PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon - Project X

Pages : 1 [2]

franpa
4 Feb 2010, 13:21
Yes it looks very awesome, especially when the vids enlarged like so... http://www.youtube.com/v/tgaAGrM7bJw

jsgnext
4 Feb 2010, 16:27
Entuser has already said you can pick the scheme ingame in the next version.

Happy to hear that :)

DrMelon
4 Mar 2010, 16:00
As I am a Beta Tester for PX, I just want you all to know this - Entuser just added windowed mode.

And it is awesome.

We still have quite a few stability and graphical problems to work through yet, so hang on. Documentation is scarce too, so we'll work on that too. But it'll be ready for public release eventually! Do not give up your hopes!

jsgnext
6 Mar 2010, 19:11
Direct3D rendering will make WA updating a lot easier graphically, in my opinion.....I hope Cybershadow and Deadcode use PX or include it in the next updates since D3D is a Vimportant feature and not just a simple ADDon

CyberShadow
6 Mar 2010, 19:52
Direct3D is a step backwards in compatibility and portability. W:A 4.0 was planned to (optionally) be able to use OpenGL.

jsgnext
6 Mar 2010, 21:49
I agree...but, Direct3D is still more compatible than the actual WA graphics render.
I know OpenGL is a lot better than Direct3D, but WA 4.0 its far away (u know it better than me xD) .

franpa
7 Mar 2010, 07:49
Project X is using Direct 3D as a wrapper, the game engine will still be using 256 colour Direct Draw and all the hardware/driver problems Direct Draw has will probably carry over.

CyberShadow
7 Mar 2010, 08:38
Actually, no, PX intercepts all DirectDraw calls, and they never make it to the OS. Until W:A moves to SDL/OpenGL/32-bit color, PX will be a temporary solution for palette problems and windowed mode.

franpa
7 Mar 2010, 11:48
Okay now I am convinced it will be very awesome.

kraaft
8 Mar 2010, 03:09
As am I. About time for somewhat of an update ;R

yakuza
11 Mar 2010, 16:57
Seeing as recently I've managed to get some real prespective on PX (being being allowed to help test it) here's my views on it (cross-post from another forum):

A quick background summary, PX is a third party application for WA that allows users to tweak many aspects of the game through it, not only weapons although weapon tweaking is the most noticeable feature at first sight.

I'm not a programmer, I'm not in the team for my coding skills but to help with general testing based on my experience with W:A. That doesn't mean I can't learn to make weapons for PX, since it's something anyone can do, programmer or not, providing they show willingness.

PX is an extremly powerful tool and I hate when people get the wrong idea of it when they see trailers or demos. The weapons showcased are only examples of what can be done. I understand that experienced wormers see the trailer and think "this sucks, it's just crazy weapons that are only fun for one game like full wormage" - this isn't completely wrong though, if PX was released today, we would see loads and loads of less experienced wormers (the majority of the players) hosting crazy games in wormnet with their totally overpowered genius idea of a weapon - the cluster HHG that throw bananas that throw poison gas etc etc. This WILL happen when and if PX hits the public.

BUT, you have to look further and realize what PX can do for the competitive aspect of WA, and what it can do for YOUR favourite scheme no matter what it is.
PX has the power to enforce rules of competitive schemes, it can make it so if you don't collect a crate in your roper turn your weapon attack of that turn does 0 damage to your enemy. It has the power to teleport all your worms at the start of your TTRR clanner automaticly. And it also has the power to bring WA to a new level.
Completely new and fresh schemes, BR is too slow for you but RR is too much? Np, play launch race, your turn, you aim your crossair, you set the power as if it were a bazooka and bam, your own worm gets launched as if it were the projectile. And this is just a random example, the possibilities are endless.

And how about scripted practice maps were you have to complete certain goals while the map reacts to what you're doing? You start with a shotgun and you have to plop your first enemy, there's only one way and it's hard to figure it out. You manage to do it? Cool, a crate drops right next to you when you make it, giving you a new tool to move forward.
Scheme tutorials can be made in order to make WA more user friendly. Specially since there's so many tricks for each weapon use that are not at all obvious.

I'm telling you, don't understimate what PX can do for Worms, it can do beneficial things for all kind of gamers.

eddy2000
11 Mar 2010, 23:01
anyone know how to make a re-aiming sight script on worms turn begin ?

type to use a re-aiming sight in BnG scheme.
:cool:

Undefined
13 Mar 2010, 10:14
anyone know how to make a re-aiming sight script on worms turn begin ?

type to use a re-aiming sight in BnG scheme.
:cool:

It's easy.. use TWorm class and WeapAngle field

DrMelon
13 Mar 2010, 14:37
lots of words here

What yakuza is saying is correct - PX is much more than it seems on the surface. Being a programmer, I find the new scripting engine to be a very, very useful tool for creating all kinds of new features (weapons included). One example is map scripting - you can now create maps that have features in certain zones. For a RR, this means designated start and end zones that require no manual worm placement (and also cause the winner to actually win the game), or walls that explode if you touch them (making completely new kinds of obstacle courses, where one errant bump means death) or turrets that fire mines.

Since very many of the game's classes are opened up for use, you can replace the fire function with one that does nothing if the player is not attacking from a rope (in an AFR roper, etc). You can even set it so that it doesn't deduct ammo or end their turn - that way, it just does nothing when they hit fire, and they won't lose their turn for it.

It can also be modified to allow automatic punishment of rulebreakers - say, 3 offences and then all your worms get teleported into the water, along with a humiliating message at the top of the screen.

eddy2000
14 Mar 2010, 00:12
It's easy.. use TWorm class and WeapAngle field
ty for your post
can you help me with a sample code?

