PDA

View Full Version : W:A 4.0 Beta Update

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Dunno618
25 Feb 2004, 19:09
One question, idont know if its a bug or im overlooking it but the fuse settings of a worm dropped mine should be adjustable either by the scheme weapon options or adjusted in game with the 1-2-3 buttons

MadEwokHerd
25 Feb 2004, 20:35
It's not a bug. It just isn't there. The fuse time of the mine weapon is configurable via the fiddler so customizing that via weapon schemes is planned.

Sn!perWorm
26 Feb 2004, 21:08
Leave the F-Key system as it is. That's half of the challenge and part of the fun.
I rarely use F's,I prefer RMB.

Keeper
27 Feb 2004, 09:38
i love the F-Keys... The only ones have a hard time remembering is like the french sheep strike or the nuclear test. and if you nuke the game in worm net every one will flip out!!!

Later,
Keeper

Sn!perWorm
27 Feb 2004, 18:48
Is it possible to make this ^$##@&$ AI5 less accurate???I've got VERY annoyed when it killed my last 10HP Worm with Bazooka,because...he got a good wind...and I was been hidden in the hole and my Worm was been very very very(300 times) hard to shoot.I think that many people got similar problems.

AndrewTaylor
28 Feb 2004, 13:54
Is it possible to make this ^$##@&$ AI5 less accurate???I've got VERY annoyed when it killed my last 10HP Worm with Bazooka,because...he got a good wind...and I was been hidden in the hole and my Worm was been very very very(300 times) hard to shoot.I think that many people got similar problems.
Yes: Play AI4.

Keeper
29 Feb 2004, 04:13
lol

that was simple

Sn!perWorm
29 Feb 2004, 19:19
Yes: Play AI4.
I think it's IMPOSSIBLE to make similar shot.I'll attach Paint picture(it's very similar).And one idea-add button which will lock the camera in the actual place.When shooting in long range with shotgun it's annoying when it aotomatically move.Left click will ccancel.

realfoe
29 Feb 2004, 21:44
I think it's IMPOSSIBLE to make similar shot.I'll attach Paint picture(it's very similar).And one idea-add button which will lock the camera in the actual place.When shooting in long range with shotgun it's annoying when it aotomatically move.Left click will ccancel.
you dont have any replays ?if u do why not show us your talking offline games i guess..of course you are online dosnt have ai.

MadEwokHerd
29 Feb 2004, 22:31
Or maybe you could add the wind to that picture so we can tell if it's possible?

(I wonder how hard it would be to "interrupt" recordings like in x-wing and tie fighter and, uh, start with the game in the state it is at that point; then we could prove it's possible)

zog
29 Feb 2004, 22:37
that would be an interesting idea.

Luckily we don't have the problem that occured in Worms 1, where the replay would show something entirely different to what actually happened, or show the wrong turn, and change the course of the entire game.

Madmaxquinn
1 Mar 2004, 00:37
Can the AI still skip go after firing just one shotgun shell? As I recall humans, cannot.

Keeper
1 Mar 2004, 05:39
i've been wondering about that my self.. why can we do that.. not that i'd want to, but rather why isn't the AI stuck to the 2 shotgun shell thing instaed they get to wimp out after one.. that's BS..

Lol

Later,
Keeper

Sn!perWorm
1 Mar 2004, 06:28
you dont have any replays ?if u do why not show us your talking offline games i guess..of course you are online dosnt have ai.
I'm don't saying you about my offline games,but I want to make their accuracy lower...one moment,I'm checking...

Yeah!I've got it.It's the last shot."Queen Mum"(on the top) shoots "Destroyer"(hidden in the hole on the bottom of the cliff) with bazooka.And yesterday,I've got GOLD MEDAL IN DROP ZONE!!!YAY!!!I HAVE ALL POSSIBLE GOLD MEDALS IN WA!I'll also attach replay.And After watching this replay(this from DM,not from Drop Zone),tell me:is it possible to make similar shot?I don't think so.

EDIT:And what about this camera locking?It will be a lot easier to get good time on rifle range or hit enemy from a big distance.And don't call it challenge-it's only an unwanted problem.Rifle range is make to practice with shotgun firing,not camera moving.

Glenn
1 Mar 2004, 14:13
I'm don't saying you about my offline games,but I want to make their accuracy lower...one moment,I'm checking...

Yeah!I've got it.It's the last shot."Queen Mum"(on the top) shoots "Destroyer"(hidden in the hole on the bottom of the cliff) with bazooka.And yesterday,I've got GOLD MEDAL IN DROP ZONE!!!YAY!!!I HAVE ALL POSSIBLE GOLD MEDALS IN WA!I'll also attach replay.And After watching this replay(this from DM,not from Drop Zone),tell me:is it possible to make similar shot?I don't think so.

EDIT:And what about this camera locking?It will be a lot easier to get good time on rifle range or hit enemy from a big distance.And don't call it challenge-it's only an unwanted problem.Rifle range is make to practice with shotgun firing,not camera moving.

That shot is so possible, it's just insane how possible it is. Of course that shot can be made, just about anything can be hit with a bazooka with the correct wind and power. In fact, had there been a bit more wind, you could have been hit perfectly for 30-45 damage.

Squirminator2k
1 Mar 2004, 14:32
AI5 is supposed to be difficult. It's the highest AI level in the game. If you can't handle it, get better. Simple as.

Some people are now complaining about factors of the game which are supposed to be the way they are and I quite frankly am getting sick of it. The game's too hard? Then get better at it. The computer AI is too difficult? Learn to out-think it. You can't see what weapons are available when you're not looking at the Weapons Panel? Remember what you have. It's a Strategy game, not a Dot-to-Dot drawing.

Madmaxquinn
1 Mar 2004, 14:49
I agree. AI5 is easy to beat. Actually I'd go as far as saying it is easier to beat than AI3 or 4 because it is so predicatble. Learn to use to darkside. What is the point of having a game if it is all handed to you on a plate?

Sn!perWorm
1 Mar 2004, 20:09
AI5 is supposed to be difficult. It's the highest AI level in the game. If you can't handle it, get better. Simple as.

Some people are now complaining about factors of the game which are supposed to be the way they are and I quite frankly am getting sick of it. The game's too hard? Then get better at it. The computer AI is too difficult? Learn to out-think it. You can't see what weapons are available when you're not looking at the Weapons Panel? Remember what you have. It's a Strategy game, not a Dot-to-Dot drawing.
OK,but if CPU starts with 10 Worm advantage,it will be good if it will be an ENEMY not a superhyperaccurate ROBOT.OH,and I forgotten about very short turn time..did you see this move?3 seconds more and I'll got a BANANA BOMB!Any more arguments?

MadEwokHerd
1 Mar 2004, 20:52
Better luck next time.

Glenn
1 Mar 2004, 20:56
Yes, you need to get a life. I could have very, VERY easily gotten that banana bomb on that turn, and even used it, and had enough time to retreat. And as it was, you would have never known it was a banana without the replay. Also, deathmatch is meant to be hard (at least for beginner-intermediate), so what did you expect. Finally, if your having that much trouble with it, think up some new strategies. There is one thing I noticed in that game, you never used a select worm, and you wasted half your ninja ropes. Only use ninja ropes when you need to, and they give you select worms FOR A REASON, learn to use them.

Squirminator2k
2 Mar 2004, 10:33
Quick question, Sn!perworm. How long have you been playing Worms for?

AndrewTaylor
2 Mar 2004, 11:25
OK,but if CPU starts with 10 Worm advantage,it will be good if it will be an ENEMY not a superhyperaccurate ROBOT.OH,and I forgotten about very short turn time..did you see this move?3 seconds more and I'll got a BANANA BOMB!Any more arguments?
Then don't give the CPU a 10 worm advantage. This is very simple stuff. Face facts: you are not a great player. If the game were brought down to your level, the good players would tire of it very quickly. If you want to make it easier, select a lower AI level and give them fewer worms, or select a scheme AI players aren't very good at. Don't bug T17 to make the top level computer teams deliberately worse.

Glenn
2 Mar 2004, 14:35
If anything, I think the computer AI needs to be harder than it is now. It's way, WAY too easy to beat the computer at level 5.

Plutonic
2 Mar 2004, 15:02
An AI6 would be great, one that thought strategically rather than only based on accuracy.
The shot shown there is a peice of ****, if you want to see what is humanly possible, go here:
http://wormscc.markindustries.net/tuts/bng/expert.php
There are harder shots to make - that can be - but I don't have that much spare time :D
Enjoy learning.

P.S - the shot your complaining about is under Reverse Wind.

realfoe
2 Mar 2004, 15:32
i dont play ai i find people more of a challenge ...you cant beat people ..well i cant anyway.

xOGCxmoses
2 Mar 2004, 16:47
boy o boy, all this from the original thread about how great the new patch is!!???

*moses pounds his staff on the ground and looks to the heavens to ask "please lord, let me have water!" and with a quick swoosh, all the worms in this forum have been drowned and are laying on the top soil for some kid to step on now.*

Sn!perWorm
2 Mar 2004, 18:41
Then don't give the CPU a 10 worm advantage. This is very simple stuff. Face facts: you are not a great player. If the game were brought down to your level, the good players would tire of it very quickly. If you want to make it easier, select a lower AI level and give them fewer worms, or select a scheme AI players aren't very good at. Don't bug T17 to make the top level computer teams deliberately worse.
Not?Play Elite level in DM!CPU has 13 Worm advantage.
P.S - the shot your complaining about is under Reverse Wind.
Yeah,I know.But he got LOTS of obstacles,wind was reverse,but not VERY powerful.If he'll shoot from the edge of a cliff-no problem,I sometimes made similar shot.But from this place-no thanks.I don't believe.
If anything, I think the computer AI needs to be harder than it is now. It's way, WAY too easy to beat the computer at level 5.
It needs to be more intelligent and less accurate.

Quick question, Sn!perworm. How long have you been playing Worms for?
*counts years*4-5 years.It started from WA demo.And if someone think that I can't beat DM's-moment,I'll attach replay in which I win Elite.

Oops,I deleted all replays:(.But in the evening I'll play Elite again and attach replay.And I have all gold medals in the game.In both missions and trainings.And Elite rank in DMs.I don't boast.I just tell you what I've done if you ask me how long I play Worms etc.
Better luck next time.
Yes,without luck no one can beat the deathmatch.Why?Because in DMs all things are random-worm placement,map,wind,crates,enemy accuracy...

zog
2 Mar 2004, 19:09

well if you're playing deathmatch then that's the point
It's got to be a challenge otherwise people would complain that it's too easy. You'd finish the game within a week and everyone would get bored.

Yeah,I know.But he got LOTS of obstacles,wind was reverse,but not VERY powerful.If he'll shoot from the edge of a cliff-no problem,I sometimes made similar shot.But from this place-no thanks.I don't believe.

if the computer can make the shot, then so can you. Okay, to be as good as AI5 in terms of the zook shots, you'd have to play approximately 24 hours per day, but the computer does not make impossible shots - it's all the same physics engine, if it can do it, it's possible.

Yes,without luck no one can beat the deathmatch.Why?Because in DMs all things are random-worm placement,map,wind,crates,enemy accuracy...

Deathmatch involves a lot less luck than, for example, a shoppe. A Skilled player uses what they end up with and wins anyway.. Yes you've beaten it on elite. Well then you're just proving to yourself that it's not too difficult. Its accuracy makes up for its lack of intelligence, it all evens out in the end (IMHO)

:)

AndrewTaylor
2 Mar 2004, 19:18
Perhaps you will just have to accept that maybe you aer not teh leet.

SargeMcCluck
2 Mar 2004, 19:30
It needs to be more intelligent and less accurate.

Intelligent AI is a total illusion anyway. Take in mind WA is 5 years old.

*counts years*4-5 years.It started from WA demo.And if someone think that I can't beat DM's-moment,I'll attach replay in which I win Elite.

You know, everyone seems to have played for 4-5 years, even people that are completely unknown by everyone until this year. It's rather impressive.

Run
2 Mar 2004, 20:13
I've been playing for about that long, only offline for the first two years as i was too stupid to know how to get it to work on the internet :)

Oddly enough I couldn't beat the missions or deathmatch without the skills i learned on wormnet, such as roping and the cluster-bum abuse.

