PDA

View Full Version : HostingBuddy (was: Automated Hosting Bot)

Pages : 1 [2]

i<3worms:)
13 Oct 2009, 06:58
Do you mean the Worm Select utility? !wormselect is for the option to select a worm from the beginning of your turn, which is distinct to the utility (which you have to activate explicitly). Use the weapon settings (!ammo etc.) to control that one.

Yes! the utility during the game, i want to disable that and cant figure out the command, i have tried all the commands,

!ammo <wormselect> <0>
and it says no such thing as worm select, tried it in delay and utilities also but no good :(

Explorer
13 Oct 2009, 10:57
Yes! the utility during the game, i want to disable that and cant figure out the command, i have tried all the commands,

!ammo <wormselect> <0>
and it says no such thing as worm select, tried it in delay and utilities also but no good :(

How about "Select Worm"? Like this:
!ammo Select Worm 0

EDIT: Also, don't type the angular brackets (or square brackets) when you are really typing a command.

double post edit

Obviously I couldn't count on anyone actually doing this, so I did it myself. (http://proxy.worms2d.info/data/schemes/schemes.xml)

Wow! It looks great! Good job, Cybershadow.

13 Oct 2009, 12:28
How about "Select Worm"? Like this:
!ammo Select Worm 0

EDIT: Also, don't type the angular brackets (or square brackets) when you are really typing a command.

double post edit

Wow! It looks great! Good job, Cybershadow.

I have tried this, it says worm select set to zero but during the game it is always there :(
help!!

CyberShadow
13 Oct 2009, 13:55
Can you post an example replay?

13 Oct 2009, 22:20
Can you post an example replay?

How?

You mean a screenshot?

You see what i am trying to do is remove the worm select utility from the game, when i enter the command, !wormselect off , it says wormselect disabled, but when i enter the game i see its still there and has not been removed? :(

CyberShadow
13 Oct 2009, 22:44
I thought that we made it clear that you should use the !ammo command.

"W:A automatically records all games played to replay files (.WAgame) and saves them to your User\Games folder. Double-click a replay file to watch it, or right-click on it for more options."

13 Oct 2009, 23:39
I thought that we made it clear that you should use the !ammo command.

"W:A automatically records all games played to replay files (.WAgame) and saves them to your User\Games folder. Double-click a replay file to watch it, or right-click on it for more options."

yes, as i said earlier, i have tried all combinations, including !ammo, !wormselect,!selectworm...

But thanks alot for replays tip, it just gets more awesome all the time, this game is epic!!

Explorer
14 Oct 2009, 13:57
HostingBuddy can now host games with custom names - use /msg HostingBuddy host scheme "game-name". scheme is optional and defaults to Intermediate. Game will appear as YourName's game-name.

CyberShadow, I just tested the custom game names but I saw the game becoming "Yourname&#039;s gamename". Why?

(P.S. I typed /msg HostingBuddy phost Hysteria "testgame2" and the game was Explorer&#039;s_testgame2)

CyberShadow
14 Oct 2009, 13:59
Uhm... and where's the problem?

Explorer
14 Oct 2009, 14:04
Uhm... and where's the problem?

the apostrophe has become HTML entity &#039;
(and the forum engine automatically converts it back to a character, making me difficult to type it)

CyberShadow
14 Oct 2009, 21:41
Should be fixed now

Undefined
6 Nov 2009, 11:58
Should be fixed now

No, I tested

xraven13
13 Nov 2009, 16:04
Is it still possible to use own maps and schemes when hosting with Hosting Buddy??? If yes then i ask how???
I don't see wsdp and wmdp in commands or anything similar.. When i type !wsdp matrix ( that's my scheme) nothing happens..

CyberShadow
13 Nov 2009, 17:33
Perhaps you should try the !help command. You can't use custom maps with HB that aren't on WMDB, but WSDB (http://wsdb.org/) allows uploading custom schemes.

xraven13
13 Nov 2009, 19:57
Too bad i don't have much use from that.. I need to use that map, its specific..And that custom scheme is good only with that map..;)

CyberShadow
14 Nov 2009, 05:23
Set up proper hosting (http://worms2d.info/Hosting_Guide), then.

Pompone
14 Nov 2009, 14:33
for myself, dmz + kaspersky
never had problem in two years

(after dmz, give ur adress 81.213 etc... in options WA, then "oblige" case (dont know the english term) and u can host !)

