PDA

View Full Version : W:A 4.0 Beta Update

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Chip
30 Nov 2004, 16:48
Dam your too smart.

This was a lot easier against my friends.

wccSplintr
30 Nov 2004, 20:35
Umm, just because Deadcode's not here, doesnt mean we should start spamming up his thread, try PMs or forget it, I suggest.

Run
30 Nov 2004, 21:00
Yeah, AT. You should be ashamed of yourself :P

bonz
30 Nov 2004, 21:37
spamming up his thread
spamming up this thread? :p
i bet that 2/3 of these 1253 posts are off-topic blather!

back on topic:
does the 4.0 patch enable wwp players to play in wormnet1, or wa players in wormnet2?
or both in a new wormnet?
if it's the first or the last, i suppose that there has to be a patch for wwp too!
(otherwise wwp players wouldn't have the newest wa features)
who has insider information?

Run
30 Nov 2004, 22:48
i bet that 2/3 of these 1253 posts are off-topic blather!

Most of them are requests and suggestions, with many more being the prevailing argument over the point of the requests.

It makes for some depressing reading :)

Seita
1 Dec 2004, 08:48
does the 4.0 patch enable wwp players to play in wormnet1, or wa players in wormnet2?
or both in a new wormnet?
if it's the first or the last, i suppose that there has to be a patch for wwp too!
(otherwise wwp players wouldn't have the newest wa features)
who has insider information?

As i've been said, wwp players will be offered the opportunity to download a version of WA being playable with WWP CD. That means all WA and WWP players will be able to meet on wn1, without the need of a patch dedicated to wwp.

Hope that answers your fears.

Akdor 1154
4 Dec 2004, 03:54
As i've been said, wwp players will be offered the opportunity to download a version of WA being playable with WWP CD. That means all WA and WWP players will be able to meet on wn1, without the need of a patch dedicated to wwp.

Hope that answers your fears.

And what if thye're on dialup and they don't feel like downloading 200 or so meg?

Glenn
4 Dec 2004, 05:37
And what if thye're on dialup and they don't feel like downloading 200 or so meg?
Do what I do. Get a download manager, and just run the downloads at night when no one needs the phone. It should only take about three nights (depending on when you go to bed and how long you sleep) to download 200 MB.

Reaperz
4 Dec 2004, 06:54
it took me about 7 hours to download flash mx 04 (70 something mb) so it would take me arround 20 hours...
arround 3 night.(connecting at 53.2 while using a download manager...)..[Glenn was right]

Although I dbout anyone would want to wait for 3 nights to play if they were desperate enough to download 200mb on dialup...

MrBunsy
4 Dec 2004, 10:28
You could just find a friend who has broadband and ask them to put it on CD.

SargeMcCluck
4 Dec 2004, 15:53

Where did 200 meg come from?
I assume that it will use the WWP front-end (albeit very slightly modified for some things), the WWP music, and nearly everything WWP. I'd assume that you'd not be looking over 5-10 meg maximum of extra data, and as the WA patch is currently 3.5 meg, say 4 meg with the final patch, that's 9-14 meg maximum.

(Unless I'm mistaken, you're not downloading the full WA - You *won't* get the missions, you *won't* get any of the WA stuff except the opportunity to play on WormNET rather than WormNET 2).

Obviously if it's the full game with missions, the WA-only music, the front end, etc etc then yes, maybe you're right. But I doubt that will be the case.

Run
4 Dec 2004, 16:02
Although I dbout anyone would want to wait for 3 nights to play if they were desperate enough to download 200mb on dialup...

Why not? It's not like they're busy doing something else. Oh yeah, sleeping :rolleyes:

Chip
4 Dec 2004, 19:27
200MB patch, that just sounds so silly, you can get games that take up less memory then that,

Anyway a suggestion.
Is there anyway possible (But I doubt it) that with these patches - make it so you could have bigger terrains?
I occasianly find the standard terrains to be too small.

Run
4 Dec 2004, 19:48
Ho ho ho!

That suggestion has already been done to death. There have been for and against arguments, but the against arguments are all a load of balls (have a quick browse down the threads in this forum and the WA forum).

I believe the only comment Deadcode made on the idea, is that it is easier to do than one might think. I see that as a positive thing :)

Squirminator2k
4 Dec 2004, 21:30
200MB patch, that just sounds so silly, you can get games that take up less memory then that
You can say that about any filesize. THere are games which only take up a few KB.

Akdor 1154
5 Dec 2004, 00:04
Well, the guy said a 'version of W:A', not a 'W:A-ifying patch for WWP', so there :p

Yeah, it could be done with a small patch quite easily.

Maybe if the editor for this 'fully customizable hosting' was external, then it could be made to work with both games?

SargeMcCluck
5 Dec 2004, 00:25
Well, the guy said a 'version of W:A', not a 'W:A-ifying patch for WWP', so there :p

Yeah, it could be done with a small patch quite easily.

Maybe if the editor for this 'fully customizable hosting' was external, then it could be made to work with both games?

It is a version of W:A. Just a very very very special version that reads the data from the WWP CD/WWP install. WWP itself will still be playable. It may even install to the same folder as the WWP executable (Hey, that's what I'd do).

Reaperz
5 Dec 2004, 04:41
You could just find a friend who has broadband and ask them to put it on CD.
And for people (like me) who have no friends with connections better then dial-up :(

Why not? It's not like they're busy doing something else. Oh yeah, sleeping :rolleyes:
Yeah, but if i wanted something with a size of 200mb so bad I attempted to download it on dialup I wouldnt want to wait a day to play or use it. If I was sleeping all the time it was downloading it wouldnt matter, but if it takes 3 nights, i would have to wait arround 2 days for it to download. (unless I slept constantly for 3 days)

Also if theres a special version of W:A for WWP players is there a special version if WWP for W:A players? :confused:

SargeMcCluck
5 Dec 2004, 04:50
And for people (like me) who have no friends with connections better then dial-up :(

Yeah, but if i wanted something with a size of 200mb so bad I attempted to download it on dialup I wouldnt want to wait a day to play or use it. If I was sleeping all the time it was downloading it wouldnt matter, but if it takes 3 nights, i would have to wait arround 2 days for it to download. (unless I slept constantly for 3 days)

Also if theres a special version of W:A for WWP players is there a special version if WWP for W:A players? :confused:

No, that'd be beside the point. The point is to allow WWP users to play using the new WA features with rankings on the WA server. WA players playing on WWP would just be a waste of time and money! ;)

Run
5 Dec 2004, 10:07

With GetRight download manager you can pause it during the day.

Chip
5 Dec 2004, 14:49
Just searched for bigger terrain on these forums and it came up with a bunch of strange things and I'm not going to manually search through 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 threads just to find it.

So I'm just going to take your word for it.

I believe the only comment Deadcode made on the idea, is that it is easier to do than one might think. I see that as a positive thing

Lets just hope in the future we will be able to choose bigger terrains.

Squirminator2k
5 Dec 2004, 14:54
I would say that the ultimate aim of the plan to converge the WA and WWP communities is to allow Team17 to shut down WormNET2, saving them a bit of money in the process.

BetongÅsna
5 Dec 2004, 15:26
I would say that the ultimate aim of the plan to converge the WA and WWP communities is to allow Team17 to shut down WormNET2, saving them a bit of money in the process.
Still, it's not a bad idea.

Chip
5 Dec 2004, 20:14
Got another suggestion. Forgive me if they have been suggested before.

Can we have the "Total amount of worms for a terrain" increased.
I.E: 16 worms is currently the most you can select up to for a terrain.
But with the fiddler you could set up to 48 - thats all 8 worms to a team on the terrain but some did fall off to begin with.

Swed Simon
5 Dec 2004, 20:31
Got another suggestion. Forgive me if they have been suggested before.

Can we have the "Total amount of worms for a terrain" increased.
I.E: 16 worms is currently the most you can select up to for a terrain.
But with the fiddler you could set up to 48 - thats all 8 worms to a team on the terrain but some did fall off to begin with.
First, it's 18 Worms. Second, why would anyone even want 48 worms on the terrain?

Chip
5 Dec 2004, 21:52
I never said I wanted 48 worms I just said that the fiddler could have up to 48 worms.
I would like an increase to the limit of at least 6.
When I had the fiddler I used to have 6 teams and each team had 4 worms. also no one fell of the terrain.

Oh and you are right - 18 worms is the current maximum "3 x 6 = 18" I was thinking "2 x 8 = 16".

Run
5 Dec 2004, 23:06
Again, fiddler-like settings will come eventually.

Reaperz
6 Dec 2004, 04:26
With GetRight download manager you can pause it during the day.
Or you could just get Firefox or use some p2p program that acts like a download manager.

Akdor 1154
6 Dec 2004, 07:26
But Firefox has to stay open, unless you use an extension to integrated a third party download manager. And going into standby stuffs your download up

Reaperz
6 Dec 2004, 07:41
What exactly does standby do, ive never used it. Ive only ever seen it used by someone with a laptop.
I suppose leaving firefox open is a little annoying, but its way better then having your download stuffed up by server connection resetting.

XxDangerxX
6 Dec 2004, 11:08
I have notived that no-one has given me the scheme of the screensaver, or even just the informative details that I asked for so many pages ago. Will someone please tell me, even if it's just saying "I don't know".

Btw Reaperz, I've noticed that you still have the avatar that I originally gave you. It makes me so happy seeing that. Everyone else that I have made an avatar for has thrown it in the recycled items... I mean the deleted bin.. I mean.. well, you know what I mean lol! Seeing your avatar active like this after all this time is just filling me with a drive to once again be passionate about making avatars. I am now even going to make that difficult scottish avatar that was requested by ScotWorm.