Plutonic
2 Mar 2004, 21:23
Sniper, you missed my point entirely.
I wasn't telling you that the shot he did on you had a name. I was pointing out that on that site there is an animation of me doing a shot so much harder than the one done on you. If you play enough the AI5 shots realy arn't all that good.

Babylon
2 Mar 2004, 22:02
Yes, let’s have a really inaccurate AI5 so we can beat the computer all the time and feel really great about ourselves. Best suggestion yet.

Akdor 1154
3 Mar 2004, 04:34
The reason AI 5 is so perfect, is, well, because it is the simplest AI. AFAIK, all it has are the formulas of what angle and power to use to hit a specific shot, instructions on when and where to move/teleport, instructions on strike angles, and what weapon is best for a certain situation. All the other AIs have "randomness" (which is actually impossible to get when using a computer), and slightly incorrect formulas.

xOGCxmoses
3 Mar 2004, 17:13
since the subject matter of this tread has changed so greatly, does any1 know how to get your ranking on wormnet from one chevron to the three connected stars??? and what does it all mean?

i have completed all missions, most with gold rest with silver, and have elite status on DM.

but no change in ranking online??!!!! :(

AndrewTaylor
3 Mar 2004, 17:37
Ranks were disabled. People who have any rank other than beginner are using hacking programmes (which are why the ranks were disabled in the first place). These should stop working when ranks return.

Sn!perWorm
3 Mar 2004, 18:47
Yes, let?s have a really inaccurate AI5 so we can beat the computer all the time and feel really great about ourselves. Best suggestion yet.
I don't say"make in unaccurate",but it's imp...OK,if you want-very,very hard to make similar shot even for very very advanced player.
Intelligent AI is a total illusion anyway. Take in mind WA is 5 years old.
But it will be good if it will use the rope OR jetpack...Oh,and it has 5 years,but IMO it's best part of all Worms(my second is W3D).

And I attached promised replays.Played-4,Won-3,Lost-1.I won first on elite,I lost second on elite,I won Superstar,and won elite next time.All four replays are attached.

And I'm happy that you know now why I'm...no,why I WAS angry for tyhis shot:).

XxDangerxX
7 Mar 2004, 08:46
Hey Deadcode, how about an update?
I'm sure I speak for everyone on this thread.

Akdor 1154
7 Mar 2004, 22:13
I agree.

It's probably the only thing that'll get the thread back on topic ;)

Glenn
8 Mar 2004, 03:47
Another suggestion from me, any chance that a list could be created to show those that are in a game rather than just those in a room. You can't really contact them when their in-game, since they won't be paying attention to IMs (and probably won't be logged into them at all). So, you sit there for a long time, only to find out that they've been playing a game the whole time. It'd be a big help, so I hope you at least consider the idea ;).

Sn!perWorm
8 Mar 2004, 11:46
What about this camera lock?
And one idea-add button which will lock the camera in the actual place.When shooting in long range with shotgun it's annoying when it aotomatically move.Left click will ccancel.
And I have one idea-when I unlocked utilities(invisibility,jet pack,low gravity,fast walk and laser sight) it will be good to set also delay of utilities.

R0P4DUD3
9 Mar 2004, 03:05
As a noob to this forum I know I am subject to the ussual abuse but I'd like to suggest a level loading change. Currently if someone a host selects a color level it automatically starts downloading it on all the computers that joined; I suggest making it so if you already the the level you don't have to download it from the server... I'm not sure what you'd want to make sure matches up or if it is even possible but my unoptimized PorscheMoleShoppa has been hell to try and play with friends whom all already downloaded the map.

Pioneer322
9 Mar 2004, 03:14
As a noob to this forum I know I am subject to the ussual abuse
Dont worry about that, this is one of those forums where people treat you like, uh, humans ;0

but I'd like to suggest a level loading change. Currently if someone a host selects a color level it automatically starts downloading it on all the computers that joined; I suggest making it so if you already the the level you don't have to download it from the server... I'm not sure what you'd want to make sure matches up or if it is even possible but my unoptimized PorscheMoleShoppa has been hell to try and play with friends whom all already downloaded the map.

I agree this would be a good idea, but it might also start to build up space, like the replays... 99 games and 14 mb, uh, nvm. lol

CanibalBoB
9 Mar 2004, 03:33
I'd like to fight the AI online with friends. It's fun doing a 2vs4 AI, and they're on the hardest level. Yeah! One worm each for humans, max worms for AI, and we get banana bombs. :LD:D

Pioneer322
9 Mar 2004, 03:45
Its a good thing the AI uses the bannana bomb, 2/10 times it has it, or it depends on its situation. AI5 all the way to the right, 17 worms on the left, clear terrain but a bill on the left with the worms that are standing on and the bannana bomb is set to 5 starts with 2x damage, Boggy B!Come on down! You are the next contestant on the price is right! >:O

XxDangerxX
9 Mar 2004, 09:58
Good thing I just remembered:

In a thread I started a long time ago (which is now unfortunately deleted so that I can't quote it), I said something like this:UTILITIES NEED POWER LEVELS!
Jetpack current=3 power, 30 fuel units; vary in units of 10, range=10-50 fuel
Laser Sight current=3 power, 20 'dots'; vary in units of 5, range=10-30 dots
Fast Walk current=3 power, 6 'squirms' (per second); vary in units of 1 sq/s, range=4-8 sq/s
Low Gravity current=2 power, 2xheight; vary in units of 0.5xheight, range=1.5–3.5xheight

Now; as for Invisibility, this is a very difficult utility to get ideas for, but I'll try:
Ends after turn of use
Ends after use of any weapon
Ends after use of any weapon deployed from the worm itself (current)
Ends after 1 of your worms dies
Ends after an opponents team dies

All of the 4 Variables of Invisibility are open for suggestions

Did Deadcode include utility ammo edit in the beginning of this thread?

Sn!perWorm
9 Mar 2004, 12:40
Good thing I just remembered:

In a thread I started a long time ago (which is now unfortunately deleted so that I can't quote it), I said something like this:
Jetpack current=3 power, 30 fuel units; vary in units of 10, range=10-50 fuel
Laser Sight current=3 power, 20 'dots'; vary in units of 5, range=10-30 dots
Fast Walk current=3 power, 6 'squirms' (per second); vary in units of 1 sq/s, range=4-8 sq/s
Low Gravity current=2 power, 2xheight; vary in units of 0.5xheight, range=1.5–3.5xheight

Now; as for Invisibility, this is a very difficult utility to get ideas for, but I'll try:
Ends after turn of use
Ends after use of any weapon
Ends after use of any weapon deployed from the worm itself (current)
Ends after 1 of your worms dies
Ends after an opponents team dies

All of the 4 Variables of Invisibility are open for suggestions

Did Deadcode include utility ammo edit in the beginning of this thread?
WOW!I want this!Jet pack on 5 power with 4 turn delay..wow...;)

realfoe
9 Mar 2004, 21:22
As a noob to this forum I know I am subject to the ussual abuse but I'd like to suggest a level loading change. Currently if someone a host selects a color level it automatically starts downloading it on all the computers that joined; I suggest making it so if you already the the level you don't have to download it from the server... I'm not sure what you'd want to make sure matches up or if it is even possible but my unoptimized PorscheMoleShoppa has been hell to try and play with friends whom all already downloaded the map.

i wondered if you could make it so we could set an address to our web space that people can download the unziped maps

instead of getting it from my conection that dosnt go above 28.8 kbs for some reason

MadEwokHerd
9 Mar 2004, 21:23
Utility delays: this is settable in fiddler, therefore planned
Jet Pack fuel level: also settable in fiddler
Laser Sight length: not an option in fiddler so I don't believe it's in the game, therefore not likely
Fast Walk time: also not in fiddler
Low gravity level: and also not an option (and by the way, gravity is measured in length per time squared, not height and width)
Invisibility time: nope

XxDangerxX
9 Mar 2004, 23:07
I know that most of those utility options are not put in the game. That's why I suggested them; to put them in himself.

Now how about that update?

Plutonic
10 Mar 2004, 03:01
alot of WA is hard coded. Making large changes would probably have nasty side effects.

Keeper
10 Mar 2004, 05:39
i wondered if you could make it so we could set an address to our web space that people can download the unziped maps

instead of getting it from my conection that dosnt go above 28.8 kbs for some reason

in you modems properties chech your baud rate.. if you have a 56k modem then it should be at 11,000+
if that's okay call your service provider, modems will adjust depending on the server. if the server your calling has a 28.8 modem your modem will automaticly slow down to compinsate.. if thats the case .. get a new service provider. or a new access number.

Later,
Keeper

Sn!perWorm
11 Mar 2004, 11:58
I join to questions:when BU 4 will come out?And I'll be happy if my camera lock will be in.
And one idea-add button which will lock the camera in the actual place.When shooting in long range with shotgun it's annoying when it automatically move.Left click will cancel.

Deadcode
11 Mar 2004, 12:15
I join to questions:when BU 4 will come out?And I'll be happy if my camera lock will be in.Check my announcement in the Beta forum, you'll see I've added a camera lock. :)

W:A v3.6.19.17 Queued for Release (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17022)

EDIT: the lock currently only works during replay..

Kjatte
11 Mar 2004, 15:55
Hey, Deadcode! There is one thing wich is a must; You need to change the colour of the mortar bazooka. I would prefer red. :)

I hope you'll reply.

zog
11 Mar 2004, 16:31
I have to agree, it's too hard to notice when you've accidentally select mortar. However, I think it would be a fair amount of work to update all the sprites involved, so personally I wouldn't be unhappy at-all if it wasn't in.

tundraH
11 Mar 2004, 16:57
I would suggest an option to always display the weapon image (like with utilities) from the menu.

PsyDome
11 Mar 2004, 18:24
I would suggest an option to always display the weapon image (like with utilities) from the menu.
that's actually quite clever

just add it to the HUD, one image for primary weapon selected, and one image for secondary weapon selected (like when on rope)

Sn!perWorm
11 Mar 2004, 20:14
Check my announcement in the Beta forum, you'll see I've added a camera lock. :)

W:A v3.6.19.17 Queued for Release (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17022)

EDIT: the lock currently only works during replay..
That's good,but it will be good if it will be in-game.There is nothing more annoying that automatically moving camera:mad:.

R0P4DUD3
11 Mar 2004, 20:43
I'd like to suggest a level loading change. Currently if someone a host selects a color level it automatically starts downloading it on all the computers that joined; I suggest making it so if you already the the level you don't have to download it from the server... I'm not sure what you'd want to make sure matches up or if it is even possible but my unoptimized PorscheMoleShoppa has been hell to try and play with friends whom all already downloaded the map.
I agree this would be a good idea, but it might also start to build up space, like the replays... 99 games and 14 mb, uh, nvm. lol
What about if you just made it check to see if it could load the level locally, not download and save the level everytime.

Yeah so is the possible/pracical?

MadEwokHerd
12 Mar 2004, 01:01
Hey, Deadcode! There is one thing wich is a must; You need to change the colour of the mortar bazooka. I would prefer red. :)

I hope you'll reply.

That option is already in the game (accessable through fiddler)...though he'd have to make new sprites for it to be red, yes. So you could make the mortar launcher white. It would only take three new sprites to get a red launcher, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to actually make the sprites usable in that way.

Kjatte
12 Mar 2004, 08:58
That option is already in the game (accessable through fiddler)...though he'd have to make new sprites for it to be red, yes. So you could make the mortar launcher white. It would only take three new sprites to get a red launcher, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to actually make the sprites usable in that way.
Deadcode, I'll be happy to colour the frames in photoshop for you if you want me to. :)

zog
12 Mar 2004, 17:05

Are you sure? I thought there was a sprite for getting the weapon out, putting the weapon away, and moving the weapon up and down, all while standing in the facing up down and straight positions...

Sn!perWorm
12 Mar 2004, 18:41
I have an idea!Is it possible to make new sudden death mode-Armageddon?Simply,after end of round time armageddon will strike.It's good idea,isn't it?

