PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon - Project X

Pages : [1] 2

Drc
5 Oct 2008, 20:24
anyone knows about this??

if not watch this...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6mks7_worms-armageddon-project-x-real-tim_videogames

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJ1RspFhys
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=bOj9dq-murE&eurl=http://worms-px.ru/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8pf0Z7a0Jc

this is the website: http://worms-px.ru/

Plasma
5 Oct 2008, 20:40
And that, folks, is why Worms shouldn't be real-time.

MihaiS
5 Oct 2008, 21:06
Don't bother, dude. This thread is on its way to Deleted Threads' Kingdom.

Plasma
5 Oct 2008, 21:20
I'm... not so sure about that. WA mods like this are often encouraged rather than discouraged.
The only way I could see it being deleted is if it turns out that the hack being released is also a no-CD version as well.

CyberShadow
5 Oct 2008, 22:30
Another reason why previous threads were deleted was because previous versions contained an edited WA.exe. We do not allow that.

Drc
6 Oct 2008, 01:55
so u guys don't like this??? i never played but i think is cool
imagine play with your friends at the same time...

i have no idea here i can get this thats why i posted this thread.

i don't understand what cybershadow said, WA.exe edited?? isn't wormkit.exe like WA.exe but edited?didn't u create wormkit?? why can't other people create things like project x. it would change worms armageddon...news ways of playing, real time battles, new schemes... i think its time to change a little bit...

i loved wkrubberworm but this is different and its cool too so it should be allowed..

MihaiS
6 Oct 2008, 04:42
I started a similar thread some time ago, then I realized this was discussed long before me becoming a T17 forum member.

Also, read this, fellow enthusiast: http://worms2d.info/Real_Time_Worms

bonz
6 Oct 2008, 06:15
No, WormKit doesn't remove the CD check in the wa.exe.

The previous version of Project X was basically a no-cd crack for 3.6.29.0.
I had a talk with Entuser and he removed that, so now you'll need a CD to play as normal.

CyberShadow
6 Oct 2008, 08:18
WormKit doesn't contain portions of copyrighted Team17 code. It's just a DLL loader. The first versions of Project X, however, were edited WA.exe files from the Beta updates.

Chandler
6 Oct 2008, 17:01
According to the facts, and changes done to this Project X to be "legal", are you meaning that you would see no inconvenient to it ?

I m personnaly interested to test this for curiosity, RTW would be cool to try, and why not more official depending of success.

This Project X seems funny :p

Off Topic : Some progress/news about teststuff6 ?

eddy2000
7 Oct 2008, 23:58
anyone knows about this??

if not watch this...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6mks7_worms-armageddon-project-x-real-tim_videogames

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJ1RspFhys
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=bOj9dq-murE&eurl=http://worms-px.ru/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8pf0Z7a0Jc

this is great idea have two game to play worms one in real time and one turn base...
but where can i find this mod to play so ?

MihaiS
8 Oct 2008, 01:15
this is great idea have two game to play worms one in real time and one turn base...
but where can i find this mod to play so ?

Nowhere. .

franpa
8 Oct 2008, 05:07
What IS Project X? (No I can't be bothered downloading a video from Youtube or some such) Is it that real time worms someone posted about a few weeks ago? with all the creepy physics and worms moving around bizarrely etc.?

Plainplane
8 Oct 2008, 05:43
That is hilarious! The magical floating worms that suddenly appear in different places!

Then the arrows, and the flying objects, lol!

I wish there was a new "comic-relief" mode for W:A, like the sheep glitch in WWP.

franpa
8 Oct 2008, 15:28
Yea the lack of any way to retaliate while being damaged kinda makes it hard to have a fair game. What happens if you freeze yourself, you stay frozen forever?

MihaiS
8 Oct 2008, 18:04
Yea the lack of any way to retaliate while being damaged kinda makes it hard to have a fair game. What happens if you freeze yourself, you stay frozen forever?

Some predefined break between shots would do th job. Regarding freezing, well, unfreezing by pressing the space bar would work, I guess.

Entuser
10 Oct 2008, 09:55
The self Project X is not RTW. It's a scripting and game editing tool. Another part- RTW will be accessible only after a month. With original PX w/o scripts you can
making new weapons (not replacing) with Fiddler functionality + new graphics. With scripts on Pascal-based language :

a) standard game changes - weapons count, worms health etc
b) directly physics access - changing objects positions, velocity, collisions
c) creating projectiles, mines, barrels
d) showing messages
e) synchronisation functions through internet
f) control of weapons (scripted weapons, hardcode afr,cba,wba)

In next version will be direct access to terrain. Also it will be module for WormKit.

eddy2000
10 Oct 2008, 15:39
The self Project X is not RTW. It's a scripting and game editing tool. Another part- RTW will be accessible only after a month. With original PX w/o scripts you can
making new weapons (not replacing) with Fiddler functionality + new graphics. With scripts on Pascal-based language :

a) standard game changes - weapons count, worms health etc
b) directly physics access - changing objects positions, velocity, collisions
c) creating projectiles, mines, barrels
d) showing messages
e) synchronisation functions through internet
f) control of weapons (scripted weapons, hardcode afr,cba,wba)

In next version will be direct access to terrain. Also it will be module for WormKit.

:D::D we fully support for you......:D:D:

MihaiS
10 Oct 2008, 20:40
Yep, good luck! Make people remember you!

robowurmz
10 Oct 2008, 21:41
I think that this should be somewhat integrated with the Beta updates: this will allow the fiddler-like stuff to happen in a controlled way before 4.0. Integration of the chatbox with Lua and rewriting Project X to use Lua instead could prove very profitable: since Lua is a 'live' interpreter language, you could make moving terrain. You could make switches, levers, health-given girders that trigger events when destroyed. Scripting engines really open up a whole new world to Worms.

[UFP]Ghost
10 Oct 2008, 21:52
Scripting engines really open up a whole new world to Worms.

A whole new world
A hundred thousand things to see
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

Yes, yes it would. Good idea.

Laban
10 Oct 2008, 23:22
Why is the wind stuck btw?

could you please tell us when will it come out?

Entuser
11 Oct 2008, 08:33
I think that this should be somewhat integrated with the Beta updates: this will allow the fiddler-like stuff to happen in a controlled way before 4.0. Integration of the chatbox with Lua and rewriting Project X to use Lua instead could prove very profitable: since Lua is a 'live' interpreter language, you could make moving terrain. You could make switches, levers, health-given girders that trigger events when destroyed. Scripting engines really open up a whole new world to Worms.

I didn't undestand, how Lua will help making moving terrain. Only direct access to memory can help, but this unsafe :) . Other features already possible.

could you please tell us when will it come out?

Maybe tomorrow ;)

franpa
11 Oct 2008, 11:04
lua is a scripting language, lets you script events like moving terrain etc.

Entuser
11 Oct 2008, 11:45
lua is a scripting language, lets you script events like moving terrain etc.
I know what is Lua. But all similar events can be scripted with Pascal. Didn't see reason for port to Lua. (moving terrain problem is only technical and perfomance problem)

p.s. who has written to me in ICQ - i lost your UIN due to QIP crash, sorry :)

X-Ray99
18 Oct 2008, 08:43
in my point of view, real time RR or bungeerace would be cool but nothing else

bonz
18 Oct 2008, 09:16
Hard-coded rules for CTF that can detect certain pixels (flags) as destroyed.

eddy2000
21 Oct 2008, 13:36

now the projectx file for wormkit is ready.....

but i not see the correct font in the program... i see only the
character "?"
anyone can help to use this ?

franpa
21 Oct 2008, 13:49
Confirmed and Yes, I do have the language packs for XP installed.

raffie
21 Oct 2008, 14:48
now the projectx file for wormkit is ready.....

but i not see the correct font in the program... i see only the
character "?"
anyone can help to use this ?