Undefined
14 Mar 2010, 08:50
Yes DrMelon you're right..
About the obstacle rr, a sample rr exist for 0.6.5, it's not so good but you can try it..
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzyzgwgygwm (use normal rr W:A scheme).

ty for your post
can you help me with a sample code?

Yes... download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?mtatkymzzjz

eddy2000
14 Mar 2010, 14:05

I try this code change ...

// Example of script for Atr0x

procedure InitHooks;
begin
RegisterHook('TurnBegin', ON_TURN_BEGIN);
end;

{ ------------------------- }

procedure TurnBegin;
var // variables declaration
CurW : TWorm; // We need TWorm

{ Now we have to use TWorm fields
otherwise : Variable 'TWORM' never used
There are many fields (SelWeapon, WeapAngle, etc..)
To use a field, we should write :
CurW.<field> = <value> }

begin
CurW.WeapAngle := 1 ;
end;

{ ----------------------- }

but it not change nothing....

I not know how to change this code...

maybe for you is very easy but for me is very hard to learn...

make you a script for re-aiming sight on turn begin so the community will can use for BnG scheme.

p.s. you know my WormNet nick ... why? ;)

eddy2000
14 Mar 2010, 14:51
Yes DrMelon you're right..
About the obstacle rr, a sample rr exist for 0.6.5, it's not so good but you can try it..
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzyzgwgygwm (use normal rr W:A scheme).

i played this script it is fantastic...

vvvn1... :o

Undefined
14 Mar 2010, 16:01
but it not change nothing....

Yes, I tried too.. I confess it's not possible with TWorm, even if we try we have shoot blocking.
Well, this one is working :

var
WeaponResetted : Boolean;

procedure InitHooks;
begin
RegisterHook('TurnBegin', On_Turn_begin);
RegisterHook('Frame', On_Frame);
end;

procedure TurnBegin;
begin
WeaponResetted := False;
end;

procedure Frame;
var
CurW : TWorm;
begin
CurW := GetTekWormObj;
if CurW = nil then exit;
if CurW.SelWeapon <> nil then begin
if not WeaponResetted then CurW.WeapAngle := 0.5;
WeaponResetted := True;
end;
end;

P.S : I saw your post on Project-X forum

eddy2000
14 Mar 2010, 17:23
Yes, I tried too.. I confess it's not possible with TWorm, even if we try we have shoot blocking.

var

procedure InitHooks;
begin
end;

procedure TurnBegin;
begin
end;

procedure Frame;
var
begin
if CurW = nil then exit;
end;
end;

vnice... this work good....;)

eddy2000
15 Mar 2010, 14:46

var

procedure InitHooks;
begin
end;

procedure TurnBegin;
begin
end;

procedure Frame;
var
begin
if CurW = nil then exit;
end;
end;

This script crash when use for multiplayer game....
:(
maybe missing of multiplayer section code ?

Undefined
16 Mar 2010, 11:00
This script crash when use for multiplayer game....
:(
maybe missing of multiplayer section code ?

What happened exactly? Desync or errorlog message?

eddy2000
16 Mar 2010, 15:15
What happened exactly? Desync or errorlog message?

ops... one moment..sorry..

now i try other test.. in multiplayer game from my two pc and the script work good....

maybe the other player while played before have other problems....

i too use ts5 for antilock power .. but it have other option incluse.. es:rope,weapons fly attack ecc.

have you a additional script to make the antilock power and add together the reaming sight script ?

however there is a bug : when use the girder then the game return other girder and can' t make the retrat .
;)

tellisk
28 Mar 2010, 10:03
When I minimize W:A to load a P-X Scheme, W:A comes back up only as a black screen and I have to use Task Manager to get rid of it. I'm on Windows 7 now. Any ideas? I just tested it with the Project X module disabled and I am able to re-open Worms from its minimized state without a problem.

Undefined
28 Mar 2010, 13:34
About maximizing problems, there is a sample way. You just need to enable WormNat2 so you get a message before w:a launching then select the script while the message appears.

Casso
28 Mar 2010, 13:53
anyone can add script to make the antilock power (type the test stuff 5 )and add together the reaming sight. with this add the script will be better and most complete...

I tried but it's a bit difficult for me

Undefined
28 Mar 2010, 15:04
anyone can add script to make the antilock power (type the test stuff 5 )and add together the reaming sight. with this add the script will be better and most complete...

I tried but it's a bit difficult for me

I'm working on it

tellisk
29 Mar 2010, 08:21
About maximizing problems, there is a sample way. You just need to enable WormNat2 so you get a message before w:a launching then select the script while the message appears.

Thank you!! I'm a moron! I have WomrNat2 enabled already but didn't notice that the script window was hidden by the WormNat message. hahaha. This is great. The weapons are ridiculous.

Thanks for the tip, Undefined!

ahmfad
31 Jul 2010, 21:19
Hi
how are you?

I have a problem,worms Armageddon cant be maximize after minimize
and I don't know how to play with project x scheme

Undefined
31 Jul 2010, 22:45
I have a problem,worms Armageddon cant be maximize after minimize
and I don't know how to play with project x scheme

You can read the previous post about your maximizing problems.

About the schemes, you don't need a specified map or w:a scheme. If they are new weapons press + to switch between the weapons tables. You don't need anything if you play something like my shopper anti cow scheme.

ahmfad
1 Aug 2010, 22:02
Thanks very much :D:D:D

Twicken
8 Jul 2012, 13:17
Yo yoyoyoyo wheres all the people talking about P.X ?? its great.