Also, I will be asking a few things about The Fiddler. Not Fiddler options in the 4.0 patch, but the actual Fiddler. Seeing there are a few programmers familiar with the functions deep inside the executable (namely DC lol), I thought this would be the ideal thread to post these questions in and I figure he (and others who might also be familiar) would know the exact purposes and effects of these options in The Fiddler. I am still looking for the parts that I want information on. Only when I know this can I be a true Fiddler master...

Chip
6 Dec 2004, 15:41
Like I said some posts ago - I was a master with the fiddler, I even made my own missions. It was easy with the fiddler as you could set up where the worms started and what weapons each team had.

But like I said before, No that I no longer have it opperational I can not use it and my skills of the program are fadeing , fadeing, fadeing away into the sun set.

"Xx DangerxX" I do however still have the program so by looking through it again I may remeber how to do many of the things. So what exactually is the information you are after about it? like "what does track movement do" or "How do you bring up the sprite list". Give me a list of things and I'll try to remember whatt what they do.

yuriks
6 Dec 2004, 18:54
like.....what are those random number on each weapon? ( 1=40 2=20 3=0 4=0 ) Never knew what they meant.

Chip
6 Dec 2004, 21:13
Can't remember fully but they're arnt important and they were only to do something realy minor to the weapon overall.

I just looked at one of my old schemes and seen that I had changed those numbers of one of my special weapons. I just can't remember why I did it though.

Plutonic
7 Dec 2004, 00:19
i have to say i never realy used the fiddler much, so you can probably ignore most of what i say, but it probably just defines basic weapon properties. such as Time Limit, distance weapon spawns from worm, maximum travel distance, explode on contact, if you drop it or throw it... etc etc. If you play around with the values it will probably become obdvious.

venom30
7 Dec 2004, 09:18
where can i download the 4.0 patch? only got the official from team17

XxDangerxX
7 Dec 2004, 10:52
WILL EVERYONE PLEASE STOP ASKING US THAT!!!

Seriously though, it's alright mate. We don't blame you being a newbie and all, do we guys???
Okay, You see, the thing is that there won't be a 4.0 patch for a looooooong, loooooong time. There have been many a 3.x patch with an ever increasing amount of new features, but the actual 4.0 patch won't be released for years yet and even a decade or more. That will be when Team17 have been UTTERLY ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT CONVINCED that the game has 0 bugs in it and is perfect because it will be the absolute final version ever created.

Can't remember fully but they're arnt important and they were only to do something realy minor to the weapon overall.
I don't care. I want to know the details of every last one. I have always been a electronic and mechanical technical expert and when I'm not enjoying the ride on my bike (which is most of the time lol), I'm worrying about when it's gonna break at terminal velocity and how and what could possibly be wrong with it at the time. I am so intimate with my bike, so much so that, the other day I figured out one of the most advanced problems with it. Whi here has a bike and doesn't tknow s*** about the brakes? Pay me $10AU plus travelling fees (which will cost you a total of about a couple of grand) and I'll fix it for you. But that's off point. I'm saying that, with the personality that I just described, I want, nay, NEED to know about the tiny little minor bits and their significance so that I can fine tune and perfect the weapon to my liking, so that I can be satisfied with the tiny functions that I still can't make my weapons do (though I am very sure that they are possible. I am still working on the list.

asylumjim
7 Dec 2004, 14:13
I am so intimate with my bike

how does that work?....its gotta hurt!

but the actual 4.0 patch won't be released for years yet and even a decade or more

A bit much dont you think...what would be the point of dragging it out that long

yuriks
7 Dec 2004, 16:53
yeah, a year or two is okay, but a decade?

Glenn
8 Dec 2004, 01:18
Have you ever heard the term 'sarcasm'? I'm sure AT would love to explain it to you.

yuriks
8 Dec 2004, 15:27
yes, i KNOW what sarcasm is, now letz stop with this before this turns into FLAMES! (yes, i am sounding stupid, just ignore this and my other post. :P)

Plutonic
8 Dec 2004, 18:39
well, concidering we've already waited near enough 6 years for it were not all that far off the decade already....

SargeMcCluck
8 Dec 2004, 19:07
well, concidering we've already waited near enough 6 years for it were not all that far off the decade already....

Near to 6? Not really, it's been a little over 5 since release, it was a Q3 1999 release, and the patch wasn't promised straight away.

Run
8 Dec 2004, 19:56
If the patch was promised within one standard deviation of 6 years (defined to be root N, in this case root 6) minus one year, of the release date of of Worms Armageddon, then statistically speaking Psydome made a correct statement.

SargeMcCluck
8 Dec 2004, 20:03
If the patch was promised within one standard deviation of 6 years (defined to be root N, in this case root 6) minus one year, of the release date of of Worms Armageddon, then statistically speaking Psydome made a correct statement.

Psydome? Psydome hasn't posted here in the last little while.
*wins*

Run
8 Dec 2004, 20:05
I couldn't remember who it was, so i guessed off the comment

*gets the more important win*

Swed Simon
8 Dec 2004, 20:18
If it weren't for the leaked silkworm we would 99,99% still not have all the bug fixes extra features, we really should be happy with the fact that the 4.0 patch is coming at all...

Plutonic
9 Dec 2004, 00:15
well, i got WA sometime when I was in year 8. I'm now second year uni which is essentually year 15. 15 - 8 = 7.
I didnt exactly try and work it out when i was posting but it's not that far off.

XxDangerxX
9 Dec 2004, 06:19
I want to know what the ones in bold do.
The rest I know fluently.

MAIN WEAPONS OPTIONS BOX

- Name in grid
- Name at top
- Row
- Shots
- Usable in caverns
- Ends turn
- Report bad shot
- 1, 2, 3, 5
- Grid Picture
- Activate by (Crosshair, throw, strike or space bar)

If crosshair:
- Crosshair type
- Weapon style

OR if throw:
- Herding\no herding
- Weapon style (none, mine, general launcher or canister

OR if strike:
- Minor type

OR if space bar
- Weapon Style

SPRITE BOX
- Sprite number
- How used (Horizontal Velocity, Cycle, Track Movement, etc.)
- Sprite for trail
- Amount of trail
- Trail vanish speed
- Don't know

EXPLOSION BOX
- Explosion bias
- Blast power
- Maximum damage
- Randomness of damage
- "196"
- Count down
- Auto-explode

EXPLODE ON / BOUNCE OFF / ROAM OFF / EXPLODE ON FLYING INTO BOX

Terrain
Worms on terrain
Worm using weapon
Worms in mid-air
Worms on rope/bungee
Frozen Worms
Kamikaze/suicide bomber
Gas canisters
Mines
Crates
Donor cards
Gravestones
Other weapons
Longbow arrows
Oil Drums
Skimming
Starry bounce

BOUNCE BOX
- Bounciness (0=use +/-0)
- Bounce acceleration
- Bouncing sound
- Don't know
- Don't know
- Bounce explosion bias
- Bounce blast power
- Bounce damage
- Randomness of damage
- Number of bounces

ROAM BOX
- Walk speed
- Don't know
- Jump angle (at edge)
- Jump velocity (at edge)
- Jump sound (at edge)
- Jump angle
- Jump velocity
- Jump sound
- Terrain offset
- Fart (y/n)
- Disease points
- Sprite when farting
- Sprite when flying 1
- Sprite when flying 2
- Sound when taking off
- Sound during flight
- Repeat sound (y/n)

CLUSTERS BOX
- Number of "clustlets"
- Dipersion power
- Speed of leaving circle
- Ejection angle
- Dispersion angle
- Number of sprites to use
- Acceleration
- Wind response
- Randomness of motion
- Explode on space bar (y/n)
- Action

SargeMcCluck
9 Dec 2004, 08:00
well, i got WA sometime when I was in year 8. I'm now second year uni which is essentually year 15. 15 - 8 = 7.
I didnt exactly try and work it out when i was posting but it's not that far off.

Nonsense did you.

W:A was released 31 May 1999 (I just checked, I knew it was 1999, although I was thinking it was August 1999, but that was the Dreamcast release). If you started your second year at uni in 2004, then 5 years ago, September 1999, you were just starting year *10*. So W:A came earlier in that year, so it came out the May in the school year before you started year 10, so you were just over halfway through Year 9.

There's no way you got it in Year 8. The game had not finished the development process then.

Chip
9 Dec 2004, 08:28
I'll go through the ones I remember fully.

SPRITE BOX
- Sprite number
- How used (Horizontal Velocity, Cycle, Track Movement, etc.)
- Sprite for trail
- Amount of trail
- Trail vanish speed
- Don't know

Amount of trail is the amount of "small sprites" the weapon leaves behind while moving.
I.E: Bazoka has a smoke type trail when flying through the air and by increaseing or decreaseing the amount of trail will increase or decrease the amount of trail sprites you can see.

Trail vanish speed is how fast each of those trail sprites disapear. A very VERY long trail vanish speed would make a weapon leave a giant line of smoke behing (Like a real rocket)

But note that trails do not have to be smoke. The homing pidgion had those fethers for a trail.

OR if strike:
- Minor type

The distance of when the missile drop from the marked spot.
I.E: an airstrike would have "0" so the missiles would drop nearly over the spot so they would hit the marked location. An naparm strike would have "70" this would make the missiles drop some point before the marked location. This was intended for wind effectivnes purposes.

BOUNCE BOX
- Bounciness (0=use +/-0)
- Bounce acceleration]
- Bouncing sound

The power of each bounch (not damage)
I.E: a high power / bounch acceleration would make the bounces bounce higher. A low acceleration would make them bounce not very high.