Glenn
12 Mar 2004, 22:07
Er... no, because that would instantly kill everyone anyway.

svenneundulat
12 Mar 2004, 23:10
It would have to be a smaller amount of meteroid's in that case, but as it would be a more random feeling whenever they would come having it as a lower attack could work...

Plutonic
13 Mar 2004, 02:31
the people on my floor made a game not dissimilar, an armageddon dropped after everyone has had a turn and the best person at hiding wins... funny for hot seat, would be **** online.

Pioneer322
13 Mar 2004, 04:23
I just hosted a game, thing was, I went to choose a colour map... It wouldnt load. It loaded in map custom part, but then when I went back to the pre-game lobby, it just choose a random generated terrain.

Deadcode
13 Mar 2004, 04:45
I just hosted a game, thing was, I went to choose a colour map... It wouldnt load. It loaded in map custom part, but then when I went back to the pre-game lobby, it just choose a random generated terrain.Please try deleting your current.thm and tell me if that helps.

zog
13 Mar 2004, 10:28
Please try deleting your current.thm and tell me if that helps.

Well I also have the problem (as I said in the beta patch forum) and deleting current.thm doesn't work...

Deadcode
13 Mar 2004, 10:37
Well I also have the problem (as I said in the beta patch forum) and deleting current.thm doesn't work...Can you open a map and resave it under a different name, then exit and come back and try to open the resaved map, and tell me if that works?

zog
13 Mar 2004, 12:55
Can you open a map and resave it under a different name, then exit and come back and try to open the resaved map, and tell me if that works?

nope, no luck there. Although I haven't tried re-importing a full colour map and saving as PNG...

edit: nope, that doesn't work either.

Pioneer322
13 Mar 2004, 16:13
nope, no luck there. Although I haven't tried re-importing a full colour map and saving as PNG...

edit: nope, that doesn't work either.

It opens up an error when I click on a png map btw..

Deadcode
13 Mar 2004, 23:37

edit: nope, that doesn't work either.Please tell me exactly what doesn't work... you need to be more specific. Tell me exactly what you did and at what step it failed.

XxDangerxX
14 Mar 2004, 02:54
alot of WA is hard coded. Making large changes would probably have nasty side effects.

I doubt that it will do that with these. And even if it did, they wouldn't be that nasty. So you could just report any 'bugs' and Deadcode would fix them. I mean, they won't be that big, and I doubt there would really be that many of them, and anyway; he's already done so much, what's tha little tiny bit extra, hey?

Keeper
14 Mar 2004, 08:12

I hope you'll reply.

I agree that the mortar and bazooka should be different colors. i do't care which clorsa so long as thre different. i get confused... or rather i forget. and i usually assume that the bazzoka is armed when i have morter. it is quite anoying. also i don't see very well so the text at the top of the screen is a bit hard to see.... (accually i have a hard time with the white on black and vice versa) so i bearly pay attention to it. when switching weapons using F-keys it would be nice for a way to dustinguish the weapos more easily... of coure this is a personal thing for me.. and i doubt that many ppl have my trouble. so i would understand you overlooking this.

PS all! I HAVE A LEGAL COPY OF W:A NOW YEE HAW.. so can i loose the being watched status...i't be nice.

Later, all,
Keeper

Star Worms
14 Mar 2004, 09:02
hmmm can anyone tell me how to get the health bars of the teams at the bottoms up when you are playing - I did have it on but I think I must've accidently got rid of it and I can't remember how to get it open again....

Fusion0
14 Mar 2004, 12:25
Shift and Delete.

zog
14 Mar 2004, 13:57
Please tell me exactly what doesn't work... you need to be more specific. Tell me exactly what you did and at what step it failed.

I did exactly what you told me to, deadcode, opened the map, saved it under a different name, exited, came back, chose the map, and it gave me a random map on leaving the map editor, as before.

Sn!perWorm
14 Mar 2004, 16:32
Er... no, because that would instantly kill everyone anyway.
If they have bad defences...And this is the fun-full destruction!And Sudden Death will be sudden death not a little reducing of health!

Run
14 Mar 2004, 16:52
If they have bad defences...And this is the fun-full destruction!And Sudden Death will be sudden death not a little reducing of health!

There's already an ability to effectively draw the round when time runs out. Simply select 'no sudden death' in the game options menu, and the round will unexcitingly end.

and if you want armageddon on sudden death, throw one in your scheme.

Sn!perWorm
14 Mar 2004, 17:01
There's already an ability to effectively draw the round when time runs out. Simply select 'no sudden death' in the game options menu, and the round will unexcitingly end.

and if you want armageddon on sudden death, throw one in your scheme.
But:
1.There will be at least 2,not one(there must be at least 2 players)
2.It will not be IMMEDIATELY after the end of the round.
3.Players may use it when they want,so you'll have lot of time.
With armageddon as sudden death,all three problems will be resolved.OK?

Run
14 Mar 2004, 18:20
I don't what you mean in point 2. Or point 3. And i'm not sure why point 1 matters.

Just answer this:

If sudden death strikes, and sudden death is Armageddon, then the whole map will pretty much be destroyed and everyone will die, effectively drawing the round, right? So why bother? There's already a sudden death option that draws the round when time runs out. Use that instead.

If you want armageddon just for the sake of seeing lots of little meteorites, throw some in a scheme and fire them off yourself.

Keeper
15 Mar 2004, 03:16
I don't what you mean in point 2. Or point 3. And i'm not sure why point 1 matters.

Just answer this:

If sudden death strikes, and sudden death is Armageddon, then the whole map will pretty much be destroyed and everyone will die, effectively drawing the round, right? So why bother? There's already a sudden death option that draws the round when time runs out. Use that instead.

If you want armageddon just for the sake of seeing lots of little meteorites, throw some in a scheme and fire them off yourself.

i have lived through armegeddon attack

Pioneer322
15 Mar 2004, 03:58
Everyone has

gg

Run
15 Mar 2004, 08:06
Yes, but this feature is being suggested for sudden death, which occurs at the end of the round. Byt the time, then chances are most worms will be dead and the terrain will be half gone, making it horribly unlikely that anyone will survive.

Keeper
15 Mar 2004, 18:48
three blowtorches is all you need.. get deep enough and you won't take ANY damage.. provided you are deep enough. i have taken 0 damge.from armegeddon.. only once... but it is possable. perhaps the armegedon should last untill all worms are knocked into the water??? i'm not debunking the idea.. just tring to preven another bug that needs to be fixed before it even goes into motion.

Later,
Keeper

BTW: i no longer run the pirated version of W:A i have a real CD now with the T17 logo in it... so can i lose the being watched status to i can get an avatar and sig

snaik
15 Mar 2004, 20:38
All that was asked here was for another sudden death mode, it may not add to the gameplay in any particular way but it fits with the theme and is quite interesting. So who cares if it kills everyone anyway, adding a bit of randomness has never been a bad thing.

Infact it COULD add to gameplay. It opens up all sorts of games involving hiding away.
Build a tunnel-
build a bunker-
destroy other peoples shelter-
mixture of all above.
RR deeper under ground for protection-
etc etc

surely it cant be that bad and will it be particularly hard to code?

Pioneer322
15 Mar 2004, 20:48
The armageddon on sudden death, would make sudden death pointless. And second, schemes have an option to disable 'display timer', so building bunkers (which would be annihilated) would be useless.

And it probibly is hard to code

MadEwokHerd
15 Mar 2004, 21:38
And it probibly is hard to code

This last one isn't true. It's possible in fiddler to create a scheme with an armageddon event n turns into the game. Ok, so that's not quite the same as armageddon sudden death since it's not based on a timer, but it probably would be relatively easy to code. Come to think of it, that means something very similar is a planned feature, by way of being in fiddler (armageddon after n turns :D). Woot.

Keeper
16 Mar 2004, 00:54
This last one isn't true. It's possible in fiddler to create a scheme with an armageddon event n turns into the game. Ok, so that's not quite the same as armageddon sudden death since it's not based on a timer, but it probably would be relatively easy to code. Come to think of it, that means something very similar is a planned feature, by way of being in fiddler (armageddon after n turns :D). Woot.

turned based armeggeddon happens in one of the later mission.. i forget which... there is a hostage worm which must be protected. so yes i agree that a sudden death armeggeddon would be pretty cool. RR'ing to safety would be pretty cool too. armegeddon makes a pretty bad mess of the terain ... however if there is enough of the terain it won't be completely destroyed.

The concept is cool and i think i'll leave and open fiddler to try that... ty for the idea

Later all,
Keeper

Armeggeddon deathmatch any one

R0P4DUD3
16 Mar 2004, 01:56
Me: I'd like to suggest a level loading change. Currently if someone a host selects a color level it automatically starts downloading it on all the computers that joined; I suggest making it so if you already the the level you don't have to download it from the server... I'm not sure what you'd want to make sure matches up or if it is even possible but my unoptimized PorscheMoleShoppa has been hell to try and play with friends whom all already downloaded the map.

Pioneer: I agree this would be a good idea, but it might also start to build up space, like the replays... 99 games and 14 mb, uh, nvm. lol

Me again: What about if you just made it check to see if it could load the level locally, not download and save the level everytime.

Yeah so is the possible/pracical?I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying but I'd really like to know if this is being considered. I'm sorry if I just broke a hidden taboo rule =X.

Deadcode
16 Mar 2004, 03:21
I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying but I'd really like to know if this is being considered. I'm sorry if I just broke a hidden taboo rule =X.
GO SIT IN THE CORNER!

Naw, seriously, it's on the list. Map caching is something i'd lilke to implement at some point.

Sn!perWorm
16 Mar 2004, 08:09
WOW!First time in this forum more than one person is liking my idea;).When sudden death will be set as armageddon,everyone will not only fight,but also hide.You can also use terrain like in Countdown To Armageddon mission(Hey,Keeper-it's this one).After armageddon survivors(if someone will survive...;) ) will fight to the death.And first time I'll afraid of sudden death.(nuke-little danger,raising water-I even like it,health reduction-in most situations it's helping me,,round draw-never used)

Oh,and you may also create scheme in which armageddon will be,for example,after six turns.Before it,anyone will diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and after it,all players will receive weapon.There may be a lot of combinations!

Keeper
16 Mar 2004, 13:20
WOW!First time in this forum more than one person is liking my idea;).When sudden death will be set as armageddon,everyone will not only fight,but also hide.You can also use terrain like in Countdown To Armageddon mission(Hey,Keeper-it's this one).After armageddon survivors(if someone will survive...;) ) will fight to the death.And first time I'll afraid of sudden death.(nuke-little danger,raising water-I even like it,health reduction-in most situations it's helping me,,round draw-never used)

Oh,and you may also create scheme in which armageddon will be,for example,after six turns.Before it,anyone will diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and after it,all players will receive weapon.There may be a lot of combinations!

Definaly have to break out fiddler... this get's better and better. I have to know if there is a way to install worms a second time to a different directory, so i can use it unpatched.. it don't work when i try to run the setup again. that way i'll be able to use fiddler with out reinstalling worms and loosing all my data.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Next Deadcode i would like very much if you could vist the cl2k forum ... uh.. ****wit central...(can i say that at this forum) you'll know the thread when you see it.. I am getting hammered here.

Lastly (i hope) i too experecnce the shivering worm on XP. now my monitor can not really be adjusted. 60, 70 or 72 MHz refresh rate that's it. also my video card (on win 98) can't take direct X 8.1 or higher it spazzes out and i can't see anything. However Win XP (on other HDD) comes with directX 9.0 installed. and it works. don't no why but i figure that's what's causing my problems....

Thanks, DC,
Leter,
Keeper

Sn!perWorm
16 Mar 2004, 20:54
Definaly have to break out fiddler... this get's better and better. I have to know if there is a way to install worms a second time to a different directory, so i can use it unpatched.. it don't work when i try to run the setup again. that way i'll be able to use fiddler with out reinstalling worms and loosing all my data.

Next Deadcode i would like very much if you could vist the cl2k forum ... uh.. ****wit central...(can i say that at this forum) you'll know the thread when you see it.. I am getting hammered here.

Lastly (i hope) i too experecnce the shivering worm on XP. now my monitor can not really be adjusted. 60, 70 or 72 MHz refresh rate that's it. also my video card (on win 98) can't take direct X 8.1 or higher it spazzes out and i can't see anything. However Win XP (on other HDD) comes with directX 9.0 installed. and it works. don't no why but i figure that's what's causing my problems....