Ye same here. But um, how does one use this, you have to load a script before use? And I presume all players need the dll?

More info plz!

franpa
21 Oct 2008, 15:14
1: all people need the dll right?
2: does everyone need the script or only the host?
3: where are the scripts? :P

pisto
21 Oct 2008, 15:25
1: all people need the dll right?
2: does everyone need the script or only the host?
3: where are the scripts? :P
1 yes
2 only the host
3 old versions, some users close to entuser.

CyberShadow
21 Oct 2008, 21:49
It crashed for me when joining a regular game (a Hysteria).

Drc
24 Oct 2008, 16:10
how wkPX.dll works???

i can't understand what becomes possivel to do when i use wormkit and wkPX.dll

pisto
24 Oct 2008, 16:59
if I'm allowed to, I can post the scheme and map editors that came with the old release.

Laban
24 Oct 2008, 18:20
mmm.. cant get it to work, just sat for hours with Alex'sw trying to make it work - and he should know - hes in on it :D

well i dont know whats wrong - maybe a problem maybe i'm just not enough of a computer wiz xD but since CyberShadow can't get it to work i geuss its the former.

GreeN
24 Oct 2008, 18:41
Works fine with WormKit for me

jsgnext
25 Oct 2008, 00:01
mmmm.....i get access violation when i click almost all of the buttons....and the game crashes at the start.

eddy2000
25 Oct 2008, 00:39
mmmm.....i get access violation when i click almost all of the buttons....and the game crashes at the start.

me too :(

Projectx or mister-y x ? lol

franpa
25 Oct 2008, 01:23
where did you guys get your scripts? can you share them? do they work with the newer version? does this module do something even without scripts present? will a english version be out sometime?

b1llygo4t
26 Oct 2008, 11:38
how do i shoop whoop?

robowurmz
26 Oct 2008, 17:25
How do I shot web?

AlexXsWx
30 Oct 2008, 20:11
where did you guys get your scripts? can you share them? do they work with the newer version? does this module do something even without scripts present? will a english version be out sometime?
Here is one of my scripts - telekines. http://jastrix.nextmail.ru/worms/Telekines2.pxs
How to make it work - Copy this scheme to folder wa/pxschemes. Run your WormKit (wkrubber must be OFF to work online). Minimize game, select telekines2.pxs in small window and DONT press any other keys (!!!11)
Host game (or play missions, or some1 more, like you wish). If you are hoster, and some1 with wk and wkpx.dll have joined to you, you must wait untill u'll see green text "Script sended" or "Script founded, request canceled" (or some1 like that, sorry my english:) ) This text must repeated for any1 who have joined. So in game with 3 players it must be 2 texts (3 - hoster)
Now, in game, script controls:
press 1 to select mines type, 2 - barrels, 3 - worms, 4 - crates.
Then press E (next object of selected type), or Q - previous.
Then you can control object by keys W,A,S,D. As default, there is no gravity for selected object. To enble it - hold leftshift. Press C to explode selected object.
Thats all! Good luck and have fun!
P.S. Latest dll - *deleted - sorry, i haven't it anymore :( anyway that file that was here is already old*
P.P.S. - Video of this script - http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=OzeicQ6eMo4

[UFP]Ghost
30 Oct 2008, 23:57
cool script :D

franpa
31 Oct 2008, 01:42
Thanks very much. Keep up the good work!

robowurmz
31 Oct 2008, 07:54
Awesome script.

franpa
31 Oct 2008, 08:11
hilarious script, pile the max amount of worms together then place 255 barrals on them ;) now shoot the barrals :D

raffie
31 Oct 2008, 16:01
Where do you put the script? it doesn't show up in the drop-down list...

AlexXsWx
31 Oct 2008, 16:09
Where do you put the script? it doesn't show up in the drop-down list...

How to make it work - Copy this scheme to folder wa/pxschemes.

P.S. Little cheat - put barrel to water, and turn it back - it will be unexplodivly :)))

raffie
31 Oct 2008, 16:36
0oooops /me looks like a noob

robowurmz
31 Oct 2008, 16:41
Put a worm in water, and bring him up. Hold the 'C' key and move him around! It's like a giant flameball that can move through terrain!

Entuser
31 Oct 2008, 17:34
On worms-px.ru released full version of 0.6.5 with english scheme editor, includes 2 sample schemes! More examples and manual will be available later

AlexXsWx
31 Oct 2008, 18:22
More one my script - advanced rope (http://jastrix.nextmail.ru/worms/AdvancedRope.pxs)
How it works -
Run any game with TestStuff (!!!)
In game select rope, in air (between two shots of rope) press arrows to select direction, and then enter to shoot rope.
P.S. Almost forgetted.. Here is video for that script ))
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=TKUmQ82y-BE

MihaiS
31 Oct 2008, 18:44
Awesome job, dude! May I ask, is there a place where we can find the script that allows multiple players to play in realtime?

AlexXsWx
31 Oct 2008, 18:48
Awesome job, dude! May I ask, is there a place where we can find the script that allows multiple players to play in realtime?
Yes, you may :D
No, there is no so place. RTW (RealTimeWorms) is VERY buggy now, and its unavailable now to downloading. It will be unavailable untill Entuser will fix it, so you can wait about few months lol.

robowurmz
31 Oct 2008, 20:24
That is awesome. A real gravity gun! That WORKS! And has it's own SPRITE! It's amazing!

AlexXsWx
31 Oct 2008, 21:05
Say "thaaaaanks^^" to morf`sW xD

Gnork
31 Oct 2008, 21:57
ok i've tried to get this 0.6.5.927 dll to work, but without success. Tried with 2 versions of wormkit, but I won't get those 2 nice green lines about sending the script when others join :( no matter which script i try from the little window which opened

the log file tells ok ok ok and more ok and also 'server listening' ... does it need a port to be open in the router or firewall?

eddy2000
31 Oct 2008, 23:05
Yes, you may :D
No, there is no so place. RTW (RealTimeWorms) is VERY buggy now, and its unavailable now to downloading. It will be unavailable untill Entuser will fix it, so you can wait about few months lol.

-----------------
lol:cool:

Malevol3nt
31 Oct 2008, 23:59
That is awesome. A real gravity gun! That WORKS! And has it's own SPRITE! It's amazing!

Hey can you give me a few pointers how to use the gravity gun?
I've tried the other script - telekinesis - which works fine.

What scheme do I use with the gravitygun script? I can't seem to make it work.

franpa
1 Nov 2008, 01:02
gnork, you did remove rubber worm right? Project X and RubberWorm don't work together.

[UFP]Ghost
1 Nov 2008, 02:57
ok...the gravity gun does nothing for me, i must not understand a crucial part of using that weapon or it just doesn't work, the others do.

franpa
1 Nov 2008, 03:04
Log started
PX Version : 0.6.5
for WA 3.6.29.0
WormKit Module
Unlocked code region

Most of the time, launching wormkit will not work, W:A will close immediatly after reaching the Front End. be aware that sometimes it will indeed work and let me do stuff, just most of the time it doesn't :\

[UFP]Ghost
1 Nov 2008, 03:18
Cool bug. if your on tele and you do a replay then the speed you set during the replay is the game speed.

I'v been unable to replroduce it so so far, it worked on speed 9 though.