CLUSTERS BOX
- Number of "clustlets"
- Dipersion power

The speed of each cluster leaving the original bomb / missile.
A high speed would allow the clusters to move out and spread quickly.
A low speed would mean that the clusters would move out slowly meaning it will take more time before they can spread over the place.

Thats the ones I remember fully, but the "196" I'm sure I know that - it's right there in my mind, If I get it out I'll put it up here.

Plutonic
9 Dec 2004, 18:57
Nonsense did you.

W:A was released 31 May 1999 (I just checked, I knew it was 1999, although I was thinking it was August 1999, but that was the Dreamcast release). If you started your second year at uni in 2004, then 5 years ago, September 1999, you were just starting year *10*. So W:A came earlier in that year, so it came out the May in the school year before you started year 10, so you were just over halfway through Year 9.

There's no way you got it in Year 8. The game had not finished the development process then.

meh, to be honest i cant be bothered to get my head around it but anyway the point still stands, we've been waiting along time, a few more years and we wont be far of a decade.

bonz
9 Dec 2004, 21:04
a few more years and we wont be far of a decade.
it would then be right on time for a "game of the decade" or "10th anniversary patch" (re-)release...
:D

yuriks
9 Dec 2004, 21:46
Cant we start a The Fiddler discussion thread? "Numbered boxes seems to have no effect." read the manual. (well, the readme :)

XxDangerxX
9 Dec 2004, 22:26
They *SEEM* to not have any effect. They wouldn't be there if they didn't have a use.

BOUNCE BOX
- Bounciness (0=use +/-)
- Bounce acceleration
- Bouncing sound

The power of each bounch (not damage)
I.E: a high power / bounch acceleration would make the bounces bounce higher. A low acceleration would make them bounce not very high.
Then what's the difference between that and bounciness?

CLUSTERS BOX
- Number of "clustlets"
- Dipersion power

The speed of each cluster leaving the original bomb / missile.
A high speed would allow the clusters to move out and spread quickly.
A low speed would mean that the clusters would move out slowly meaning it will take more time before they can spread over the place.
Then what's the difference between that and Dispersion power?

Glenn
10 Dec 2004, 01:02
I'm going to say this. Keep in mind that I've never, ever used the Fiddler before and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Bounciness = The amount of vertical speed that a grenade-type weapon maintains after a bounce.
Bounce Acceleration = The amount of horizontal speed that a grenade-type weapon maintains after a bounce.

Dispersion Power = The distance clusters fly in the horizontal direction after the bomb explodes.
Speed of leaving circle = The distance cluseters fly in the vertical direction after the bomb explodes. This of course will affect dispersion to a lesser degree.

I have no idea if that's right...

Chip
10 Dec 2004, 09:24
Just looked at it and can't work it out without testing so - xXDangerXx - Your just going to have to mess around with them and see the effect.

yuriks
10 Dec 2004, 16:40
I think each one affects like 50% of the effect. And, by the way what is skimming and starybounce?

XxDangerxX
11 Dec 2004, 02:43
Okay I will.

I don't know what starry bounce is, but skimming is as follows:
If a weapon is set to explode on skimming, it will sink when it hits the water. weapons like homing missile are set to not explode on skimming so that they can go underwater and still be controlled. Aqua sheep is also set to not explode on skimming. That's why you can still steer it underwater. Make the Concrete Donkey explode on skimming and see what happens. Tell me what you see.

Plutonic
11 Dec 2004, 14:55
sarry bounce is used on the holy hand grenade to make stars appear when it bounces... i guess..

Akdor 1154
15 Dec 2004, 06:29
They *SEEM* to not have any effect. They wouldn't be there if they didn't have a use.

Unless they originally had a use, but then Team17 removed the code? Or they were used as settings on weapons that didn't make it to the finished product (Gas canister, Worm strike...)

$10AU + travelling feesWell, you're just south of Sydney, right? And when we went there to visit some great aunt or something it only took 8 hours continuous driving... :P
With petrol prices the way they are now (at least around us - 108.9 c/pl, in Wangaratta, just 1/2 an hour down the freeway, it's like only 102 :mad:) that's only a couple o'hundred dollars - unless you wanted to cycle all the way down here (800km) ;)

My "complete" Fiddler manual is totally done, but now I've almost learnt PHP I'm gonna 'translate' it and host it that way - much easier to maintain :D.

yuriks
17 Dec 2004, 02:26
YAY! A fiddler manual! :HAPPINES:
No, those stars are made using trails.
(my posts are confusing) :confused:

XxDangerxX
17 Dec 2004, 05:24
Yay, a manual! You don't need to translate it to PHP. I want it NOW! Gimmegimmegimme! Is there a text file or something that you have that you could show me? Or maybe a powerpoint presentation or something?

Another request: Could we have the way WA uses the sprites with the handgun and shotgun changed slightly? I think these images will speak for themselves:

AndrewTaylor
17 Dec 2004, 11:35
Another request: Could we have the way WA uses the sprites with the handgun and shotgun changed slightly? I think these images will speak for themselves:
No, I think you're going to have to explain them.

Run
17 Dec 2004, 12:12
He wants recoil.

Madmaxquinn
17 Dec 2004, 12:57
you've got recoil: their heads snap back slightly.

AndrewTaylor
17 Dec 2004, 14:05
He wants recoil.
Oh, so those images aren't from W:A? Right. Gotcha.

double post edit:

you've got recoil: their heads snap back slightly.
Now I'm confused again. I think I shall ignore this thread.

RastaMahata
18 Dec 2004, 03:20
Yay, a manual! You don't need to translate it to PHP. I want it NOW! Gimmegimmegimme! Is there a text file or something that you have that you could show me? Or maybe a powerpoint presentation or something?

The idea is nice, but I'm happy with the shotgun so far :D
I dont need recoil. Games use recoil as a difficulty level factor. In most fps recoil moves your aiming point. I dont think recoil would work on worms armageddon.
Graphic effect? No thanks, give me rankings and fixes first ;)

XxDangerxX
18 Dec 2004, 05:07
Hello? I put the crosshair in these animations there for a reason. I was demonstrating that the guns would be more realistic but not move the aiming point.

And as for the last bit, this is such a simple request, that it can be done in 1 day at the very atlongest.:rolleyes: You will have virtually no delay from your precious rankings and fixes.

Lionheart
18 Dec 2004, 20:24
Ah man, being able to place mines/oil drums wherever you want when making a map...*drules*

I know this has probably been asked a bunch by now, but are there any updates on when it is coming out? THe original post was almost a year ago..

AndrewTaylor
18 Dec 2004, 22:47
Last I heard the official release date is:

When it's done.

Deadcode will essentially keep fixing things and improving things until everyone agrees (or he considers) it to be Finished. Then they'll call that W:A4.0 and release it (along with the WWP-CD compatible version).

RastaMahata
19 Dec 2004, 01:40
Hello? I put the crosshair in these animations there for a reason. I was demonstrating that the guns would be more realistic but not move the aiming point.

And as for the last bit, this is such a simple request, that it can be done in 1 day at the very atlongest.:rolleyes: You will have virtually no delay from your precious rankings and fixes.

since when is worms realistic?
And I really dont know how fast or slow deadcode codes his programs, so I just can't say it would take a day. Now can you?
*sigh* I'm getting tired of saying "Let the man do his job"...

Veletrap
20 Dec 2004, 15:57
Hey Deadcode, hows about you give us a nice Christmas present? *Cough*

NeoTOM
21 Dec 2004, 01:30
Let it be known that crates will drop and land onto demolished, non-existing space-maker beams (short things created by the game when the level is too small).

EDIT: I know see that it was a few left over pixels. I didn't see them before.

XxDangerxX
21 Dec 2004, 02:13
They're called girders.

NeoTOM
23 Dec 2004, 22:49
They're called girders.

Well then the space-maker girders.

wccSplintr
24 Dec 2004, 10:15
Do you mean the ones that are put in automatically even if the girders are set to 1?
Theres something for the patch: To be able to set girders and scenery to 0.

Run
24 Dec 2004, 11:30
No he doesn't mean that.

But I don't understand his bug report. NeoTom, are you saying that when a space-making girder is destroyed, a crate still tried to land on it and instead falls into the water?

Chip
24 Dec 2004, 22:12
He could mean that when you create a small map where the computer places extra holes with girders in them, that even once they have been blown up - a crate still can land on them even though nothing is there, so the crate appeares as if its floating in mid air.

Run
25 Dec 2004, 00:09
Then maybe it's a very small pixel - crates can still land on those.

Akdor 1154
26 Dec 2004, 07:01
Were you running one of the new betas when the bug happened? If so can you upload a reply of the game? It's in your [Worms Armageddon\User\Games Directory. :)

XxDangerxX
26 Dec 2004, 07:38
More requests:

Make it so that you can have more than just double damage. I want quadruple, octuple and hexadecuple damage.
If all the teams have a Crate Spy, you should be able to see what's in the crates between turns

Run
26 Dec 2004, 10:18
More requests:

Make it so that you can have more than just double damage. I want quadruple, octuple and hexadecuple damage.
If all the teams have a Crate Spy, you should be able to see what's in the crates between turns

You been playing Holy Wars recently at all? ;)

Glenn
27 Dec 2004, 00:39
No he doesn't mean that.

But I don't understand his bug report. NeoTom, are you saying that when a space-making girder is destroyed, a crate still tried to land on it and instead falls into the water?
No, I think he's just whining about the fact that the crates will teleport down to these hole so you can't get to them unless you use some effort (or a teleport).