Thanks, DC,
Leter,
Keeper
Do you know where to get this fiddler?If you can,can you PRECISELY tell me where it is?I asked kikumbob,but he haven't replied yet:-/.

MadEwokHerd
16 Mar 2004, 21:52
You know, now that I think about it.........*searches hard drive*......

Y2K Worms was designed before The dreaded New Year hit, back when people feared the apocalypse. Now we look back on those days and laugh, but almost everyone had thought to some degree that something might go wrong. Y2K Worms takes place in a world where everything went wrong, which isn't historically accurate, but still fun.

The Rules:
1. One Worm per team is preferred. There is the option to have more worms when there are fewer players as long as the following rules are followed:
A.All teams must have the same number of worms
B.The total number of worms must not exceed 6
2. The number of players must not be 5.
3. No attacks are to be made before New Years. The time will be much better used constructing your shelter
4. No alliances are to be made.
5. Everything else is fair game. Except for enabling the "place 'n' shoot walls" They don't work very well and if you click on a worm with them, it drowns.

It is very important to follow these rules because of the scripted nature of the fiddle. There are 12 turns before New years, so all numbers of teams besides 5 work. The fewer the number of teams, the more turns you have before New Years and the faster you get weapons; and the opposite is true. The more theams they have the fewer turns your have before New Years and it takes longer to get weapons.
Have fun!

Sn!perWorm
17 Mar 2004, 12:55
You know, now that I think about it.........*searches hard drive*......
OK,but how to get fiddler?*tired*

xOGCxmoses
17 Mar 2004, 16:49
unbelievable.... all this from the starting tread of what the W:A 4.0 Beta Update is about and what changes wed all like to see.

No matter though, still interesting to read all the worm adict stuff :)

Sn!perWorm
18 Mar 2004, 17:50
unbelievable.... all this from the starting tread of what the W:A 4.0 Beta Update is about and what changes wed all like to see.

No matter though, still interesting to read all the worm adict stuff :)
Do you mean my question about fiddler;)?

Akdor 1154
19 Mar 2004, 09:31
Do you mean my question about fiddler;)?
I have it on my HDD, I just can't post it - its only 600kb ;)

Should I email it to ya?

Sn!perWorm
19 Mar 2004, 20:27
I have it on my HDD, I just can't post it - its only 600kb ;)

Should I email it to ya?
No,thanks.Kikumbob given me the link!AT LAST!

XxDangerxX
19 Mar 2004, 23:50
This patch is amazing mate! The only reason I'm feedback-king now, is because I only found my W: A CD-ROM 2 days ago! The end of the speed '3' replay (see below) is spectacular! Never before in my whole life of Worms games have I seen an explosion of that magnitude! Nice work, Deadcode; thanks! Keep up the good work.

I've made 2 games in particular. The one involving the CPU teams should be viewed @ speed '4', (your not expected to watch the whole thing, but I mainly like the 2 HHG bits) where the one with the longer filename should be viewed at speed '3', and normal speed towards the end (at the blowtorch bit). I added some bits for laughing pleasure in there somewhere for you guys.

Happy laughing!

I might download some of yours' now...

I also have some more requests: Have an "Overwrite terrain?" message (.bit, not .bmp etc.) in the map edit screen
Have a folder under "user" called "menu loops" and you can put all your custom loops that you fancy from various places where you've heard them. (I've got a handy little $3,600 keyboard next to our computer!) Has any of you heard of Fruityloops by Image-line Software? Anyway, then when you start the game, a menu comes up saying which of them you want played "this time"

Now; who want me to send them some of my spectacular menu-loops? All you have to do is give me your e-mail address so that I can send them to you in an attachment. (trust me, it's worth it!)

The following people only have to request the menu-loops, because I already have their address:
Akdor1154
Akuryou13
Bloopy
Braininator
Fudgeboy
Joshworm
Sonicrazy
Vahagn

Just so you know, if anyone gives me their email address, I keep it unless they otherwise specify. So you only have to say the word and I'll deletd it straight away.

Plutonic
20 Mar 2004, 00:49
I have fruityloops studio 4, great program :) if not completely off-topic.

XxDangerxX
20 Mar 2004, 08:57
Great! Then I'll send you my FL (v3.56) file and you can get your Worms: Armageddon menu loop quicker. This is not off topic because this is towards more pleasurable experience whilst playing Worms: Armageddon. It also means that whoever has FL (v3.56 or higher) don't waste precious downloading time, which they could have otherwise spent playing Wormnet. All the pieces fit!

Sn!perWorm
20 Mar 2004, 15:57
No,thanks.Kikumbob given me the link!AT LAST!
Hey,Akdor!Can you send me the fiddler?I've got some problems...My email-sniper_worm@op.pl
And,XxDangerxX can you also send me this loop?My email above.

Keeper
20 Mar 2004, 21:40
well i'll send ya fiddler .. im me on MSN.. energy_keeper@hotmail.com. NOTE: Fiddler 4.0 does not work on the W:A games if you have the new patch updates. you can use it only if your running W:A 3.00 , 3.50, or 1.0

later,
Keeper

XxDangerxX
21 Mar 2004, 03:13
Deadcode, could you work on a zoom in on the terrain edit? And maybe edit colour maps as well?
Also, how's the Fully customisable hosting coming along?

Pioneer322
21 Mar 2004, 11:04
Ms-paint does a good job, try that.

Meanwhile Beta = TESTING.

These new patches are getting more buggier. Not that DC's coding sux, but things like the rope bug (shooting, but not attaching therefor wasting a rope if your playing elite), Worm hitting roof loses turn bug, the, being-not-able-to-select-color-maps bug, and the cavern roof part. Give cavern roof an option, not a default, I had to keep telling this guy- "RIGHT CLICK" and he was thinking of left click (which borders entire map)

w/e

PsyDome
21 Mar 2004, 11:15
Give cavern roof an option, not a default

w/e
that has never been an issue before...

Pioneer322
21 Mar 2004, 11:26
Uhg brainfart

I meant give roof caverns default again, and disable roof cavern as another button. God its 6 am and I still havent gotten into bed :O

Deadcode
21 Mar 2004, 12:35
Meanwhile Beta = TESTING.

These new patches are getting more buggier. Not that DC's coding sux, but things like the rope bug (shooting, but not attaching therefor wasting a rope if your playing elite), Worm hitting roof loses turn bug, the, being-not-able-to-select-color-maps bug, and the cavern roof part. Give cavern roof an option, not a default, I had to keep telling this guy- "RIGHT CLICK" and he was thinking of left click (which borders entire map)

w/eThe rope bug is mostly fixed in 3.6.19.18.1. Download it. (http://www.wwwclan.de/WA_Update-3.6.19.18.1_Beta.zip) Roping worms hitting a roof ALWAYS lost their turn, why are you listing that? I've fixed the color-map-hosting bug and that fix will be in 3.6.19.19 (which also more completely fixes the rope bug, AFAIK). As for the cavern detection, if you'd read the history you'd have seen the logic behind that change under v3.6.19.7 Beta Updates:
The logic for classifying a custom map as island or cavern has changed. Now, it is only a cavern if its eight topmost rows of pixels are entirely filled. (Before, it was only an island if its entire top, left and right edges were empty.) The reason for this change is that it matches the game's logic; the cavern border added by the game itself always overlaps the top eight rows. To facilitate this in the editor, right clicking on the Borders button will now add a top border, turning the map into a cavern.In other words, a map will default to cavern if and only if its top 8 pixel rows are entirely full. Right clicking the borders button actually toggles those 8 rows between empty and full. So yes, some old maps that intend to be a cavern don't default to be one anymore, but the advantage is that map space can be utilized edge-to-edge without forcing a map to be cavernized.

Kjatte
21 Mar 2004, 12:53
Deadcode, could you comment this thread please?
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17259

thank you :)

Sn!perWorm
21 Mar 2004, 20:31
well i'll send ya fiddler .. im me on MSN.. energy_keeper@hotmail.com. NOTE: Fiddler 4.0 does not work on the W:A games if you have the new patch updates. you can use it only if your running W:A 3.00 , 3.50, or 1.0

later,
Keeper
I don't have MSN:(.Can you sent it by email?(link-sniper_worm@op.pl)

................................................WI LL IT WORK WITH 3.6.19...(I don't remember,but it's latest beta update) BETA UPDATE?IT MUST WORK!

Squirminator2k
21 Mar 2004, 21:46
Fiddler has not worked since BETA2.

Dodgymat
22 Mar 2004, 15:44
So yes, some old maps that intend to be a cavern don't default to be one anymore, but the advantage is that map space can be utilized edge-to-edge without forcing a map to be cavernized.

Is there an easy way to 'fix' old maps so they still work as intended ? We noticed this 'difference' last week trying to play one of GC's old JetPacRaces & the top/sides were messed up. Shoulda mentioned it really. :p

Deadcode
22 Mar 2004, 17:49
Is there an easy way to 'fix' old maps so they still work as intended ? We noticed this 'difference' last week trying to play one of GC's old JetPacRaces & the top/sides were messed up. Shoulda mentioned it really. :pJust right-click the Borders button in the map editor to turn the map back into a cavern, and resave it.

Sn!perWorm
22 Mar 2004, 18:07
Fiddler has not worked since BETA2.
SO IT WILL NOT WORK WITH 3.6.19.16???

Star Worms
22 Mar 2004, 19:03
no, and stop using capitals.

zog
22 Mar 2004, 19:53
especially since there never was a 3.6.19.16 Beta patch :P

MuitoLouco
23 Mar 2004, 06:11
I have a suggestion for maps that have Start and Finish, like RRs and such.

PNGs can store transparent colours in the alpha channel, right?
How about if Worms detects a transparency in a PNG, it will only let the worms fall from that part of the sky.

So the little room in an RR marked by Start would have transparent pixels filling it, and all the worms would consequently fall onto the Start floor.

Deadcode
23 Mar 2004, 07:23
I have a suggestion for maps that have Start and Finish, like RRs and such.

PNGs can store transparent colours in the alpha channel, right?
How about if Worms detects a transparency in a PNG, it will only let the worms fall from that part of the sky.

So the little room in an RR marked by Start would have transparent pixels filling it, and all the worms would consequently fall onto the Start floor.Unfortunately, only RGB PNGs can have an alpha channel (RGBA). It's not supported in palletized PNGs.

I'm seriously considering switching to a proprietary format with an export-to-PNG. I could get better compression that way and more elegantly support things like designated placement and more advanced map scripting.

In the meantime I've been working on pattern recognizers, where you put a #FF00FF magenta pattern into a map and it is parsed into a worm placement, for example. The disadvantage is that they can't overlap the map (which might be useful for designating pivot points and boundaries for advanced scripting and stuff) and it also cannot bundle soil textures and backgrounds with a map.

XxDangerxX
23 Mar 2004, 08:54
Hey I just realised: Has anyone discovered what the right clicking a .WAgame file does? For those who don't know, it brings up a sub-menu. Try it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. But what I'm referring to, is the "extract terrain" option. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEA AT ALL WHAT IT MEANS??? It means that we can FINALLY GET THAT SUPER SHEEP MISSION MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAA!!!!A!A!!A!!!!
This is so exciting!
I've got some plans for that map.

P.S.
APJ, or whoever is the webmaster now, please don't put me in you "being watched" list. This was a one-off kind of post for me. It's very rare that I do this.

P.P.S.
Have a look at this, people. I won't tell you why, it'll spoil it. I'll just tell you it was Warped/CPU 4/Yellow.

Keeper
23 Mar 2004, 14:04
GOOD JOB DEADCODE

nice on the right clicking of a wagame.

secondly, me and my wife play over our network often, but every 2 or three games she tends to desync, what exactly causes that? and i am having a problem hosting the games. when i import a map that i made... (a dhoppa) we polay it it no problem. then i can't change maps. it keeps going back to the same map when i exit the terain editor. i have even tried playing one of the maps in the drop down box (horney) that's when she desynced.

I don't know if it's me, her, or what. i know it isn't my network.

BTW i am running WIN 98 and serving to network. she is WIN XP pro... could this be a problem?