Another bug. seeing a replay alters the game. What it thinks happened, is what it pretends did happen in terms of whether or not a worm was hit by an explosion or even touched.

franpa
1 Nov 2008, 03:37
how does a replay change what it thinks happens?

are you talking about in-game replays during single player/offline skirmash? or going to your Games folder and running a game replay from there? if you did run a replay from your Games folder, do you use Wormkit to open the replay and is the correct script chosen while watching the replay?

[UFP]Ghost
1 Nov 2008, 03:54
how does a replay change what it thinks happens?

are you talking about in-game replays during single player/offline skirmash? or going to your Games folder and running a game replay from there? if you did run a replay from your Games folder, do you use Wormkit to open the replay and is the correct script chosen while watching the replay?

I mean in game. Like it didn't replay me flying around and doing stuff, but 2 worms including the one whos turn it was died in the replay, when that never happened.

EDIT: did it again. I used the oldlady that releases mines and in the replay she didn't release mines so 2 worms lived that should have plopped. It showed the right animation, but the wrong thing.

franpa
1 Nov 2008, 05:04
Solution/Workaround: disable replays in the scheme options =)

[UFP]Ghost
1 Nov 2008, 05:06
cal ve chomare. (pretty much for my purposes it means obviously in English) I'm simply pointing out an easy to use bug.

It's extremlt easy to reproduce using the gravity gun.

Entuser
1 Nov 2008, 08:07
the log file tells ok ok ok and more ok and also 'server listening' ... does it need a port to be open in the router or firewall?

Need to forward port 17100 for scheme & script synchronization

AZ.MORF
1 Nov 2008, 08:31
ok i've tried to get this 0.6.5.927 dll to work, but without success. Tried with 2 versions of wormkit, but I won't get those 2 nice green lines about sending the script when others join :( no matter which script i try from the little window which opened

As I remember, you (hoster) need 17100 port opened for the script transfer

About gravity gun. Press + to change weapon table, press F3 to select gravity fun, then aim to worm/barrel and press space.. then press space again to fire
Gravity gun has some small bugs, e.g. gravity gun doesn't work if you are too close to the target. I'll fix it asap

Entuser
1 Nov 2008, 09:59
Ghost;674630']I mean in game. Like it didn't replay me flying around and doing stuff, but 2 worms including the one whos turn it was died in the replay, when that never happened.

EDIT: did it again. I used the oldlady that releases mines and in the replay she didn't release mines so 2 worms lived that should have plopped. It showed the right animation, but the wrong thing.

In-game relpays don't supported and probably will be not supported later. :( Because for this need big changes in WA replay saving algorithm

External replays already supported

robowurmz
1 Nov 2008, 10:31
To use the Gravitygun:
1. Open WaPx with the gravity gun scheme selected.
2. Start a single or multiplayer game, whatever.
3. Press the +/= key on the keyboard (at the end of the number row) to switch on the special weapons panel.
4. Choose Gravity gun.
5. Get close to enemy, press space once, gently. Worm is sucked towards gun and hovers in the air as you move around and aim up and down.
6. Aim where you want to throw the worm.
7. Press fire again to hurl the worm away.
=D

Malevol3nt
1 Nov 2008, 14:03
Ok seems to work now, thanx to robowurmz & others.

The graphics seem to be messed up for those 2 new weapons tho. The worm in selection with the sniper/gravity gun turns all white. Seems to be bugged a bit. But ok, it's still a beta I'll wait for the final. :)

Btw any plans on documentation in english? I'd love to make my own weapons but hopefully I don't need to programme in pascal to do that? (I've opened one of the scripts and found like 300 lines of code :p)

jsgnext
1 Nov 2008, 14:26
The PX works fine for me....the telekinesis script and the advanced rope script too....I got a problem with the gravity gun one(well it isnt a problem at all ,its just a pallette error),the custom worm sprites looks whitey(with a black and white palette),how can i fix that?

robowurmz
1 Nov 2008, 14:29
The PX works fine for me....the telekinesis script and the advanced rope script too....I got a problem with the gravity gun one(well it isnt a problem at all ,its just a pallette error),the custom worm sprites looks whitey(with a black and white palette),how can i fix that?

The problem with the palette is due to the face that their sprites aren't in the right palette form. There's a thread on it somewhere, when I tried to make custom sprites for W:A ages ago.

AZ.MORF
1 Nov 2008, 14:33
Ok seems to work now, thanx to robowurmz & others.

The graphics seem to be messed up for those 2 new weapons tho. The worm in selection with the sniper/gravity gun turns all white. Seems to be bugged a bit. But ok, it's still a beta I'll wait for the final. :)

Btw any plans on documentation in english? I'd love to make my own weapons but hopefully I don't need to programme in pascal to do that? (I've opened one of the scripts and found like 300 lines of code :p)
You do not need to make pascal code if you want just to insert new sprites. If you want your weapon to do something unusual you need to know pascal..
To solve problem with messed colors: delete all .dir files in folder WA_folder/data/Gfx/ except Gfx.dir.

Entuser
1 Nov 2008, 14:37
The graphics seem to be messed up for those 2 new weapons tho. The worm in selection with the sniper/gravity gun turns all white. Seems to be bugged a bit. But ok, it's still a beta I'll wait for the final.

Change your color scheme in WA settings. New sprites don't working on light color scheme yet.

Btw any plans on documentation in english? I'd love to make my own weapons but hopefully I don't need to programme in pascal to do that? (I've opened one of the scripts and found like 300 lines of code )

Editing of default weapons is simply. Press the "edit" button on the main window. If you want make new weapon table press "copy" button.

franpa
1 Nov 2008, 15:37
Change your color scheme in WA settings. New sprites don't working on light color scheme yet.
Worms are off colour with the dark scheme too.

Gnork
1 Nov 2008, 15:42
thx for port info, it's working fine! 17100 ftw!

Cancel button besides Ok button would be greatly appreciated I guess xD

keep on the fun work! cu in a few months when more stable and worked out :P

Entuser
1 Nov 2008, 16:12
Try this :

move out all .dir files in folder WA_folder/data/Gfx/ except Gfx.dir.

jsgnext
1 Nov 2008, 16:28
To solve problem with messed colors: delete all .dir files in folder WA_folder/data/Gfx/ except Gfx.dir.

Thx....that solved my problem.

[UFP]Ghost
1 Nov 2008, 17:21
I was messing around on an indy map, and i made my worm fly into the sky till about 3000 off screen, then some strange explosion happens in the actual map? Can somebody try it and explain it?

edit: it only happens if you explode yourself until like 3072. If you just fly up then explode it doesn't do it.

Gnork
1 Nov 2008, 17:37
lol green and me had a pile of mines stuck on top of each other, rotating around their axes.. weird to see a stick of living mines on the map, seemingly infinite loop -.-

Malevol3nt
1 Nov 2008, 18:38
You do not need to make pascal code if you want just to insert new sprites. If you want your weapon to do something unusual you need to know pascal..

Ok nice to know. Is there any way to extract the .img files from the weapons tho? And are there any limits on how much colors these weapons can have?

Edit: Also, when I make my own .img's how do I pack them in a .dir file?

Edit2: I've allready found some pages within the program with '??' letters and some errors/bugs. You want me to report these here?

Malevol3nt
1 Nov 2008, 21:32
May I ask for a personal request?

In the Scheme Weapon Table Editor it would be really useful to have copy and paste buttons. So for example we could copy all the settings of the Grenade to a new weapon and then edit it. This would be useful if we want to create a big sort of similar weapons or weapons that have some of the same properties.

Either copy&paste buttons or maybe instead an easier option is a duplicate button, for example just duplicate the weapon and then edit it.

robowurmz
1 Nov 2008, 21:45
Edit2: I've allready found some pages within the program with '??' letters and some errors/bugs. You want me to report these here?

The ???'s are unknown flags/values.