AndrewTaylor
27 Dec 2004, 03:29
That's a really bad idea. Really bad.

The crate spy thing I'll give you -- that'd be nice. Probably more hassle than it's worth but I don't know; I've never seen the code.

But no. x16 Damage would make, say, the Shotgun -- quite a mediocre explosion usually -- do 400 damage points. The bazooka would do 800. The Donkey would do 1600 on each bounce. 1600. That's more health than normally exists in an entire game. The Uzi would do 40 damage on each bullet -- there was a glitch that let you do that in Worms1 and trust me it's more than lethal enough. You could kill four worms garaunteed with the Shotgun on x16 Damage. If you had a Banana Bomb you could destroy the entire terrain. It'd do 7,200 damage points! Per worm it hit! Heaven forbid if it hits a crate. And a Sheep comes out. That's almost 10,000 damage points. No more level. Gone. Then the game cycles for about a week while Worms slowly but inexorably return to Earth. Probably one escapes the gravity and enters a low orbit. The others skim so far they land in the Mushroom Kingdom and then blow themselves up because they've got no health left, and probably rather puzzle the natives in doing so. And after all that; all that spectacle; all that wait; all that all-but-crashing-the-programme-trying-to-display-the-arrows; after all that you know what would happen?

"A draw. How boring."

NeoTOM
27 Dec 2004, 21:02
He could mean that when you create a small map where the computer places extra holes with girders in them, that even once they have been blown up - a crate still can land on them even though nothing is there, so the crate appeares as if its floating in mid air.

Dingdingdingdingdingdingding! We have a winner! Game attached.

Run
27 Dec 2004, 22:53
Just as I thought (ha @ Glenn)

The crate landed on a few pixels left over from the girder.

Akdor 1154
28 Dec 2004, 00:15
@ AT + xDx:

I think this is possible with the Fiddler, and therefore theoretically with the FCH, but personally I think some settings with FCH (such as this) should be disabled online in all but one room (ANYTHING goes).

NeoTOM
29 Dec 2004, 20:13
Hey, Deadcode, you still alive? You haven't posted since November 9th. Give us a siiign from somewhere beyoooond...

Squirminator2k
30 Dec 2004, 08:39
It's the Christmas Period. Deadcode has better things to be doing, I'd wager.

SargeMcCluck
30 Dec 2004, 08:45
I havn't seen him on IM stuff in a while, and it's been even longer since Liam saw him, so I'll send him an e-mail and ask him to come online and then poke him. With a cartoon stick. With a white glove on the end.

Squirminator2k
30 Dec 2004, 09:02
I havn't seen him on IM stuff in a while, and it's been even longer since Liam saw him, so I'll send him an e-mail and ask him to come online and then poke him. With a cartoon stick. With a white glove on the end.
Classic... shame, I don't have that image anymore.

Also, FLAIL!!

xWANxJoao
31 Dec 2004, 10:56
:eek:

It will be possible edit the background of the maps?... LOL

SargeMcCluck
31 Dec 2004, 11:05
Classic... shame, I don't have that image anymore.

Also, FLAIL!!

It's on CL2K somewhere.
Unfortunately, CL2K has been compromised by Cell. The *******.

Also, yes, FLAIL! :D

Akdor 1154
6 Jan 2005, 23:12
Seeing as AFAIK W:A hasn't been released in a 'budget' range yet, is there a chance this will happen once the 4.0 patch is done?

canofworms
7 Jan 2005, 08:19
Seeing as AFAIK W:A hasn't been released in a 'budget' range yet, is there a chance this will happen once the 4.0 patch is done?
Correction: Buy WA from Sold Out Software for about £5. Go to Game or PC World and you will find it

bonz
8 Jan 2005, 17:40
Correction: Buy WA from Sold Out Software for about £5. Go to Game or PC World and you will find it
-->greenpepper.de (http://www.greenpepper.de/greenpepper/produkte/T-Z/Worms_Armagedon.php) has it too for €6.99

Akdor 1154
10 Jan 2005, 23:18
Good god, don't tell me they've given it to...
SOLD OUT SOFTWARE!!

Oh, DAMNIT I hate setup.now. :p

At least it's better than Trymedia *shudder*.

;)

Squirminator2k
11 Jan 2005, 07:26
I don't see why everyone complains about Sold Out. I've got nothing against them - not only do they offer a rather nice selection of games for a fiver a piece, but they don't have those silly CD Protection things meaning that those of us who like to back up our games can actually do it (not that it woudln't be easier to go out and buy another copy at that price). The only thing I don't like is their Launcher program, which should be clever enough to tell that the game is already instaleld ratehr than requrie me to hold down shift to stop it loading every time I put the CD in.

Voss
11 Jan 2005, 12:45
I don't see why everyone complains about Sold Out. I've got nothing against them - not only do they offer a rather nice selection of games for a fiver a piece, but they don't have those silly CD Protection things meaning that those of us who like to back up our games can actually do it (not that it woudln't be easier to go out and buy another copy at that price). The only thing I don't like is their Launcher program, which should be clever enough to tell that the game is already instaleld ratehr than requrie me to hold down shift to stop it loading every time I put the CD in.

What exactly IS that price, in American dollers?

Glenn
11 Jan 2005, 13:48
£5 is roughly $10 in American currency. Then you have to add a bit for shipping and handling. All in all, it's cheaper than the TryMedia version, and you don't have to wait for when/if TryMedia ever gets a patched version of the game.

Squirminator2k
11 Jan 2005, 17:18
The Sold Out version even comes with the BETA 2 update on the CD, and if you're running XP it advises you to install it. But you can get the more up-to-date updates from wa.team17.com anyway...

Akdor 1154
11 Jan 2005, 23:36
OK, I give in, Sold Out itself is fine.

But that bloody installer... :mad:

bid
13 Jan 2005, 23:10
Any change of adding Wormpot, extra levels and missions from WWP? Also, is the final release (v4.0) going to be an ASPacked executable? I am asking because there are some performance issues with ASPacked excutables.

NeoTOM
13 Jan 2005, 23:14

DEADCODE IS DEAD

LONG LIVE DEADCODE

bonz
13 Jan 2005, 23:51
Any change of adding Wormpot, extra levels and missions from WWP?
talk is, that there is gonna be a "fiddler-like" option system, which means, all the options of the wormpot (and more) should be available!
afaik, missions will come too...

bid
15 Jan 2005, 03:48
Someone should write a new game manual with a Wormapaedia and all wormnet commands as the final patch will make the old manual obsolete.

I'll be happy to help out :)

Reaperz
15 Jan 2005, 04:05
OK, I give in, Sold Out itself is fine.

But that bloody installer... :mad:
Yeah, that is annoying as **** it runs everytime the disk runs, but it looks good :) although it always trys to disconnect me from the internet :(

Akdor 1154
15 Jan 2005, 04:20
OK, DC, when you implement this fully customizable hosting, I'm assuming that your solution will be a little more elegant than simpy hacking the wa.exe file. Therefore, I'm guessing weapon data will be stored in a separate .dll. [Echoing K^2's requests for WFUS and W4] So if the source for this .dll was made public, we would be theoretically unlimited in what we could make :D! If the 'official' sprite editor was released as well, then, well, we would be very happy fans.

This had better happen, becuase we couldn't have Worms 4 being as good as Worms Armageddon, could we? ;)

Run
15 Jan 2005, 09:13
This had better happen, becuase we couldn't have Worms 4 being as good as Worms Armageddon, could we? ;)

I'm in good confidence that that won't happen anyway.

bid
16 Jan 2005, 00:42
I'm just wonder if there has been, or will be, any changes to the bot AI. I'm not expecting the holy grail of all worms games--giving bots the ability to rope as this is not a trivial problem.

Squirminator2k
16 Jan 2005, 11:46
Letting the computer use the Rope is a stupid idea. For starters there are enough Roping Idiots on WormNET as it is, you don't need to go far to play a Roper. However I do think the AI needs tweaking. One of the primary problems we have - and this was made particularly clear during the run-up to Worms 3D - is that the AI doesn't use a wide enough selection of weapons. Grenades, Bazookas, and the Shotgun tends to be the Dish Of The Day, unless you count the Blow Torch on occasion.

Also - and this is something that has been about since the first Worms - the computer seems to think that if it's stuck on one side of the screen and an enemy worm is on the other, it has no problem with constantly using the bazooka to blast through the landscape until it gets lucky.

bloopy
16 Jan 2005, 12:09
Not only the AI Worms, but also the sheep are rather stupid. It probably wouldn't be easy to improve the sheep without affecting the gameplay, but it might be nice if they didn't get stuck so often in the same place jumping over and over again.

Madmaxquinn
16 Jan 2005, 12:16
I disagree [with Squirminator2k]. I think the AI should use the rope, be it to cross a large gap, collect a create or drop a stick of TNT on a group of worms. The biggest problem with the AI is that on level one and two it is completely stupid. On level three and four they use zooks/nades with slightly varying angles or power until they hit the target. On level 5 they are 95% accurate when firing with most weapons. This makes the AI so predictable. It is so each to trick the AI buy using a spare worm as bait. I think the AI needs to be up to the level of W3D and WF:US.

Bottom line: the AI doesn't give enough of a challange; It just isn't fun to play against any more.

Run
16 Jan 2005, 13:50
Not only the AI Worms, but also the sheep are rather stupid.

The sheep can appear to be stupid, but they're following a much more simplified set of mathematical laws governing the interaction between it and the terrain *uses big words*

It's just that the laws were a bit ill-concieved *uses another big word* and could do with touching up. It would certainly be nice if the sheep turned around more often when it came to repetative motion.