Later,
Thanks again DC,
Keeper

BTW: when she tries to edit a team the game srashes.... i have no problems with the team editor. even when i had WIN XP i had no problems with the team edior. It seems like her PC just don't like worms. also.. i reinstalled worms and now the maps can be changed but the png files don't work..

Sn!perWorm
23 Mar 2004, 17:51
no, and stop using capitals.
:( I must try to copy my installation of WA(it has about 2 years... :rolleyes: ) and uninstall update from it...IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIX N NEXT UPDATE??? :D And about capitals-I want the fiddler!And that's why I use'em.

Glenn
23 Mar 2004, 22:13
Check her user folders for any improperly formatted graves and flags. All graves should be 24x32 and 1.80 KB. All flags should be 20x17 and 1.38 KB. Move (or delete) anything that do not match these specs. And you cannot possibly realize how many times I answer this question :p .

Dodgymat
24 Mar 2004, 04:59
Just right-click the Borders button in the map editor to turn the map back into a cavern, and resave it.

Ah-ha. Cheers DC.

Sn!perWorm
24 Mar 2004, 18:10
Check her user folders for any improperly formatted graves and flags. All graves should be 24x32 and 1.80 KB. All flags should be 20x17 and 1.38 KB. Move (or delete) anything that do not match these specs. And you cannot possibly realize how many times I answer this question :p .
MY question?I didn't asked about graves or flags.:p

Glenn
24 Mar 2004, 21:21
If you would have looked one more post above mine, you would have seen I was answering Keeper's question...

Sn!perWorm
25 Mar 2004, 20:16
If you would have looked one more post above mine, you would have seen I was answering Keeper's question...
Above your post there's mine post and you didn't quoted or writed who's question you want to answer:p.And I have three ideas for little OPTIONS:
-Graves as terrain-you may just jump on graves and they're treated as a land(but indestructible if below option isn't selected).Also,more graves will stand on each other!
-Destructible graves-like in W2-they'll explode after few shots.
-"Flying" graves-explosions are thrtowing'em off.

Glenn
26 Mar 2004, 01:30
Hmm... intreaguing (sp?). The only problem is with very small tunnels (and indy terrain), worms could very easily get trapped. Also, how do you cover when a worm may be standing on the same spot as a dying worm?

BTW, I'm too lazy to hit the quote button (since it's just so much easier to do a plain reply). Besides, all these reply buttons, with only the one at the bottom being the quoteless reply, get a bit confusing as the day goes on.

Sn!perWorm
26 Mar 2004, 17:28
Eh,I use more often "quote" button than "post reply":p.Trapped Worms...this is only an option,you must be careful!And in ind. terrain you cannot dig in the land.

Escaping...maybe a fourth mode(you can still move if you are still alive and undamaged when Worms are blowing up)?If not,look above(BE CAREFUL!).

MadEwokHerd
26 Mar 2004, 20:42
-Graves as terrain-you may just jump on graves and they're treated as a land(but indestructible if below option isn't selected).Also,more graves will stand on each other!

Why do I get the feeling that's not nearly as difficult as it sounds?

Sn!perWorm
26 Mar 2004, 20:47
Why do I get the feeling that's not nearly as difficult as it sounds?
???IMO it doesn't sound difficult:p.

Akdor 1154
27 Mar 2004, 09:26
Hi!

Sorry about my absence, I got a new HDD and needed to reinstall everything - 120 GB instead of 20 GB! :D ;-) (You'll also be pleased to know that the very first thing that went on was W:A)
Anyways, those loops sound like a good idea, XxDangerxX - are you a musical person too?
My keyboard is behind my PC chair - my PC speakers are crappy so I run my sound through that. Really helps on Halo. ;)

Sn!perWorm - Have you got the Fiddler yet? I just don't want to clog up your inbox if you already have it.

And a new suggestion - I'm not sure how much programming this would take up, but how about, if a worm is on top of an oil drum (or animated grave, if Sn!pe's suggestion is implemented), then the worm moves up and down with the top of the object. Could come in handy - if someone is really good with the shotgun, just hop on top of a grave - I don't recommend doing it with an oil drum ;)

Hmm... I should start challenging Paul.Power's Top Waffling status!

Sn!perWorm
27 Mar 2004, 09:34
Sn!perWorm - Have you got the Fiddler yet? I just don't want to clog up your inbox if you already have it.
No,can you send it to me?And it's Fiddler 4?And will it work on 3.6.19.14 version?

XxDangerxX
28 Mar 2004, 05:02
Will it work on 3.6.19.14 version?
No it will only work with versions BEFORE ßeta 2

Sn!perWorm
28 Mar 2004, 13:06
No it will only work with versions BEFORE ßeta 2
So...1.0 or 3.0?I must copy my WA installation and uninstall 3.6.19.14 on one :rolleyes: .And will it be possible to fix in next BU?

MadEwokHerd
29 Mar 2004, 03:22
Well, it would be basically impossible for team17 to fix wa to work with fiddler because of the way fiddler works. Fudge Boy tried making a new version of fiddler for the new betas a while back, but I think he stopped work on it as it wasn't the final version..

Hopefully, when the final is released, Fudge Boy will have no reason to make a new version of fiddler for it.

Keeper
29 Mar 2004, 07:10

TY for the info.. but i had done that already. i am using on ly the standard graves and stuff. i havn'e downloaded anything except maps and schemes. I already reinstalled worms and now everything seems to work okay. she still dsysincs once in a while but no more then what happen on wormnet.

BTW: I've seen you mention this before and that was why i checked it out ( my user folder i mean)

Some pages ago, DC mentioned that he would try to implement a version of "fiddler" into the W:A game it's self. givving you more options to play with then the regular weapons and scheme editor does. i'm not sure exactly how far that's went thus far. but i am sue that DC's good for his word. in fact is was my idea ... or atleast i think it was.. to do this. As i was upset as well that fiddler di not work. However, I would gladly trade my fiddler 4.0 for DC's updates. my game runs beter then ever, smoother and far more stable now then it did when i still ran that Kazaa Special. Since the introduction of color maps I have begun building my own terains amd such and am even thinking of hosting a special tourney.. once all is done!

One last thing: I HAVE A LEGAL COPY OF WORMS NOW... CAN I PLEASE BE TAKEN OFF THE "BEING WATCHED" list!?!?!?!?! please please please please please please?

Later,
Keeper

XxDangerxX
29 Mar 2004, 07:17
I agree! TAKE HIM OFF THE LIST! THIS IS VERY CRUEL!

Now DeadCode, I have an idea for a feaure, and a request for a bug-fix:

Feature: Manual-placement for mines and drums
Big-Fix: Repair the "tools" terrain type (in the terrain editor)

Keeper
29 Mar 2004, 07:30
I agree! TAKE HIM OFF THE LIST! THIS IS VERY CRUEL!

Now DeadCode, I have an idea for a feaure, and a request for a bug-fix:

Feature: Manual-placement for mines and drums
Big-Fix: Repair the "tools" terrain type (in the terrain editor)

thanks for the support!

the manual placement of mines and drums was discussed in pages that lie behind. DC said that he would work on this.

Later,
Keper

BTW I have been "being watched for close to 3 months now, if i never get taken off i really don't care, AJP (or was it APJ) unbanned me and atleast i can post. A forum doesn't change my life. "being watched" is something I earned cause i got the game on a HDD from my buddy who downloaded it from Kazaa. And then I went an ran my mouth about it. if i'd a shut upo in the first place i wouldn't have this issue. So like i said, if i never get off being watched, i don't really care. there are a million other forums i post at from W:A to Final Fantasy. this is the only one i am being watched on so i really don't care.

I do care about Deadcode getting all the bug's out out of W:A and finishing the patch. Speaing of which, i think i found one DC but im not sure. I took a screenshot but i can post attachments. my grave fell into a 5 px hole in an indesrtuctable terain. graves being far wider then that, it shouldn't have fit... simple and harmless, if if nags you, fix it.. if not, it's really not hurting anything.

Later,
Keeper

PS f-u-t-u-r-e is how that's spelled... not that i should correct anyone with the way i type....lol

IDEA!.. how about allowing rope knocking as an option in network games. me and my wife would like to use this option without hearing the rattlig of our modem. (please don't any one say to get highspeed to kill the modem ratttle, i live in the bood dox dial up is all that's offered. i can't even get satelight cause of tree coverage)

Reaperz
29 Mar 2004, 08:11
So you mean that in this patch you can: place as many mines and oil drums where ever you want? when is this patch going to be released???

XxDangerxX
29 Mar 2004, 11:55
That's what I'd like to know as well. I can just imagine it. In fact, A lot of things that I've imagined have come true from this thread! And I just have to say:
Thank you SO MUCH DeadCode. You are a living legend in your own time.

BTW, how is the fully customisable hosting coming along? How about a progress update report?
(Bulleted list with all the added bug-fixes and features (the same format as what you put in you reports that come with the actual executables) (In other words, don't make it complicated tech-talk))

Run
29 Mar 2004, 13:19
PS f-u-t-u-r-e is how that's spelled... not that i should correct anyone with the way i type....lol

I think he meant 'feature' but spelt it wrong anyway. I'm not sure why, but when i visited this thread today it was the first thing i picked out... I'll come back and make a worth-while comment later.

realfoe
29 Mar 2004, 14:39
thanks for the support!

the manual placement of mines and drums was discussed in pages that lie behind. DC said that he would work on this.

Later,
Keper

BTW I have been "being watched for close to 3 months now, if i never get taken off i really don't care, AJP (or was it APJ) unbanned me and atleast i can post. A forum doesn't change my life. "being watched" is something I earned cause i got the game on a HDD from my buddy who downloaded it from Kazaa. And then I went an ran my mouth about it. if i'd a shut upo in the first place i wouldn't have this issue. So like i said, if i never get off being watched, i don't really care. there are a million other forums i post at from W:A to Final Fantasy. this is the only one i am being watched on so i really don't care.

I do care about Deadcode getting all the bug's out out of W:A and finishing the patch. Speaing of which, i think i found one DC but im not sure. I took a screenshot but i can post attachments. my grave fell into a 5 px hole in an indesrtuctable terain. graves being far wider then that, it shouldn't have fit... simple and harmless, if if nags you, fix it.. if not, it's really not hurting anything.

Later,
Keeper

IDEA!.. how about allowing rope knocking as an option in network games. me and my wife would like to use this option without hearing the rattlig of our modem. (please don't any one say to get highspeed to kill the modem ratttle, i live in the bood dox dial up is all that's offered. i can't even get satelight cause of tree coverage)

why dont you just sign up with a new name and post replays on that and live with the unique status.thats what im gonna do.

Sn!perWorm
29 Mar 2004, 19:24
When will next BU come out?And I'll be happy if camera lock will be implemented.I hate when I try to hit an enemy.Almost targeted,BOOM!Camera moves :mad: .And what about using-a-weapon-doesn't-end-your-turn or lot-of-crates mode?and if UAWDEYT mode will be implemented,MAY TIME TURN BE NORMAL,NOT CUTTED LIKE IN WWP?If I want 15 seconds,I'll set 15 seconds turn :mad: .And maybe a 3 second delay between turns in hot seat?

Glenn
29 Mar 2004, 20:44
Hey Keeper. Apparently always-on-top programs mess with the team editor. So you should be checking for that as well. This was posted by Sarge McCluck here. (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17347)

Keeper
30 Mar 2004, 03:17
Hey Keeper. Apparently always-on-top programs mess with the team editor. So you should be checking for that as well. This was posted by Sarge McCluck here. (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17347)

lol will do.

eh.. i have signed up under various nics...

CADE
Sinclair,
Worms_ek
as well as afew others.. all were eventually discovered. APJ merged them all back into my keeper account. I am happy with the ability to post.. Keeper is the name i use on WN and it is the one i like. Keeper is the nic i have had for a while and i'm kinda attached to it.

Later,
Keeper

W^^W
30 Mar 2004, 10:08
I haven't posted here in over a year.. Oh well.. Deadcode, I'm pretty sure you might have mentioned this in an update, or something of yours.. But when I watch a replay and press "s" to make it go slow, I can't finish the game, a.k.a, My computer crashes, is this already fixed, or is there a certain button i need to press on my keyboard to make it end? Thanks..