Drc
1 Nov 2008, 21:48
Here is one of my scripts - telekines. http://jastrix.nextmail.ru/Telekines2.pxs
How to make it work - Copy this scheme to folder wa/pxschemes. Run your WormKit (wkrubber must be OFF to work online). Minimize game, select telekines2.pxs in small window and DONT press any other keys (!!!11)
Host game (or play missions, or some1 more, like you wish). If you are hoster, and some1 with wk and wkpx.dll have joined to you, you must wait untill u'll see green text "Script sended" or "Script founded, request canceled" (or some1 like that, sorry my english:) ) This text must repeated for any1 who have joined. So in game with 3 players it must be 2 texts (3 - hoster)
Then you can control object by keys W,A,S,D. As default, there is no gravity for selected object. To enble it - hold leftshift. Press C to explode selected object.
P.S. Latest dll - here http://jastrix.nextmail.ru/wkPX.dll

why the site is blocked??

robowurmz
1 Nov 2008, 22:27
Is it? Perfectly fine for me. Check your settings.

MihaiS
1 Nov 2008, 22:34

That's what your Firefox says. Just ignore the warning and proceed to the download page.

Drc
1 Nov 2008, 23:10
That's what your Firefox says. Just ignore the warning and proceed to the download page.

its in russian so i don't understand lol

eddy2000
1 Nov 2008, 23:50
blocked too for me.....
blocked by the authorities.... lol

however i take that:cool:

franpa
2 Nov 2008, 00:02
click the "ignore this warning" button in the bottom right if your using Firefox :) or just download it from the attachment above >.>"

franpa
2 Nov 2008, 00:04
Try this :

@_@ I saw that but when I actually went to test it out, I forgot about it >_<"

Drc
2 Nov 2008, 00:29
ShoppaScheme.pxs

i don't know if u guys already played the shoopascheme but when i catch the crate i don't recieve the messenger that says what weapon i get it and after do afr i just can't rope anymore (forgive my english)

Telekines2.pxs

when i select worms i try to go to the water and then the worm dies.when i select barrel or mine or crate if i press C to many time it explodes to many times too...it should explode just one time right???

i think this scheme is noob :(:(

gravitygun.pxs

weird but funny the sniper can kill me and not the enemy, the oldlady cool but the donkey its really weird should be a better picture:(:(

Gnork
2 Nov 2008, 01:02
I wanna see a scheme where worms have to race with crates or cooperate in 2vs2 game dragging each other, drawn by this gravity gun, from A to B. Moving girders while having your worm with the crate on it would be nice. Possible? :P

Green dragged a worm around with this gravity fun while being on a rope. Can we drag girders like that as well? And use them as a surf board to skim it across water, bump it onto land? Cool way to transport your crate/teammate on it riding the waves... xD

jsgnext
2 Nov 2008, 01:44
Ghost;674657']I was messing around on an indy map, and i made my worm fly into the sky till about 3000 off screen, then some strange explosion happens in the actual map? Can somebody try it and explain it?

edit: it only happens if you explode yourself until like 3072. If you just fly up then explode it doesn't do it.

its a bug with the rubber worm....just try to bounce hard with the rope and then drop a granade when u are until like 2700 out of the map.....alll the worms in the map will take a damage of 25000

franpa
2 Nov 2008, 02:10
I was messing around on an indy map, and i made my worm fly into the sky till about 3000 off screen, then some strange explosion happens in the actual map? Can somebody try it and explain it?

leaving the game area, is known to cause erratic behavior in the game. moving a worm under the water (need TS 3) will cause the current game to 'end' when it returns to that players turn.

robowurmz
2 Nov 2008, 10:06
Karoshi is a great game, and it's cool to see the little karoshi guy and the massive boss head in the scheme!

AlexXsWx
2 Nov 2008, 10:14
Telekines2.pxs

when i select worms i try to go to the water and then the worm dies.

Emm.. sorry, cannt understand you. Are you mean when your worm going to water hes die? Then all right, dont understand why you are wondered.

when i select barrel or mine or crate if i press C to many time it explodes to many times too...it should explode just one time right???
Nop, its must explode till you hold c key :)))

i think this scheme is noob :(:(
This scheme is just for fun.. If you dont like it - just dont play it :D

About jastrix.nextmail.ru.. I dont know what do you mean by "blocking". The most text is on the russian, but there is text on english too, just be more attentive ;) Or just click on the big black word in the center ))

Gnork
2 Nov 2008, 13:19
Why on earth is there a VERY VERY HUGE megabytes big TXT log written in a few minutes? It makes the game lag immense due to the harddisk activity... can we disable logging?

AlexXsWx
2 Nov 2008, 13:35
Why on earth is there a VERY VERY HUGE megabytes big TXT log written in a few minutes? It makes the game lag immense due to the harddisk activity... can we disable logging?

Pls show me log. There is no ability now to disable logging, we need to know whats happened to fix any bugs )

AlexXsWx
2 Nov 2008, 14:42
By the way - if lags are too large, u may use this one - *here was link to wkPX.dll without logging. But sorry - i haven't this dll anymore, anyway it is already old now* (if you will use it - rename or (better) remove original wkPX.dll)
BUT will be better if you will use standart wkPX.dll

Gnork
2 Nov 2008, 15:34
Pls show me log. There is no ability now to disable logging, we need to know whats happened to fix any bugs )

I think you'll be happy with the 75Mb logfile you got during our 2 minutes game :p

selecting schemes in the pulldown box before joining ag will load the scheme, but switching schemes in the host window often doesn't.

Drc
2 Nov 2008, 16:36
[QUOTE=AlexXsWx;674717]Emm.. sorry, cannt understand you. Are you mean when your worm going to water hes die? Then all right, dont understand why you are wondered.

if u send a barrel or a mine to water u can explode as many time as u want...and u can do it with the worm too...so if i send a computer worm to water he still alive but mines die

Malevol3nt
2 Nov 2008, 16:37
So can anyone help with explaining me how to pack .img files into a single .dir file? ".dir" is some sort of an archive that w:a can read right? The only way to make new weapons (as far as I know) is to import a .dir file and then select which .img file to use in the px weapon editor.

So how do I pack .img's into a .dir?

Muzer
2 Nov 2008, 17:43
http://worms2d.info/WA_directory_editor

This only works for gfx.dir, not gfx1.dir or gfx2.dir

Malevol3nt
2 Nov 2008, 18:07

Thanx mate.

Drc
2 Nov 2008, 18:30

i don't know how it works.can u tell me?? i wanna make my own weapon too

Drc
2 Nov 2008, 19:01

I guess you were wrong :P

Malevol3nt
2 Nov 2008, 21:35
It's really easy mate. I've just started today and I allready understand it.

To replace or edit available weapons:

First backup your gfx.dir file which is in the DATA\GFX folder.

1. Open the gfx.dir file with the editor (File > Open). Now create a new folder somewhere on your desktop, open the editor again and select 'Extract,Convert,Log'. Extract the files to the new folder on your desktop.

2. Edit your weapons with photoshop or whatever program you may have, but remember that you need to keep the existing palette or the graphics will look bad when played.

There are a bunch of files you can edit:

.img.bmp - these are static images, mostly used for the weapon table and static weapons (for example when an arrow attaches to the wall it's replaced by a static image)

.spr.bmp - these are the 'animated' images. They are actually image frames sorted in blocks of a certain ammount of pixels, the block on top is the first frame, and the bottom block is the last frame. The size of these blocks is determined in the equivalent .spr.spd file.