Letting the computer use the Rope is a stupid idea. For starters there are enough Roping Idiots on WormNET as it is

The difference is that Roping Idiots are well-known for their OMGWTFBLNOOB character whereas a computer would simply, rope.

bonz
16 Jan 2005, 14:17
turned around more often when it came to repetative motion.
i think this mostly happens on indestructible landscapes with a lot of 90° walls!
on some randomly generated levels with slopes and hills it's not such a problem...

bid
16 Jan 2005, 20:39
I'm just wondering if there is a way to start the frontend in anything other than 640x480.

TonY
16 Jan 2005, 21:14
I'm just wondering if there is a way to start the frontend in anything other than 640x480.

You already posted about this elsewhere. I already answered your question. Go away >:E

Squirminator2k
16 Jan 2005, 22:47
Yes. Play WA on a Laptop.

bloopy
16 Jan 2005, 23:30
The sheep can appear to be stupid, but they're following a much more simplified set of mathematical laws governing the interaction between it and the terrain *uses big words*

It's just that the laws were a bit ill-concieved *uses another big word* and could do with touching up. It would certainly be nice if the sheep turned around more often when it came to repetative motion. So what you're saying is that the programmers were stupid? Just kidding, kind of... :p

SargeMcCluck
16 Jan 2005, 23:40

It's just that the laws were a bit ill-concieved *uses another big word* and could do with touching up. It would certainly be nice if the sheep turned around more often when it came to repetative motion.

*repetitive

If you're going to use big words, SPELL THEM CORRECTLY. ;)

Run
16 Jan 2005, 23:43
I made no promises!

XxDangerxX
18 Jan 2005, 04:45

That would be sweet! But I thought it was 512x384? :confused:

realfoe
18 Jan 2005, 18:11
Not only the AI Worms, but also the sheep are rather stupid. It probably wouldn't be easy to improve the sheep without affecting the gameplay, but it might be nice if they didn't get stuck so often in the same place jumping over and over again.

most sheep i see in life act this way, some people as well .maybe you have smart sheep over at New Zealand none that avoid the chop tho i would guess.

AndrewTaylor
18 Jan 2005, 18:20
most sheep i see in life act this way, some people as well .maybe you have smart sheep over at New Zealand none that avoid the chop tho i would guess.
The sheep in New Zealand aren't ground up and fed to cows, and if they were, odds are the cows wouldn't get brain diseases. It's stuff like that that makes the difference between livestock that walks into stuff and livestock that, well, doesn't.

bid
18 Jan 2005, 20:37
That would be sweet! But I thought it was 512x384? :confused:

I'm pretty sure it is 640x480. The problem with starting the frontend at the same resolution as the game is that you have to have different resolution bitmaps for each available resolution.

One could define a custom action in photoshop and resize the bitmaps in a few seconds.

wccSplintr
18 Jan 2005, 21:00
The sheep in New Zealand aren't ground up and fed to cows, and if they were, odds are the cows wouldn't get brain diseases. It's stuff like that that makes the difference between livestock that walks into stuff and livestock that, well, doesn't.There aren't many exploding sheep either, for that matter :p

bonz
18 Jan 2005, 21:32
There aren't many exploding sheep either
hmm...
here in austria, the first thing a little child is taught, when it starts walking, is to avoid sheep & cows!
especially in rural areas, where there are often large herds of cows!
but also sheep, because you can't tell if they don't put on a red cape or scuba goggles!
farmers get a huge danger money from the european union for their hazardous job!

(skunks & moles, on the other hand, are often are often kept as pets in primary school and kindergarten, because they are not really dangerous!)

Chip
19 Jan 2005, 22:01
There is a perfectly logically explanation why the animals in WA explode like they do, - They spontaneously combust.

bonz
19 Jan 2005, 22:58
There is a perfectly logically explanation why the animals in WA explode like they do, - They spontaneously combust.
it's the methane gas that's building up in their ruminant stomach!
you simply put a fuse in their arschlöcher, light them & kaboom!
(don't know why skunks & moles explode then...)

Patrick_
21 Jan 2005, 22:58
I think I have found a bug in W:A with the latest Beta Patch. Here is the bug:

When playing online, with a user created course, regular game, when someone does not automatically choose where they want to go, the timer runs out, and the CPU automatically chooses, it goes to a million places, X's go all over the screen, etc, for about 30 seconds, then all is ok.

I am almost positive that everyone else playing with me on Wormnet had the latest beta patch. Anyone else have this?

-----

Also. Sometimes, I need to exit W:A via CTRL Alt Delete, which brings me to the Window$ screen, W:A running in the background. Then, when I click the W:A icon, it shows back up, then I get a Window$ error that W:A needs to close.

I have the v3.6.22.1. patch.

NeoTOM
22 Jan 2005, 14:09
I think I have found a bug in W:A with the latest Beta Patch. Here is the bug:

When playing online, with a user created course, regular game, when someone does not automatically choose where they want to go, the timer runs out, and the CPU automatically chooses, it goes to a million places, X's go all over the screen, etc, for about 30 seconds, then all is ok.

I am almost positive that everyone else playing with me on Wormnet had the latest beta patch. Anyone else have this?

-----

Also. Sometimes, I need to exit W:A via CTRL Alt Delete, which brings me to the Window$ screen, W:A running in the background. Then, when I click the W:A icon, it shows back up, then I get a Window$ error that W:A needs to close.

I have the v3.6.22.1. patch.

OMFG T3H DALLOR SGIN ON MS PL0DUCT XDDDDDDDDDddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 11111111101100001 :mad:

Just for that I'm not going to take you seriously ever again. Anway, the comment I came to make:

Apparently, Worms Armageddon has found the fabled Infinite Improbability Drive.

Patrick_
22 Jan 2005, 14:13
OMFG T3H DALLOR SGIN ON MS PL0DUCT XDXDXDXDXD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 11111100100001 :mad:

Just for that I'm not going to take you seriously ever again.

Whoa there... why not? Go to any true computer forum, they all talk about Win and Micro$oft just like that. Nothing wrong with my opinions... besides, they do have money, don't they? I don't think you should judge me on that one comment... your choice. :)

NeoTOM
22 Jan 2005, 14:18
Whoa there... why not? Go to any true computer forum, they all talk about Win and Micro$oft just like that. Nothing wrong with my opinions... besides, they do have money, don't they? I don't think you should judge me on that one comment... your choice. :)

Uh, maybe your little "How do i change that picture back their" G4 forums talk like that, but any forum where the users can edit their registry without a step-by-step walkthrough will look at it as childish and stupid.
Anyway, I'm under the impression Deadcode's in serious trouble. NOBODY's that shut off from the world. Does anyone know if he was married?

Run
22 Jan 2005, 16:08

Because it's a pathetic off-topic stab at Microsoft and everyone knows it. If the thread was "Why Microsoft does or does not suck" then by all means, put it in. But there's no need to shove it around everywhere, reminding people that you disapprove of Microsoft's greed. I don't go around wearing a T-shirt with a list of my opinions on the back.

AndrewTaylor
22 Jan 2005, 16:10
It's the equivalent of things like "gaystation", "gayspy", and so forth. It does your credibility no good at all, and it's a little bit irritating.

Patrick_
22 Jan 2005, 16:55
Uh, maybe your little "How do i change that picture back their" G4 forums talk like that, but any forum where the users can edit their registry without a step-by-step walkthrough will look at it as childish and stupid.
Anyway, I'm under the impression Deadcode's in serious trouble. NOBODY's that shut off from the world. Does anyone know if he was married?

No, it's a geek forum, and just about everyone there talks about Windows like that.. And yes, I can edit the registry without a step by step. That doesn't matter, anyway.

Sorry you guys like Microsoft so much. I mean, I didn't say how much I hated Microsoft, did I? I came here to report a bug... it's a running joke, putting a $ sign with Windows, etc. If you guys have such a problem with me putting a dollar sign with Windows or Microsoft, and you are correcting me for it in a bit of a rude way, I and others will look at you guys as childish and stupid. It was.

Run
22 Jan 2005, 17:22
One might equally argue that using the dollar sign is childish and stupid.

SargeMcCluck
22 Jan 2005, 18:45

It's happened before, once. I'm gonna try and contact him again, and if he doesn't come online soon I'll have to try and do something involving post or the phone. Bah.

Plutonic
22 Jan 2005, 22:31
No, it's a geek forum, and just about everyone there talks about Windows like that..

Good for them, its their forum, they do what they want.

This however is a worms forum, not a geek forum. Here running jokes from other places don't apply. As for the bug, its known.

SargeMcCluck
22 Jan 2005, 22:47
As for the whole Micro$oft thing...

http://www.wwwclan.de/ms.gif (http://www.wwwclan.de/ms.gif) sums that up for me. God bless Penny Arcade.

XxDangerxX
23 Jan 2005, 04:26

We'll have to let Team17 answer this for us.

*gets on knees*
*begs*
TEAM17 STAFF! IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, PLEASE GIVE US THE INFORMATION WE SO SORELY NEED!!!
*bangs head on wall*

Akdor 1154
24 Jan 2005, 02:40
Err... they might have a bit of trouble hearing you, you know, being on the other side of the world and all that ;)

XxDangerxX
24 Jan 2005, 05:12
Har, har.
Justr couldn't resist saying SOMETHING to declare that you live in Australia, could you?
Typical Australians! I've never liked you guys...

Sel, before you put me on the "being watched" list for this post, notice my location to the left of this post.

