe
16 Sep 2004, 16:47
Press R after your turn. For great justice.

sorry i meant to say just after the shot online pressing r only work in ofline games

edit: i agree playing the cpu in games are very booring, i just managed to finish wa single games before falling to sleep
you cant beat playing normal people ...well i cant anyway.

Glenn
16 Sep 2004, 23:16
Short answer: The old axiom still stands: crap in, crap out.
Longer answer: The logic for using other items was never implemented, because it was thought that it wouldn't be possible for the computer to control it. This has of course been proven wrong with W3D, where they do use some of these other weapons.

RastaMahata
17 Sep 2004, 18:05
will we be able to change the water color in 4.0? :P

realfoe
17 Sep 2004, 18:13
an option where if the worm fell into water the worm got teleported to the start position instead of drowning would be most helpful in a rope race , then you would only need 1 worm each and not have to restart if all worms died.

edit: missed the h in where oops

Squirminator2k
17 Sep 2004, 21:03
Anything that helps in a Roper of any kind is not a useful feature.

Run
17 Sep 2004, 21:25
an option where if the worm fell into water the worm got teleported to the start position instead of drowning would be most helpful in a rope race , then you would only need 1 worm each and not have to restart if all worms died.

Why not just have a map with a floor... and if you fall and land on it, teleport back to the start yourself?

Lazy bugger.

Sn!perWorm
18 Sep 2004, 07:29
Ropers have Holy Rules and breaking them is very bad.:p(I know from my own Shopper experiences.)I agree,that can be done,but no-one who plays roping games does that and if you'll do that you'll be called a noob by Great Advanced Players.Sorry for those lots of sarcasm,but this really annoys me...

Anyway.
will we be able to change the water color in 4.0? :P
I've heard it's possible NOW if you have Worms 2...

Well,it uses more weapons,but rarely,I'll list them:
Bazooka
Grenade
Cluster Bomb
Air Strike
Napalm Strike
Mine
Dynamite
Concrete Donkey(!!!)
Banana Bomb
Teleport
Shotgun
Uzi
Handgun
Minigun
Fire Punch
Skip Go;)

I think it's all.
[FEATURE] : I know it's a big far off, but is it possible that when we have fully customisable hosting, could there be an error/crash detector in the weapons edit screen?
Yep,if some weapons have too big power set,game can crash...

[BUGFIX] : When you fire an arrow, and you're really close to your target, you get hurt too. One example is there was an enemy worm and I wanted to shoot him to a nearby oil drum and shoot the oil drum for the second shot. I had to get close to the worm to be able to throw him high enough to clear the hump. It would've been easy except that I got hit by the "magical direction reversing arrow" and lost the second half of my turn. Could we have that fixed ASAP, please?
Yep,that annoys me too.Nothing weird in the case of shotgun,because it's explosive,but longbow isn't.

realfoe
18 Sep 2004, 12:53
Why not just have a map with a floor... and if you fall and land on it, teleport back to the start yourself?

Lazy bugger.

this is true but if you put it as a rule that if you fell into a certain gap the person had to go back to the start he would prob break the rule.

i dont play many rr because i suxs at roping and fall into water alot and that gets me out of the game, if it had this feature i would probly get better at roping.

double post edit:

this is true but if you put it as a rule that if you fell into a certain gap the person had to go back to the start he would prob break the rule.

i dont play many rr because i suxs at roping and fall into water alot and that gets me out of the game, if it had this feature i would probly get better at roping.

edit :i know i could practice roping by myself but playing any type of game by myself i find is very dull.

Run
18 Sep 2004, 14:04

And what's to stop him breaking the rule in the first place by teleporting his worm straight to the finish? If the person "would probably break the rule" then you shouldn't be playing a rule-bound game with him.

Sn!perWorm
18 Sep 2004, 18:05
Exactly.But then there would be a lot more flaming in WN...:p

Glenn
19 Sep 2004, 03:51
Bazooka
Grenade
Cluster Bomb
Air Strike
Napalm Strike
Mine
Dynamite
Concrete Donkey(!!!)
Banana Bomb
Teleport
Shotgun
Uzi
Handgun
Minigun
Fire Punch
Skip Go;)

I think it's all.