.spr.spd - these are files which include various settings for each of the animated images. For example if you have an "aquasheep.spr.bmp" file, then you must have an equivalent "aquasheep.spr.spd" file. Open these spr.spd files with notepad to edit them.
You can edit the ammount of frames, the dimensions of these frames, aswell as the framerate. (I've no idea what the Flags option is for tho)

3. Once you're done with your edits open the Sprite editor again and select 'Reconstruct from log'. Browse to the new folder on your desktop again and select the file "Gfx.dir.txt". This file contains the information on all of the images that will be included in the .dir archive. Now select File > Save As.., browse to the DATA\GFX folder and save it as gfx.dir.

NOTE: This is how you replace your original gfx.dir file from w:a with your own. Remember to backup your gfx.dir file before you do this.
I've tried playing online with some of my edits and they seemed to work. If you only edit the images without adding new weapons or messing around with the .spr.spd files then you don't need to use PX to be able to use them in game.

---

Eventually I'll write a follow-up tutorial on how to create new weapons and save them in your own .dir file which you can call up with a PX script. I have to experiment a bit more with this, but I think I'll know more by tommorow.

Drc
2 Nov 2008, 22:06
It's really easy mate. I've just started today and I allready understand it.

To replace or edit available weapons:

First backup your gfx.dir file which is in the DATA\GFX folder.

1. Open the gfx.dir file with the editor (File > Open). Now create a new folder somewhere on your desktop, open the editor again and select 'Extract,Convert,Log'. Extract the files to the new folder on your desktop.

2. Edit your weapons with photoshop or whatever program you may have, but remember that you need to keep the existing palette or the graphics will look bad when played.

There are a bunch of files you can edit:

.img.bmp - these are static images, mostly used for the weapon table and static weapons (for example when an arrow attaches to the wall it's replaced by a static image)

.spr.bmp - these are the 'animated' images. They are actually image frames sorted in blocks of a certain ammount of pixels, the block on top is the first frame, and the bottom block is the last frame. The size of these blocks is determined in the equivalent .spr.spd file.

.spr.spd - these are files which include various settings for each of the animated images. For example if you have an "aquasheep.spr.bmp" file, then you must have an equivalent "aquasheep.spr.spd" file. Open these spr.spd files with notepad to edit them.
You can edit the ammount of frames, the dimensions of these frames, aswell as the framerate. (I've no idea what the Flags option is for tho)

3. Once you're done with your edits open the Sprite editor again and select 'Reconstruct from log'. Browse to the new folder on your desktop again and select the file "Gfx.dir.txt". This file contains the information on all of the images that will be included in the .dir archive. Now select File > Save As.., browse to the DATA\GFX folder and save it as gfx.dir.

NOTE: This is how you replace your original gfx.dir file from w:a with your own. Remember to backup your gfx.dir file before you do this.
I've tried playing online with some of my edits and they seemed to work. If you only edit the images without adding new weapons or messing around with the .spr.spd files then you don't need to use PX to be able to use them in game.

---

Eventually I'll write a follow-up tutorial on how to create new weapons and save them in your own .dir file which you can call up with a PX script. I have to experiment a bit more with this, but I think I'll know more by tommorow.

thnx friend i ill try that:D:D:D

MihaiS
3 Nov 2008, 04:31
I guess you were wrong :P

Thank God!

Malevol3nt
3 Nov 2008, 18:35
Scroll Down, I found a solution

Within the SpriteEditor archive is a .pal file, it's supposed to be a color palette file so I can safely convert any new weapon images into the worms palette colors so the colors don't look messed up.

But I've had no luck with importing this color palette to photoshop. Does anyone know how? I've tried via Image>Mode>Indexed Color > Custom Palette, and opened the file 'wormspalette.pal' but I get this error message:

"Could not load the color table because it is not a valid Microsoft Palete file"

Edit: Oops, it seems that the wormspalette.pal is actually a Paint Shop Pro palette file. I may need a converter to create a photoshop native palette file.

Solution: Nevermind, I've found a palette file converter allready. All I had to do is download this neat palette converter here (http://www.agentur-simon.de/pedit/), and just open the .pal file and save it as .act for photoshop. This might be useful for others that want to edit weapons aswell.

Gnork
3 Nov 2008, 23:54
blah

NO!! -.-

xD

Malevol3nt
4 Nov 2008, 04:20
I want a wider colors pallete for w:a grrrrrr!!! :)

Just a quick question for cybershadow:

I know there was no use in increasing the color pallete in worms yet, since all the graphics were allready exported into a limited number of colors and increasing the palette size wouldn't make a difference. But if there were new sprites and images available for w:a would it be hard to implement support for a wider palette of colors? (Maybe a wormkit module if the old palette must be used)

I'm not asking you to do it, I'm just asking if it's possible and if it would be too much of work.

Specifically I'm talking about weapons here, not any of the GUI/Interface graphics. (I've noticed there are various different .pal palette files in the graphics folder for the gui parts etc.)

CyberShadow
4 Nov 2008, 07:35
This has been discussed countless times in the past. W:A uses an 8-bit screen mode, which means that it's limited to 256 colours on the screen at the same time. Changing the color depth involves rewriting many parts of the game code.

Malevol3nt
4 Nov 2008, 12:22
This has been discussed countless times in the past. W:A uses an 8-bit screen mode, which means that it's limited to 256 colours on the screen at the same time. Changing the color depth involves rewriting many parts of the game code.

Ok thanx for letting me know. :)

Malevol3nt
4 Nov 2008, 18:11
Anyone know where the underwater sprites are located?

The gfx.dir extracted only a couple of underwater sprites.. and I know there are more. I'm looking where to save underwater sprites - for example the cow underwater sprite (since it was not in the gfx.dir)

There's no way I can replace them unless I know where they're located at. Anyone have any idea?

Muzer
4 Nov 2008, 18:22
On the CD.

Malevol3nt
4 Nov 2008, 18:38
On the CD.
Thanx mate!

Matrix123
5 Nov 2008, 20:16
How to play this real-time worms? I've got some file "wkpx.dll" but I don't know where place it?

MihaiS
6 Nov 2008, 06:23
How to play this real-time worms? I've got some file "wkpx.dll" but I don't know where place it?
Real-time worms is not available yet.

Just place wkPX.dll in your W:A installation folder. Here's how you use schemes:

Here is one of my scripts - telekines. http://jastrix.nextmail.ru/Telekines2.pxs
P.S. Latest dll - here http://jastrix.nextmail.ru/wkPX.dll

franpa
6 Nov 2008, 06:56
you also need wormkit.

Matrix123
6 Nov 2008, 11:49
In this small window there is nothing to select :/ You said to copy your scheme to folder wa/pxschemes - where? Do I have to create folder "pxschemes" in main folder with game? And how to disable wkrubber?

AlexXsWx
6 Nov 2008, 16:19
In this small window there is nothing to select :/ You said to copy your scheme to folder wa/pxschemes - where? Do I have to create folder "pxschemes" in main folder with game? And how to disable wkrubber?
Yes, you have to create this folder.
How to disable rubber - rename wkrubber.dll to any name without first two "wk" letters on the start (as example to "w1krubber.dll", or "DONTWORKwkrubber.dll"), or just remove it from wa folder.

jsgnext
6 Nov 2008, 17:04
i got a question...why i have to disable rubberworm??....i didnt disabled it and i can use project X without any problem....

AlexXsWx
6 Nov 2008, 17:42
i got a question...why i have to disable rubberworm??....i didnt disabled it and i can use project X without any problem....
Becouze it dont works online (with other players), online game catch desync when rubber and px works together.

_Kilburn
16 Nov 2008, 19:14
Holy poocake on a stick, this looks awesome! Sorry to bump a little this thread, but I haven't been in there for a while and I didn't know there was such a mod.