Akdor 1154
24 Jan 2005, 21:42
Har, har.
Justr couldn't resist saying SOMETHING to declare that you live in Australia, could you?
Typical Australians! I've never liked you guys...

No, I can never resist saying anything that shows people my horrible self-pity ;)

XxDangerxX
27 Jan 2005, 22:07
Okay; DC's been gone. For a while. There hasn't been a patch for heaven knows how long. There are the aforementioned possibilities (*uses big words*) of him being dead and extently being "distracted" by his wife. I say we should all consider the possibility that all this time, he's actually been working full time on the first update with implemented fully customisable hosting. (*uses big words again*) And frankly, I think that's much more likely than the others.

We should have a vote on who believes what. Feel free to add anything to the list. Vote a, b, c, d, or e:

Working on customisable hosting
Dead
RSI from too much computer (given up)
Wife distractions
We bugged him too much and he's abandoned us

Run
27 Jan 2005, 22:14
He was online this morning. I'm not sure whether he's working on the patch or not, I didn't bring it up, but does it matter? Give the guy a break.

XxDangerxX
27 Jan 2005, 22:28
I'm not picking on him or anything. I'm just inventing something to keep the thread going. This thread is about conversation, not just informings about a new patch that's just come out. If it were just that, it would be in the announcements forum. I'm making conversation here. It's a very healthy thing, even if it is just electronic.

Oh; and I vote (a).

Run
27 Jan 2005, 22:31
The thread is a sticky. It's not going to go away. Just let it be dormant for a while. There's nothing to talk about.

Deadcode
28 Jan 2005, 01:14
Yikes! All this speculation about me. The truth is that I simply needed a change of pace. But I'm back now. :)

RastaMahata
28 Jan 2005, 01:25
Yikes! All this speculation about me. The truth is that I simply needed a change of pace. But I'm back now. :)
well, welcome back, I hope you relaxed enough :D

bonz
28 Jan 2005, 03:47
it was cristal-clear for me all along the way:
"WhereverYouGo,ThereYouAre"

now you know what heroism feels like...
(you're a wormdemigod now, i guess :D)

edit:
what about a sound shift from "deadcode" to "that god"? :p

edit (again):
i'm drunk!
cheers!

XxDangerxX
28 Jan 2005, 10:47
What were you doing while we were gone? Go on vacation with your wife? Was the rumor true? Was that a, what you would call, "second honeymoon"? ;)

Seriously now; what were you doing all this time?

Oh I can't stand this any longer!!! We need a pacht!

a ptach!
a pathc

a PATCH!

WITHDRAWALS, I TELL YOU! WITHDRAWALS!!!

Omg, did I just say that?
How rude of me. That's what repelled you from us in the first place! :rolleyes:

*ahem*
Welcome back DC.

Run
28 Jan 2005, 10:49
I don't think we need a patch, but that's just me.

XxDangerxX
28 Jan 2005, 11:00
Cumon! Don't be stupid!

This is, without a doubt, the longest distance of time between 2 patches since Preßeta 3 and the first real ßeta 3.

M3ntal
28 Jan 2005, 13:04
Yikes! All this speculation about me. The truth is that I simply needed a change of pace. But I'm back now. :)Get on MSN!

wccSplintr
28 Jan 2005, 17:31
Hooray! He's back!
Nice to have you back DC, hope you had a nice time wwhatever you were doing.

bid
29 Jan 2005, 02:26

I have an algorithm in mind for making bots rope. Please PM/e-mail me if you are interested.

Run
29 Jan 2005, 08:46
But why would you want to do that?

Chip
29 Jan 2005, 18:46
I came here as fast as I can as soon as I heard that Deadcode was back........................Aw, shoots, he's gone again. Dam!!! Oh well, it's not like I had anything to say after all.

NeoTOM
29 Jan 2005, 20:31

Define "change of pace". :confused:

Run
29 Jan 2005, 20:40
The act, process, or result of altering or modifying the rate of speed at which a person, animal, or group walks or runs.

Patrick_
31 Jan 2005, 17:57
Have I found another bug?

When playing over a LAN, we were playing an intermediate game, Deathmatch set at 15, 200 life points, computer chooses worm position, and I BELIEVE (though not certain) the level was Forest (it had a few trees in the level, and when the ground was destroyed, bones would show), if you throw a petrol bomb, the fire does no damage to the terrain, though the explosion on contact at first does.

wccSplintr
31 Jan 2005, 19:29
Thats is normal, the fire of petrol bomb never does damage, it is supposed to be like that.

beaver2009
31 Jan 2005, 19:32
Thats is normal, the fire of petrol bomb never does damage, it is supposed to be like that.
What are you talking about?
The fire causes the most damage to worms and the landscape!

EDIT
Are you taking about W3?

Run
31 Jan 2005, 19:41
Do you think we're talking about worms 3? Look at the forum name.

The fire of the petrol bomb does not eat the landscape in Worms Armageddon.

beaver2009
31 Jan 2005, 19:45
Do you think we're talking about worms 3? Look at the forum name.No, I thought he had confused it with a W3 thread.The fire of the petrol bomb does not eat the landscape in Worms Armageddon.Really?
I haven't played in a while since my copy was lost and I ended up playing W2 instead.I must have just gotten used to that.
I've found a copy of WA in my local shop and asked hem to hold it for me today so I'll be back in the know(hopefully) soon enough.

Patrick_
31 Jan 2005, 19:48

Ha, I'm so stupid. That's in WWP... :)

Run
31 Jan 2005, 21:13
Mmmm.... I'm not so sure that's true, either. I might be wrong, i'm not expert on WWP, but I don't think petrol bombs have ever eroded the terrain in any 2D game.

Chip
31 Jan 2005, 21:34
Fire remaining on terrain was introduce in WA so Worms 2 had fire that burnt away straight away just like the fire from a flame thrower.

SargeMcCluck
31 Jan 2005, 23:01
Worms 2 fire burnt the terrain and faded away to nothing on that turn, while WA (and WWP) fire burns through the terrain on the turn it is created, but stays there and fades after a random (Before K^2 says anything, shut up, you know what I mean by random ;)) amount of turns. IIRC.

Obviously this is petrol fire, not flamethrower fire.

Run
31 Jan 2005, 23:07
What? No, I'm sure you're mistaken there. Sure of it. That sounds like bollocks.

As far as I'm aware, in WA and WWP (definitely WA though):

1/ Petrol fire does not corrode the terrain, ever.
2/ Each peice of fire starts out as a bright yellow peice of fire on the turn that it is created and in the turn immediately following.
3/ Each peice fades further, one stage, each turn, until disappearing before the sixth turn.
4/ No random concepts are involved in any way whatsoever.
5/ All other fire from any other weapon, corrodes terrain and fades away completely on the turn it is created.

Am I wrong? I'm sure I'm not wrong.

Edit: Having just tested, it's exactly the same for WWP.
Edit: Having just tested, the fire of the petrol bomb in W2 acts just as any other fire - corrodes in the turn it is created.

Glenn
31 Jan 2005, 23:51
3/ Each peice fades further, one stage, each turn, until disappearing before the sixth turn.
Not exactly true. Fires will go out faster if worms step on them (and of course, bounce around in them). Flames can be re-strengthened (and moved) by detonating an explosive next to them. So there is a bit of "randomness" involved in petrols.

Run
1 Feb 2005, 00:09
Pedant. ;) I'm essentially right and you know it :P

SargeMcCluck
1 Feb 2005, 17:57
What? No, I'm sure you're mistaken there. Sure of it. That sounds like bollocks.

As far as I'm aware, in WA and WWP (definitely WA though):

1/ Petrol fire does not corrode the terrain, ever.
2/ Each peice of fire starts out as a bright yellow peice of fire on the turn that it is created and in the turn immediately following.
5/ All other fire from any other weapon, corrodes terrain and fades away completely on the turn it is created.

Am I wrong? I'm sure I'm not wrong.

Edit: Having just tested, it's exactly the same for WWP.
Edit: Having just tested, the fire of the petrol bomb in W2 acts just as any other fire - corrodes in the turn it is created.

You're right on everything except the randomness.

See the attachment (For Red and Blue's FIRST throw, the fire disappears totally *after* they've taken a turn. For Blue's FOURTH throw, the fire disappears totally at the *start* of Blue's own go. So they take different amounts of time to disappear. So random. So yes.)

And after partial gloating on MSN with Run we worked out he thought I meant different parts of the same petrol bomb throw disappear randomly, when I meant that each throw has a random amount of turns to live. So STUFF.

NeoTOM
3 Feb 2005, 22:52
So... now that Deadcode's back, would it be possible to get a status update on V4? I'm shaking with withdrawal. Fantasizing about cutting my legs off and such.

bonz
3 Feb 2005, 22:59
Fantasizing about cutting my legs off
oh, you still have them? :p

sc7es
4 Feb 2005, 05:32
oh, you still have them? :p
DEADCODE, PLEASE, TELL US WHAT IS THE RELEASE DATE OF WA PATCH 4.0 ??? :eek: :eek:

XxDangerxX
4 Feb 2005, 06:04
Years from now.

DEADCODE PLEASE TELL US THE RELEASE DATE OF THGE NEXT UPDATE

Speaking of which, I have slight suggestion.
When playing today, I had collected a double damage and thrown a dynamite. the hole was bigger than the Donkey's, but it only displayed the circle/elipse75.spr. Could you get that to display circle/elipse100.spr please?

Also, do you think you could make an estimate of when the very first update with customisable hosting will be?

SargeMcCluck
4 Feb 2005, 14:21
He doesn't think "Right, in exactly 3 weeks, two days, one hour and twenty seven minutes I will have finished the next update".