CyberShadow
14 Nov 2009, 15:56
You mean Force IP (http://worms2d.info/Hosting_Guide#Make_sure_that_the_Force_IP_checkbox _is_unchecked)?

FoxHound
17 Dec 2009, 12:46
I mean, if you join your own HB intermediate host for exemple and no body appears, so you leave the hosting room (lobby). In AG, your HB host will be there yet as intermediate host, but you've changed the idea and want to play another game, not intermediate. You will not be able to host while your HB host is there, and maybe people will join to play intermediate, but you don't want that anymore.

So i just ask: Does HB have a command to exit the lobby? Making HB leave the lobby, allowing you to be able to host again with HB.

If this command does not exist, that's a suggestion:

a command like: !exit or !leave to make HB leave the hosting room (lobby).

CyberShadow
17 Dec 2009, 17:49
The host can't leave the game's lobby, because they're hosting the game. You're looking for the !close command (http://worms2d.info/HostingBuddy#Lobby).

b1llygo4t
20 Dec 2009, 00:09
if you ask hosting buddy to host a game for you, but (for example) no one joins the game and you leave the lobby to start another game, the old game will hang there for a long time. he wants an ag command to kill the hosted game

CyberShadow
20 Dec 2009, 00:14
You must close the game first.

franpa
20 Dec 2009, 04:27
!close

b1llygo4t
20 Dec 2009, 21:03
::roll eyes:: there should be a AG !close command to kill the hosted game. it just sucks when you crash and you cant use hosting buddy again for a while. but then anyone could enter under your name and close it on you. i actualy dont really care as i usualy host or join a friends game.

mabe just add a warning describing to close the room before you leave

CyberShadow
20 Dec 2009, 21:06
it just sucks when you crash and you cant use hosting buddy again for a while.What do you mean?but then anyone could enter under your name and close it on you.Have you considered that in the same way anyone could enter #AG with your name and close the game while you're in it? After all, HB won't know if that's really you in the game or just a stale connection after your game crashed.

b1llygo4t
20 Dec 2009, 23:39
(only)worms crashes my graphics driver quite often (crashing wa in the process) in the pre-game lobby and i sometimes lose focus and cannot click on anything or type. cant give the !close command when this happens.

i did recognize that with an AG !close command anyone could enter ag with your name and close it on you. hosting buddy shouldnt accept an AG !close command if the same name is in the pre-game lobby.

CyberShadow
20 Dec 2009, 23:40
So what's preventing you from simply rejoining your own game after you've "crashed"?

b1llygo4t
20 Dec 2009, 23:52
lol good point

moozilla
23 Dec 2009, 11:03
HostingBuddy is currently not working. It fails to send maps to anyone, it's been this way for the last several hours.

CyberShadow
23 Dec 2009, 12:37
Fixed now.

StepS
25 Dec 2009, 15:21
Hey, i have a problem! When i join some game hosted by HostingBuddy, it lags (often due to big map, e.g. tower) at the start of downloading a big map. If when i enter, it is already big to download, i see only the Black screen and the painting pointer, which does a lot of pointers when i move it! When it finishes (the map downloaded), i have another lag. I press the map (with big resolution to access it) and it lags for 1-2 minute! Sometimes i can write messages in the chat, but, as I understood, the others dont see it. And when the lag ends, i see that I'm kicked and the furious messages (go, go) of other players!!!!! But if i join the non-HB game, all is normal, even if the map is big. When i join the game by HB, and there is no big map, it is normal. But when big download starts, it lags for 1-2 minute! and then i press the map and also 1-2 minute!
I asked my friends; not everybody, but they also seem to have this bug.
As for me, i can host the games myself, but it's too long to download the big maps (low external speed), HB does this work faster (but for me it lags!!!) and also my own host can cause download stucks (i see that the gamer has downloaded, he see that the download stopped).
Can anybody help to solve this problem?

CyberShadow
25 Dec 2009, 17:36
Try now?

TSG
4 Jan 2010, 03:21
Hi,

I have a very simple request for an addition to HostingBuddy that I think would be a great improvement!

It would also require a very minimal amount of work.

I wish the host could type !ts to make HostingBuddy turn TestStuff5 on and off.

I'm sure you've got a lot on your plate as far as Worms goes, and I'm also pretty certain you do this on a voluntary basis, so just take this as advice =)

Thanks for all your work.

