PDA

View Full Version : W:A 4.0 Beta Update

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

realfoe
23 Apr 2004, 17:56
I would like an option where only one crate apears on the landcape at a time when you pick up that one another apears, but you can only use the last crate you pick up so u have no stock pile, except say set weapons chutes ropes or whatever, that way if you get a bad weapon you can see whats in the next crate.

it would also be nice if earth quake even tho its a bit of a noob weapon would be good if little after shocks continued random like a few turns after just like what hapens in the uk all the time.

Run
23 Apr 2004, 21:28
Having stupid unneccessary options clutters and ruint the fun simplicity of worms go play worms2 (U nooB ;) )

Aha! Good point. Too much variability is a bad thing, since people end up getting unpleasant surprises in the game. But i think boobytrapped crates isn't really that variable, just an on/off option which makes it considerably easier to cope with and decide whether a game is playable or not. Also it has an obvious effect on gameplay, sometimes other options have different effects depending on the game type and weapons etc etc.

XxDangerxX
24 Apr 2004, 04:24
More Requests:
[BUGFIX] : Voicebank/Fanfare Confusion - When I play a game, this appears to be random, but anyway, this is a weird and annoying bug. Basically, sometimes, instead of playing a certain sound file it plays the equivalent file, but from the default settings.
Example 1: I like hearing the fanfare that plays when I win. That's the reason I chose it. It's like a reward for winning. The fanfare is royalty.wav, but it plays Australia.wav instead.

Example 2: My CPU Teams that just came with the installation have gone through a little bit of editing. I have changed the voicebanks and fanfares to correspond with the teams' respective intelligence levels. For CPU1 I set it to Kidz and Kidz Street.wav; CPU2: Cad and Baroque.wav, CPU3: Australian and Australia.wav, CPU4: Drill Seargeant and The Cavalry.wav, and CPU5: Jock and Warcry.wav. But anyway, I was playing recently with my main team and the 5 CPU teams, and when a CPU2 worm died, it played the Australian ohdear.wav when it was supposed to play the Cad oh dear.wav. I would really like this fixed please.
[BUGFIX] : Support crate spy on wormnet when it isn't even your turn
An option to have indestructable land EXCEPT with use of Blowtorch, Pneumatic Drill, and Firepunch
Select worm even at sudden death
And I don't mind not getting coloured waters if we do get custom colours for teams. That would be so cool! SHIFT+click on the colour box to bring up a custom colour window...

I will post the images for my ideas tomorrow, if not even later today.

Cheers!

EDIT: Here you go. Suggestion: Look at the .gifs first.

Sn!perWorm
24 Apr 2004, 19:06
My requests:
"Half-artillery" option.You will be able to select how many pixels away from himself Worm can move.In-game you'll see red border.
Bottom border only.Simply,Worms will stay in border instead of sinking.
Booby traps.But how?Simply,they'll look like normal crates,but will make suspicious things,like falling on mines,on other crates,in the edge of a cliff etc.

PS.Will camera lock be implemented:D?
EDIT:custom team colors?THAT WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!
In the school today,I made a new idea:D:
Option to select power and fire direction when on the rope!But make it an OPTION.And how doI think to make it?Just pressing a button(maybe backspace) will make the direction selection(wow;) ) active.Then you can fire,BOOM! and do what do you want.That will be especially good in big wind with bazooka and with animal weapons(one time I'd thrown mad cows in all direction and all missed).

Keeper
30 Apr 2004, 07:48
[QUOTE=XxDangerxX]
[BUGFIX] : Support crate spy on wormnet when it isn't even your turn
An option to have indestructable land EXCEPT with use of Blowtorch, Pneumatic Drill, and Firepunch
Select worm even at sudden death[/list]
And I don't mind not getting coloured waters if we do get custom colours for teams. That would be so cool! SHIFT+click on the colour box to bring up a custom colour window...
QUOTE]

With Fiddler, you were able to have selct worm after sudden death. You can also set infinate select worms. if you have full wormage.

Indestructable land.. except for blowtorch.......... Your talking about redesing the way the game works man.

Suport cr8 spy when not your turn.. that I have to go with.. if you nabbed a cr8 spy then you should be able to use it all the time.

The Default sound banks are there for a reason.. I would think that it is default, in case there is a glitch.. like an error finding the corect sound file.. but I don't honestly know.

The Water Debate____________________________________________ ______________________

Hmm interesting...
Mud slinging and all....

There is nothing wrong with having multi colored waters. I personaly like the idea of red water in a hell level. or in a cavern. Again, Fiddler let you change the water color. red, purple, green, yellow, and blue. It would be a nice addition.

If you don't like it.. host your own games and don't use it. If you have to insult me for my oppinion.. then e-mail my complaint Addy... keeper_additudepropblem@Ihavenothingbetertodothena nnytpeople.org. You will recieve an auto responce telling you exactly what i think of your insults.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Obviously there is still the rope bug...(auto disconect)

And finaly, is there any way to allow rope knocking, mine kicking on a netwok game. I know that this is only on the server, so I was wondering if it can be added as a game option.

Some of the games I have been playing use my PC like a server... Jedi Knight Outcast, Alice, Undying. The utilize a different game engine, but can worms do the same. Set up in a fashon that you can alow rope knocking. (if you can add TCP/IP network games Via internet.. i don't see why not. The host of the game acts a server anyway...)

Thanks DC,
Later,
Keeper

XxDangerxX
1 May 2004, 09:07
With Fiddler, you were able to have selct worm after sudden death. You can also set infinate select worms. if you have full wormage.

I do have The Fiddler, AND KNOW THE FULL POTENTIAL OF IT AND EVERY OPTION IN IT and am (was) obsessed with it, so unless you are directing an explanation involving it, then don't bring it up. But no hard feelings in case that's what it sounds like.:)

Indestructable land.. except for blowtorch.......... Your talking about redesing the way the game works man.

I didn't think it would be too hard, would it? It actually sounds quite easy! And TRUST ME... with the way I am, if I thought it was hard, I would at least acknowledge that it would be hard.

The Default sound banks are there for a reason.. I would think that it is default, in case there is a glitch.. like an error finding the corect sound file.. but I don't honestly know.

Well actually, I noticed that Australian is called ohdear.wav but cad is oh dear.wav the space could make all the difference. So I'm figuring, that when he corrected that sound bank problem in v3.6.19.7 he didn't quite do it properly. When I played the file, I also realised that I'd never heard it before in my life. Which means it's definately that problem in the above typed version.

If you don't like it.. host your own games and don't use it. If you have to insult me for my oppinion.. then e-mail my complaint Addy... keeper_additudepropblem@Ihavenothingbetertodothena nnytpeople.org. You will recieve an auto responce telling you exactly what i think of your insults.

lol nice!

Obviously there is still the rope bug...(auto disconect)

[SIMPSONS IMITATION] Ooohoohoohoohooooooew!

And finaly, is there any way to allow rope knocking, mine kicking on a netwok game. I know that this is only on the server, so I was wondering if it can be added as a game option.

Well, all the server does is 'program' the game to do certain things. Much like the computer registry. It tells windows to view your computer in "this manner" or "that manner" the server just does the same thing with worms. But the server isn't as 'powerful' as the actual game. So just as there is a program to edit the registry, there can be an option to edit those advanced options online. So I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

realfoe
1 May 2004, 17:03
i dont know if this has been asked before it probly has, but would it be posible for the game to save the game when someone disconects so we can continue same hp same weapon and all.

Pioneer322
1 May 2004, 19:18
...No
That would be to much for something that needs more attention then features... bugs.

realfoe
1 May 2004, 19:35
...No
That would be to much for something that needs more attention then features... bugs.
it may help when ranks come out and people have disconected or say they have or if they must eat just when your going to kill his/her/things last worm (<< that bugs me..)you could always say continue some other time good buddy go eat.

XxDangerxX
2 May 2004, 09:34
...No

Please don't bring this up. If we see a bug, well tell you okay?

And realfoe, that's a great idea!:D Manually continuing .WAgames. I think when it detects a quit that isn't at the 'true' end of the match, it comes up with a message saying: "In this game, the user had quitted manually at this point. Do you want to:
Quit and return to Windows/Longhorn
Continue playing

And if 2. is selected, then another message comes up saying:
As you are playing, do you want to:
Record input as gameplay is carried on
Retain current data and leave the replay as is

MadEwokHerd
2 May 2004, 14:05
This seems very similar to the idea of interrupting/playing from the middle of replays. In fact, I think it's exactly the same thing except you guys want to make it more complicated.

realfoe
2 May 2004, 18:12
maybe also when the ranks come back ,if someone has alot of unfinished games his ranks should freeze until he gets to say 3 online saved games still to play ,but if one of the saved games people hasnt been on wormnet in 2 weeks maybe the game shouldnt be included in the ranks.tho i dont know how hard this would be to do,i be just a humble elite bad player.

XxDangerxX
3 May 2004, 03:08
And when you press escape, MadEwokHerd, there will be another option: "Interrupt Game" and there will be a message saying: Are you sure? just like the quit game, force sudden death, draw round options.

And if you click yes, another box will drop below the yes/no box and it will say: Do you want to record the input as you play, or do you want to retain the current data? And the options will be: Record/Retain.

And if you click record, yet ANOTHER box will drop below it saying: Do you want to start recording on a new file, or record on the the end of the current file? And the options will be: New/Same.

BetongÅsna
3 May 2004, 03:12
And when you press escape, MadEwokHerd, there will be another option: "Interrupt Game" and there will be a message saying: Are you sure? just like the quit game, force sudden death, draw round options.

And if you click yes, another box will drop below the yes/no box and it will say: Do you want to record the input as you play, or do you want to retain the current data? And the options will be: Record/Retain.

And if you click record, yet ANOTHER box will drop below it saying: Do you want to start recording on a new file, or record on the the end of the current file? And the options will be: New/Same.
Aye, lets not fix what ain't broken

Chip
3 May 2004, 10:17
When will this new beta patch be ready and where will I be able to download it from.
Will it be on the Team 17 website or will it be scattered over people's web pages such as www.wormms3d.net

The main thing why I have taken a likeing to this patch is that it can support fiddler schemes. I've tryed many ways to get the fiddler working which invovled getting silkworm and anti-silk, which didn't work in the end.