He does the update and releases it when it's ready.

So, the next update will be out when it's ready.

Run
4 Feb 2005, 14:38
Schtop!! You can't rush these thingsh. The patch, it ish not ready yet...

Hosma293
4 Feb 2005, 16:19
Sorry if this has been suggested before, but we need to be able to change the water color! When I first saw w:a it was at a friends house and he could change the water color on his version, and make the replay slomo like it was in v3 and have a seperate freeze frame button :( A mission editor would be good to :)

Run
4 Feb 2005, 17:38
we need to be able to change the water color!

......why?

MrBunsy
4 Feb 2005, 17:41
Becasue you can on the PS version. And its not fair that they should get an option we don't.

Run
4 Feb 2005, 17:56
Oh, well, in that case, maybe Deadcode should remove all the extra features we've had so far because it's not fair that we should get options that they don't.

SargeMcCluck
4 Feb 2005, 18:04
Sorry if this has been suggested before, but we need to be able to change the water color! When I first saw w:a it was at a friends house and he could change the water color on his version, and make the replay slomo like it was in v3 and have a seperate freeze frame button :( A mission editor would be good to :)

Slow mo is doable.

Shift + 2 = slow motion. Shift + 3 = slower. And so on. It says so in the readme.

Run
4 Feb 2005, 18:05
But I'm guessing we didn't read the ReadMe, did we Hosma?

MrBunsy
4 Feb 2005, 18:12
Oh, well, in that case, maybe Deadcode should remove all the extra features we've had so far because it's not fair that we should get options that they don't.
Who cares what console users get?

They bought something they can't patch, their loss.

Run
4 Feb 2005, 18:18
And you bought a PC version that stands a good chance of not getting the option to change the water colour. Your loss.

NeoTOM
4 Feb 2005, 20:45
He doesn't think "Right, in exactly 3 weeks, two days, one hour and twenty seven minutes I will have finished the next update".

Im just asking, will it be ready within the next three months or so. After all, it's been a WHOLE DAMNED YEAR since he announced it, I'm figuring he would have a midway-decent idea of the what's been done to what needs to be done ratio.

SargeMcCluck
4 Feb 2005, 21:08
He adds new stuff quite a bit. A lot of the current features he had not thought about originally.

JayP
4 Feb 2005, 21:36
He adds new stuff quite a bit. A lot of the current features he had not thought about originally.

Any thoughts of when the release of the new patch will be? :)

Evil Bunny
4 Feb 2005, 23:07
i'm kinda abree with tom here, deadcode could be a bit more informative about what's happening.

JayP
4 Feb 2005, 23:09
Just a suggestion I was wondering is there anyway Wa could be modified to run in a window...?

Glenn
4 Feb 2005, 23:35
There's some rendering problem with direct X, it doesn't like being run in anything other than a full screen. :confused:

Hosma293
5 Feb 2005, 00:27
But I'm guessing we didn't read the ReadMe, did we Hosma?

I usually read the readmes when I get progs but for some reason I didn't read the WA one, I don't remember why though. I'll read it now :)

XxDangerxX
5 Feb 2005, 04:54

Reread my post, please.

I said ESTIMATE, not EXACTLY!

MrBunsy
5 Feb 2005, 09:21
And you bought a PC version that stands a good chance of not getting the option to change the water colour. Your loss.
Ah, but we have the possibility of the option now, don't we?

Run
5 Feb 2005, 09:54
Well yes.

To be honest I have nothing against the option, it probably doesn't cost anything in terms of time in programming, but the statement "we need this option" is stupid. We don't need it at all. It's a graphical thing.

wccSplintr
5 Feb 2005, 11:14
Deadcode, just wondering if you had checked the thread about teleporter range and if you have decided to implement it at any time?

SargeMcCluck
5 Feb 2005, 13:29
Reread my post, please.

I said ESTIMATE, not EXACTLY!

And if you used that orb atop your shoulders you'd realise that he has absolutely NO idea.

And you didn't.

You said DEADCODE PLEASE TELL US THE RELEASE DATE OF THGE NEXT UPDATE

Not "Tell us an estimate of", but "Tell us the".

And here's an estimate, and for 4.0 you won't get a better one than this:
More than a millisecond away.
Before Deadcode dies.

There.

Chip
5 Feb 2005, 20:17
I've just rememberd a suggestion that I've always wanted on WA and most games, And this is :
An ingame clock that displays the time, Not round time, not turn time, not how long the thing has been running for but a proper clock that runs from your computer's clock. SO you know the time with a quick glance. I've always wanted this because sometimes on WA My matches go on for a long time and I have multiple rounds. And because I continue playing through like this I am never aweare of the time and miss things.

Well I think it could be a handy feature.

I bet someone is going to say "Get a watch".

Glenn
5 Feb 2005, 20:51
No, I'm not going to say get a watch. I'm going to say get a clock and hang it over your computer. A big clock, so it stands out and you can't miss it.
Either that, or minimize the game and check the clock in the systray.

skîm
5 Feb 2005, 21:54
[QUOTE=Deadcode]I've been working incredibly hard on the Worms Armageddon patch. It's really an amazing feeling, after such a long break... For the past couple months I've been more inspired than ever! I've very much been following my intuition in choosing which parts to work on, and what to aim for.

Man i really apreciate your work!!! keep it goin and here are some sugesstions too:

first of all pls pls pls make that files maps have capacity for more quality images like 24 bits ! PLS

make the pacth with more quantity of missions (or customizable missions were we can make our own ones). The most important part (I think =P) the <<< Internet Game Playing >>> this part should be modified so that when a player starts, for his first time, an internet game he should be able to pick a team before starting and each team had zero experience points and level zero (because it was his first time) and these experience points would rise or lower according to this player’s performance against others, if he wins or loses, and evolve from level 0 (zero) to level 1 (one) after an amount of experience points is reached, and when that happens the worms from that team evolved also from a weaker form they had previously in level 0 (zero) to a stronger looking form (with muscles and all that stuff) when in level 1 (one) etc… and the HP and the damage they take with weapons should be higher as their level gets higher.

and the new colors that are available in the latest pacth (22.1) should stay after we get out the game and enter it again. cuze when we do that we have to put the new colors again the option menu.
THX!!! i hope u consider my suggestions!

Good luck with the work! Team 17 pls support him!

P.S. when worms hit the roof even they hit it very slowly they lose their turn could you remove that pls THX

Guy_From_I
6 Feb 2005, 00:41
I bet someone is going to say "Get a watch".Get a watch. :)

I've just rememberd a suggestion that I've always wanted on WA and most games, And this is :
An ingame clock that displays the time, Not round time, not turn time, not how long the thing has been running for but a proper clock that runs from your computer's clock. SO you know the time with a quick glance.Not a bad idea. Perhaps in the Esc menu?

XxDangerxX
6 Feb 2005, 04:34
I agree! The clock is among all the others that were good suggestions. It should be put in. Definitely.

this part should be modified so that when a player starts, for his first time, an internet game he should be able to pick a team before starting and each team had zero experience points and level zero (because it was his first time) and these experience points would rise or lower according to this player’s performance against others, if he wins or loses, and evolve from level 0 (zero) to level 1 (one) after an amount of experience points is reached, and when that happens the worms from that team evolved also from a weaker form they had previously in level 0 (zero) to a stronger looking form (with muscles and all that stuff) when in level 1 (one) etc… and the HP and the damage they take with weapons should be higher as their level gets higher.

Skîm, I think you've been watching too much Pokémon. Don't get me wrong! I was addicted in the big craze of 1997-2001 (or earlier), but I haven't thought of it's concepts being implemented in W: A.

Xenesis
6 Feb 2005, 05:45
Well yes.

To be honest I have nothing against the option, it probably doesn't cost anything in terms of time in programming, but the statement "we need this option" is stupid. We don't need it at all. It's a graphical thing.

I still remember the fun I had in the Worms 2 days with Jon Skeet's water colour creator. That thing was so cool. I remember making black water, that looked like it was filled with oil, and water that was like permanently nuke coloured. I also made some other bizzare colour combos. All good fun.

It's not necessary, but as far as I know, it's already built into the game, plus it allows for a lot of charming touches depending on the maps, and a bit of variety never hurts.

Say you make an evil scientist laboratory terrain or something, wouldn't it be a nice touch to have toxic slime green water to go along with it.

To be honest, I don't see why they removed it in the W2->WA transition. Oh well. *crosses fingers*

Run
6 Feb 2005, 09:08
No, I don't either really. It would have been nice if they used the fire from the original worms, too.

Chip
6 Feb 2005, 10:32
It would have been nice if the alternitives to water were back because water with the Hell terrain don't seem to really fit togetaher.

skîm
6 Feb 2005, 12:09
I agree! The clock is among all the others that were good suggestions. It should be put in. Definitely.

Skîm, I think you've been watching too much Pokémon. Don't get me wrong! I was addicted in the big craze of 1997-2001 (or earlier), but I haven't thought of it's concepts being implemented in W: A.

Lol... i didn't think that way when I porpused that ( pokemon! lol) but it is kinda true it is similar to pokemon but that wasn't my intention... Take a look at this site: www.muonline.com (http://www.muonline.com) so my suggestion was based on this game, it is a rpg game where people start at level 1 and evlove till much greater levels and get more stronger and able to use better weapons and armors and able to kill stronger monsters! take a look! I played that game for too long cuze a loved it!!!

Glenn
6 Feb 2005, 18:33
Generally, every MMORPG in the friggen world is based off that formula, such as RuneScape, Ragnarok, Priston Tale, etc. It's not really an original idea, and it wouldn't work that well with a worms game.