EDIT: I found out about !version... I must have missed that when I typed !help. Good thing Worms2d.info exists, bad thing that I failed to find it ahead of time.

Thanks anyway =X

StepS
4 Jan 2010, 21:01
yes, thanks CyberShadow, it doesnt lag now!!

GreeN
4 Jan 2010, 21:19
I wish the host could type !ts to make HostingBuddy turn TestStuff5 on and off.

http://worms2d.info/HostingBuddy#Commands

version <name>
Sets the game version to use.
Valid game versions are:

* Normal
* Batty
* Fast (1.5x speed)
* Test

Djoszee
27 Feb 2010, 10:58
*Bump*

I experienced a weird thing. The game said that I had a network drop. My team vanished, and the next player in que was lagging (probably becuase I was in when I was supposed to be out?) I could still type and receive messages from the other players, although I'm not sure if they saw mine.

Heres the replay
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0604g0/n/replay_.zip
(click 'download now' at the bottom and wait for the timer to expire)
(indeed, some people don't understand how those upload sites work)

-Djo

Djoszee
12 Mar 2010, 14:28
@Cyber, was that a usefull post or is it useless info?

Ombodi77
8 May 2010, 13:56
Nowadays I play a lot of games by hosted Hosting Buddy and I have two questions about it's schemes.

I hosted SuperSheepRace with HB and the worms had hitpoints, so we could kill our opponents if they were ahead us by one basepoint. :S
I played Hysteria and there isn't Low Gravity in Hosting Buddy's scheme. If others host it, their schemes always containt LG.

I know that we can load schemes from WSDB but it would be great to play with good schemes automatically.

Could you fix it Sir?

Ombi

CyberShadow
8 May 2010, 14:13
Fixed SSR; dunno about Hysteria, LG wasn't in the scheme when Run invented it.

Ombodi77
8 May 2010, 15:17

Okay, the SSR was much worse, thank you very much for fast reaction!

GreeN
8 May 2010, 16:25

Hysteria was reinvented very shortly after the scheme started flying about. You'll never find a Hysteria scheme without LG (aside from those who are too courteous to step on Runs toes).

And I'm sure Run himself would now agree the scheme has been improved rather than degraded, with the addition of LG ;)

KRD
8 May 2010, 18:54
The problem with Low Gravity being added to Hysteria is that everyone apparently took it as an invitation to add anything, everything, to it as well. I realise it's too late to fix the situation now and I admit that even I, who was among the first to be against adding LG to the scheme to begin with, use one that includes it now. But I must point out that this is the only acceptable weapon variation in Hysteria, just in case.

We have, since the scheme's invention, also more or less agreed on upping the mine count to 16 instead of the original 8, so my scheme includes that too. On top of that, the last piece of wisdom I can think of now is to not try and make it look like it's in any way okay to play the scheme with only 3 worms per player, regardless of how many players there are. Therefor I suggest the default HostingBuddy setting be 4+ worms per player, if it isn't already*. [In games with 4 players, we of the #worms IRC channel actually most of the time make it 6 worms, I believe, unless someone is in a hurry.]

The reason for these explanations is that I'm going to propose my scheme, linked to below, to be used by HB in the future. If anyone disagrees with any of these settings and suggestions, now would be the time to speak up!

Scheme: http://wsdb.org/1121
Note: The hazard count saying 14 mines/drums is a WSDB bug; it'll come out as 16 mines, no oil drums in-game.

* Turns out it's 6 at the moment. Excellent.

GreeN
8 May 2010, 20:28
The problem with Low Gravity being added to Hysteria is that everyone apparently took it as an invitation to add anything, everything, to it as well. I realise it's too late to fix the situation now and I admit that even I, who was among the first to be against adding LG to the scheme to begin with, use one that includes it now. But I must point out that this is the only acceptable weapon variation in Hysteria, just in case.

The only problem was that a certain number of 'elitists' saw others feeble attempts at recreating the scheme a complete insult to the scheme itself, rather than a passing phase of people having fun with something new. The trend of modding hysteria schemes so erratically died out almost as quickly as it began, and we clearly now only see one type of scheme flying around WormNet on a regular basis - that being the original scheme with LG added.

KRD
9 May 2010, 04:34
That's not true at all from my experience.