According to the WWP Mission Editor, the CPU can also use MB Bombs and Petrol Bombs.

wccSplintr
19 Sep 2004, 17:02
edit :i know i could practice roping by myself but playing any type of game by myself i find is very dull.
You can play with me, I'm terrible too :p

realfoe
19 Sep 2004, 17:52
And what's to stop him breaking the rule in the first place by teleporting his worm straight to the finish? If the person "would probably break the rule" then you shouldn't be playing a rule-bound game with him.
dont always know what a person is like untill you play them.
my mind reading skills arnt what they were but i can still make money vanish.

sergelac
20 Sep 2004, 03:50
Bazooka
Grenade
Cluster Bomb
Air Strike
Napalm Strike
Mine
Dynamite
Concrete Donkey(!!!)
Banana Bomb
Teleport
Shotgun
Uzi
Handgun
Minigun
Fire Punch
Skip Go;)

the only time the cpu use all these weapons is when i disable or limit the number of : Bazooka, Grenade, Air Strike, Dynamite, Shotgun.

if i set Bazooka, Grenade and Dynamite to infinite, he will never use Banana.

when i was able to use fiddler (before XP) i could replace these basic weapons by custom weapons (Sheep Armageddon, Mini Banana Strike, Chemical Spray Gun, Homing Cluster, ...)

XxDangerxX
20 Sep 2004, 05:23
Bazooka
Grenade
Cluster Bomb
Air Strike
Napalm Strike
Mine
Dynamite
Concrete Donkey(!!!)
Banana Bomb
Teleport
Shotgun
Uzi
Handgun
Minigun
Fire Punch
Skip Go
I think it's all.
Actually, I believe the CPU uses the airstrike whenever it can. I've played lots and lots of quick games, and the moment it becomes available, they use it. It's the same on the demo too.
my mind reading skills arnt what they were but i can still make money vanish.lol n1!

Run
20 Sep 2004, 10:56
dont always know what a person is like untill you play them.

That statement immediately contradicts what you said earlier: "The person would probably break the rule"

*wins*

realfoe
20 Sep 2004, 13:07
let me read it all back and then get back to you..

edit :
ahh i dunno maybe it does maybe it dosnt .
anyway just make that water teliport worms back to the start and it will all be ok, but dont put a teliport in the scheme as this is only asking for trouble.

foe reseves the right to contradict at any time and at any giving moment
these text is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific commercial, financial, investment, accounting, tax, or legal advice. It is provided to you solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for purposes of resale, distribution, public display or performance, or any other uses by you in any form or manner whatsoever.

foe reserves the right, at his sole discretion, to modify, disable access to or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part or all of this text or any information contained thereon without liability or notice to you.

wccSplintr
20 Sep 2004, 20:47
1: Get rid of, or shorten length of, the 'waiting for players sign' at end of game or when you quit.
2: When it is not your turn online, allow right-click to work so that you can see your weapons. In hard w2ws I have to randomly stab F-keys at the end of my go to try and attack.

Also: Does deadcode still read any of this? Some feedback as to wether our ideas stand a chance would be nice, but just knowing he still reads this would be enough.
That is all. :)

Oo, and almost forgot: BIG thx to deadcode for making these tweaks, making W:A perfect! :D

Run
20 Sep 2004, 21:09
1: Get rid of, or shorten length of, the 'waiting for players sign' at end of game or when you quit.
2: When it is not your turn online, allow right-click to work so that you can see your weapons. In hard w2ws I have to randomly stab F-keys at the end of my go to try and attack.

To expand on the second one, it would also be nice to be able to open weapon panels in replays, to see what the player had at the time.

wccSplintr
20 Sep 2004, 22:14
No, not see there weapons that would be cheating! :D

Glenn
20 Sep 2004, 22:37
No, not see there weapons that would be cheating! :D
How exactly do you call it cheating when you wouldn't even be able to see the weapons until AFTER the game had been played?

realfoe
20 Sep 2004, 23:44
it would make it more intresting to watch the replays if you could see the weapons they had nice idea.