P.S (I tried every button on my keyboard, so if it's a button I have to press.. I'm a dolt.)

realfoe
30 Mar 2004, 14:12
works for me when i press 1-5 .you siad you pressed all the keys so i guess that isnt your prob.

XxDangerxX
2 Apr 2004, 07:45
I have another request.
This should really be considered at least but I'd much prefer this be implemented.

Could we import/export teams in and out of a .wgt file via a .wst (or whatever) file please? That would be real handy.

Madmaxquinn
2 Apr 2004, 09:43
I have another request.
This should really be considered at least but I'd much prefer this be implemented.

Could we import/export teams in and out of a .wgt file via a .wst (or whatever) file please? That would be real handy.

There was a utility that allowed you to do that, although it was really designed for backing up your teams, I think.

svenneundulat
2 Apr 2004, 11:15
There was a utility that allowed you to do that, although it was really designed for backing up your teams, I think.Yeah Iv'e used it myself, but it where not able to change them into another sort of file even thought it where a handy program when you wanted to quickly have the team's take them sort of as a backup device. It even worked like a charm even though I never really got the fast swapping between different .wgt files to work, it only shown the last one present, then you had to restart the computer if you wanted it to work again, and that where pretty tiresome so I got rid of it later on.

Reaperz
3 Apr 2004, 03:29
hmmm i know one thing i would like... somepart of this patch to import worms2 terrains. is this possible?

Akdor 1154
4 Apr 2004, 04:34
hmmm i know one thing i would like... somepart of this patch to import worms2 terrains. is this possible?

It already is possible, as long as Worms 2 is already patched to the latest version (1.54 I think) - You just need to go to the edit screen, click "export", and save it as a .bmp. Then, use the BIT Monkey (http://www.ppzclan.com/annelid) to convert it to a BIT file. Put it in %wormdir%\user\savedlevels.

At least, I think there's an export function... :-/

Reaperz
4 Apr 2004, 06:07
I dont think there is. i asked Annelid parsonally if there was a way and he said no. so that program from his site wont do the desired function.

Sn!perWorm
4 Apr 2004, 07:18
It already is possible, as long as Worms 2 is already patched to the latest version (1.54 I think) - You just need to go to the edit screen, click "export", and save it as a .bmp. Then, use the BIT Monkey (http://www.ppzclan.com/annelid) to convert it to a BIT file. Put it in %wormdir%\user\savedlevels.

At least, I think there's an export function... :-/
Erm...can you send the fiddler to me?I can't wait :D .And when I Right-clicked one of replays from WA,there weren't an"import terrain"option:(.

Reaperz
4 Apr 2004, 07:28
I have a sugestion for the 4.0 update. why not make it that you can programe the computer to play by the rules you want ie: making the Computer help you train for roper or bng etc.

Sn!perWorm
4 Apr 2004, 07:32
And wil it be possible to let AI use rope or jetpack?It's ALMOST artillery now:p.

XxDangerxX
4 Apr 2004, 08:47
Erm...can you send the fiddler to me?I can't wait :D .And when I Right-clicked one of replays from WA,there weren't an"import terrain"option:(.

Actually, it's called "extract terrain". see if that helps.

There was a utility that allowed you to do that, although it was really designed for backing up your teams, I think.
I'd like to see it in the game menus though.

Sn!perWorm
4 Apr 2004, 16:11
Actually, it's called "extract terrain". see if that helps.

I'd like to see it in the game menus though.
I don't have anything about terrain:(.

Keeper
4 Apr 2004, 16:17
what is the w2 file type that it saves the terains as... if you say .BIT i'll scream

Later,
Keeper

Akdor 1154
5 Apr 2004, 01:55
OH! Sorry, Sn!perworm, I just remembered that then :o I'll just go and do that now...

Sorry Keeper, I just couldn't resist...
[Mimics the drive-in "and then?" person off Dude, where's my car?]
.BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT
.BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT
.BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT .BIT...

;)

Anyways, Worms 2 terrains are .LEV files, weapon settings are stored in .WEP files, and game options are stored in .OPT files.

XxDangerxX
5 Apr 2004, 03:03
I have another request. (another request?)
Deactivate utilities in the same way as you activate them (just by selecting them again and pressing space). I couldn't possibly count the number of times Ihave needed that, especially with the low grav. It would be great also when the scheme is set to unlimited ultilities, so you have complete control.

btw, I think we need another update. Who agrees with me?
Hey, Wait a minute! Why is just me making the request??? You guys should be doing it as well! I don't recall having seen a single request out of any of you! Shape up! It's people like me that improve gameplay!

Reaperz
6 Apr 2004, 07:33
I have another request. (another request?)
Deactivate utilities in the same way as you activate them (just by selecting them again and pressing space). I couldn't possibly count the number of times Ihave needed that, especially with the low grav. It would be great also when the scheme is set to unlimited ultilities, so you have complete control.

btw, I think we need another update. Who agrees with me?
Hey, Wait a minute! Why is just me making the request??? You guys should be doing it as well! I don't recall having seen a single request out of any of you! Shape up! It's people like me that improve gameplay!
GOOD LORD!!!!! I realy agree! I would absoloutly love to see that function.... ZZZZZZzzzzzz...
No honstly I would like that function, and , yes i have needed that function many times.

Sn!perWorm
6 Apr 2004, 20:57
I agree!Good idea!

XxDangerxX
7 Apr 2004, 03:11
I know that I have mentioned this already, but we really need that coloured water. I can even supply the sprite directories if you want, as long as we get it.

Keeper
7 Apr 2004, 05:18
I know that I have mentioned this already, but we really need that coloured water. I can even supply the sprite directories if you want, as long as we get it.

The sprites for coloured water are already in everyone's W:A directory. there's no need to supply them. You can change water colour with fiddler and im sure Deadcode can add this function quickly with litle difficulty.

W:A has saved one of my maps as a .LEV.. just once it happened.. i'll see if if ca find the map. I thought it was weird... then thought is was something DC did... don't know know. put the w2 map in the user saved levels directory and see if it loads. W:A is a W2 build so it might work

My question....
Ranks and secure logins.

I lokked a bit at the serverlobby the html file is way off standard HTML, so im not sure how well Worms will work with a decient Gateway script. I do know that a gateway program in perl can definatly lock your username and password. linked to a database, and even an online form that allows you to register your username outside of Worms. 3 months of inactivity will result in the loss of your username.

As a webdesigner i know this possable. However. This isn't web design... it's programing,, which i am a complete moron. So Deadcode do you think that the server can be updated to using a gateway program, with saved usernames and passswords? and if so will W:A work with this or might you get a fatal error somewhere along the lines?

Later,
Keeper

/me is really annoyed about being watched....still

Reaperz
7 Apr 2004, 07:56
ill try that, btw exactly what does Being Watched do?

Zenith
7 Apr 2004, 09:41
The sprites for coloured water are already in everyone's W:A directory. there's no need to supply them. You can change water colour with fiddler and im sure Deadcode can add this function quickly with litle difficulty.

W:A has saved one of my maps as a .LEV.. just once it happened.. i'll see if if ca find the map. I thought it was weird... then thought is was something DC did... don't know know. put the w2 map in the user saved levels directory and see if it loads. W:A is a W2 build so it might work

My question....
Ranks and secure logins.

I lokked a bit at the serverlobby the html file is way off standard HTML, so im not sure how well Worms will work with a decient Gateway script. I do know that a gateway program in perl can definatly lock your username and password. linked to a database, and even an online form that allows you to register your username outside of Worms. 3 months of inactivity will result in the loss of your username.

As a webdesigner i know this possable. However. This isn't web design... it's programing,, which i am a complete moron. So Deadcode do you think that the server can be updated to using a gateway program, with saved usernames and passswords? and if so will W:A work with this or might you get a fatal error somewhere along the lines?

Later,
Keeper

/me is really annoyed about being watched....still

Random generated levels are saved as .lev, anything that is edited or you create yourself is saved as .bit.
So I guess the .lev format just has to save the terrain code used to generate that random level but .bit has to save all the terrain detail

MadEwokHerd
7 Apr 2004, 21:52
The sprites for the different colored water are not on every version of wa. So fiddler schemes with colored water don't always work.

XxDangerxX
8 Apr 2004, 08:45
The sprites for coloured water are already in everyone's W:A directory. there's no need to supply them.

Whereabouts? The only colour I have in my CD-ROM:\Data\Water directory is blue, and I'm pretty sure it isn't in my HDD:\Team17\Worms Armageddon directory, so the reason I was saying I could supply them is because I have WWP.

Reaperz
8 Apr 2004, 09:12
how come its not in W:A when its in Worms2???

Madmaxquinn
8 Apr 2004, 10:08
Slightly off topic. Do we know if the problem of getting corrupt missions in WWP when both the WWP & W:A CDs are in the CD drive is going to be fixed?

Keeper
8 Apr 2004, 11:00
BUG FIX:
Take out the inaproprate CD..

Yup i do appologize, since i upgraded to a ligitment copy of W:A i no longer have the mulit colored waters.. only yellow for the nuke.. i used to have red and green too... i will do some looking ... but i have deleted my iligal copy of W:A as i no longer needed it.

Later,
Keeper

Glenn
8 Apr 2004, 22:01
how come its not in W:A when its in Worms2???
You may as well ask why we don't have homing clusters anymore. It's because it's unneccessary at the moment. But, maybe in future patches (though I doubt it).

Reaperz
9 Apr 2004, 03:04
You may as well ask why we don't have homing clusters anymore. It's because it's unneccessary at the moment. But, maybe in future patches (though I doubt it).
I couldnt give two ***** about homing cluster! I would like to see Homing Strike back!

Madmaxquinn
9 Apr 2004, 08:49
BUG FIX:
Take out the inaproprate CD..

Keeper

I shouldn't have to.

psymon
9 Apr 2004, 16:34
I dunno if this has been said before, and I'm not gonna sit through a 16 page thread. I got the latest patch (.19) and whenever I minimize on the frountend(Not in game) it locks me out. so I have to close WA and boot it up again.

Anyhelp with this would be helpful

Deadcode
9 Apr 2004, 19:35
I dunno if this has been said before, and I'm not gonna sit through a 16 page thread.Click on your name then click "Find More Posts by psymon".I got the latest patch (.19) and whenever I minimize on the frountend(Not in game) it locks me out. so I have to close WA and boot it up again.This happens every time? Even if you've joined or hosted a game? How about in the main menu?

XxDangerxX
10 Apr 2004, 04:36
Hey I've got some more requests:
Press left and right to select which way a worm faces in worm placement in a similar manner as Air Strike instead of having the sudden change of direction the moment it's placed
[BUGFIX] : Get rid of those awful double terrains. You know when you save a terrain with the same name as an already existing one, it doesn't overwrite it, it just saves it as a new entry in the list. That would be ok except for the fact that they're both exactly the same.
Could we see the random mine and drum placements in the terrain edit (when random mine and drum placement is selected), so that we can reseed them without having to start a whole game and quit it immediately if it's not right?

Thank you.

BTW, just thought some of you might like to see my ride to the top. I didn't think I could do it. I'm so proud of myself! I've got the games in two zip files because the Games take up more than 100Kb zipped.

EDIT: WTF...? I keep getting a javascript runtime error on line 413, so I can't post the second part. I'll have to get someone else to do it. (there's also an error on 365. Maybe the Webmaster can look into this.)

HariSeldon
10 Apr 2004, 05:56
I had totally given up on W:A ever being patched right :). I still remember when it was promised way back in december of 2000 :) Anyway I will give it another go once a new beta is released :).

Reaperz
10 Apr 2004, 06:00
hey, XxDangerxX, Would you like me to host them? also is the one you send me the 2nd one?

XxDangerxX
10 Apr 2004, 06:35
Yes, it is.

And what do you mean by host?

[ MORE REQUESTS ] :

When you send a private message to someone in an online game, can they view it in the colour of the team you're playing with instead of just blue? btw, love that /afk command.

Reaperz
10 Apr 2004, 07:38
by host i mean put those files on a server for people to download!

Keeper
10 Apr 2004, 15:03
I shouldn't have to.