I've been on WormNet a bit the past week and three out of three Hysteria games that I've joined had some potentially devastating extra utility [F7 row] or weapon in it. On top of that, the hosts of all those games insisted on playing with 3 worms per player and only one of them agreed to fix the scheme for the next round [which sadly didn't get played in the end] after I had probed them about it.

But this probably isn't the place for this discussion. IRC or death, Mr GreeN!

GreeN
9 May 2010, 12:35
It's ok, I only needed to make that one point.

Though I should have phrased my example differently to refer to the places it actually matters where the scheme is being found/used (i.e. clan sites or league sites). In which case you most definitely will find the aforementioned scheme.

KRD
9 May 2010, 20:25
Oh, yeah. Hopefully. :-/

Evil
11 May 2010, 17:14
Hi, about this:

To send HostingBuddy a command in #AnythingGoes, type either /msg HostingBuddy command (preferred) or !command.

I find really annoying the public messages of HostingBuddy users in #AG. It just floods a lot, unnecessarily. What about making HostingBuddy accepts commands in #AG from private messages only?

Thanks.

CyberShadow
11 May 2010, 17:48
It's an idea worth considering...

Byte
11 May 2010, 22:04
Scheme: http://wsdb.org/1121
Note: The hazard count saying 14 mines/drums is a WSDB bug; it'll come out as 16 mines, no oil drums in-game.

The 15.5 mines/drums bug is now also fixed. :o

Hi, about this:
I find really annoying the public messages of HostingBuddy users in #AG. It just floods a lot, unnecessarily. What about making HostingBuddy accepts commands in #AG from private messages only?

There's a lot of other junk messages, and it needn't be a flood... there are just many stupid people out there. :rolleyes: Perhaps duplicate !host should delete games...

CyberShadow
11 May 2010, 22:10
Perhaps duplicate !host should delete games...FWIW, SheriffBot has a bias towards people who are spamming !host commands (and ignoring replies from HB).

Evil
12 May 2010, 04:57
There's a lot of other junk messages, and it needn't be a flood... there are just many stupid people out there. :rolleyes:

Hey Byte, that's ok but I didn't get your point regarding my suggestion... Do you think that removing public HB commands from the channel is useless just because there's a lot of other junk messages?

CyberShadow
20 May 2010, 22:41
The next Beta will have a /hb command, which will expand to "/msg HostingBuddy". When it's out, we can then disable channel triggers without inconveniencing users too much.

TriMat
16 Aug 2010, 03:39
Who controls the HostingBuddy default schemes / where did they come from? Is this a whole other thread or section elsewhere (I couldn't find anything)?

If this is the place, then I'm requesting that the shopper scheme have 10 sec ground retreat and unlimited fast walk. You're already limited enough with your retreat by not being able to rope away. For w2w (and maybe fly shopper), no ground weapons at all.

And yes, I'm aware that I can save my own schemes to the wsdb and load those. I'd rather not host *every* game I play though.
My shopper schemes if anyone cares to check them out: Shopper (http://wsdb.org/1420) / Fly Shopper (http://wsdb.org/1421) / W2W (http://wsdb.org/1422).

CyberShadow
16 Aug 2010, 05:49
I'm not sure if the thousands of people who play Shopper with HostingBuddy will agree with this change.

TriMat
16 Aug 2010, 13:28
I'm not sure if the thousands of people who play Shopper with HostingBuddy will agree with this change.I doubt the majority would notice the difference. People are usually pretty clueless when I mention it in the game.

Does anyone know who created the scheme? I always think the ground retreat was just overlooked. Or did someone really think it was a good idea?

GreeN
16 Aug 2010, 13:46
I believe most of the schemes (if not all) were taken from community league/clan websites. So yes, they were definitely created originally for universal acceptance.

Psy-UK
17 Aug 2010, 10:13
Please allow schemes for individual players to be saved somehow, even it's per session and tied to an IP address. I want to be able to simply host a game through HB without having to tweak all the settings in a scheme to the way I like it every damn time. :P

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2010, 16:52
The !wsdb command has been in there for a while now.

kameelyan
26 Aug 2010, 17:41
Question/Idea:

I just got back from a 4 year hiatus of worms [played W:R, didn't like, went back to W:A]. Anyway, I was messing around with my router but was having issues still hosting games. I have some ideas why it's happening, but been lazy to look. So I saw hosting buddy and got it working - played around with it. Here's an idea, but not sure how feasible it is.

