PDA

View Full Version : Help! My T17 forum options are blocked.

BongMong
24 Jul 2011, 23:25
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, when i try to adjust my forum settings in the 'User CP' it gives me the following message:

BongMong, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It has done this since I signed up to the forums, but I've been waiting to see if it resolved itself. No luck. This means I can change almost nothing about my account from default, for example I can't set an Avatar or signature.

Does anyone know how I get unblocked?

thomasp
25 Jul 2011, 08:11
It's because you're a newly registered user (one of the spam-reduction things we have going).

Once you've made a few posts and been registered for a short time it will automatically go away.

shadowman
25 Jul 2011, 21:36
Wowzers, ThomasP. I haven't seen you in a loooong time.

Yea, the anti-spam things can be a bit of a pain, but it's nice and safe, plus you feel really welcome when it gets lifted.

francesco0
5 Aug 2011, 12:29
I too have the same problem, you should have about 10 posts or wait a while and will be granted access!