Definitively downloading it. :p I've always thought The Fiddler was way too limited.
Oh, and glad this is actually brand new. When a friend talked me about it, I thought it was some old random abandoned project.

robowurmz
16 Nov 2008, 20:20
Holy poocake on a stick, this looks awesome! Sorry to bump a little this thread, but I haven't been in there for a while and I didn't know there was such a mod.

Definitively downloading it. :p I've always thought The Fiddler was way too limited.
Oh, and glad this is actually brand new. When a friend talked me about it, I thought it was some old random abandoned project.

You're going to love telekinesis.

plow
26 Nov 2008, 20:08
It doesnt work for me! help!
See, when i try to use wkpx it starts but then closes and says look in error log so i do.
Then i dont understand it, just a bunch of letters! if anyone can help i will be very thankful.
and NO im not using rubberworm or something.

Drc
26 Nov 2008, 21:52

yeah me too but normal games crash with wkPX.dll

jsgnext
27 Nov 2008, 15:14
i gotta a question for PX staff....the realtime worms project is abandoned??

MihaiS
27 Nov 2008, 15:28
I'm not part of the staff, but I can assure you it is not abandoned.

CyberShadow
1 Dec 2008, 19:25
0.6.5 still crashes for me.

I have DEP turned on, by the way.

j0e0e
10 Dec 2008, 08:51
WOW!!! I never thought I'd see the day that real time worms was made

Registered just to post this ;). I will definitely have to experiment with this over the Christmas break.

jsgnext
11 Dec 2008, 14:44
WOW!!! I never thought I'd see the day that real time worms was made

Registered just to post this ;). I will definitely have to experiment with this over the Christmas break.

nobody knows when RT worms will come out....maybe it wont be out for cristmas

robowurmz
11 Dec 2008, 17:16
It's getting more and more stable every time I see it... there may be a chance of a Christmas Beta!

j0e0e
12 Dec 2008, 05:17
Awesome... this will revolutionize the game. I can't wait to play some real time battle races and CTFs :)

plow
21 Dec 2008, 10:25
CyberShadow i have the same problem.
cant anyone help us?
and whats DEP?

what_smell
22 Dec 2008, 23:09
I think you guys should try the sheep glitch with project x. That would be the ultimate test against lag. Oops, my bad, I didn't realize W:A didn't have sheep glitch, thought both did, nvm.

franpa
23 Dec 2008, 04:11
DEP
Data Execute Protection bit? (protective, protect, prevention?)

Konar6
23 Dec 2008, 11:58
franpa: I think plow's post should have been in this topic: http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37590

Plainplane
26 Dec 2008, 06:13
I think you guys should try the sheep glitch with project x. That would be the ultimate test against lag. Oops, my bad, I didn't realize W:A didn't have sheep glitch, thought both did, nvm.Yeah, I miss Sheepy Glitch...:(

Hopefully it is reintroduced when a "Using a weapon doesn't end your turn mode" is introduced into WormNet.

lDarKl
26 Dec 2008, 06:21
when a "Using a weapon doesn't end your turn mode" is introduced into WormNet.
That, sir, has already been done (http://worms2d.info/Rubberworm). Not officially but as a WormKit module.

Plainplane
26 Dec 2008, 06:28
That, sir, has already been done (http://worms2d.info/Rubberworm). Not officially but as a WormKit module.Thanks for that, but I would rather wait for an official release.

raffie
26 Dec 2008, 12:37
Thanks for that, but I would rather wait for an official release.

Ummm, and while you wait for that (and turn grey), the rest of us will enjoy the feature you specifically mentioned, plus a load of other fun features rubberworm provides :confused:

jsgnext
26 Dec 2008, 14:27
Ummm, and while you wait for that (and turn grey), the rest of us will enjoy the feature you specifically mentioned, plus a load of other fun features rubberworm provides :confused:

yep.....all the wormpot options (including crate shower and multishot,used in rubberworm) will come with a new schemme format in a future update before 4.0

pisto
2 Feb 2009, 13:40
how's going on this project?

Malevol3nt
2 Feb 2009, 14:49
The way realtime worms works right now is a bit too complicated for a public release just yet imo.

mb777
25 Feb 2009, 18:16
Can anyone use Project X?

What do I do now?

All I get is a small box pop up asking for a script, when i run WA.

What do I do?

franpa
26 Feb 2009, 02:54
choose a script in that popup then play a game...

mb777
6 Mar 2009, 01:12
Ah there were no scripts.....

plow
29 Mar 2009, 05:47
I got it to work!
It seems that I had to update to .29. Haha... And WHEN IS REALTIME GOING TO WORK!!!!!!!! Is it working now?
if its too hard for public then how hard is it? do you need to know c++? hex? anything?

jsgnext
30 Mar 2009, 02:33
I got it to work!
It seems that I had to update to .29. Haha... And WHEN IS REALTIME GOING TO WORK!!!!!!!! Is it working now?
if its too hard for public then how hard is it? do you need to know c++? hex? anything?

I just hope they havent dropped that project.
Entuser,plz,if u drop the project (or dropped) at least release a non-finished ver wih the code to let someone finish it for u and for all the WA fans.

robowurmz
30 Mar 2009, 07:11
I still have the RTW binaries, script, and scheme. I'll keep them here unless he says it's ok to release.

NOTE: I probably have an old and outdated version.

pisto
30 Mar 2009, 07:43
Nullum told me that wa-px is dead at the moment, being entuser rather inactive.

franpa
30 Mar 2009, 12:04
He said that ages ago, it's status has been "on ice" for ages now :(

plow
30 Mar 2009, 13:56
Hope it doesnt get finished by 2010. :(
Edit: do they stil see if your post is good or not? cause this post got through fast...

robowurmz
30 Mar 2009, 17:04
Edit: do they stil see if your post is good or not? cause this post got through fast...

You are only made to go through post validation for a few of your posts when you're a new user. :)

plow
31 Mar 2009, 07:04
You are only made to go through post validation for a few of your posts when you're a new user. :)
Oh, ok thanks. Lol I thought they were ALWAYS gonna do that. (thinking "HOW STUPID IS THAT!?")

Muzer
31 Mar 2009, 08:00
Hehe, they used to do that when the forum first opened. It soon went completely; it's only relatively recently when we got this system,and I have to say, it is working quite well.

Entuser
3 Apr 2009, 10:47
I just hope they havent dropped that project.
Entuser,plz,if u drop the project (or dropped) at least release a non-finished ver wih the code to let someone finish it for u and for all the WA fans.

I didn't drop this project. It is only frozen till the end of April - May, because I'm now working on other project, which not concerning to Worms.

Is it working now?

Yes, working, but with many bugs and not easy launching.(need to select same map,scheme,PX scheme, then start singleplayer game)

opiumtest7
14 Jun 2009, 20:48
(sorry i had to write this: first post evvaaaaah :D)

anyway if i open up wormkit i see that popup with no probs but it rapidly starts up wormz and if i minimize the game i see a black pop up and i cant do anything
what am i doing wrong?

and heres how my wa folder looks like
(had to shrink it a bit otherwise couldnt upload

kellykel
25 Aug 2009, 01:54
Oh no, I got wa today but the site for project x is down! Will it come back?!?

Dante66400
28 Aug 2009, 23:05
hi,plz,can someone upload Project X on mediafire or something like that?Site is down,i don't know if he will be back,but maybe he will never,so please...

Maybe upload it on Knowledge wiki?

Entuser
29 Aug 2009, 08:43
We have some problems with domain name , i hope that site will be available soon.