Sn!perWorm
21 Sep 2004, 06:24
the only time the cpu use all these weapons is when i disable or limit the number of : Bazooka, Grenade, Air Strike, Dynamite, Shotgun.

if i set Bazooka, Grenade and Dynamite to infinite, he will never use Banana.

when i was able to use fiddler (before XP) i could replace these basic weapons by custom weapons (Sheep Armageddon, Mini Banana Strike, Chemical Spray Gun, Homing Cluster, ...)
Sometimes he uses some different even if zook and nade are enabled-but very,very rarely.
According to the WWP Mission Editor, the CPU can also use MB Bombs and Petrol Bombs.
Oh,MB Bomb yes,but I personally haven't seen it to use Petrol Bomb... :-/
my mind reading skills arnt what they were but i can still make money vanish.
LOL!!!

And possibility to see players' weapons in replay sounds interesting...The one to see your own in WN too.In Team17s it can be very useful if you have to go through half of the map using parachutes,bungees and very weird jumps and you reach the enemy with 3 seconds left...

BTW,I've got an idea-OPTION in the menu to display a line of weapons which are assigned under F which you're pressing(maybe this can be hard to understand,then I'll explain-if you'll press e.g. F2,you'll see a line of weapons assigned under F2 in the corner,so you can quickly see which weapons are next,and mainly-how much of those weapons you've got),which let you see weapons' order and amount of ammo(it would be shown).I say an option because people would say it's annoying.:p

XxDangerxX
21 Sep 2004, 07:09
Good idea, SnW!

wccSplintr
21 Sep 2004, 15:01
How exactly do you call it cheating when you wouldn't even be able to see the weapons until AFTER the game had been played?
Oh I thought you meant replays during the game. Yes I guess that would be a good idea.

Sn!perWorm
22 Sep 2004, 06:01
Good idea, SnW!
I think it would be useful.:)And BTW,when you were talking about custom colors I thought that you meant to switch colors for teams even if you aren't a host...:p(but this would be seen only by you)

XxDangerxX
22 Sep 2004, 12:54
No, I meant things like this:

Sn!perWorm
26 Sep 2004, 19:11
Hmm...dunno...I thought it's the way I said and that's why I said it would be very useful.:p

Squirminator2k
26 Sep 2004, 22:46
No, I meant things like this:
That looks absolutely vile.

You should consider y'self lucky. When I were a lad, Worms on the Amiga only had one font colour - WHITE - and it were enough for us, I can tell you that for nowt.

We only need 6 colours, so let's stick with 'em, eh?

bloopy
27 Sep 2004, 03:16
We only need 6 colours, so let's stick with 'em, eh? Funny you should say that because Deadcode already added the ability to put his favourite shade of green. Although you can kinda still only have 6 colours in the game at one time :D

In regedit go to \WormsArmageddon\Options\ and put a new dword called ColourDeficiency and give it a value of 1. It turns the lime to green and the magenta to purple, but doesn't affect text such as team names.

Sn!perWorm
27 Sep 2004, 06:55
Woot!And is it possible to make normal blue?:)

XxDangerxX
27 Sep 2004, 08:36
Funny you should say that.
Say which? There were a lot of things said regarding.
It turns the lime to green and the magenta to purple, but doesn't affect text such as team names.
I guess I'll have to edit the sprite directory then, ay? Any advice that someone wants to give me before I attempt such a feat?

NOTE: I DO have Fudge Boy's sprite editor, so don't anyone advise me to download it.

Madmaxquinn
27 Sep 2004, 08:42
In regedit go to \WormsArmageddon\Options\ and put a new dword called ColourDeficiency and give it a value of 1. It turns the lime to green and the magenta to purple, but doesn't affect text such as team names.

Backup your registry before attempting such changes, people. Best be safe.

bloopy
27 Sep 2004, 10:32
It's perfectly safe if you ask me, simply adding a data value to WA reg options... if you spell it wrong it's not gonna do anything.