NeoTOM
6 Feb 2005, 19:10
Generally, every MMORPG in the friggen world is based off that formula, such as RuneScape, Ragnarok, Priston Tale, etc. It's not really an original idea, and it wouldn't work that well with a worms game.

Not to mention it sounds to me like it would be just as ICQ-hackable as the original system.

SargeMcCluck
6 Feb 2005, 19:14

And a huge portion of every non-MMO RPGs.

Glenn
6 Feb 2005, 19:26
And a huge portion of every non-MMO RPGs.
Yeah, the only exception to that formula in RPGs is that, generally, you can equip whatever you want regardless of your level.

XxDangerxX
7 Feb 2005, 09:21
It would have been nice if the alternitives to water were back because water with the Hell terrain don't seem to really fit togetaher.

Agreed. So true! This topic has come up a numerous amount of times, but I will forever continue to support it. Just for the record, that exact statement (hell with blue water) has come up before.

The colours are blue, red, yellow, purple and green, right?

If so, I have names for the different colours. Water seems too repetitive.

*ahem:*

Blue - normal water
Red - lava
Yellow - acid
Purple - freezing icy water
Green - poison

:p ;)

SargeMcCluck
7 Feb 2005, 12:13
Yeah, the only exception to that formula in RPGs is that, generally, you can equip whatever you want regardless of your level.

Eh, it's starting to change. NWN and KotOR (and so NWN2 and KotOR2) for example.

realfoe
9 Feb 2005, 22:30
any chance of being able to change brightness in the game ? as if i change it with the graphic colour correction it dosnt do much but make my desktop very bright, but the game seems dark , the darkest bits i cant make out very well.

Akdor 1154
10 Feb 2005, 07:30
If you have an ATI card, d/l the Catalyst Control Centre - you can make a graphics scheme for any program, i.e. 3D settings, that stupid 'smartshader' thing, and gamma/colour/brightness settings.

NVidia probably has something similar.

realfoe
10 Feb 2005, 12:52
yeah i think i tried that when i had a tnt 2 card but the game was still dark, i havnt tried with the nvidia 5600 because i thought i would just be wasting my time ,but i will try it.

Patrick_
13 Feb 2005, 16:15
Can we also be able to play songs while playing Worms? Whenever I do it, either Winamp or WMP, the colors get screwed.

Also, how about an in-game chat profanity filter? :)

bonz
13 Feb 2005, 16:25
Can we also be able to play songs while playing Worms? Whenever I do it, either Winamp or WMP, the colors get screwed.
winamp in the background works fine for me!
and i can convieniently control it with the special buttons on my keyboard!
Also, how about an in-game chat profanity filter?
you could press ctrl+F keys to ignore a specific user

skîm
13 Feb 2005, 18:39
Hey and when does the patch come out? I cant wait to download it and try it out! xD

TonY
13 Feb 2005, 18:45
That doesn't happen to most people. Make sure they're fully minimized before you run W:A.

Also, how about an in-game chat profanity filter? :)

CTRL + { F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7... }

XxDangerxX
14 Feb 2005, 01:47
No no no no no no!

That completely blocks out everything the person says! What if you want to see what one says, but you don't want to see that occasional swearword? What Patrick_ means is that we should have asterisks to filter words like we have in the menus.

There should be able to have more than 6 teams. You don't have to be different colours.

TonY
14 Feb 2005, 02:00
I was just saying that if a person is so vulgar that he couldn't stand it he could just ignore them.

Madmaxquinn
14 Feb 2005, 08:12
I've seen other games replace common swear words, sayings, abbreviations and such with funny words or phrases.

Squirminator2k
14 Feb 2005, 08:14
There is a Swear Filter in WA already.

bonz
14 Feb 2005, 08:14
such swearword filters are [suprisingly] easy to circumvent, thus useless!
(also, there are lots of languages that deadcode doesn't speak & write...)

more than six teams?
phew! you'd have immensly long waiting times between your turns!

JayP
14 Feb 2005, 23:41
more than six teams?
phew! you'd have immensly long waiting times between your turns!

Aye that you would... but you know what might be cool? If someone could enter in one team and share that team with another wormer! So you could have 2 people playing with 1 team that would be madness

XxDangerxX
15 Feb 2005, 05:02
What if there were four players and you wanted 2 teams each?

One more thing. Click this link : *linkage (http://forum.team17.co.uk/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&t=7340)*

beaver2009
15 Feb 2005, 11:37
What if there were four players and you wanted 2 teams each?

One more thing. Click this link : *linkage (http://forum.team17.co.uk/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&t=7340)*
Why?
It just subscibes me to "wormsarmgeddon.team17.com"

Run
15 Feb 2005, 12:18
It's so that you get an e-mail when a new patch comes out. I suppose it's useful if you don't check the forum every day.

Devolution
15 Feb 2005, 12:29
Hey Dudes, (sorry for my english, i'm french, i would like to know when the new patch 'll be released ???
Damn i can't w8 anymore lol.Deadcode, can you makes some front ends for wa ?? no i joke ;) (or maybe not)

Run
15 Feb 2005, 12:31
Nobody knows when the next patch will be released. But I imagine it will contain a lot of new stuff.

Alternative frontends already exist and can be made without the need for patches, as far as I'm aware. Dunno about that much though.

Devolution
15 Feb 2005, 12:39
For front-ends, i downloaded the symphonic one, but joe tbh website is down :'( :eek:
can you give me a link with this frontend ? or an another it's cool too.. ? Thx for reply

Evil Bunny
15 Feb 2005, 13:33
i think they are on RR kit (see google). You can easilly make frontends... well not easilly, you gotta know some stuff about palets. Might make one myself one of these days, just need a good theme idea. Things that have been done up to know with frontends i've seen isn't too complex, there's alot of stuff that can still be done with them.

Devolution
15 Feb 2005, 21:47
Yes thx tat's good :)

If you want, we can make one front-end together :) i'm not bad in design ... for the palette it's ok, i could explain you.

Evil Bunny
16 Feb 2005, 10:05
lol, i know how to work the palets now, it's just a ***** to edit them all.

Devolution
17 Feb 2005, 12:07
Lol man, i give you my solution : (if you use photoshop) open the orginal file from worms graphics folder,and create a new bipmat in RVB with the same image size.After make you're picture, merge all layers, select all, copy all ctrl+A ; Ctrl+C and go to the original image, select all ctrl+A and delete all and Paste Ctrl+V

Photoshop automatically transform you're picture with coulors palete from worms , Save it and enjoy...

Sorry i only use photoshop so i don't know an another way to do this with anothers programs
:D Cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
(sorry for my english but i think that you can understand) lol :o

Chip
17 Feb 2005, 22:45
Lol man, i give you my solution : (if you use photoshop) open the orginal file from worms graphics folder,and create a new bipmat in RVB with the same image size.After make you're picture, merge all layers, select all, copy all ctrl+A ; Ctrl+C and go to the original image, select all ctrl+A and delete all and Paste Ctrl+V

Photoshop automatically transform you're picture with coulors palete from worms , Save it and enjoy...

Sorry i only use photoshop so i don't know an another way to do this with anothers programs
Cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
(sorry for my english but i think that you can understand) lol

Who here understands Spanish?

nah just kidding, understood it with relative ease.

Akdor 1154
19 Feb 2005, 00:19
Hmm... wouldn't it be indexed colour? RGB (;)) doesn't use a set palette, AFAIK. :confused:

Devolution
19 Feb 2005, 12:55
erf no, there is a palete :( I have ever try to make a front end in RGB and the picture bug.
But now i have over my own front end! 6 hours of work lol :p

Evil Bunny
19 Feb 2005, 16:23
i've been working on editing the intro of worms with my own palet, found a bug in the intro. If you look closely, when the nukepulse starts beating the mushroomcloud is already visible in the background of it. It's a little thing you tend not to see, but when the background colour changes from black to light blue like in my version it's surtainly very visible... not sure how i'm going to get around that... maybe gonna have to redesign the worms logo so it doesn't have holes in it.

Chip
19 Feb 2005, 16:36
Is the intro of the game really that important?
I would rather spend my drawing skills on makeing new terrains. Like I did once, but then my computer got screwed and I lost it.

Patrick_
19 Feb 2005, 22:29
Deadcode:

I believe I've found a bug. When in the map "Yoshis Island" and playing a shoppa game, and you are wedged right in the center of two terrain things... image here: http://thepcelement.com/hardware/yoshiisland.png

The area I am talking about is in red. When a worm is wedged in there and shoots out a ninja rope to the ground to the right, it makes a sound and reaches that area, but it does not stay there, it comes back as if it didn't.

Run
19 Feb 2005, 23:11
That always happens. If you're too close to terrain when you shoot the rope, it doesn't attach.

Deadcode
20 Feb 2005, 02:36
I seem to remember ropes sometimes reaching a target some distance away and refusing to connect. Patrick, if this is what you're talking about, a replay would be helpful. I don't understand your red lines.

Madmaxquinn
20 Feb 2005, 09:57
I would like to have the option of having the game pause after each go in hot seat games/non-Internet games*

This would be useful for tea breaks and/or when turn delay settings are too short.

It would be nice if such an option could be turned on or off in game by the host

*wouldn't pause on the AI's turn

Run
20 Feb 2005, 10:14
Press Escape. Doesn't that pause the game?

Oh I see what you mean. Pause it just before your go.... hmmm.... maybe

Evil Bunny
20 Feb 2005, 12:22
ermm, what for, just press escape, it'll pause, why bother making 2 pause functions :S