Would it be possible for hosting buddy to notify you of joiners while you're in AG? In other words, I could say in chat: "need 1 for shopper" while there are others already in the shopper. So if hosting buddy in the game notified me in AG when players joined my game. I could either, follow them in, or advertise for more players.

Overall, what I think the online community is missing is a way to communicate with players in AG [chat channels] while in a game lobby. It seems like hosting buddy is just one step closer to bridging that gap.

CyberShadow
26 Aug 2010, 17:42
Nice idea, I'll add it today or tomorrow.

For the record, we plan to make the interface non-modal in W:A 4.0, so you'll be able to switch to #AnythingGoes while playing a game :)

kameelyan
26 Aug 2010, 17:44
Nice idea, I'll add it today or tomorrow.

For the record, we plan to make the interface non-modal in W:A 4.0, so you'll be able to switch to #AnythingGoes while playing a game :)

Nice, sounds like it won't be too hard. Just a thought I had to add on to that. And HB might already do this, but you'll want to make sure there's at least one spot always available for the actual host.

Byte
13 Nov 2010, 17:07
The !wsdb command has been in there for a while now.

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet that HostingBuddy now refers to a different URL for WSDB (http://worms2d.info/Worms_Scheme_Database), http://wsdb.org/ now redirects to http://wsdb.lp0.eu/.

The old URL will continue to work until August 2011.

Ombodi77
14 Nov 2010, 11:11
After 3.6.30 I have to use HostingBuddy again. I'm very sad because HB's Hysteria scheme still doesn't contain Low Gravity :(
Some times I forget to type "!ammo low gravity inf" then the whole game is crippled and have to reorganize a game, wait for others, wait for non-noob players :(

Nando
14 Nov 2010, 11:37
Another thing. Would it be possible to make the random worm order option work with Hostingbuddy? There's a command to select the appropriate scheme option, but when I use that the game just ends up with worm select enabled instead of using random order.

StepS
14 Nov 2010, 12:55
HB doesn't support neither 3.6.29.0 features, neither 3.6.30.0 features. And no one knows when they will be implemented.

CyberShadow
14 Nov 2010, 18:46
In order for HostingBuddy to support the new scheme options, it'd have to learn which versions support which options, etc. Currently HostingBuddy supports only one minimal logic version (3.6.28.0). When there will be no more reasons to use older versions, HostingBuddy's minimal version will be updated, and the new features will be added.

CakeDoer
14 Nov 2010, 22:09
But won't that make people upgrade, which is good?

KRD
15 Nov 2010, 00:50
It will and it is. But it's nice to a) give people time to make the switch and b) only do it when there's no legitimate reason to stick to an earlier version.

CakeDoer
15 Nov 2010, 07:30
Well then make it at least to 3.6.29.0, with people sticking to RubberWorm and all.

franpa
15 Nov 2010, 08:26
And introduce everyone to the world of cascade desyncs, I think not.

CyberShadow
15 Nov 2010, 08:28
And introduce everyone to the world of cascade desyncs, I think not.Those people can just update directly to 3.6.30.0+.

franpa
15 Nov 2010, 08:39
True but they would still get dropped from a host running 3.6.29.0 right? Or is the bug client side only?

CyberShadow
15 Nov 2010, 08:45
Yes, but that bug isn't tied to the logic version, so it'll happen indifferently of what version the clients are using. Nothing will change until .29 users can be forced off HostingBuddy, and .29 isn't going away soon.

CyberShadow
28 Nov 2010, 16:24
I am going to spend some time trying to find the cause of the periodic crashes HostingBuddy's having. Therefore, HB may be unstable in the next few days while I'm debugging it.

FoxHound
28 Dec 2010, 04:01
I played Ghost Knocking using the HostingBuddy, it is very nice. You can change the map and it will always appear GK maps. But one thing i think that could be even better. The maps should be always with border! People can teleport worms to the roof, being impossible to knock those worms to the water. It can be a sugestion for lazy people, but it is not hard to forget to put border in the map before each new match, so you need to tell to people don't do this or rehost again if someone cow, and waste more time, etc.

Explorer
28 Dec 2010, 12:40
being impossible to knock those worms to the water.

How do you win the game if you can't knock the worms on the roof?

By the way, I think our posts are off-topic.

EDIT: Oops. I mis-understood what you said. You mean that you can't knock worms on the roof, right?
Good idea, Foxhound!