Say which? There were a lot of things said regarding. But there was only one sentence that I quoted, eyes open people! :D

wccSplintr
27 Sep 2004, 21:37
I dont have a /wormsarmageddon/options I have DATA, DX layouts, MapedMisc and User

SargeMcCluck
27 Sep 2004, 21:42
Funny you should say that because Deadcode already added the ability to put his favourite shade of green. Although you can kinda still only have 6 colours in the game at one time :D

Deadcode did it for colour blind people didn't he? At least, I remember when I first noticed the option in the options menu (The ones that have now been removed AFAIK... this was nearly 2 years ago, way before the Beta 3 patches were public), he told me it was related to being colourblind.

double post edit:

I dont have a /wormsarmageddon/options I have DATA, DX layouts, MapedMisc and User

He said regedit, not browsing in explorer. I'm not gonna tell you how because if you don't know what regedit is, you shouldn't be using it :)

XxDangerxX
28 Sep 2004, 00:43
People, I wasn't talking about the regedit alteration. As far as I'm concerned, that's useless, and looks the same as when you select colours in Worms World Party. I was talking about advice for editing the SPRITE DIRECTORY!!!

Deadcode
28 Sep 2004, 03:09
People, I wasn't talking about the regedit alteration. As far as I'm concerned, that's useless, and looks the same as when you select colours in Worms World Party. I was talking about advice for editing the SPRITE DIRECTORY!!!If it were as easy as that, the ColorDeficiency=1 option would already be doing it. The problem is that the colors aren't available in the palette to change the fonts. To change those colors, I'd have to requantize the entire set of sprites, and I don't have the original tool that does that. I'll have to recreate it.

XxDangerxX
28 Sep 2004, 04:12
How long does that take do you reckon?

Akdor 1154
1 Oct 2004, 04:20
How 'bout just making an 8bf export plugin for ImageReady (or whatever) - and of course, we'd need to... ah... test it...

CaptainLOL
1 Oct 2004, 13:33
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the US version (that's what I supose since Team17 warnes you that if you patch the US version you get no CD errors). If I patch using the V3.00 patch the game exits showing a error "code here" memory could not be read or something. If I patch using the beta 2 v3.50 patch the game starts to load and then closes itself.

I think worms armageddon is not compatible with windows 2003.... :( :( :( but WWP runs fine...

Squirminator2k
1 Oct 2004, 13:52
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the US version (that's what I supose since Team17 warnes you that if you patch the US version you get no CD errors). If I patch using the V3.00 patch the game exits showing a error "code here" memory could not be read or something. If I patch using the beta 2 v3.50 patch the game starts to load and then closes itself.

I think worms armageddon is not compatible with windows 2003.... :( :( :( but WWP runs fine...
The US version doesn't need the patch. It needs the BETA Update which you can get [here (http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda)].

Sn!perWorm
1 Oct 2004, 16:21
The 3.6.21.3 update,not the Beta 2...(to avoid next questions:p)

Deadcode
1 Oct 2004, 18:20
How long does that take do you reckon?Volcane at Team17 found the quantizer utility for me :D So now I've built a working Gfx.dir with the alternate team colors. The next step is to figure out the best way to distribute it, which shouldn't take long at all.

Sn!perWorm
1 Oct 2004, 18:24
Cool.:DWill there be a NORMAL blue?:)

Deadcode
1 Oct 2004, 19:34
If I make the blue any more saturated, it gets rather dark. I made the purple dark so that it looks very different from the blue.

How's this?

PsyDome
1 Oct 2004, 19:45
If I make the blue any more saturated, it gets rather dark. I made the purple dark so that it looks very different from the blue.

How's this?
oh god no... the green is just awful :) and magenta has to be magenta, else it's not worms...

if you're gonna change anything, it's the darkpink...

Deadcode
1 Oct 2004, 20:38
oh god no... the green is just awful :) and magenta has to be magenta, else it's not worms...

if you're gonna change anything, it's the darkpink...FYI, these are colors for colorblind people like me and are enabled by a registry option. If you don't use the registry option, the colors will be the same as they always were.

wccSplintr
1 Oct 2004, 21:18
What does FYI mean?

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured it out, (For Your Information)

LizardZen
1 Oct 2004, 21:36

How's this?