Yes you should,
It's not good to leave a CD in the drive if your not using it... make sure the CD face is clean. and put it back in the case, then back in what ever CD-ROM storage facility you utilize.

Bothe WWP and W:A are Worms 2 builds.. this explains why you can run W:A with the WWp CD in the drive. Obviously there gonna conflict when you have both games in a CD drive... just take one out.. will it killl ya to do so? is it that much work to lean over, take the cd from your tower and put it in a case.

I have CD's that are 4 and 5 years old with few or no scratches on them, why...? cause i don't leave them in the drive, nor do i mishandle them.

Just take the inoprorate CD from the drive... the time spent doing this is minimal i can assure you.

Later,
Keeper

Madmaxquinn
10 Apr 2004, 15:42
Yes you should,
It's not good to leave a CD in the drive if your not using it...

Being a computer techie, I know that all too well, but the matter remains that this is still a bug.

Bothe WWP and W:A are Worms 2 builds.. this explains why you can run W:A with the WWp CD in the drive. Obviously there gonna conflict when you have both games in a CD drive... just take one out.. will it killl ya to do so? is it that much work to lean over, take the cd from your tower and put it in a case.

Yes & yes for the reason explained above :rolleyes:

MadEwokHerd
10 Apr 2004, 16:55
I couldnt give two ***** about homing cluster! I would like to see Homing Strike back!

There's a fiddler scheme with all the worms 2 weapons in it (of course, there aren't enough slots to have all wa and all w2 weapons at the same time). So I think that's planned..though not directly.

Reaperz
11 Apr 2004, 03:05
There's a fiddler scheme with all the worms 2 weapons in it (of course, there aren't enough slots to have all wa and all w2 weapons at the same time). So I think that's planned..though not directly.
Realy? where can i get it from?

Glenn
11 Apr 2004, 03:48
Press left and right to select which way a worm faces in worm placement in a similar manner as Air Strike instead of having the sudden change of direction the moment it's placed

So, it's really going to kill you to hold the right key down for your worm to face right?

Akdor 1154
11 Apr 2004, 06:06
Reaperz:

You can get it from my yet to be posted... um... post - which will be here approximately 5:00 pm AEST on Wednesday after I put my old hard drive in another computer and get all the stuff I forgot to back up.

:D

I took about half an hour sometime last year getting all the fiddles off WormsMART before it got scrapped - they're only 4kb when zipped! :D

Cya
--
Akdor 1154

Reaperz
11 Apr 2004, 06:36
Thanks! that sounds great!

XxDangerxX
11 Apr 2004, 08:55
So, it's really going to kill you to hold the right key down for your worm to face right?
But a lot of people don't know that, you see? And it would better anyways; make the game that bit more quality:)

[ MORE REQUESTS ] :
Custom colours for teams? That would be great! And by far possible...

EDIT:
Akdor 1154, I think you'd better change that location of yours to just Rural Australia, because it is anything BUT a hole. I shall email you and send you some pictures that I took the other day (as soon as I get them developed) and you will be very sorry. And anyone who sends me their email address I will send them these pictures as well. Trust me; it's worth it. It's like they were taken by a professional photographer. And the best bit is, it just a few kilometres from my house too!

Sn!perWorm
11 Apr 2004, 19:37
I have few mine requests:
An option to manually place objects in the terrain editor-you'll receive a kit of objects,and you could place them everywhere do you want.
An option to *COMPLETELY* disable objects or girders-I know this was suggested many times,but I also want it.
An option to select how many mines or barrels I want-but I think about PARTICULAR number.OFr example,3 barrels and 2 mines or ANYTHING other.
Maybe make an option to SELECT explosion radius limit?This one which is now it's(I guess,I'm not sure) 200.Maybe option to select other-50,100,150,200,250,300...up to 500?
Maybe quick taunts?"Good shot!","Argh!","Be careful" etc.?

snaik
11 Apr 2004, 22:32
Maybe quick taunts?"Good shot!","Argh!","Be careful" etc.?

try pressin page down and typin it possibly? tho it does sound pretty

Sn!perWorm
12 Apr 2004, 06:18
try pressin page down and typin it possibly? tho it does sound pretty
Or in numeric keyboard.F's are used,1-0 also,in lettters they'll be too hard to find.And what about other ideas?

Run
12 Apr 2004, 08:33
I'd like to be able to have more mines on the terrain, too. Like, loads of mines.

lennyuk
12 Apr 2004, 21:14
Will you be including DwerG's double speed idea in the beta 4? or will it be included in another? or have you decided to completely leave it out :)

LeNnY

Sn!perWorm
13 Apr 2004, 09:15
I searched long,and I found.That sounds very good!I also want it
I've got an another idea!If someone got Elite rank in Deathmatch and completed all missions,maybe make an option to select how often immediately-actived utilities will fall?

PsyDome
13 Apr 2004, 09:35
what about ranks and logins?

Run
13 Apr 2004, 09:41
What about them? Team17 hasn't given Deadcode the server code. Point that finger of blame at Team17.

PsyDome
13 Apr 2004, 10:49
What about them? Team17 hasn't given Deadcode the server code. Point that finger of blame at Team17.
i don't care about petty updates that has nothing to do with actual gameplay... i want the secure logins and ranks back... nothing else is of importance

lennyuk
13 Apr 2004, 12:19
i don't care about petty updates that has nothing to do with actual gameplay... i want the secure logins and ranks back... nothing else is of importance

he just told you that deadcode can't change that, its a team 17 problem this is the wrong place to post that kind of request

Run
13 Apr 2004, 12:37
i don't care about petty updates

Well, you know what forum not to come into then, don't you.

PsyDome
13 Apr 2004, 16:43
he just told you that deadcode can't change that, its a team 17 problem this is the wrong place to post that kind of request
how is this "the wrong place"? the new patch for worms armageddon supposedly was going to contain both secure logins and ranks, deadcode has even given suggestions on how to implement the ranks, therefor, it shoud be the right place to post it, yes?
Well, you know what forum not to come into then, don't you.
read above... everyone is complaining about stuff that has never been an option, are crowding deadcode with stupid stuff that doesn't even need to be in the game

focus should foremost be on destroying bugs (which have been done, afaik, apart from the new bugs arisen from petty suggestions from forum-member) and implementing secure logins and rankings (but most importantly, logins)

Sn!perWorm
13 Apr 2004, 16:53
WHAT ABOUT MY IDEAS?

And-don't ask me about online updates now,because WA crashes in my computer when I try to play.But I'll reinstall system today(yay,I have second HDD!now I have 70 GB:D) andd try tomorrow.BTW,I have ORIGINAL all Worms games.From W1 to W3D.

Run
13 Apr 2004, 18:25
focus should foremost be on destroying bugs (which have been done, afaik, apart from the new bugs arisen from petty suggestions from forum-member) and implementing secure logins and rankings (but most importantly, logins)

Deadcode doesn't have the server code, so either:

1. He does nothing.
2. He implements new features and fixes bugs.

Personally, i like number two. If you can justify him doing number one, be my guest.

lennyuk
13 Apr 2004, 22:19
Deadcode doesn't have the server code, so either:

1. He does nothing.
2. He implements new features and fixes bugs.

Personally, i like number two. If you can justify him doing number one, be my guest.

lol n answer

Zenith
14 Apr 2004, 00:08
screw the logins

Bring back booby trap crates, turning on the parachute, friction and filling the map with as many mines as possible.
Sod it I'll just go play w2 instead :cool:

XxDangerxX
15 Apr 2004, 12:26
[ MORE REQUESTS ]
Make like the CPU and use ` to end your turn prematurely to the actual retreat timer or to skip your second gun shot. This would be really heplful, especially in JPR where in the first five seconds of retreat time out of thirty there's a blockage and I have to deactivate the Jetpack and wait twenty-five seconds doing nothing.

BTW DeadCode, could you, y'kno, kinda post, and tell us how many of our, and more particularly my requests will, or even have been implemented, or is it a surprise?

Also, no-one might be able to tell me where to get the latest patch, would they? I heard there was a .19 patch out.

Akdor 1154
15 Apr 2004, 12:53
Look, XxDangerxX, those are great suggestions and all, and I would really like to see them in gameplay (and no, that's not just one of the psychological "make the complaint seem nice" things, it's true. They would be excellent. It's just that on one of the first posts in this thread, Grand Master of the Worming World, the Honourable Sir Deacode :P said that the reason he'd made a new thread was because the first one got clogged with huge multi-page suggestions. Now, I stand by what I first said, and I propose (jeez, I'm really sounding like a politician now, aren't I? :P) that we make a NEW thread, that contains absolutely NOTHING except suggestions. e.g.

Posted by -----------

Support for animated GIF graves. These would by like avatars in the sense that they have limited size. (Pixels and bytes)
Allow mp3 formated speechbanks and fanfares

.:]Stuff I didn't have time to write last night[:.

All posts must stick to the same list format, , no repeated suggestions, and no comments or questions are to be asked. Suggestions Only!

Again, this isn't a "don't be a n00b" thread - I've been guilty of mass suggestions too, and so, have all of you

*Looks around and sees about thirty blank faces*
*Runs out the door*

Oh, Sn!perworm - here is that fiddle you ordered ;)

PsyDome
15 Apr 2004, 13:28
[ MORE REQUESTS ]
Make like the CPU and use ` to end your turn prematurely to the actual retreat timer or to skip your second gun shot. This would be really heplful, especially in JPR where in the first five seconds of retreat time out of thirty there's a blockage and I have to deactivate the Jetpack and wait twenty-five seconds doing nothing.

BTW DeadCode, could you, y'kno, kinda post, and tell us how many of our, and more particularly my requests will, or even have been implemented, or is it a surprise?

Also, no-one might be able to tell me where to get the latest patch, would they? I heard there was a .19 patch out.you DO know that you have something called Skip-go, right? and firing another shotgun shot takes 0 seconds longer than firing one

Madmaxquinn
15 Apr 2004, 13:36
but you may not want to take a chunk of the scenery out with the second shot. also one of your worms may be behind the worm you just shot. The ability to skip go mid turn should be allowed.

PsyDome
15 Apr 2004, 14:17
but you may not want to take a chunk of the scenery out with the second shot. also one of your worms may be behind the worm you just shot. The ability to skip go mid turn should be allowed.
i still don't see the importance of not being able to take the second shot... eithe you have alot of time to aim elsewhere, or you don't have time at all

Sn!perWorm
15 Apr 2004, 15:03
You can also shoot at the sky,but in closed areas you cannot do that.
Eh,thing which I'm REALLY waiting is camera lock.It's very annoying when you shoot from whole level and this %^^%$ camera move automatically...BTW,I'm a sniper,so you know why I want it :cool: .

Reaperz
17 Apr 2004, 04:10
screw the logins

Bring back booby trap crates, turning on the parachute, friction and filling the map with as many mines as possible.
Sod it I'll just go play w2 instead :cool:
BOOBY TRAPED CRATES........... Does would anyone here EVER use Booby Traped crates if they could?

Glenn
17 Apr 2004, 04:19
BOOBY TRAPED CRATES........... Does would anyone here EVER use Booby Traped crates if they could?

Um... no. I think it's because of the fact that, I don't know, they totally sucked. If I never see another trap crate in my life, it'll be too soon.

XxDangerxX
17 Apr 2004, 04:22
No, not really. Sorry reaperz, I just couldn't find any use for them. I mean, why use a booby trap, when you could just use a mine? Who knows; I might be able to find a use one day, but don't hold your breath. BTW, I found the link for the latest update. But could someone inform me whenever there is a new patch out? I want to get every one.

Reaperz
17 Apr 2004, 04:34
Um... no. I think it's because of the fact that, I don't know, they totally sucked. If I never see another trap crate in my life, it'll be too soon.
Thats exactly what i think! on worms2 i had to ask vertially everyone to turn them off. it got so annoying!

Double Post Edit:

Oh, Sn!perworm - here is that fiddle you ordered ;)
How does it work? it says its a Fiddler file... ( no idea what this means)

XxDangerxX
17 Apr 2004, 04:53
Do you have The Fiddler?

Reaperz
17 Apr 2004, 06:05
The what??