Rodent
28 Dec 2010, 13:20
There was talking about HB schemes few posts behind. I can suggest adding infinite bazooka to wall to wall scheme because EVERY wxw player use it if not as attack weapon then as a weapon for making retreat time. And I think that all official schemes on every clan site and on every tournament contains inf zook.

For my taste I would suggest removing bananas and cows from wxw scheme but for something like that we need to vote because I know many players that like using those weps there(mostly that are players that had fresh migration from shopper to wxw or players that use those weps in league games.)

I personally disagree about idea of increasing retreat time in shopper because we need to encourage respecting of AFR rule. Ground weps don't have to be removed in my opinion because in funner games you can do pretty funny things around :)

FoxHound
28 Dec 2010, 17:45
How do you win the game if you can't knock the worms on the roof?

By the way, I think our posts are off-topic.

EDIT: Oops. I mis-understood what you said. You mean that you can't knock worms on the roof, right?
Good idea, Foxhound!

Right. Sorry i should have written: "The maps should be always with border! Otherwise, people can teleport worms to the roof, being impossible to knock those worms to the water"

Rodent
28 Dec 2010, 23:44
Roper maps on wmdb mostly don't have set border and water level too... I forgot to add. That is very annoying! Because it is not roper if there is no border and proper water level :/

CyberShadow
26 Feb 2011, 08:50
As a result of three nights of intense debugging, I believe I've found and fixed the bug that was causing HostingBuddy to crash on average every three hours. Thanks to everyone who was patient and kept their cool during the beta period. As for those who weren't (http://dump.thecybershadow.net/41a97cdab29f9cd56340ce8a5163d6f8/rage.txt)... well, I'm sorry it's caused you so much grief, but I wish people would just avoid using something if they disliked it so much. The message you agreed to when typing !yes was there for a reason.

I will be adding some new features to HostingBuddy in the next few days. HostingBuddy will exit beta status, so the "yes" command will not be necessary any more. Channel !triggers will be disabled, in favor of the new /hb command introduced in W:A 3.6.30.0. Support for multi-round games requires everyone to use 3.6.30.0 or newer, so the minimum version will be raised to 3.6.31.0 (there is no reason to use the buggy 3.6.30.0 over 3.6.31.0).

Exiting beta status also means that I'm now accepting bug reports and feature requests. You can post feature requests to HostingBuddy's UserVoice forum, located here (http://feedback.worms2d.info/forums/78223-hostingbuddy).

bonz
26 Feb 2011, 11:57
As for those who weren't (http://dump.thecybershadow.net/41a97cdab29f9cd56340ce8a5163d6f8/rage.txt)
Hahaha!
I bet 90% of those lazy bɑstards don't really have any hosting problems, but were rather just too ignorant to learn how to set up their routers/firewalls.
But if they can get something chewd for, why take the hard way? :D

Good, unpaid work CyberShadow! Have a beer!
(Is there a PayPal donation button anywhere yet?)

GrO
26 Feb 2011, 14:07
Epic chatlog ;D And great work done.

(Is there a PayPal donation button anywhere yet?)

Would be good.

CyberShadow
26 Feb 2011, 17:40
Would it be possible for hosting buddy to notify you of joiners while you're in AG? In other words, I could say in chat: "need 1 for shopper" while there are others already in the shopper. So if hosting buddy in the game notified me in AG when players joined my game. I could either, follow them in, or advertise for more players.

Overall, what I think the online community is missing is a way to communicate with players in AG [chat channels] while in a game lobby. It seems like hosting buddy is just one step closer to bridging that gap.

This is now implemented, as well as a "close" command accessible from #AnythingGoes.

Kretino
28 Feb 2011, 19:56
It would be cool if you somehow implement in hb option to choose how many players is allowed to join game ie. i create shopper and i set 4 players max

Is this possible at all?

CyberShadow
28 Feb 2011, 22:02
Yes, feel free to add the idea. Note that you can !close the game when you have enough players.

Kretino
28 Feb 2011, 22:46
Yes, feel free to add the idea. Note that you can !close the game when you have enough players.

Yeah, i know that i can close whenever i want, but that set option would save a lot of time. Also, it would be cool if you somehow could see for how many players the game is created

Like: Shopper(3/4)_for_xxx

that would mean 3 players are in the game, and the game is set for 4 max

Cheers!