Those colours make me wish I was colour blind

XxDangerxX
2 Oct 2004, 05:24
Now that Team17 found that file or program or whatever, does that mean we can have custom colours like orange, white and periwinkle?

Deadcode
2 Oct 2004, 06:22
Now that Team17 found that file or program or whatever, does that mean we can have custom colours like orange, white and periwinkle?No, or at least not until I adapt W:A to work in a nonpalettized mode (16-32 bit color). Having extra colors would hit the palette too hard, compromising the image quality of the game sprites.

Madmaxquinn
2 Oct 2004, 11:31
I think those colours look fine.

CaptainLOL
2 Oct 2004, 14:09
After 10 hours of reinstalls and uninstalls I've found a way to make WA run under Windows 2003:

1 - Uninstall and restart windows
2 - Install and restart windows
3 - Apply Dr Terror's patch
4 - Apply Windows XP compatibility patch
5 - Apply 3.6.21.3 patch

Still don't know if I have the US or UK or multilanguage whatever version.

Edit: So many ppl with outdated versions playing... I think they are confused with so many patches and versions out there.

bonz
2 Oct 2004, 18:32
i'd like to know, if the wormpot modes from WWP
(perhaps including the unused ones: guess my weapon, on the moon, hand to hand)
could be integrated! (as options or wormpot)

kind of the ultimate 2D worms, including all options/weapons ever created!
(this is where i'd really like to see a comeback of the sheep clones, homing cluster & sheep-on-a-rope!)

another nice feature:
in worms dc was a cheat code "magical mystery tour", which hid all the worms names in a game,
so you had to remember which worms were yours!
this would give some nice gameplay!

Squirminator2k
2 Oct 2004, 19:20
After 10 hours of reinstalls and uninstalls I've found a way to make WA run under Windows 2003:

1 - Uninstall and restart windows
2 - Install and restart windows
3 - Apply Dr Terror's patch
4 - Apply Windows XP compatibility patch
5 - Apply 3.6.21.3 patch

Still don't know if I have the US or UK or multilanguage whatever version.
Really, all yuo needed to do was:

1 - Install and restart windows
2 - Apply Windows XP compatibility patch
3 - Apply 3.6.21.3 patch

XxDangerxX
3 Oct 2004, 03:56
i'd like to know, if the wormpot modes from WWP
(perhaps including the unused ones: guess my weapon, on the moon, hand to hand)
could be integrated! (as options or wormpot)

kind of the ultimate 2D worms, including all options/weapons ever created!
(this is where i'd really like to see a comeback of the sheep clones, homing cluster & sheep-on-a-rope!)

another nice feature:
in worms dc was a cheat code "magical mystery tour", which hid all the worms names in a game,
so you had to remember which worms were yours!
this would give some nice gameplay!

no. Any elaborators on my statement?

Akdor 1154
3 Oct 2004, 05:11
no. Any elaborators on my statement?

Well, actually yes. ;)

Sorry, but I just have to argue with anything I see. Just one of those things.
Anyway, when we get fully customizable hosting, all of the WormPot options will be possible, we'll just have to set them up ourselves... unless Deadcode offers them as presets... hint, hint... ;)

Also;
Volcane at Team17...
This wouldn't be the mysterious forum user #1, Volcadmin, would it?

bonz
3 Oct 2004, 11:12
Anyway, when we get fully customizable hosting, all of the WormPot options will be possible, we'll just have to set them up ourselves... unless Deadcode offers them as presets

very good!
a slotmachine-style wormpot would be nice though; with a random feature like in w3d

a random user map feature comes into my mind too...

and a question:
with all this changes made in wa, will there be any patch for wwp?
as it's intended to merge wn1 and wn2.
wa has a few features more than wwp at the moment

SargeMcCluck
3 Oct 2004, 11:47
This wouldn't be the mysterious forum user #1, Volcadmin, would it?

No, it'd be the user "Volcane", hence him calling him Volcane ;)

http://forum.team17.co.uk/member.php?u=227

xXSpIDerXx
3 Oct 2004, 15:23
No, it'd be the user "Volcane", hence him calling him Volcane ;)

http://forum.team17.co.uk/member.php?u=227
Actually, it is volcadmin. Hence him never posting

http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5980

Squirminator2k
3 Oct 2004, 15:48
with all this changes made in wa, will there be any patch for wwp?
From what I understand of the situation, yes.