I have uploaded 0.6.5b version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2iqzznzkngv

kellykel
29 Aug 2009, 13:39
When I start the game the menu for loading a script pops up, but then it starts the game too fast!
Nevermind, but there are no scripts to load when I look at it!

franpa
29 Aug 2009, 13:46
1) you can minimize right?

2) get some scripts then!

kellykel
29 Aug 2009, 13:55
I have scripts and I figured out you had to minimize but there were no scripts in the menu.
Also if I try to play a game with me editing a weapon and checkmarks it doesnt work.
It closes wa and says an error has happened.

Entuser
29 Aug 2009, 13:57
Place scripts into PXSchemes folder

kellykel
29 Aug 2009, 14:10
Are the psx files scripts?
Also does this work offline?

Entuser
29 Aug 2009, 14:19
PXS file is PX Scheme, that can contain scripts

Also does this work offline?

Yes.

kellykel
29 Aug 2009, 14:41
I got it now. I didnt know that you needed the pxsschemes in the wa file.
I tried to edit a weapon but it didnt work. Do I need a worms scheme?

kellykel
29 Aug 2009, 16:42
I cant get the gravity gun working. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeLp

jsgnext
29 Aug 2009, 19:34
Nice to see the "project X" is still alive.....keep on the work :)

Entuser
30 Aug 2009, 05:55
I cant get the gravity gun working. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeLp
Gravity gun is on second page. Press "+" (or "]" key in some versions) key for switching pages in weapon panel.

robowurmz
30 Aug 2009, 12:14
The telekinesis script is one of the most fun to play with.

kellykel
30 Aug 2009, 13:33
Thanks, why isn't this more popular, we could have 100s of scripts if it was!

Entuser
31 Aug 2009, 11:34
Wait for new version. It will include a new , a lot more powerful scripting engine and many new features.

kellykel
31 Aug 2009, 22:09
:rolleyes::cool::eek::)

baconsucks
22 Sep 2009, 01:00
My anti-virus software found a virus (Induc.a) in the current Project-X version.
Seems to be a virus that infects the Delphi development environment (and thus the programs compiled with it..apparently it's harmless apart from that).
Is Project-X written in Delphi?
I also downloaded the older versions before, they're clean.. ;)

Entuser
22 Sep 2009, 10:26
Yes, Project X is written in Delphi. I removed virus from my Delphi environment, but i can't recompile 0.6.5 version because i haven't saved old sources.

baconsucks
22 Sep 2009, 11:21
Too bad.. :confused:
You can't recompile 0.6.5 ? or 0.6.5b ?
If you need the old 0.6.5 version..
Sent you a link via ICQ ;)
Cheers

recuero
28 Sep 2009, 19:24
how do you do to make your schemes made with PX running? i already have wormkit

kellykel
28 Sep 2009, 20:37
Can you explain? I don't understand.;)

MihaiS_v2
28 Sep 2009, 21:34
I don't understand.;)

You can try guessing.

kellykel
29 Sep 2009, 20:43
If you mean how to play them just put the px scheme file in the wa file and then run wormkit. Then you click the bottom of wa and it will make it small and you can change which scheme. If you cant find out what it does hit =. I hope it works!

franpa
30 Sep 2009, 05:49
You have to put the scheme files in a new folder where W:A is installed, I always forget what this folder needs to be named though.

baconsucks
30 Sep 2009, 12:28
You have to put the scheme files in a new folder where W:A is installed, I always forget what this folder needs to be named though.

It's named "PXSchemes".

kellykel
2 Oct 2009, 03:11
Yep. Its "PxSchemes"

baconsucks
8 Oct 2009, 10:43
Hey Entuser..The link on the index of the Project-X-Page leads to /forums, but it needs to be /forum
Quite confusing ;)

SgtFusion
9 Oct 2009, 01:37
Woohoo!! I just played a game using the gravity gun and sniper rifle and the game statistics said that leet points of damage had been done during the game!! w00t!!1!
I tried making a "Napalm weapons" scheme. I changed the "explode into" options on several weapons to "fire." When I clicked on the options for "fire" for each weapon, the window that came up had 3 text boxes and one checkbox, but the labels for everything were made up of question marks instead of readable text. Would the creator please tell me what each of these parameters does?

robowurmz
9 Oct 2009, 10:39
Would the creator please tell me what each of these parameters does?

The question marks appear to indicate that he doesn't know what it does either. I believe the same thing was in the Fiddler too. Just play around with the parameters, and see what happens to the flames in-game. They seem to affect it in no straightforward way, so just mess about until you find something you like.

franpa
9 Oct 2009, 10:42
Or it means you don't have the font/language the descriptions are provided in available.

GranPC
9 Oct 2009, 17:17
Hey Entuser..The link on the index of the Project-X-Page leads to /forums, but it needs to be /forum
Quite confusing ;)

Sorry, I was setting up the site. Thanks for the report, but someone fixed it for me. :o

kellykel
9 Oct 2009, 22:09
I'm gad to see the site up again! Now keep working at the program again!

SgtFusion
10 Oct 2009, 06:37
I went on the site, and tried to go to the schemes page. I got this error with the title "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error":

CyberShadow
10 Oct 2009, 06:56
Sorry, I broke it. Use this link: http://px.worms2d.info/

SgtFusion
10 Oct 2009, 07:28
Hey, how come the colours of the gravity gun are screwed up? Also, how do I create my own sprite directories?

GranPC
10 Oct 2009, 09:22
I'm gad to see the site up again! Now keep working at the program again!
Please note I'm in no way affiliated to Project X (or Realtime Worms) development, I just help Entuser with the site and betatest everything.
Hey, how come the colours of the gravity gun are screwed up? Also, how do I create my own sprite directories?
I recall you had to remove all Gfx*.dir files in DATA/Gfx, except for Gfx.dir, but make a backup just in case I'm wrong. I think there's a tool on the Worms Knowledge base to create your sprite directories.

CyberShadow, I think I'll need FTP and phpMyAdmin, please.

SgtFusion
10 Oct 2009, 09:38
Thanks. That worked.
Unfortunately, WormKit/W:A/Project X doesn't seem to like the sprite overrides in the scheme I made. It crashes when I start a multiplayer game. Here is an ERRORLOG, and my Scheme.
[attachments removed]

GranPC
10 Oct 2009, 09:44
I can't see anything being different. What did you override?

Entuser
10 Oct 2009, 09:45
Should be "Attach\" in "dir file name" field, not "Attached\"

SgtFusion
10 Oct 2009, 10:11
*sigh* Thank you. That fixed it. This kind of thing happens to me a lot.

kellykel
10 Oct 2009, 14:45
Should be "Attach\" in "dir file name" field, not "Attached\"

I am confused. Can you help me!

GranPC
10 Oct 2009, 15:30
I am confused. Can you help me!

What is your problem?

kellykel
10 Oct 2009, 16:42
I can't run the napalm scheme. At the loading it has an error. I think it is the same problem but i can't figure out what entuser is saying.

GranPC
10 Oct 2009, 17:26
That scheme is just unplayable yet, I think. Wait for the author to release it.

kellykel
10 Oct 2009, 18:34
Oh. I didn't think of that. OK!

SgtFusion
11 Oct 2009, 04:50
In case you wanted to know, it's now uploaded at the Project-X website.

kellykel
11 Oct 2009, 16:22
Oh. Cool. I always like new schemes! They make :( turn to ;) then :cool:!

GranPC
12 Oct 2009, 10:06
I've had to close the scheme uploader for now. A newly found security flaw could have been exploited to upload code to the server. I'm working on fixing it.

EDIT: Brilliant, could bring it back up.

MihaiS_v2
12 Oct 2009, 20:41
A newly found security flaw could have been exploited to upload code to the server.

Upload code to a server?... Which could've been executed by?

Muzer
12 Oct 2009, 21:05
Um, the server...

GranPC
12 Oct 2009, 21:06
PHP.

10char

Ninja'd.

pisto
13 Oct 2009, 14:21
I decided to update RubberWorm no more.
Entuser, are you interested in the RW sources? You could merge RW and PX togheter, and some features of the never-to-be next version of RubbeRorm are stubbed or ready.

CyberShadow
13 Oct 2009, 14:27
Are you working on something else related to W:A, or are you "retiring"?

pisto
13 Oct 2009, 14:31
retiring. Uni, you know. And I probably lost interest in all of this, reverse-engineering and stuff.

CyberShadow
13 Oct 2009, 14:48
I got a job, currently doing Master's, and still get the itch to reverse something once in a while :p

pisto
13 Oct 2009, 14:50
And I got Free Time, that's much more gruelling than your jobs and masters:p:D

Muzer
13 Oct 2009, 17:14
I always find that too - why is it when you have free time you don't want to code/reverse engineer, but when you're really busy you really want to?

pisto
13 Oct 2009, 17:23
you get the point
it's just an escape from stress and normal routine.

b1llygo4t
13 Oct 2009, 21:36

sad sad day:(

jsgnext
23 Oct 2009, 19:27
Entuser, are you interested in the RW sources? You could merge RW and PX togheter, and some features of the never-to-be next version of RubbeRorm are stubbed or ready.

So bad.....but thx for all the time u put on the most used Wormkitmodule :)
Lets put our hands together for PX now -.-

GranPC
23 Oct 2009, 19:32
Don't worry, PX is still alive and kicking. Entuser had been talking to me approximately 1 hour and a half ago, and I was testing a new version and stuff. So, don't worry, RW probably won't be dropped, since Entuser says he's gonna take the source and merge it with PX.

MihaiS_v2
23 Oct 2009, 20:23
I know a few people that would go nuts without RubberWorm.

b1llygo4t
23 Oct 2009, 22:07
like me.

i dont like px, because its overly complicated to the average user. its hard to get other players to try it.

i propose you guys fix bugs in both modules and make them AND ts all compatible with each other. and update rubber when new betas come out

jsgnext
24 Oct 2009, 02:31
i dont like px, because its overly complicated to the average user. its hard to get other players to try it.

Thats just because its new.....when rubberworm came out nobody used it on wormnet.....its hard to find "Rubberppl" nowadays btw.

b1llygo4t
24 Oct 2009, 03:14
Thats just because its new.....when rubberworm came out nobody used it on wormnet.....its hard to find "Rubberppl" nowadays btw.

px is not that new, its more than a year old.

its because px is alot more complicated than asking if people have it and typing /help into the pregame lobby or loading a rubberized scheme. it takes about 5 minutes to install, understand and use.

i live in the states. during the time frame that i play (anywhere from 5pm to 3am) there is never a shortage of rubberwormers.

pisto
24 Oct 2009, 14:56
I gave the sources to Deadcode, because he's considering to merge it in the official updates.

MihaiS_v2
24 Oct 2009, 15:15
http://fc03.deviantart.com/images3/i/2005/151/f/4/Party_by_dirtypaintbrush.gifI gave the sources to Deadcode, because he's considering to merge it in the official updates.http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/290/6/5/_party__by_LeoLeonardo.gif

robowurmz
24 Oct 2009, 19:03
stuff

hell yes!!!

Bawb
24 Oct 2009, 23:11
Hot damn!!!

b1llygo4t
25 Oct 2009, 00:40
/me screams like a little school girl at a backstreet boys concert

raffie
28 Oct 2009, 14:27
I gave the sources to Deadcode, because he's considering to merge it in the official updates.

O.o amazing.

How does this affect you updating rubberworm though?
Nvm, didn't read the thread...

Hopefully the features will still be updated by the official betapatchers then...

jsgnext
30 Oct 2009, 21:02
WA 3.6.30 with rubberworm included.....that would be awesome....

GranPC
1 Feb 2010, 17:51
Sorry for the monstruous bump, but we have just released the Project X 0.8.0 trailer (and I think that's quite enough of a contribution), which you can watch on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgaAGrM7bJw

jsgnext
2 Feb 2010, 04:03
magnets....of lol....need centry gun and W2A will be useless (?)

GranPC
2 Feb 2010, 15:08
Exactly :D

Also, for those complaining that PX 0.6.5 was hard to use (which it was), we're going to include a commented, complete and working scheme. And proper documentation.

Gnork
2 Feb 2010, 15:51
hmmm.. px 0.8.0 ... wa 3.6.30 ... yummz0r, can't wait until it's all available for download :P

jsgnext
2 Feb 2010, 17:00
Just keep up the work.....if u continue adding stuff.....Project X may turn into the next Wormkit in a near future (in terms of popularity).
BTW i think a userfriendly menu could get more useres into Project X enviroment.

SgtFusion
3 Feb 2010, 07:06
In Windows 7, I can only use the first script selected when Project X starts up. If I minimise W:A and try to select another scheme, I can't restore W:A.
EDIT: I just discovered an awesome time-travel style glitch. It freaking altered the game's history. I used the gravity-gun to throw the last enemy worm into the water. The enemy work sank, and one of the "worm drowning" messages was displayed. Then, an end-of-game instant replay started up. However, in the instant replay, it showed my worm using the Uzi on the enemy worm instead of the gravity-gun, and then shooting it in a different direction (the direction I threw the worm originally with the gravity-gun). The instant replay ended, and the enemy worm was left sitting on the terrain - with only some of its health gone - instead of at the bottom of the ocean.

Entuser
3 Feb 2010, 10:00
Project X may turn into the next Wormkit in a near future (in terms of popularity).

Do you mean Rubberworm? Wormkit is just DLL loader, and PX loads through it too.

In Windows 7, I can only use the first script selected when Project X starts up

In PX 0.8.0, scheme can be selected in frontend.

I just discovered an awesome time-travel style glitch

I saw it sometime too :) This happens because scripts doesn't work correctly in instant replays.

Btw, there will be functions for using saving and loading of game state in scripting language, and it will be possible to make time-controlling weapons or something

SgtFusion
3 Feb 2010, 10:50
When will version 0.8.0 come out?

Entuser
3 Feb 2010, 10:53
I don't know. As you see from trailer, big part of work is done.

jsgnext
3 Feb 2010, 15:35
Do you mean Rubberworm? Wormkit is just DLL loader, and PX loads through it too.

Ya rubberworm.....typing error....PX uses wormkit, so no way xD......Lets just hope that the new patch includes wormkit.
A ingamecmd system could be nice for the next ver. since, like SgTFusion said, minimizing the game to change schemme isnt the best method.

robowurmz
3 Feb 2010, 15:48
Ya rubberworm.....typing error....PX uses wormkit, so no way xD......Lets just hope that the new patch includes wormkit.
A ingamecmd system could be nice for the next ver. since, like SgTFusion said, minimizing the game to change schemme isnt the best method.

Entuser has already said you can pick the scheme ingame in the next version.

And, when I was testing RealTimeWorms a couple of months ago, you could pick there too.

GranPC
3 Feb 2010, 18:24
Rofl, didn't anyone notice that soon was in italics at the ending of the video? :D

Also, I will soon post a video on how you select a scheme, and something else too.

raffie
3 Feb 2010, 22:34
Oo

fan-effing-tastic :p

robowurmz
4 Feb 2010, 12:45
This will be awesome! I can feel it in my bones!

Really looking forward to this - there's so much we can do now!
Control over game classes, hell yes! D3D Wrapper, even more hell yes!