CyberShadow
5 Mar 2011, 21:29
It's not possible to change a game's title once it's hosted.

awt
7 Mar 2011, 04:10
Did a quick search and couldn't find out about this..

I've been having trouble connecting to HB games - gets to 'Connecting to host' but counts down to 0. I haven't figured out when this does and doesn't happen, but typically when it starts happening I won't be able to connect to HB for the rest of the session.

No issues joing other games.

CyberShadow
7 Mar 2011, 09:42
Can you post a traceroute to home.thecybershadow.net?

awt
7 Mar 2011, 10:05
Tracing route to home.thecybershadow.net [89.28.117.31]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 General failure.

Trace complete.

I think that's what you asked for?
I did 'tracert home.thecybershadow.net' in command prompt..

CyberShadow
7 Mar 2011, 10:14
Can you tell me the first few numbers of your IP address?

awt
7 Mar 2011, 12:11
118.209.105.xxx

CyberShadow
7 Mar 2011, 12:15
It looks like a problem at your ISP. You'll need to contact them and tell them that you can't access home.thecybershadow.net.

Note that HostingBuddy is currently running on my home PC while I'm maintaining it. This is temporary; once it's done, it'll be moved back to the usual server, which should be accessible to you.

awt
7 Mar 2011, 12:22
OK thanks.
How long has it been running on your PC? Because I'm pretty sure I've played on HostingBuddy games not too long ago.. Like, in the last few days.

Just moved into this new house two weeks ago so I don't even know my ISP. Guess I'll ask for access to router so that I can get myself able to host.

Thanks for all your work CS

CyberShadow
7 Mar 2011, 12:25
This year, HostingBuddy was running on my PC from Ferbuary 25th to March 3rd, and then from March 6th (yesterday) until now.

You may want to check out the Hosting Guide (http://worms2d.info/Hosting_Guide) for instructions, and other alternatives (notably WormNAT2).

Pac-Man
2 Jan 2012, 16:31
!host bbna
hosts a "Bow and Arrow" instead of "Big Bow and Arrow"

TheManMan
21 Aug 2012, 18:51
Is it possible to set the new complexity slider via HostingBuddy remotely? It would be a great help.

Best regards

ManMan

'HHC
17 Sep 2012, 12:20
Hey CS,

would it be possible to add 'Aerial' scheme to HB?

It has already been added to the TUS free league and been played at a bunch of cups and tournaments (olympics included). There's a pretty big fanbase :)

The scheme is in the attachment.

Hosting parameters:
- 4 worms per team
- to be played on island maps

There's no special house rules or anything like that.

Sample game:
http://www.tus-wa.com/cups/download/game-124185-2/

It's all about jetpack warfare, but the possibilities are pretty much endless. There's plenty of weapons, all kinds of crates, mines and barrels, you can shoot from the ground, or from the air, block worms, etcetera etcetera. An all-round game for everyone to enjoy :)

For more, see:
http://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-319/
http://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-331/
http://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-370/
http://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-447/
http://www.tus-wa.com/tournaments/tournament-358/
http://www.tus-wa.com/tournaments/tournament-332/
http://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/recent-free/Aerial/
http://www.wormolympics.com/results/?order=scheme (etc.)

'HHC
21 Sep 2012, 16:53
Any word on this? I really think a lot of people would appreciate it :rolleyes:

CyberShadow
22 Sep 2012, 02:32
I'll have a look at adding more schemes after the next update is released.

Squirminator2k
22 Sep 2012, 06:11
!host bbna

I foresee a "Scumbag HostingBuddy" meme in the near future.

'HHC
22 Sep 2012, 11:26
I'll have a look at adding more schemes after the next update is released.

Alright :)

Ty in advance

'HHC
3 Jan 2013, 14:50
*bump*

:rolleyes:

I suppose you're busy fixing any bugs in the recent update, but yeah, can you take a look at this again and add Aerial scheme? :o

Much appreciated.

For DL: http://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-312/

CyberShadow
31 Jan 2013, 03:15
Sorry for the delay! I've updated HostingBuddy's scheme list, with a few changes and fixes. I added Aerial as well.

Pac-Man
1 Feb 2013, 18:34
fixes.

!host bbna

:(

but thanks

CyberShadow
1 Feb 2013, 18:36
Whoops. Fixed!

Pac-Man
2 Feb 2013, 02:08