Deadcode
3 Oct 2004, 16:56
LOL, I had no idea calling him "Volcane" would cause such a buzz.

volcadmin == Volcane == Dave. He's in charge of network/server stuff at Team17. He's the one who put the WA sources on a couple of CDs for me while I was over at Team17 HQ.

BetongÅsna
3 Oct 2004, 23:25
LOL, I had no idea calling him "Volcane" would cause such a buzz.

volcadmin == Volcane == Dave. He's in charge of network/server stuff at Team17. He's the one who put the WA sources on a couple of CDs for me while I was over at Team17 HQ.
Ah, so he has a name? :rolleyes:

Sn!perWorm
5 Oct 2004, 06:15
Ah, so he has a name? :rolleyes:
Congratulations for the discovery!You won two-year old cabbage and used bus ticket!:p
How's this?
I like it more than the one which's already.:)

wccSplintr
5 Oct 2004, 20:53
I think the :rolleyes: implied that he was being sarcastic :rolleyes: Yiu just beat him for that prize :rolleyes:
Oh wait, you were being sarcastic...

Sn!perWorm
6 Oct 2004, 06:43
You won the same award!Congratulations!:pI like sarcasm a lot though I'm not master of it...;p

BTW,I'd only like the possibilty to disable the land "background" after it's destruction when explosion wasn't very powerful.It sometimes makes the land hard to be seen...

realfoe
6 Oct 2004, 12:39
i wouldnt mind being able to change the brightness in the game, as doing it in advaced graphics controls dosnt seem to effect the game just makes me go blind looking at my desktop.

XxDangerxX
9 Oct 2004, 03:51
I just have one question about the latest update.

wth is the <centre> tag?

SeCuRi[T]
9 Oct 2004, 05:17
I just have one question about the latest update.

wth is the <centre> tag?

It's used in the serverlist.htm to center the text (to go on wormnet)

XxDangerxX
10 Oct 2004, 06:12
Is there a <right> tag?

Deadcode
10 Oct 2004, 06:31
Is there a <right> tag?No, but there is a <div align=right> and <div align=justify>. (In HTML. Not supported by W:A.)

canofworms
10 Oct 2004, 08:15
No, but there is a <div align=right> and <div align=justify>. (In HTML. Not supported by W:A.)
How mutch have we got left to wait for the patch?

wccSplintr
10 Oct 2004, 19:47
Real-time worms!

Oh fine never mind :(

Chip
10 Oct 2004, 21:09
There's about 33 pages of this thread so I can't be bothered to read the whole thing so if this has allready been suggested then I apologise.

Will it be possible to make AI worms use more of the weapons and can freely select to them.

I.E. A worm will never use a cluster bomb if it has grenades and it'll never use banna bombs if it has cluster bombs.
And can they use other weapons like "Morta" and animal weapons or is this out the of the liege.

XxDangerxX
11 Oct 2004, 07:07
No, but there is a <div align=right> and <div align=justify>. (In HTML. Not supported by W:A.)
The centre tag; does it, like, work in W: A?

Features
The <center> tag is now supported and used in ServerList.htm.

Or have I completely mistranslated the statement?

Dodgymat
11 Oct 2004, 08:07
The centre tag; does it, like, work in W: A?

Serverlist.htm is the page you see when you are about to connect to wormnet. It is webpage code & not W:A related.

Sn!perWorm
11 Oct 2004, 16:28
I have one thing-I think something's needed to find out who is who(I mean,not EXACTLY who is who,just not to confuse two people...).I mean if one person write "blahblah" in /anon and then "boom" (also in /anon) and then someone says "blaaaaaah",something to be able what was written by the same person,so now you see:
[blahblah]
[boom]
[blaaaaaah]
And after adding something,you will see,for example,this:
1:[blahblah]
1:[boom]
2:[blaaaaah]
Hope you know what I mean...If not,sorry,I had hard to say what I mean. :-/

Seita
11 Oct 2004, 19:47
You mean differenciate Anon messages from their writer, without actually offering a link enabling to know who has written it

wccSplintr
11 Oct 2004, 22:05
Nice new update deadcode

Ah, one problem, every time I exit worms and go back in I have to reset team colours. (I am not clour blind but prefer the clearer colours)

Run
11 Oct 2004, 22:22
I have a simpler solution, sniperworm.