PsyDome
3 May 2004, 10:35

one answer: no.

BetongÅsna
3 May 2004, 11:31
one answer: no.
I think he may have been joking.

XxDangerxX
3 May 2004, 12:37
I was half joking. But then again, on the other hand I was half serious. It would be interesting to see that. But I still like the idea of, um, you know; realfoe's idea.

realfoe
3 May 2004, 13:11
ok forget saved games for online play and just make the map area bigger and we will call it quits

BetongÅsna
3 May 2004, 16:18
ok forget saved games for online play and just make the map area bigger and we will call it quits
Sounds fair

MadEwokHerd
3 May 2004, 20:32

As I said, same idea, needlessly more complicated. If you can "resume" from game recordings, none of this is necessary.

XxDangerxX
4 May 2004, 06:43
Hey DeadCode m8; a progress report, maybe? When'll we be getting the latest patch past .19?...

Squirminator2k
4 May 2004, 09:13
I wopuldn't be surprised if Deadcode has abandoned this thread, considering some of the junk that's been posted here. Just let him get on with it.

realfoe
4 May 2004, 16:01
yeah how much more of this can one man take ,stop it you fools before its tooo late.
ok my name has been on as the last posterer now for to long im starting to feel like im on show.
and this thread has stoped getting the attention it so rightly deserves as started by a hero of wa.

Sn!perWorm
6 May 2004, 12:39
I have one tink to all people who say"this was in fiddler,we don't want it".FIDDLER DOESN'T WORK WITH BETA UPDATES!!!AND NOT EVERYONE HAS IT!!!

Akdor 1154
9 May 2004, 04:33
Oookay - one request. Just one.
Scary.

Anyways, since I ahven't heard otherwise, I'm assuming DC is continuing with his plan to incorporate a Fiddler-esque option scheme format. Now, this would probably be totaly dumb, be anyway, would it be possible to change the way the game works so that the Max Damage from an explosion and the Explosion Size are separate values? This would allow much more innovation with the Fiddler-esque scheme thingy.

Thanks;
Akdor

P.S. Sorry about my absence, a network socket died and I wasn't allowed on Dad's PC... long story.

Gerk
9 May 2004, 09:32
Well, since apparently WA 4.0 will support multiplayer missions, I actually don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to incorporate a quick "mission" save in the form of an interrupted game. But I'm not programming, and I kinda don't care either way.

If I had to make a OMG DEADCODE U ARE MY SLAEV suggestion, it would be to be able to use a custom soundtrack in-game. I liked Worms 2's music. :(

Sn!perWorm
9 May 2004, 10:31
Erm...In WWP we have "using a weapon doesn't end turn" mode.I have a request to get it to WA-but not only this.I have few types of game:
Good 'n' quick-normal mode.Limited turn time,only one shot per turn.(like now)
Aim long,aim true-unlimited turn time,but still only one shot.
BANG,BANG,BANG!-limited turn time,but you can shoot as many times as you want.
Must hurt-no time or fired shots limit.You shoot as long,as you'll hurt any Worm(even yours).
I also have request to create"no loss of control" mode.Just you don't lose control over your Worm if you'll get hurt or fall.
Ah-and I want to DON'T short turn time in BANG BANG BANG! mode,like in WWP.If I'll want 10 seconds,I'll select it.

zog
9 May 2004, 10:55
so you want wormpot, basically - apart from th at last one, which sounds like an interesting addition to wormpot :)

Sn!perWorm
9 May 2004, 11:36
so you want wormpot, basically - apart from th at last one, which sounds like an interesting addition to wormpot :)
Not Wormpot,but it's expanded particular function.And Must Hurt mode isn't my idea,BTW.Worm Up made it first,in Make-A-Weapon thread for Worms3D(as Wormpot mode).

EDIT:I also have another request(I know,I'm very boring;) ):what about function to select weaponry to EACH team.Not the same to all teams,but to select other for each team.Also,it will be good if we will get function to select more than 9 ammo to the weapon,but not unlimited.Just over ammo line,you'll have line of crates,each crate epresents 10 units of ammo.So,if you'll select 3 crates and 6 ammo-you'll have 36 units of ammo.Good for long,multi-rounded games.

MadEwokHerd
9 May 2004, 13:49
what about function to select weaponry to EACH team.Not the same to all teams,but to select other for each team.
The Fiddler, oddly enough, gave the ability to select weaponry for each color. I would think DC would get it right.

Sn!perWorm
9 May 2004, 13:59
The Fiddler, oddly enough, gave the ability to select weaponry for each color. I would think DC would get it right.
My answer is few posts above:
FIDDLER DOESN'T WORK WITH BETA UPDATES!!!AND NOT EVERYONE HAS IT!!!
EDIT:I have another,very easy now,request:ability to group .bit and .png terrains in folders,like imported.

xOGCxmoses
9 May 2004, 19:15
EDIT:I have another,very easy now,request:ability to group .bit and .png terrains in folders,like imported.

you tell em' sniper!!! lol at least a couple more times and theyll all get it!

:)

realfoe
9 May 2004, 19:32
im not sure about this but i think they are talking about using a few of the options from fiddler but without using fiddlerer.

edit :i might be wrong.

edit: or i might be more wrong.

quote MadEwokherd
V*sigh* The reason I mentioned fiddler is because, as a general rule, stuff that's in fiddler is a planned feature.V

half a point ?

MadEwokHerd
9 May 2004, 20:41
*sigh* The reason I mentioned fiddler is because, as a general rule, stuff that's in fiddler is a planned feature. :p

PsyDome
9 May 2004, 21:09
when (if) w:a is updated with fiddlersupport, it WILL work and everyone WILL have it (if they don't have it, it's their loss)

BetongÅsna
10 May 2004, 00:32
And it's Fudge Boy's perogative, before anyone goes slagging Team17.

DBM
10 May 2004, 01:11
hey....deadcode...release the battyrope patch soon pleeeeaaaaaasssssee...thanks..

Keeper
13 May 2004, 03:14
i agree with squirminator.. does any one give though to what they're posting? Some of the idea's in this thread aren't worthy of my PC's recycle bin.

Realfoe:
I too would like to see slightly bigger map areas.. especialy for rring and shopping maps. BnG's might get a bit long.
But i would like to see the maps maybe somewhere in the area of 1350 pixels by what ever is proportinate to 1920 X 696. I do believe that would make things interesting.

Features: i love the ability to create a cavern, the way that you do now. I love pulling maps fom the replays.

Here is something that seems to me like a good idea. Obviously i have to download a map from the host everytime i join a game. But i have dial up... downloading anything sux. Is it possable to cache maps directly to the savedlevels directory, or import folder if nessicary. Perhaps transfereing some type of header information that isentifies the map. then my copy of worms will load the apriprate map if i have it?

i ahven't come across 2 maps of the same title yet.. so i don'tt think that'll be a problem.

Thanks DC,
Later,
Keeper

Plutonic
13 May 2004, 13:29
just because u havent seen one doesnt make much difference - some people rename the maps....

realfoe
13 May 2004, 17:14
could it look at the file type and size aswell as the name to load the map and if you havnt got it download from the fastest connection.

edit me/ looks 2 posts down and ask can we all download from moses

Sn!perWorm
13 May 2004, 20:18
when (if) w:a is updated with fiddlersupport, it WILL work and everyone WILL have it (if they don't have it, it's their loss)
You have forgotten about poor modem users(I don't talk about me).

xOGCxmoses
14 May 2004, 16:19
You have forgotten about poor modem users(I don't talk about me).

everyone should have a t3 like me! :p lol

no lag...great upload and especially donwload speeds!

*sigh* :rolleyes: but i guess thats not a reallity for at least 5-10 years....so until then we must deal with the laggers.

lol ;)

realfoe
14 May 2004, 21:51
you tell that to British telecom and I am sure they will update all the exchanges before we could say ,hmm I want one of those.

Sn!perWorm
15 May 2004, 08:04
I agree:could you tell us what is/will be implemented and what isn't?I hope custom colours and my camera lock are...;)

XxDangerxX
16 May 2004, 04:21
Wow! someone is actually passionate about one of MY requests! Good on ya SnW!

Right, now; how about this: we give DeadCode 1 week to put a post in this thread, just so we know that he hasn't abandoned it like was mentioned before by someone, and maybe, in one small sentence, tell us where he's up to. If then he fails to do so, we email him, asking what is going on and that we're all worried.

Glenn
16 May 2004, 04:48
I have gotten some tenative information. All I can say is that he is INDEED working on the patch. I've probably said too much already...

Sn!perWorm
16 May 2004, 07:23
Wow! someone is actually passionate about one of MY requests! Good on ya SnW!

Right, now; how about this: we give DeadCode 1 week to put a post in this thread, just so we know that he hasn't abandoned it like was mentioned before by someone, and maybe, in one small sentence, tell us where he's up to. If then he fails to do so, we email him, asking what is going on and that we're all worried.
Eheh,it will be great to set colors myself in-game;).I also have one,little request:in WWP mission editor,when you're browsing the map,Worms are color(look at the attachment).If I'll delete the tags(Delete button) can Worms become color?I want to both don't have some places unable to see and to know whch Worms are from which team.

And I agree with the idea.

canofworms
16 May 2004, 09:09
Does anybody know when it will be up for download?

Sn!perWorm
16 May 2004, 12:53
We are trying to know :-/ .

BetongÅsna
17 May 2004, 01:51
We are trying to know :-/ .
lol at turn of phrase :D

Glenn
17 May 2004, 02:40
Well, I'm can't tell you any of the features of the next patch. But I can tell you that if you're in the right place at the right time on WormNet, you'll be in for a big surprise ;).

BetongÅsna
17 May 2004, 03:07
Well, I'm can't tell you any of the features of the next patch. But I can tell you that if you're in the right place at the right time on WormNet, you'll be in for a big surprise ;).
What's this you say?

Glenn
17 May 2004, 03:57
What's this you say?
Ah, ah, ah, that would be telling. But I will say it is neither a specific time nor a specific place. It will just randomly happen assuming you have a certain person(s) in your game.

BetongÅsna
17 May 2004, 03:59
Ah, ah, ah, that would be telling. But I will say it is neither a specific time nor a specific place. It will just randomly happen assuming you have a certain person(s) in your game.
I'm confused and intrigued.

Sn!perWorm
17 May 2004, 05:52
Erm,Glenn,you're also making the new update,or you just asked DC?;)

I DIDN'T KNEW BETA UPDATE 3.6.19.19 EXISTS!

Squirminator2k
17 May 2004, 08:01
Right. I think we have reached the point where people are just asking for silly things like individually coloured Worms and slide-back sunroof head. When it reaches this point, where people are asking for trivial stupid little things that serve no real purpose, for an Update that is supposed to be fixing bugs and not adding new features (the ones we have recieved are luxuries that, really, we're lucky to have), you have to ask yourself if this thread really serves a real purpose anymore. Therefore I request that moderator lock this thread and save us from more suggestions which will either kill the game or make us want to kill ourselves.

XxDangerxX
17 May 2004, 08:49
No no no!!! That's not what I meant Sn!perWorm! I meant this. In the mutilplayer menu. When you put a team in and select the colour, you can Shift+click on the colour square and a box comes up where you can select a colour.
eg:

Squirminator2k
17 May 2004, 09:09
Why? Why would you need this? Why, in a game when you can have a maxcimum of 6 teams for which 6 colours are provided, would you need additional colours that would, in all honesty, never get used unless the person you are talking to says "MAKE MY TEAM MOAV PLZ :) THNX"? And even then they'd have to be an invalid! You guys are asking for stupid things.

Run
17 May 2004, 11:27
Ignore the stupid suggestions and they won't come back.

Sn!perWorm
17 May 2004, 11:34
No no no!!! That's not what I meant Sn!perWorm! I meant this. In the mutilplayer menu. When you put a team in and select the colour, you can Shift+click on the colour square and a box comes up where you can select a colour.
eg:
I meant other thing.I know what did you mean.In-game you'll be able to change teams' colors to ones which you want.And what did I meant-look below.

S2K,it ISN'T stupid,sometimes tags make some places unable to see,but you don't know which Worms belong to each team.This would resolve both problems.OK?

Squirminator2k
17 May 2004, 12:17
This, I feel is why we were given the DEL key.

Sn!perWorm
17 May 2004, 13:05
This, I feel is why we were given the DEL key.
And that's why I want this feature:p.

PsyDome
17 May 2004, 13:10
sometimes tags make some places unable to see,but you don't know which Worms belong to each team.when has that EVER happened?

Sn!perWorm
17 May 2004, 13:15
when has that EVER happened?
In my case,many times.

PsyDome
17 May 2004, 13:40
In my case,many times.
well, that really didn't come out of the blue

Squirminator2k
17 May 2004, 14:11
I think this is a stupid idea for a feature, and I base this opinion on the fact that none of what Sn!perWorm and Spider have said makes any sense.

Glenn
17 May 2004, 19:46
Erm,Glenn,you're also making the new update,or you just asked DC?;)

I DIDN'T KNEW BETA UPDATE 3.6.19.19 EXISTS!

I'll say this. There are people out there observing people on WormNet with some strange, special powers...
And no, I'm not affiliated with the patch, I just happened to find one of these people...

SargeMcCluck
17 May 2004, 19:49
I'll say this. There are people out there observing people on WormNet with some strange, special powers...
And no, I'm not affiliated with the patch, I just happened to find one of these people...

There's some people *whistles* who've been beta'd for over a year - Dave's always done it, it's nothing too special - It's a beta, and he's getting closed beta testing done before an open beta (as is the usual).

And I hope you're not on about battyropes.

double post edit:

Right. I think we have reached the point where people are just asking for silly things like individually coloured Worms and slide-back sunroof head. When it reaches this point, where people are asking for trivial stupid little things that serve no real purpose, for an Update that is supposed to be fixing bugs and not adding new features (the ones we have recieved are luxuries that, really, we're lucky to have), you have to ask yourself if this thread really serves a real purpose anymore. Therefore I request that moderator lock this thread and save us from more suggestions which will either kill the game or make us want to kill ourselves.

Oh and I just saw this - It's an Update, not a Patch, so by definition all it should add is new features - An Update with new features was promised by Team17 a long time ago.

However I agree that most of the ideas now suck ass.

Sn!perWorm
18 May 2004, 07:37
I think this is a stupid idea for a feature, and I base this opinion on the fact that none of what Sn!perWorm and Spider have said makes any sense.
Simple question:why?
Ah,OK.In my case,I haven't found in WormNet anyone with version higher than 3.6.19.15(two times yesterday).
Oh and I just saw this - It's an Update, not a Patch, so by definition all it should add is new features - An Update with new features was promised by Team17 a long time ago.

However I agree that most of the ideas now suck ass.
If new update is going to be arrived,only thing it can do is to add new features or improve existing,because IMO there's no more bugs.

If you mean custom colors or colored Worms-I disagree.

Squirminator2k
18 May 2004, 10:13
Simple question:why?
I tell you what: Come up with a simple, valid explaination of a situation where this feature of yours will come in handy and I will eat my hat. I will even use my DigiCam to record 25 seconds of hat-eating glory. If you can justify the need for more colours by all means, please do. Until such a sime I consider this feature a frivality that is not required. The four team colours you have already are perfectly visible (except to, I believe, Test Zero, who is colourblind, but that's a special case).

PsyDome
18 May 2004, 10:35
If new update is going to be arrived,only thing it can do is to add new features or improve existing,because IMO there's no more bugs.

If you mean custom colors or colored Worms-I disagree.
the only feature any update should contain is secure logins and ranks

no matter how hard this seems to be to implement, it should always be first thing on the list

LizardZen
18 May 2004, 12:40
there's no more bugs.

Except there's this little annoying bug that crashed wa 8 times last night.
Nothing important. A minor annoyance.

Sn!perWorm
18 May 2004, 13:08
Except there's this little annoying bug that crashed wa 8 times last night.
Nothing important. A minor annoyance.
Do you have latest Beta Update?(3.6.19.19)

the only feature any update should contain is secure logins and ranks

no matter how hard this seems to be to implement, it should always be first thing on the list
Do you think I disagree?I would love to train with a reason(getting higher rank) and to avoid calling me n00b because I just don't know some shortcut(happened many times to me:().And to be sure my nickname will not be stolen.
I tell you what: Come up with a simple, valid explaination of a situation where this feature of yours will come in handy and I will eat my hat. I will even use my DigiCam to record 25 seconds of hat-eating glory. If you can justify the need for more colours by all means, please do. Until such a sime I consider this feature a frivality that is not required. The four team colours you have already are perfectly visible (except to, I believe, Test Zero, who is colourblind, but that's a special case).
Which?I can justify BOTH.With sense.Color worms.Imagine this situation:10 Worms are very close to each other,and some of them are your teammates,you have shotgun,but someone's tag is making very important place(for ex.,if you'll do one wrong move,you'll end in water) unable to see.OK.Tags visible-short diving,tags disabled-you can accidentally hurt or even kill your teammates.Color Worms resolve both problems.First hat:D.
Custom colors.You alwys play with,for example,green color.In this game you have yellow and enemy has green,and you've very little time,so you don't have time to read names.Boom,boom,boom.Your teammates are dead.With this feature-enemy yellow,you green-no problem.And it would be great to select which color you want(even if it's not important to YOU).Second hat:D.
And I suppose XxDangerxX Attached this window to show how it should look,he haven't meant to make more colors.

All good now?

realfoe
18 May 2004, 15:50
would be ok for games like battle races to be able to have the team names under the worms instead of over the top.yeah i do know you can turn the names off,but sometimes you want them on so you can see what worms next.

Madmaxquinn
18 May 2004, 16:21
would be ok for games like battle races to be able to have the team names under the worms instead of over the top.yeah i do know you can turn the names off,but sometimes you want them on so you can see what worms next.

Some off us would like the option to disable names of all other players/teams as a game option. It would introduce a whole new level of stategy.

Am I shooting at friend or foe?

Squirminator2k
18 May 2004, 16:37
<snip>
The coloured worms is still overkill. In the original Worms, pressing DEL operated like this:

x1 = Hide names of Worms not in your team
x2 = Hide all names
x3 = Display all names again

Deadcode could always jiggle the DEL key to operate like that. Alternatively hit DEL until the Team Name appears the worm's head just most sensible people will do.

Custom colours are all not really useful. Your explanation didn't seem to justify it well.

LizardZen
18 May 2004, 17:32
Do you have latest Beta Update?(3.6.19.19)

Of course
1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
:rolleyes:

Glenn
19 May 2004, 00:48
The four team colours you have already are perfectly visible (except to, I believe, Test Zero, who is colourblind, but that's a special case).
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out two things:

1) There are six team colors, not four.
2) There are alot more people that are colorblind then you could possibly imagine.

realfoe
19 May 2004, 04:32
i have been told the pink is infact red

Sn!perWorm
19 May 2004, 06:31
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out two things:

1) There are six team colors, not four.
2) There are alot more people that are colorblind then you could possibly imagine.
I agree.I am also"colorblind" if you call it this.;)
I have also two QUESTIONS(not requests):
1.I have 3.6.19.19 beta update.I have Polish version of WA,but beta update changed it to English.Is it possible to change language back to Polish and to still have beta update?
2.Sometimes someone has,for example,3.6.19.15 version,and I have 3.6.19.19,which is newer,but game says"game will emulate 3.6.19.15".Why it doesn't emulate latest version?
3.(added later)What does"m8" mean?

Added after XxDangerxX's post:I agree:colors are too light.But wouldn't be good to have white color?

XxDangerxX
19 May 2004, 06:34
I would just love to have a proper, completely saturated, HALF luminance red, and not that normal, completely saturated THREE QUARTER luminance pink. And what's the deal with that purple? I just don't get it. Sorry; I mean blue. They're all too light. We need to be able to change them. I also like the idea of black and white team colours. they're basic aren't they? And S!perWorm's other suggestion is pretty good, now he's explained it properly.

Ignore the stupid suggestions and they won't come back.THIS IS NOT A STUPID SUGGESTION! It has been alive since the moment it was first spawned.

Cheers m8s!

xOGCxmoses
19 May 2004, 15:55
1.I have 3.6.19.19 beta update.I have Polish version of WA,but beta update changed it to English.Is it possible to change language back to Polish and to still have beta update?
2.Sometimes someone has,for example,3.6.19.15 version,and I have 3.6.19.19,which is newer,but game says"game will emulate 3.6.19.15".Why it doesn't emulate latest version?

Added after XxDangerxX's post:I agree:colors are too light.But wouldn't be good to have white color?

the game will emulate at the most common update...which means that if you have the newest version, and someone else has theh "3.6.19.15" version....then you will still be compatible to play together, but only at the lowest common update.

Sn!perWorm
19 May 2004, 20:16
the game will emulate at the most common update...which means that if you have the newest version, and someone else has theh "3.6.19.15" version....then you will still be compatible to play together, but only at the lowest common update.
I don't understand.So game will emulate OLDEST beta update?

QuasiQubit
19 May 2004, 21:09
NEWest common update.

(if someone doesn't have the newest update, you have to emulate down to an older version)

(I also think it would be more amusing if the message said: "Game will take advantage of V#.#.## features and bugs")

Glenn
19 May 2004, 22:00

1) Apparently not at the moment.
2) Think of it this way. If you have an old computer, you probably can't play the new games. In the same way, you can't use new patch features if you have an old patch without them (each subsequent patch retains the old ones features, thus the ability to emulate downwards).
3) m8 is just what it sounds like, mate (as in friend, not marriage).

xOGCxmoses
20 May 2004, 06:06
I don't understand.So game will emulate OLDEST beta update?

yes...just like the directx versions...its backwards compatible and will tell you what version is the newest common version between all the players.

pretty cool that they added this feature with the new update...so you really know when to boot someone who still has the beta1-3 versions, causer you will most likely crash when you play with them...also, when someone else updates thiers and its a newer version then the one you have....youll know you need to go and update.

Sn!perWorm
20 May 2004, 12:53
1) Apparently not at the moment.
:(
2) Think of it this way. If you have an old computer, you probably can't play the new games. In the same way, you can't use new patch features if you have an old patch without them (each subsequent patch retains the old ones features, thus the ability to emulate downwards).
I don't have old computer,but I know what do you mean(just to IMAGINE I have;) ).Wait a moment.
3) m8 is just what it sounds like, mate (as in friend, not marriage).
Someone told me this yesterday,but thanks,anyway.

ABOUT EMULATING:
NEWest common update.

(if someone doesn't have the newest update, you have to emulate down to an older version)

(I also think it would be more amusing if the message said: "Game will take advantage of V#.#.## features and bugs")
yes...just like the directx versions...its backwards compatible and will tell you what version is the newest common version between all the players.

pretty cool that they added this feature with the new update...so you really know when to boot someone who still has the beta1-3 versions, causer you will most likely crash when you play with them...also, when someone else updates thiers and its a newer version then the one you have....youll know you need to go and update.
OK:game emulates oldest version of the game from the joined players.This is because new versions change features from previous versions,or adds new,which aren't used by older versions.But sometimes players without ANY beta patch,with 3.0 version join my game,but game says"game will emulate blah blah(beta update version)",but some players doesn't have any beta updates.So this applies only to beta updates?

Sorry if it's hard to explain something to me;).

Squirminator2k
20 May 2004, 15:16
Deadcode's BETA update doesn't "emulate" previous versions but rather doesn't enable features and code that have been implemented in versions after the one it's mimicing. The new patch is capable of running games of WA from ANY previous version dating all the way back to V3.00.

Sn!perWorm
20 May 2004, 19:52
Deadcode's BETA update doesn't "emulate" previous versions but rather doesn't enable features and code that have been implemented in versions after the one it's mimicing. The new patch is capable of running games of WA from ANY previous version dating all the way back to V3.00.
I wrote "emulate" because the message says this word:).

I understood now.

I have a new idea(and I suppose you'll support it).I think about an option to select amount of weapons over 9,up to 99.But it will take whole screen?No!Simply,over the belt with the ammo,there will be a belt of crates.Every crate will represent 10 ammo.It would be especially good for long,multi-round games.

XxDangerxX
21 May 2004, 13:00
I'm sorry if I've mentioned this before, but PLEASE! bring the snake glitch back! It's not just a glitch! It's not just a cheat! It's an asset! I've made a proper scheme out of it, and it was one of my favourite schemes, too! Please bring it back. I need it.

Also, Glenn, when will we be getting the latest update? All us ßeta testers have been waiting very patiently, and are beginning to lose that precious patience.

Squirminator2k
21 May 2004, 13:09
So let me get this straight: You want the Snake Rope Glitch put back in purely because you need it? I doubt it'll get put back in. You don't like it, go back to a version which still had it. You don't spend ages getting bugs out of games and then put them back in just because one guy asks you to.

Run
21 May 2004, 16:36
THIS IS NOT A STUPID SUGGESTION! It has been alive since the moment it was first spawned.

I didn't say it was. I said "Ignore the stupid suggestions" without stating which suggestions were and were not stupid at any point in time. So there. I win. *wins*

Glenn
21 May 2004, 21:43
Also, Glenn, when will we be getting the latest update? All us ßeta testers have been waiting very patiently, and are beginning to lose that precious patience.
You'll get it when Deadcode is good and ready to give it. Now stop complaining, you had to wait three years for the current beta patches. What's a few more days/weeks?

svenneundulat
21 May 2004, 22:03
That's the first time Iv'e heard of something beeing an asset, when it's just irritating for most people :/, so there is infact different opinion's, even though there's a bigger amouth that would say that it's good that it's taken away.

Glenn
22 May 2004, 02:43
I have a new idea(and I suppose you'll support it).I think about an option to select amount of weapons over 9,up to 99.But it will take whole screen?No!Simply,over the belt with the ammo,there will be a belt of crates.Every crate will represent 10 ammo.It would be especially good for long,multi-round games.
Well, it all stems back to why RPG's usually stay with the genaric 9999 health. You see, if they allowed the health to rise above that point to 10000, then they'd have to be able to fill it up to 99999. And then why stop there, then they'd end up surpassing that and going up to 999999. It's a vicious cycle. So it's just better to stay with something that's going to work and be accepted, then to try to push the limits higher. And incidentally, would you EVER need 99 of ANYTHING in Worms?

Sn!perWorm
22 May 2004, 09:11
Well, it all stems back to why RPG's usually stay with the genaric 9999 health. You see, if they allowed the health to rise above that point to 10000, then they'd have to be able to fill it up to 99999. And then why stop there, then they'd end up surpassing that and going up to 999999. It's a vicious cycle. So it's just better to stay with something that's going to work and be accepted, then to try to push the limits higher. And incidentally, would you EVER need 99 of ANYTHING in Worms?
Erm...imagine 9-round game with ropes and anti-stockpilling.9 is FAR too less,infinite is too much.You think that 40 will be ideal.You know what I mean?

MadEwokHerd
22 May 2004, 13:05
Not quite. If they allowed the health to rise to 10000 then they'd have to be able to make it 65535 (or 32767 if they're using signed values). As it is, worms is probably at least capable of giving teams 127 of any given weapon.

Glenn
22 May 2004, 18:59
Not quite. If they allowed the health to rise to 10000 then they'd have to be able to make it 65535 (or 32767 if they're using signed values). As it is, worms is probably at least capable of giving teams 127 of any given weapon.
No not quite yourself. Even though they only let your characters hit a limit of 9999, the enemies can go higher. The boss with the most health was Omega Weapon in FF8, and he had 1.2 million.

Sn!perWorm
22 May 2004, 19:04
No not quite yourself. Even though they only let your characters hit a limit of 9999, the enemies can go higher. The boss with the most health was Omega Weapon in FF8, and he had 1.2 million.
WOW!!!Nice!But in Worms he would have little chances if Worms would have a donkey:D.

AndrewTaylor
22 May 2004, 19:04
So let me get this straight: You want the Snake Rope Glitch put back in purely because you need it? I doubt it'll get put back in. You don't like it, go back to a version which still had it. You don't spend ages getting bugs out of games and then put them back in just because one guy asks you to.
I thought the beta could play like an older version on its own? Or is that only online?

MadEwokHerd
22 May 2004, 20:10
What happens if you force your character's hit points to be 10000?

Sn!perWorm
22 May 2004, 20:23
Isn't the discussion going off-topic?Maybe move it to Online Orgy? :-/

MadEwokHerd
22 May 2004, 20:27
Actually, forget that. I'm checking the ACTUAL maximum value for ammo in wa using fiddler.

*checks*

32767. Anything greater than that is taken as infinite. *checks previous post* Yes, that's the value I listed earlier for 2-byte signed values (though I'd assumed it was a 1-byte signed value).

Glenn
22 May 2004, 20:28
What happens if you force your character's hit points to be 10000?
Well, you can't force the character's hit points to >10000 (except for FFX/ X-2, which had an abliltiy allowing you to get a bit above 12000). That's just... the generic limit. That way, they don't have to worry about having characters with 99999, which isn't even needed for the characters.
And SniperWorm, this discussion has been roughly off-topic for the last few pages (and always seems to somehow make it back on-topic).

MadEwokHerd
23 May 2004, 02:45
Well, you can't force the character's hit points to >10000 (except for FFX/ X-2, which had an abliltiy allowing you to get a bit above 12000).
It's possible. Somewhere in the RAM, there are at least two bytes that are used to store the character's hit points. If you changed those two bytes to a number greater than 10000 (since they can store numbers at least up to 32767) then you would be forcing your character's hit points to have an amount >10000.

The generic way to do things like that on a console is using a game enhancer.

XxDangerxX
23 May 2004, 06:15
Actually, 2 things:
The maximum ammo is 65533, and
You can get >10000 health; it just won't display it.

eg1: Get a worm with 10000 health, and hit him with something that won't instantly kill him (such as a minigun with 250 HP from every shot times 500+ shots, which I have in one of my fiddler schemes). say it takes away 40 HP. He will remain at 10000 - 40 = 9960, not 9999 - 40 = 9959.

eg2: Get a worm with 10000 as before and make him lose 1 hitpoint. he will remain 9999.

I rest my case.

Sn!perWorm
23 May 2004, 19:20
But I think that 99 ammo will be enough,unless you play Using A Weapon Doesn't End Turn mode using bow on 90 second turn time:D.BTW,could you send Fiddler to me,I have lost it somewhere:-/.

MadEwokHerd
23 May 2004, 23:19
The maximum ammo is 65533
This is the maximum Fiddler allows. However, if you use a value greater than 32767, the game treats it as infinite.

And he's talking about 10000 hp in some rpg or other. Final Fantasy I think...

xOGCxmoses
24 May 2004, 01:59
This is the maximum Fiddler allows. However, if you use a value greater than 32767, the game treats it as infinite.

And he's talking about 10000 hp in some rpg or other. Final Fantasy I think...

oh, is that what you mean

Xenesis
26 May 2004, 13:54
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, but when the new patch comes out and incorporates 'The Fiddler' style editing, will I be able to import my fiddles that I made with the app?

Also..is the ability to add and change the music present? I really want to add the worms 2 music to the game, as I think it's funkier.

Glenn
26 May 2004, 19:38
1. It's just a guess, but since the programming will be changed to suite Deadcode's means, I'd say no.
2. No, and I don't think it's planned as of now.

Sn!perWorm
26 May 2004, 20:00
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, but when the new patch comes out and incorporates 'The Fiddler' style editing, will I be able to import my fiddles that I made with the app?

Also..is the ability to add and change the music present? I really want to add the worms 2 music to the game, as I think it's funkier.
If you want to change the menu music,go to Worms Armageddon\FESfx folder and replace the original menu-loop.wav with your own.WARNING:Choose it carefully,you may become crazy if you'll select a bad one(simply:it could be incredibly annoying).

Glenn
26 May 2004, 22:04
If you want to change the menu music,go to Worms Armageddon\FESfx folder and replace the original menu-loop.wav with your own.WARNING:Choose it carefully,you may become crazy if you'll select a bad one(simply:it could be incredibly annoying).
Well... of course you could do it THAT way. I was talking about an official 'click-this-thingy-and-it-does-it' way.

Sn!perWorm
27 May 2004, 06:16
OK,I only said it's possible now,but not so easy:).

XxDangerxX
27 May 2004, 12:33
1. It's just a guess, but since the programming will be changed to suite Deadcode's means, I'd say no.

Uuuuuuummmmm...
...Uuumm... Uuumm...

Primary things that are to follow:

Take the now-finished "game initialisation" format and apply it to things other than just recorded games – i.e., loadable schemes and hosting. Since the format covers everything, it will then be possible to host Custom Missions.
Ability to Import Fiddler schemes.

Sn!perWorm
27 May 2004, 12:49
W00T!!!Fiddler working and WA mission editor???INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

*now can't wait for new beta update even more*

Glenn
27 May 2004, 22:03
Just curious, but was that post you quoted way, way back on one of the first pages. Because that was a long time ago. Ah well, too late now...

zog
28 May 2004, 19:03
Just curious, but was that post you quoted way, way back on one of the first pages. Because that was a long time ago. Ah well, too late now...

just because he posted it a long time ago, I don't think it's not true. IIR C he said the same thing more recently about this... Planned for the big four point oh.

Glenn
28 May 2004, 19:45
just because he posted it a long time ago, I don't think it's not true. IIR C he said the same thing more recently about this... Planned for the big four point oh.
No, I mean that it was many pages back, which means it was a long time ago, and that I probably didn't remember him saying that. This thread is 21 pages long, you can be expected to forget something after that length...

Sn!perWorm
28 May 2004, 19:57
And I came here when this thread had 4 pages:p.(I use 40 posts per page option).Eh,if these two things,custom colors,ranks and secure logins will be back,I'll make a statue for DC.(not grave statue,like in Worms,but you know what do I mean;) )

XxDangerxX
31 May 2004, 02:36
Careful. He might hold you to that...

Glenn; you seem to know a few things about DeadCode's progress, as you suggested in the way you spoke a couple pages ago. I don't suppose you know where he is up to?

Glenn
31 May 2004, 03:34
Quoted from a thread in the patch forum:

He's alive. Talked to him a day or two ago. Don't worry, he's not buggered off and left it as it is.
Indeed, i spoke to him yesterday on MSN, he's still about and working on the next patch.
That enough for you?

canofworms
31 May 2004, 07:31
I wish someone will tell us when it will come out!

QuasiQubit
31 May 2004, 15:41
When it's finished.

XxDangerxX
1 Jun 2004, 11:34
Oh yes, that's definately enough for me. Thanks!

Star Worms
1 Jun 2004, 11:58
I would like to hear some progress on it though. It's been a while since 3.6.19.19 came out.

zog
1 Jun 2004, 15:48
on 22/03/2004 @ 13:20:00, to be exact. The question is, why was the readme released 3 hours earlier. heh.

DeathBring
1 Jun 2004, 20:13
great work DeadCode, making wormers life a heaven lol, really great, "thanks vm" is not enough.

I may have missed sumthing, but in the future coming W:A mission editor, are there gonna be support for WWP Mission Editor features? The exact thing from the WWP Editor i care about is "Smart Mines", where mines placed by your team(in WWP all mines are coloured) dont hurt worms of the same color.

Also, will be Points For Weapons mode will be possible to made with the new W:A? I don't much care about Specialist Mode and others, but PfW is good imo.

And, maybe, can you add support for using multiple graphic directories(usually called gfx.dir, in Data/Gfx folder), i mean an ability to have something like skins for worms, weapons, etc(sprites for them are placed inside graphics directory), simply by choosing a gfx.dir file for use(or maybe even for team). If it's not too much to ask for, of course.

And, what's wrong with snake ropes... if DC doesn't want to bring them in W:A 4.0(but does he? i am asking), then why not release the version which has it to those who care? I havent seen the version which has snake ropes anywhere.

awaiting for answers.

XxDangerxX
2 Jun 2004, 07:25
If you had smart mines, points 4 weapons etc., you wouldn't have any use for WWP. Someone would just buy instead W: A, which is cheaper, and get the free 4.0 patch. And Team17 would therefore go bankrupt because of the loss of sales for what was such a popular game.

Run
2 Jun 2004, 08:23
If you had smart mines, points 4 weapons etc., you wouldn't have any use for WWP. Someone would just buy instead W: A, which is cheaper, and get the free 4.0 patch. And Team17 would therefore go bankrupt because of the loss of sales for what was such a popular game.

Bankrupt? Because people were buying a five year old game instead of a 3 year old one? I doubt that.

AirGuitar
2 Jun 2004, 20:31
Deadcode, regarding the 4.0:

I was wondering oif you could have some sort of indication that it was your turn in game when you have w:a minimized, i often find myself losing time. I noticed that when a game ends it automatically launches w:a agian, something like that would be sweet. Thanks, Air

Sn!perWorm
3 Jun 2004, 14:23
Careful. He might hold you to that...
???

When it's finished.
LOL.We know all about the new update now.:D

What about option of Super Rope(like in WWP) if you completed whole game?

Xpresschok
3 Jun 2004, 14:53
... but exactly how "official" is this patch? Is it actually made from existing source code or is it "simply" (for lack of a better word, I know it is really very hard and takes a lot of talent) a binary edit?

On another note, how come W:A has never come out of beta status since v3.0? I understand the 3.0 official patch can't be used on Windows XP/2000?

Just thought I'd ask, since I've been thinking of playing W:A again (long time no see) and my current rig is of course XP-based.

With W:A being apparently so popular even today, what's preventing Team17 from open-sourcing the engine (note: engine only, keeping the actual required data files commercial) so as to ensure more community input, faster development and even better longevity for the game (making ports possible for Mac, Linux, Amiga, and any upcoming operating system)?

Finally, one small wish: if at all possible, put the Sheep-on-a-rope "back" in the Full Wormage setup - without it it is NOT the Full Wormage (since the FW mode should supposedly contain every weapon ever featured in a Worms game up to W:A). I know it's just a minor issue, but I can't help but feel that W:A's Full Wormage mode is the closest we'll ever get to a PC release of Director's Cut unless the source for the original game can be retrieved and opened to the community (here I go again, ranting over the lack of W:TDC on a modern platform...).

zog
3 Jun 2004, 15:03
... but exactly how "official" is this patch? Is it actually made from existing source code or is it "simply" (for lack of a better word, I know it is really very hard and takes a lot of talent) a binary edit?

deadcode is being "employed" by team17 to create these patches. As such he has the source code, I doubt he would be able to do as much as he had done so quickly without it. heh :).

On another note, how come W:A has never come out of beta status since v3.0? I understand the 3.0 official patch can't be used on Windows XP/2000?

Mainly because they're still under testing and not guaranteed to be reliable, I believe. Not sure tho.

(since the FW mode should supposedly contain every weapon ever featured in a Worms game up to W:A).

If that were the case it would also include such weapons as homing airstrike, and cloned sheep, and probably some others that I forgot... but it doesn't :S

SargeMcCluck
3 Jun 2004, 15:53

Just thought I'd ask, since I've been thinking of playing W:A again (long time no see) and my current rig is of course XP-based.

With W:A being apparently so popular even today, what's preventing Team17 from open-sourcing the engine (note: engine only, keeping the actual required data files commercial) so as to ensure more community input, faster development and even better longevity for the game (making ports possible for Mac, Linux, Amiga, and any upcoming operating system)?

Finally, one small wish: if at all possible, put the Sheep-on-a-rope "back" in the Full Wormage setup - without it it is NOT the Full Wormage (since the FW mode should supposedly contain every weapon ever featured in a Worms game up to W:A). I know it's just a minor issue, but I can't help but feel that W:A's Full Wormage mode is the closest we'll ever get to a PC release of Director's Cut unless the source for the original game can be retrieved and opened to the community (here I go again, ranting over the lack of W:TDC on a modern platform...).

The Sheep on a rope was a DC only weapon, as a goodbye to the Amiga. And there is no SoaR sprites anyway.

W:A cannot become open source due to a whole load of legal reasons, it's been asked about many times.

Your copy of WA *must* be 3.0 before you install the beta patches - An original UK copy is 1.0 and you must patch it to 3.0 before using a beta patch.

Deadcode has the source code now - Although the Silkworm patches made by him didn't use the source, he has since been given it by Team17 for the purposes of the beta patch.

The patch is completely official.

It's in beta still because its still a beta. It's that simple :p
Chances are it will be beta for a long time, because when it's not beta it implies it's finished and Deadcode has a lot more stuff to do yet.

Xpresschok
4 Jun 2004, 12:47
The Sheep on a rope was a DC only weapon, as a goodbye to the Amiga. And there is no SoaR sprites anyway.

W:A cannot become open source due to a whole load of legal reasons, it's been asked about many times.

Your copy of WA *must* be 3.0 before you install the beta patches - An original UK copy is 1.0 and you must patch it to 3.0 before using a beta patch.

Deadcode has the source code now - Although the Silkworm patches made by him didn't use the source, he has since been given it by Team17 for the purposes of the beta patch.

The patch is completely official.

It's in beta still because its still a beta. It's that simple :p
Chances are it will be beta for a long time, because when it's not beta it implies it's finished and Deadcode has a lot more stuff to do yet.

Thanks for clearing things up. I'll just shut up and install it now then. :)

Thingeox
10 Jun 2004, 14:48
when is this 4.0 patch coming out? :rolleyes:

MadEwokHerd
10 Jun 2004, 15:25
When it's good and ready.

XxDangerxX
11 Jun 2004, 05:06
We've heard that enough! We want a date! Or at least an progress/update report.

And Sel, for crying out loud, when you cahnge the season colour at the top of the pages, all you change is the , well, the colour. How about colourS? I want to see some variation in the rest of the page! White=Snow; Grey is similar to White; Change the white to yellow or sumtn. greys to blues maybe? And DEFINATELY beige to sky blue. Why do you have the pallete up there when it's never gonna change???

That's my two cents;
Zeke (A.K.A. XxDangerxX)

P.S. Sn!perWorm, "Careful. He might hold you to that." was directed at you for that statement about making a statue for DC...

Glenn
11 Jun 2004, 14:28
You may want a date/progress report, but guess what? Not everybody does. I don't, I'm quite content with the patch right now. Of course, it would be better if the next one were released, but I'm not going to complain. This patch certainly beats the old 3.0.5.0 patch.

Sn!perWorm
12 Jun 2004, 15:38

And Sel, for crying out loud, when you cahnge the season colour at the top of the pages, all you change is the , well, the colour. How about colourS? I want to see some variation in the rest of the page! White=Snow; Grey is similar to White; Change the white to yellow or sumtn. greys to blues maybe? And DEFINATELY beige to sky blue. Why do you have the pallete up there when it's never gonna change???

That's my two cents;
Zeke (A.K.A. XxDangerxX)

P.S. Sn!perWorm, "Careful. He might hold you to that." was directed at you for that statement about making a statue for DC...
I said this because this will make WA even more good than now:).And I can make it.Precisely-draw it:).

And one question:will next Beta Update be 3.6 blah blah or just 4.0?

Toblik
14 Jun 2004, 01:14
hey why are you people still talkin' bout' WA? Its a thing of the past W3D Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better! :)

MadEwokHerd
14 Jun 2004, 02:41
hey why are you people still talkin' bout' WA? Its a thing of the past W3D Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better! :)
Whether it is or is not a "thing of the past" (I am of the opinion that it is not), and whether W3D is or is not better, WA is STILL a VERY GOOD GAME.

Squirminator2k
14 Jun 2004, 13:07
it's a very narrow-minded view you seem to have there. You seem to be used the flawed logic of "Sequel = GOOD", which while true on occasion is not always the case. Worms3D is a good game, yes. But it can't hold a candle to the 2D Worms games. WA is, by far, the best of the 2nd generation of Worms games. And if people are still talking about it and still waiting on this Update, then it cannot possibly be a thing of the past.

SargeMcCluck
14 Jun 2004, 23:58
I said this because this will make WA even more good than now:).And I can make it.Precisely-draw it:).

And one question:will next Beta Update be 3.6 blah blah or just 4.0?

It will be "Beta Update 3.6 blah blah". If it's just 4.0 then it cannot be a beta, and it will be a beta.

zog
15 Jun 2004, 12:00
er.. k, but the title of this thread would be "W:A 4.0 beta update", which suggests that it could still be 4.0 beta, rather than 3.6 beta

edit: although being you you may have some other information I don't know about ;)

xOGCxmoses
15 Jun 2004, 15:30
er.. k, but the title of this thread would be "W:A 4.0 beta update", which suggests that it could still be 4.0 beta, rather than 3.6 beta

edit: although being you you may have some other information I don't know about ;)

yes...he proly does know something we dont. :)

Reaperz
16 Jun 2004, 06:39

I agree I, also, would like either a release date or ,at least, an update.

That might be the view you have (I dont agree or i wouldnt be playing and games that have a sequal i.e. worms world party is crap...)

http://helios.et.put.poznan.pl/~sskowron/liero/

Satanic
16 Jun 2004, 06:44
Deadcode, you are really a GOD.
You make Worms Armageddon, a fully playable, customizable and funny game, with millons of bugs fixed and additions the people want.
With the recording games playbacks and the loading a fiddler schemes, u touch the roof in Worms Armageddon.
VERY VERY and VERY thanks for your work, u are a very good programer, and gamer i think :).

P.D: I can't wait for record games playbacks with my fiddler configuration with my friends.

One more time... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

*Sorry for my little English.

XxDangerxX
17 Jun 2004, 06:52
We need this so PLEASE give this to DeadCode, Glenn:

I only just thought of this today. As the WWP Mission editor has a "flaw detector" when you export a mission, The "Ultimate Ingame Fiddler" also needs a "Flaw detector" All my past ideas may have been unworthy for the update, but this...

...this... ...needs to be made.

Sn!perWorm
17 Jun 2004, 11:29
it's a very narrow-minded view you seem to have there. You seem to be used the flawed logic of "Sequel = GOOD", which while true on occasion is not always the case. Worms3D is a good game, yes. But it can't hold a candle to the 2D Worms games. WA is, by far, the best of the 2nd generation of Worms games. And if people are still talking about it and still waiting on this Update, then it cannot possibly be a thing of the past.
I agree.Thinking"newer=better"is IMO st...silly.
although being you you may have some other information I don't know about
You mean me?No.I know nothing more than you,even less probably:p.

XxDangerxX-IMO custom colors will be useful:).

PS.At laaaaaaaaast,someone relieved this thread:).

zog
17 Jun 2004, 13:27
You mean me?No.I know nothing more than you,even less probably:p.

No, I mean SargeMcCluck, who is probably on first name terms with deadcode, or something.

Sn!perWorm
17 Jun 2004, 13:55
No, I mean SargeMcCluck, who is probably on first name terms with deadcode, or something.
OK,I understand:).

xOGCxmoses
19 Jun 2004, 03:33
OK,I understand:).
whats with the down site!!!!!!!!

Akdor 1154
20 Jun 2004, 03:35
I don't think an error check would be such an issue with Fiddler, the custom missions are another question - but these will probably be integrated, so it'll be there anyway. :confused:

For Fiddler, what we need is a "Test" button, that either loads the fiddle on a random terrain or the one specified in the fiddle (I remember DC sayinng somewhere that you will be able to have landscapes saved in fiddles) with preset teams, like the Quick Start button in the SP menu.

This isn't a feature request as such, more an aesthtics thing; anyway, how about making the grave sprites or pics appear behind the terrain, not in front of it. Not so important, but it would look nice. ;)

Bug Found: When selecting a custom resolution, only the drop-down box is used by the game - i.e.
I just installed W:A on an old PC and put the 3.6.19.19 patch on it, and the first thing I did was change the resolution to 1024 x 768 using the click-cycle box, not the dropdown box. This did not have any effect in-game; it was in 640 x 480. After the game, I changed it using the drop-down box, and it worked just fine.

Thanks - Akdor.

Sn!perWorm
20 Jun 2004, 17:42
whats with the down site!!!!!!!!
Erm?I don't understand:p.

About the resolution bug-AFAIR,I changed resolution with the click-cycle box,and resolution was correct.This was probably in 3.6.19.14 version.

I have one not very big request:ability to make "binds" like in Jedi Knight 3.Simply you type "bind (key) say (what to say)",you press some button and this appears in chat window.This will be useful-for example you won't have to say "gl hf" in the start of each round,but you just press a key,and this appears.Useful,isn't it?

Evil Bunny
20 Jun 2004, 19:18
/me votes against, if there is stuff like that people will use it to flood the chatbox

XxDangerxX
21 Jun 2004, 12:25
In which case the host will also have a /boot command.

Sn!perWorm
21 Jun 2004, 12:53
...and anyone has the /ignore command.These two will be able to counter spammers,but this option will have use in many situations.

SargeMcCluck
21 Jun 2004, 22:17

Which gets abused by the entire online community.

XxDangerxX
22 Jun 2004, 08:13
Does it just? I didn't know that it was possible to abuse a feature that doesn't exist. I need some more detail please.

Xenesis
22 Jun 2004, 10:44
I think what he's trying to say is that the online community of any game with this feature abuses it.

PsyDome
22 Jun 2004, 12:11
Does it just? I didn't know that it was possible to abuse a feature that doesn't exist. I need some more detail please.
it *would* be abused if it was in the game

AndrewTaylor
22 Jun 2004, 14:12
Alright, I haven't played W:A in a long time, but surely the host can boot people?

Granted not by typing in a command, but it seems to me that if you don't want someone playing in your game that's your decision and you should have the right to boot them. If you abuse the feature you'll just run out of opponents. Surely?

Am I over-simplifying this, because I really don't see the debate.

PsyDome
22 Jun 2004, 15:53
Alright, I haven't played W:A in a long time, but surely the host can boot people?

Granted not by typing in a command, but it seems to me that if you don't want someone playing in your game that's your decision and you should have the right to boot them. If you abuse the feature you'll just run out of opponents. Surely?

Am I over-simplifying this, because I really don't see the debate.
yes, you can boot from the gameroom, but not from the actual game (which i believe they are talking about... or?)

MadEwokHerd
22 Jun 2004, 16:24
Bug Found: When selecting a custom resolution, only the drop-down box is used by the game - i.e.
I just installed W:A on an old PC and put the 3.6.19.19 patch on it, and the first thing I did was change the resolution to 1024 x 768 using the click-cycle box, not the dropdown box. This did not have any effect in-game; it was in 640 x 480. After the game, I changed it using the drop-down box, and it worked just fine.
Strange, the drop-down box never actually did anything for me. For me, it just shows what the current resolution is.

Sn!perWorm
22 Jun 2004, 21:00
it *would* be abused if it was in the game
Erm?Why command which makes life(OK,not life,but playing:) )easier?I mean both /boot and bind commands.

PS.Lol,there was 666 posts:).

PsyDome
22 Jun 2004, 22:11
Erm?Why command which makes life(OK,not life,but playing:) )easier?I mean both /boot and bind commands
i don't have a clue as what you meant by that...

Glenn
22 Jun 2004, 22:41
I'm not even going to bother quoting since it won't grab nested quotes. It will be abused because you could boot people in-game if you were losing to them. You could boot people in game that you don't like (which is much more of an insult than booting in the lobby). We've re-hashed this over and over again, and a /boot command is not a good idea. Now then if /bind would do what I think it would (prevents a person from speaking), then that *might* be useful.

Squirminator2k
23 Jun 2004, 07:56
So let's just, y'know, ignore the /boot thing. It's not necessary. If you don't want someone playing you'll have kicked them out from the Setup Screens before the game started, and with the Update fixing a lot of bugs which idiots took advantage of, you don't really need it. If someone's being an idiot over the Chatbox you simply /ignore him (which, if it doesn't exist already, should be implemented instead - it makes more sense that way).

Run
23 Jun 2004, 09:15
And don't play them again. Simple.

DBM
24 Jun 2004, 03:58
sheesh..i havent been here in months..and dc STILL hasnt released the new patch...team17 really cares about their games..

Run
24 Jun 2004, 09:14
DC != Team17

But you have a point when you imply the incompetence of team17.

Sn!perWorm
24 Jun 2004, 09:47
I'm not even going to bother quoting since it won't grab nested quotes. It will be abused because you could boot people in-game if you were losing to them. You could boot people in game that you don't like (which is much more of an insult than booting in the lobby). We've re-hashed this over and over again, and a /boot command is not a good idea. Now then if /bind would do what I think it would (prevents a person from speaking), then that *might* be useful.
When I wrote "/boot",I meant command which already exists-which lets you kick in the LOBBY,no in the GAME.
i don't have a clue as what you meant by that...
And I don't have a clue what is possible to not understand here:p.

Run
24 Jun 2004, 12:21
When I wrote "/boot",I meant command which already exists-which lets you kick in the LOBBY,not in the GAME.

Well that takes us away from the original point then, since the /boot command was originally proposed by xDangerx to boot people in game who were abusing the bind key in game for their spamming purposes.

xOGCxmoses
24 Jun 2004, 16:27
Well that takes us away from the original point then, since the /boot command was originally proposed by xDangerx to boot people in game who were abusing the bind key in game for their spamming purposes.

you know, there are just too many sensitive people playing this game. and then there are those jerks, you know, the ones that are pre-*****sant, have a huge attitude and every other work they type is something fowl. and they are always rude too.

i think the /boot command would be great for them! :) then again, they would have access to it too, and it would definately be abused.

Run
24 Jun 2004, 21:33
I don't know, i think a /leavethegameanddon'tplaythemagain command would be more appropriate. Would probably require a hotkey though, no one wants to type all that out.

Reaperz
25 Jun 2004, 06:49
I don't know, i think a /leavethegameanddon'tplaythemagain command would be more appropriate. Would probably require a hotkey though, no one wants to type all that out.
Yeah, i agree. maybe it should be called /leavenoplayagain - which is bad english but i suppose would do the job...

SargeMcCluck
25 Jun 2004, 14:34
sheesh..i havent been here in months..and dc STILL hasnt released the new patch...team17 really cares about their games..

You mean the fact that DC hasn't been paid, doesn't work for Team17, and is just a community member like you. But he's done a WHOLE lot more than you. So sit down and shut up, and be grateful for what you have.

Run
25 Jun 2004, 16:17
I propose that DBM's patch be revoked.

PortHmm
26 Jun 2004, 04:34
I also stated this in another thread on this forumn, but please bring back offline ropeknocking option. Thanks for everything dc, even if you don't make this change. Note: I might not even check back here and there is really no need for you all to reply to this and tell me how bad an idea it is :p ...

Run
26 Jun 2004, 10:38
It isn't a bad idea. Although, i can't ever remember it being an option in the first place...

xXSpIDerXx
26 Jun 2004, 11:00
I think it was an option in Silkworm that allowed offline rope knocking. I never used Silkworm much, so i don't remember for sure

TonY
26 Jun 2004, 11:05
Right... and I believe you said (the person that was asking for RK offline just now) that you mostly play offline with your friends...? Then just download the Antisilk4.12a patch... it ensues XP compatibility and has certain features like offline rope knocking. You can find it on http://www.worms3d.net/

Sn!perWorm
26 Jun 2004, 13:46
Ehhhhhhhhh,you could tell me it before :rolleyes: .

If someone did,OK,sorry:).

And I think that ignore is enough for spammers.Worse with cheaters...YES!This can be useful for cheaters!

And I also think that rope knocking for offline will be useful.

Reddo
30 Jun 2004, 00:00
Deadcode, my deepest respect to all the effort you put in improving this game. I, and with me the whole community, owe you eternal gratitude.

Thanks a lot for the great work, you've improved the game so much, keep the great updates coming, thx!

xOGCxmoses
30 Jun 2004, 04:36
Deadcode, my deepest respect to all the effort you put in improving this game. I, and with me the whole community, owe you eternal gratitude.

Thanks a lot for the great work, you've improved the game so much, keep the great updates coming, thx!

DITTO!!! to the 'spamth' power !!

Sn!perWorm
30 Jun 2004, 08:43
DITTO!!! to the 'spamth' power !!
Erm?But,anyway,if you want to congratulate,combine it with other things.

DBM
30 Jun 2004, 15:35
wait so i dont have the right to being a little annoyed when ive been waiting for something for months??

Sn!perWorm
30 Jun 2004, 16:13
What do you mean?

Glenn
30 Jun 2004, 16:13
Nope. I've been waiting for Star Ocean 3, Halo 2, and other stuff for almost a year of pushing back release dates, and I havn't complained yet.

HariSeldon
30 Jun 2004, 21:18
DBM..

Couple of months? Some of us had been waiting since the Year 2000, (yes 4 yrs ago).

PsyDome
30 Jun 2004, 22:29
DBM..

Couple of months? Some of us had been waiting since the Year 2000, (yes 4 yrs ago).
hey hari, do you even read these boards? :)
Halo 2
has halo 2 even been given a release date?

Glenn
30 Jun 2004, 23:02
The press's first release date was April of last year (this wasn't official though). Since then, the proposed release date keeps getting pushed back. Right now, the release date is 11/09/04. Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it -_-.

Anyway, you waited 4 years. Guess what? You still got the patch. Heck, I didn't even know there was a patch until I finally got on wormnet about two years ago. I still didn't complain for a new patch. I was satisfied with what I got.

Run
1 Jul 2004, 09:59
wait so i dont have the right to being a little annoyed when ive been waiting for something for months??

That depends on what a "right" is.

If you do, then we have the right to be annoyed at you.

PsyDome
1 Jul 2004, 10:50
The press's first release date was April of last year (this wasn't official though). Since then, the proposed release date keeps getting pushed back. Right now, the release date is 11/09/04. Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it -_-.

Anyway, you waited 4 years. Guess what? You still got the patch. Heck, I didn't even know there was a patch until I finally got on wormnet about two years ago. I still didn't complain for a new patch. I was satisfied with what I got.
you can't follow the press' releasedates... and wasn't halo released last year? have some common sense, man!

and no, we haven't "got the patch" we were "promised" 4 years ago, we got another patch

zog
1 Jul 2004, 15:35

I believe it now.
we've been over this before. Like I say, bungie never released a date the media were just taking potshots. Read the weekly updates, etc. It's getting there. They deliberately withheld release dates this long so that they could be sure they were right.

And PsyDome, Halo was the first game released for the xbox, so no, it came out well before last year ;).

heh, and no we didn't get the patch that was "promised", but this one is better, IMO. If the patch had have come out then we would never have got colour maps.

Sn!perWorm
1 Jul 2004, 18:36
*sits quietly in the corner because he found out that beta updates even exist when 3.6.19.14 version showed*

PsyDome
1 Jul 2004, 19:22
heh, and no we didn't get the patch that was "promised", but this one is better, IMO. If the patch had have come out then we would never have got colour maps.
better? pah...

secure logins and ranks > colored maps

HariSeldon
1 Jul 2004, 19:27
you can't follow the press' releasedates... and wasn't halo released last year? have some common sense, man!

and no, we haven't "got the patch" we were "promised" 4 years ago, we got another patch

PsyDome

I figured you guys were talking about the W:A patch, so I guess I really didnt read the whole thread :)

I check in every once in a while to see if anything new has happened. I logged in a bit a month or so ago after updating to the lastest patch and ran into a few old timers, one of which was Pi. I have been playing Star Wars Galaxies since launch last june, and am now one of the top Weaponsmiths on my server, so when I get bored, I see what is happening in the W:A world.

If anyone happens to play SWG, I'm on the Chilastra server as Stettin Palver

SargeMcCluck
1 Jul 2004, 21:06

No, because Deadcode is making it out of the goodness of his heart, and so he does not owe you anything, which is what you seem to be thinking. You owe him your gratitude, not impatience.

PsyDome
1 Jul 2004, 21:40
PsyDome

I figured you guys were talking about the W:A patch, so I guess I really didnt read the whole thread :)

I check in every once in a while to see if anything new has happened. I logged in a bit a month or so ago after updating to the lastest patch and ran into a few old timers, one of which was Pi. I have been playing Star Wars Galaxies since launch last june, and am now one of the top Weaponsmiths on my server, so when I get bored, I see what is happening in the W:A world.

If anyone happens to play SWG, I'm on the Chilastra server as Stettin Palver
well, maybe we'll play sometime ;)

Sn!perWorm
2 Jul 2004, 11:14
No, because Deadcode is making it out of the goodness of his heart, and so he does not owe you anything, which is what you seem to be thinking. You owe him your gratitude, not impatience.
...and he does this because he wants to,not because he has to.
*is happier now because now he understands about what they're talking about*:)

zog
2 Jul 2004, 11:56
better? pah...

secure logins and ranks > colored maps

yhe, but this way we get both (supposedly), just a bit late. I'd rather have both late than one on time.

PsyDome
2 Jul 2004, 12:07
yhe, but this way we get both (supposedly), just a bit late. I'd rather have both late than one on time.
... i'm not going to dignify that with an answer...

oh wait, i just did

XxDangerxX
3 Jul 2004, 06:51
If you don't, then I will. I guess your "ungrateful" status suits you. I would also rather have both just a bit late. DeadCode's going in to a lot of work for this. (see above)

P.S. PRIVATE MESSAGES ARE BACK!!!!!! LET'S CELEBRATE!:D:D:D

Sn!perWorm
3 Jul 2004, 10:59
About what are you talking about?

XxDangerxX
4 Jul 2004, 06:09
Psydome said, "I'm not going to dignify that with an answer". I replied to him.

Sn!perWorm
4 Jul 2004, 09:02
OK,never mind,I don't understand all of this:p.

DBM
4 Jul 2004, 22:45
well i didnt know any of that,i thought Team17 or whoever pays him to make those programs.

M-Mathers
5 Jul 2004, 05:48
You guys should shut off the sound at the end of games (The big BANG sounds), cause it is going to make me deaf one of these days

Run
5 Jul 2004, 09:39
Pardon...?

Sn!perWorm
5 Jul 2004, 09:51
Yes,about what is he talking about:p.(I know,I'm boring:p).

Masol
7 Jul 2004, 09:48
Will be 'auto-away' in W:A 4.0 Update?

Sn!perWorm
9 Jul 2004, 08:14
Auto-away?What's that?

xOGCxmoses
9 Jul 2004, 08:48
Auto-away?What's that?

is that the equivilent of /away

Masol
9 Jul 2004, 10:43
Auto-away?What's that?
Automatic Away - it automatically activates "/away" after few moments of inactivity (no mouse moves, no keys pushed)

Glenn
9 Jul 2004, 15:45
is that the equivilent of /away
I think you mean /afk.

TonY
9 Jul 2004, 16:01
Automatic Away - it automatically activates "/away" after few moments of inactivity (no mouse moves, no keys pushed)

That's not a very good idea.

zog
9 Jul 2004, 16:07
I think you mean /afk.

uh.. they're both in the game and they both do the same thing ;)

Masol
9 Jul 2004, 16:25
That's not a very good idea.
why? sometimes someone leave computer (without activating "/away") and other must wait on their turn...

Sn!perWorm
9 Jul 2004, 19:45
Why not?Sounds good...especially if someone forgotto type /away or /afk :p.

Glenn
9 Jul 2004, 19:53
Okay, what he's proposing that there is an auto away feature that kicks in if your computer is idled for a long time. It's not a good idea because of this: If you're anything like me, you leave everything on the computer alone until it's your turn, except possibly a little chatting (especially if there's someone running around invisible). Now then, with this person running around invisible, you have to leave everything alone in order for the game to track him. Now let's say that turns are 30 seconds, and the idle time is set for 30 seconds. When that person's turn is over, the idle kicks in, and it instantly skips your turn. NOT GOOD. You see the problem now?

xOGCxmoses
9 Jul 2004, 20:32
I think you mean /afk.

both work, /afk was prior to the .19.15 update. after that point, they made it /away also.

Masol
10 Jul 2004, 09:19
Okay, what he's proposing that there is an auto away feature that kicks in if your computer is idled for a long time. It's not a good idea because of this: If you're anything like me, you leave everything on the computer alone until it's your turn, except possibly a little chatting (especially if there's someone running around invisible). Now then, with this person running around invisible, you have to leave everything alone in order for the game to track him. Now let's say that turns are 30 seconds, and the idle time is set for 30 seconds. When that person's turn is over, the idle kicks in, and it instantly skips your turn. NOT GOOD. You see the problem now?
not auto-kick! but auto-away

if he return to the computer, away will turn off and he can continue playing!

Run
10 Jul 2004, 09:48
I don't know about you, but my computer can't tell whether i'm "at" my computer or not.

Masol
10 Jul 2004, 10:02
I don't know about you, but my computer can't tell whether i'm "at" my computer or not.
can. If you are away, you are not moving mouse or pressing keys on keyboard...

zog
10 Jul 2004, 11:38
that doesn't mean you're not just sitting there staring at the computer ;). And it also doesn't mean you want your status to be automatically set to away, whether or not you're there. There may be reasons why people don't use it.

canofworms
10 Jul 2004, 13:38
Hey Deadcode! Here is some bugs

Screen flickers on screen editor on older graphic cards (eg Nvidia Riva TNT2)
The game quits after playing some games
On pre defined terrains the picture will have blank dots on it after games.

TonY
10 Jul 2004, 13:45
What if someone is just waiting for their turn...? What if they don't want to have to chat just to make sure the computer doesn't mark them as away...

Masol
10 Jul 2004, 13:52
What if someone is just waiting for their turn...?
in that case auto-away won't activate...

xOGCxmoses
10 Jul 2004, 16:34
Hey Deadcode! Here is some bugs

Screen flickers on screen editor on older graphic cards (eg Nvidia Riva TNT2)
The game quits after playing some games
On pre defined terrains the picture will have blank dots on it after games.

i used to have that video card.

make sure you update the driver for it (your video card). and also the directx to the current version of directx 9.0

however, your video card is really old!!! you can get much better ones now with 128mb memory on them for like $50. or even a 64mb one for about $20...thats much better considering that your video card only has about 32mb. :)

good luck

as far as the white dots....

... you might want to lay off that stuff your smoking...its starting to effect your eyes. :P lol

Glenn
10 Jul 2004, 18:28
not auto-kick! but auto-away

if he return to the computer, away will turn off and he can continue playing!
Ass! When I say kicks in I mean it as a figure of speech. But since you can't seem to get what I mean, then I'll just say turns on, then it skips your turn. People these days...

Masol
10 Jul 2004, 20:37
Ass! When I say kicks in I mean it as a figure of speech. But since you can't seem to get what I mean, then I'll just say turns on, then it skips your turn. People these days...
I still can't understand what you meant. Very sorry, but I'm not very good in English and I don't know most of "figures of speech". Please speak word for word and be understanding...

Star Worms
10 Jul 2004, 20:58
when he said 'kicks in' he meant the auto away feature would start.

SargeMcCluck
10 Jul 2004, 21:50

He's Polish, and figures of speech are bloody hard to get your head around if you're foreign... give him a chance ffs.

Glenn
12 Jul 2004, 15:20
He's Polish, and figures of speech are bloody hard to get your head around if you're foreign... give him a chance ffs.
*Looks at Location*
Oh, well then... nevermind... (maybe I should pay more attention to profiles... then again, maybe not...).

Sn!perWorm
12 Jul 2004, 15:59
I'm also Polish,and I also dunno what are those"figures of speech":p.

Anyway,has anyone seen in his game that suddenly colors become very weird and it's hard to see anything?For now,I haven't got any screenshot,but if it'll happen next time,I'll take one.However,this can be skipped by minimizing and restoring the game.I've got Windows XP Home.And,sometimes background is white if I'll select color one.

And I've got few USEFUL ideas:

If in some channel in WormNet,game will show how many players are in the server and how many is allowed.
An OPTION which (when is selected) makes collecting a crate to end your turn.
POWER SELECTION FOR UTILITIES!I know that someone has said this before,but it'll be useful.

Star Worms
12 Jul 2004, 16:10
How would a power selection for utilities work? (except for the jetpack (in which case it would be nice to have))

canofworms
12 Jul 2004, 16:18
Note about the auto away:

When auto away is activated, if you are manully placing the worms then the computer will place them for you.

PsyDome
12 Jul 2004, 16:58
Note about the auto away:

When auto away is activated, if you are manully placing the worms then the computer will place them for you.
why would you be away when the game start?

sounds rather stupid

Glenn
12 Jul 2004, 17:39
How would a power selection for utilities work? (except for the jetpack (in which case it would be nice to have))
Low Gravity - Adjusts how low the gravity goes
Sniper Sight - Adjusts the length of the targeting line
Invisible - Really, I don't even think this would work
Fast Walk - Adjusts how much the speed increases

Masol
12 Jul 2004, 18:49
nx Damage - adjusts multiplier of damage :> (1,5x Damage, 2x Damage, 2,5x Damage...)

Star Worms
12 Jul 2004, 19:01
Low Gravity - Adjusts how low the gravity goesI think Low Gravity would get out of hand if it went higher. Might get annoying for people online because they won't know how low the gravity is and could jump off the end.
Sniper Sight - Adjusts the length of the targeting lineFair enough.
Fast Walk - Adjusts how much the speed increasesI think on full power the worms would be moving far too quickly.

Glenn
12 Jul 2004, 20:36
What you have to remember is that the base is already set at power three (or at least, it would be to preserve continuity). So it would either be a bit above or a bit below what they already are.

Sn!perWorm
13 Jul 2004, 08:32
Exactly.However,Invisibility(I say:it's not my idea,it was before,but I really like it and want it)-affects how long it will work.Maybe:

Affects Worm which you move already,ends after two turns or after shooting a weapon.
Affects whole your team,ends after two turns or using a weapon.
Affects whole your team,ends after using a weapon(as now).
Affects whole your team and works until shooting TWO weapons,however,your Worms don't do any noises,jetpack and rope don't do sounds,and smoke doesn't appear after sudden hitting the floor.
Same as level 4,but works until shooting four weapons.

XxDangerxX
13 Jul 2004, 09:41
Not too shabby, SnW!

Sn!perWorm
13 Jul 2004, 09:48
Invisibility rules,I tell you;).

And :).(about SnW)

Star Worms
13 Jul 2004, 11:20
Well I'd want to know the power of the utilities before I start a match. If I go and check I'll get booted for not lighting up, if I don't then I risk the possibility of jumping and flying off the end and using invisibility but not knowing how many weapons I can use before I'm visible.