Squirminator2k
17 Apr 2004, 10:36
Booby-trapped Crates were taken out for a reason - they're rubbish. They just add an unnecessary unstable element to the game that detracts from the overall gameplay. In other words, they're about as much use as a one-legged man in a (bottom - Ed.)-kicking competition.

Run
17 Apr 2004, 11:03
The trouble with them was that they ended your turn. It wouldn't be so bad, not nearly so bad, if you retained your turn after the damage.

Madmaxquinn
17 Apr 2004, 11:33
Booby trapped crates sucked because the game logic was to strict. If they were re-introduced there should have a number of configurable optins such as randomness, number of crates to be collected before trap set, whether player rank/position affects likelyness of trap etc. If crates, bridges, random items and gravestones had their own health, I'd be more inclined to use them a make-do barrels or whatever.

Sn!perWorm
17 Apr 2004, 23:01
Booby traps were bad.You didn't knowed when it will explode.And what about my ideas?And DC,what about the camera lock :rolleyes: ?

Reaperz
18 Apr 2004, 03:54
So im not the only person who hates booby traped crates. Nobody seemed to bother turning then off when i played them on worms2

Zenith
18 Apr 2004, 08:48
One of the games I play in worms2 depends on the fact that you need to collect a crate each turn in order to attack, the scheme uses booby trapped crates. This adds tension and comedy relief.
Everyone who has played it enjoys it because the game is played for fun and if a crate explodes then it's no big deal. All comments about the game have been positive, I have been told that I'm a "twisted genius" and that I should sell the scheme on e-bay.
Obviously I rock so much more than you do :cool:

Following your stupid logic team17 should also remove the random setting from the mine timers because of the following amazing contradictions

You didn't knowed when it will explode
game logic was to strict
ended your turn
unnecessary unstable element to the game

Random mines are also :cool:

Reaperz
18 Apr 2004, 09:31
oh **** up! who cares about random mines and that game sound like Roper with booby traped crates!

PsyDome
18 Apr 2004, 09:34
who cares about random mineswho cares about booby trapped crates? ;)

Run
18 Apr 2004, 10:03
Zenith has a point.

MadEwokHerd
18 Apr 2004, 14:08
I, uh, think the reason for instant end turn being wanted goes something like this:

"It's in the game so why can't I use it?"

At least, that's the reason I want it. If something is already in the game, I should be allowed to use it, regardless of whether or not it makes any sense (the same goes for booby-trapped crates....but I kind of hope those aren't actually IN the game anymore ;); anyway, they're not in fiddler).

Edit: Though it would have to be a combination of keys. I don't want a button on my keyboard that ends my turn, just as I don't want a button on my keyboard that turns the computer off (what idiot came up with that?).

Zenith
18 Apr 2004, 15:55
Zenith has a point.
Told you I rocked.

who cares about booby trapped crates? ;)
Me, spectre, everyone else who enjoys the game. I also care about 9 second grenades, bazookas that aren't affected by wind and the remember weapon function :cool:

oh **** up! who cares about random mines and that game sound like Roper with booby traped crates!
And how many amazingly entertaining games have you invented recently? You're probably one of those really awful players on uk1 who need 60 second turns in default and infinite banana bombs

Sn!perWorm
18 Apr 2004, 16:09
One of the games I play in worms2 depends on the fact that you need to collect a crate each turn in order to attack, the scheme uses booby trapped crates. This adds tension and comedy relief.
Everyone who has played it enjoys it because the game is played for fun and if a crate explodes then it's no big deal. All comments about the game have been positive, I have been told that I'm a "twisted genius" and that I should sell the scheme on e-bay.
Obviously I rock so much more than you do :cool:

Following your stupid logic team17 should also remove the random setting from the mine timers because of the following amazing contradictions

Random mines are also :cool:
But you KNOW that you don't know when the mine will explode(sounds very weird,I know ;) ).With booby traps-you see crate,and you don't know what it is-trap or a crate.

MadEwokHerd
18 Apr 2004, 18:53
And how many amazingly entertaining games have you invented recently? You're probably one of those really awful players on uk1 who need 60 second turns in default and infinite banana bombs
Please, please stop it right there. We do not want to go down this road. While it's perfectly acceptable to argue your points, insults will not help you, only raise the temperature of the discussion.

Well, the important thing about random mines is that you know the mine will explode. And that it's usually best to avoid them (though I suppose you could take a gamble and try to harm another player by setting one off and hoping you can get out in time).
But you expect a weapon crate to do something helpful (or at least neutral, like give you a weapon you have no need for). If booby-trapped crates are on, you have to see collecting the crate as a gamble (God forbid!), and weigh the possible benefits against the risk. So I really don't think it's unfair. It just kind of sucks collecting one :rolleyes:.

Actually, come to think of it, if dud mines are on, you don't know if the mine will explode. Huh.

My position remains: If it's already in the game, I want it.

Zenith
18 Apr 2004, 19:46
Please, please stop it right there. We do not want to go down this road. While it's perfectly acceptable to argue your points, insults will not help you, only raise the temperature of the discussion.

Well, the important thing about random mines is that you know the mine will explode. And that it's usually best to avoid them (though I suppose you could take a gamble and try to harm another player by setting one off and hoping you can get out in time).
But you expect a weapon crate to do something helpful (or at least neutral, like give you a weapon you have no need for). If booby-trapped crates are on, you have to see collecting the crate as a gamble (God forbid!), and weigh the possible benefits against the risk. So I really don't think it's unfair. It just kind of sucks collecting one :rolleyes:.

Actually, come to think of it, if dud mines are on, you don't know if the mine will explode. Huh.

My position remains: If it's already in the game, I want it.

There's 2 ways of looking at it.
1: the mine is in your way and you need to get past it. Do you risk setting it off and then try to get away before it goes off or do you waste a teleport/rope/parachute
2: You want to use the mine to inflict damage on an opponent, on a 0 fuse you get hit, 1 second you have to be very fast and 2 second try not to hang around.

You don't know how long the fuse is so you have to take the safe option, waste another utility to get past it, or risk damaging yourself.

But you KNOW that you don't know when the mine will explode(sounds very weird,I know ;) ).With booby traps-you see crate,and you don't know what it is-trap or a crate.
And I know that I don't know if a crate will explode but I've laughed at it a thousand times and it will continue to be funny especially when it happens to someone else.
It's not meant to be a serious game, it's not like you are a one man army behing enemy lines fighting for your life or whatever the current trend in fps games is... you have worms ... with bananas and sheep..

I like that one dodgy crate can turn the whole game around and you can snatch an amazing defeat from the jaws of certain victory

Plutonic
19 Apr 2004, 02:05
i still like the fact that if you have skill you win, if your crap at the game you don't.

Admittedly its a game, games a re fun etc, but there are different types of fun and exploding crates are huygely nessesery for most of them; but i stand with MEH - if its in have it as an option - if it's not in alredy dont bother adding it again.

Reaperz
19 Apr 2004, 04:03
None. and i dont play with infinite banana bombs i prefer roper, bng and a slight twist of Defult

XxDangerxX
19 Apr 2004, 08:18
There's 2 ways of looking at it.
1: the mine is in your way and you need to get past it. Do you risk setting it off and then try to get away before it goes off or do you waste a teleport/rope/parachute
2: You want to use the mine to inflict damage on an opponent, on a .

Don't you mean 0 fuse you get hit, 1 second you get hit if not on a rope or JP, 2 second you have to be very fast and 3 second try not to hang around?

It's IMPOSSIBLE to squirm out of the way of an active 1 sec mine.

And DeadCode, did I ,by any chance, happen to mention that I wanted coloured waters?

Squirminator2k
19 Apr 2004, 09:21
The thing about Landmines is, well, they're supposed to explode. That's why you avoid them. I like the Random Fuse setting because it adds an unstable element to the game which is actually a good one - you never know if you're going to have enough time to hop away from the landmine once you hear that click, or if your worm is going to be blasted sky-high.

The thing about Weapon Crates is, well, they're supposed to contain weapons. The clue, as they say, is in the name. No one intentionally walks into a Landmine (not under usual circumstances, at least) and no one would collect a Weapon Crate if they knew there was a chance of it exploding. I always hated Booby Trapped Crates...

Double Post Edit:

And DeadCode, did I ,by any chance, happen to mention that I wanted coloured waters?
The problem with this suggestion is that not every version of WA came with all of the Water Colour files. AFAIK the US and pre-patched UK releases of the game only included the Blue watertype.

PsyDome
19 Apr 2004, 11:14
The problem with this suggestion is that not every version of WA came with all of the Water Colour files. AFAIK the US and pre-patched UK releases of the game only included the Blue watertype.
deadcode could add those files to the .zip though... i don't really see the importance of being able to set watercolor...

Squirminator2k
19 Apr 2004, 11:50
Likewise, although I guess with a lot of shallow people it's all to do with the LAF. Some people are put off by the concept of a Hell level with blue water. Personally I don't think it matters. When your worm drowns it's hardly going to change things, is it?

"Oh, no! I'm drowning! On the other hand, what a lovely shade of purple!"

MadEwokHerd
19 Apr 2004, 14:48
No one intentionally walks into a Landmine (not under usual circumstances, at least) and no one would collect a Weapon Crate if they knew there was a chance of it exploding. I always hated Booby Trapped Crates...
So, if booby-trapped crates are on, don't collect weapon crates?

Somehow, I seem to think it might be reasonable for someone in the process of drowning to note that the water is purple. *looks it up on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drowning#Unconsciousness_due_to_Oxygen_Starvation) *
"Interviews with near drowning victims indicate that the last thought before unconsciousness is to imagine other peoples reaction to one's drowning, and feeling embarrassed and ashamed for being stupid enough to drown, believing that most people think that smart people would have been able to prevent drowning."
Um, right, well, maybe they'd be embarrassed about drowning in purple water? Best keep it at blue, I suppose (especially since the other colors are not in the game).

XxDangerxX
20 Apr 2004, 04:42

Like I said before: I can supply them from my WWP CD.

walrus
22 Apr 2004, 19:23
who cares about booby trapped crates? ;)
no one. its probably one of the dumbest things on here, psy is the only one trying to bash some reason into your heads, and you wont listen to him. if i had my way, id make a forum entitled 'great noob ideas' and you could all suck each other off and enjoy your rediculous ideas that would make worms crappier

Misterags
22 Apr 2004, 22:24
Walrus, I always enjoy your negative, sarcastic remarks. You and cl2k go nicely together.

MadEwokHerd
23 Apr 2004, 00:52
no one. its probably one of the dumbest things on here, psy is the only one trying to bash some reason into your heads, and you wont listen to him. if i had my way, id make a forum entitled 'great noob ideas' and you could all suck each other off and enjoy your rediculous ideas that would make worms crappier

That was completely uncalled-for. You failed to contribute any new information to the discussion, only raise the temperature. Shame on you.

Zenith
23 Apr 2004, 15:12
Oh goodie a flame war, lets rock!

if i had my way, id make a forum entitled 'great noob ideas' and you could all suck each other off and enjoy your rediculous ideas that would make worms crappier

You already made the website so why not have a forum to keep it company. http://www.wormage.com/

I win.

Some people here believe that adding certain elements to the game would encourage rich new game styles way beyong your capabilities, lol rope, and this is an open forum for debate.
I personally would like to see the return of booby trap crates, I enjoy the random destruction that they bring.

I will now defeat the object of you posting a reply

OMG COEM PLAY ME 1 ON 1 U N00b I WILL OWN U N00B ROEP

ZOMG LETS SEE UR WEBSIET N00B I WILL OWN U N00B WEBSIET

Run
23 Apr 2004, 15:50
Bottom line is, Booby Trapped Crates would be an option.

Oh no! An option.

Suddely, all the arguments against them existing have gone to pot. There isn't even any point in defending booby trapped crates, because of the word "option".

snaik
23 Apr 2004, 16:51
Bottom line is, Booby Trapped Crates would be an option.

Oh no! An option.

Suddely, all the arguments against them existing have gone to pot. There isn't even any point in defending booby trapped crates, because of the word "option".

Im all for the option of booby trapped crates but hey... an arguments an argument.

Having stupid unneccessary options clutters and ruint the fun simplicity of worms go play worms2 (U nooB ;) )