Get rid of anon messages entirely. They serve only to frustrate, annoy, and provide a medium through which jerks can spout incriminating bull****.

And they're yellow. I hate yellow.

Dodgymat
12 Oct 2004, 05:33
every time I exit worms and go back in I have to reset team colours. (I am not clour blind but prefer the clearer colours)

I prefer the warm glowy look too. There is an easy registry fix for this.

1. Goto Start
2. Select Run & in the little box that pops up type regedit
3. On the left hand side find the key that is (on my PC) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\Worms Armageddon\Options
4. Right click the Options folder & select New then DWORD Value.
5. Call it ColourDeficiency (no space) & give it a hexadecimal value of 1

Sounds hard but it's not if you follow the steps correctly. Works fine & won't affect anything else on your PC.

Chip
12 Oct 2004, 15:14
Alot of my friends cant play the game becasue of crashing. After the intro is done, the game crashes to desktop.
Someone said this is because of programs running in the background. My question is as follows:

Can the game be made to run properly even if some programs are allready running.
If someon knows that this crash is caused by background programs or not then can someone confirm it.

ALso you have been doing a fine job with the beta patches, well done.

canofworms
12 Oct 2004, 19:27
Chip I don't see your problem. I have got Worms running with
BOINC
BOINCSpy
Getright
DAEMON TOOLS
Quicktime

AND

The Sold Out Software launcher.

AND IT STILL RUNS FINE!
(Because i have the dameon tools running it does NOT mean i have a imaged cd. It is a legal cd i bought from game)

Glenn
12 Oct 2004, 23:53
Did you ever try putting /nointro (I think it's /nointro) at the end of your shortcut's target?

Chip
13 Oct 2004, 13:13
Its not actually my computer with this problem, I can run the game fine, Its my friends with this problem.

"Noitro" sounds like it will start the game with no intro but the intro of the game claerly works, it displays all 3 openings, after all that - the game closes down.

However, I'll try this "nointro" thing out and see what happens.

Sn!perWorm
13 Oct 2004, 22:44
I have a simpler solution, sniperworm.

Get rid of anon messages entirely. They serve only to frustrate, annoy, and provide a medium through which jerks can spout incriminating bull****.

And they're yellow. I hate yellow.
Not really, they may be useful.Not my fault some people use it to spam. :-/

realfoe
13 Oct 2004, 22:59
Alot of my friends cant play the game becasue of crashing. After the intro is done, the game crashes to desktop.
Someone said this is because of programs running in the background. My question is as follows:

Can the game be made to run properly even if some programs are allready running.
If someon knows that this crash is caused by background programs or not then can someone confirm it.

ALso you have been doing a fine job with the beta patches, well done.

oh yeah i remember my wa and wwp crashing at the menu after i had installed the nimo or something codec pack just one of them were at fault i think it gave a warning when i went to install it..

also another time when someone had clicked on a picture or something and said open with psp installer it started crashing until i reinstalled psp.

Madmaxquinn
13 Oct 2004, 23:36
Before people starting viewing other people's private messages /anon used to be a good thing to have in game to pit enemies against each other and write amusing friendly insults when someone screwed up their go. I don't see the point of /anon in the pre-game chat areas.

Speaking of peoplereading other people's PMs in game, is it still possible for them to do that?
It spoils the game from a tactical point of view when communicating to a team member but it is also a gross invasion of privacy.

Glenn
13 Oct 2004, 23:51
Speaking of peoplereading other people's PMs in game, is it still possible for them to do that?
It spoils the game from a tactical point of view when communicating to a team member but it is also a gross invasion of privacy.
Yes, you still can, and AFAIK, Deadcode will be getting rid of that in the future (I just can't remember the thread that was in...).

Also, side note, this thread has now hit 1000 posts! :eek: