PDA

View Full Version : ermm [hanging while making landscapes]

bigbadE
19 Feb 2008, 19:40
i just (re)bought worms 2 off the try media thing today and I can play it just fine, and the v. is 1.0-1.5 which apparently means I don't need another patch. but whenever I try to generate another level besides the default one or I try to make my own it gets stuck at the " generating" bar and just keeps going.. then half my programs stop responding.. :( any1 know what's up?

thanks.

bonz
20 Feb 2008, 10:20
Hmm.
Have you tried re-installing?
Or maybe try re-downloading with your Trygames activation key.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I would get a refund (http://csc.trymedia.com/csc/question/publisher=team17/contentid=f4b1d37a0796d648a2f92c5e87ca1edd/offering=20m_d_a51/affiliate=trygames/question=activation_1/position=0_9/index.html) from Trygames, because they have rip-off prices.
Then go to the official T17 store (https://secure.team17.com/) and buy one of the multi-packs (https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=selection&productid=24&platform=PC/MAC).

You can get 2 or 3 games for the price that you paid for one Trygames game.
On CD and including shipping to the USA also.
I suggest you get a pack that includes Worms Armageddon too, because that's considered the best 2nd generation/2D Worms game and with recent the beta updates (which won't work on Trygames) you'll get awesome new features (http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/info-updatefeatures.php) and tons of bug-fixes.

franpa
20 Feb 2008, 10:45
yes.

Worms 2 < Worms Armageddon

Worms Armageddon only lacks in weapon customization but makes up for it with colour maps. and better online play, you only need to port forward if your hosting but not if your joining someone else and you don't need to use a IP switcher either.

bonz
20 Feb 2008, 10:48
worms armageddon only lacks in weapon customization
Well, with external scheme editors, you can even extend the default values considerably.
Not as far as the W2 editor, but that easily gets ridiculous anyway. :)

bigbadE
20 Feb 2008, 18:00
I have worms armageddon already.

Muzer
20 Feb 2008, 18:12
Wait, on trymedia or on CD?

bonz
20 Feb 2008, 22:12
I have worms armageddon already.
Wait, on trymedia or on CD?
Good question!
Because if you have WA as a Trymedia download too, the beta updates won't work with it. :(

Regulator
21 Feb 2008, 00:27
Bonz, Franpa, Muzer, this is actually the Worms 2 board.
What are you, salesmen? I've seen a few threads now where someone asks for help here and you tell them the solution is to buy WA.

bigbadE, are you running any other external patches?
This sounds similiar to a problem that can occur with the no-cd patch if you don't copy the correct files.

Raffeh
21 Feb 2008, 08:45
You can try the SoldOut version, or use the Windows Compatibility thing.

bonz
21 Feb 2008, 14:06
I haven't specifically said that he should buy WA.
Just to get a refund and avoid overpriced Trymedia game versions.

He can get the W2/WA multi-pack including shipping for significantly less money than the Trymedia W2 version costs alone. :rolleyes:
That way, he has the proper CD versions of both games and benefits from the WA beta updates too.

Those multipacks are the Sold-Out versions, BTW.

bigbadE
21 Feb 2008, 18:46
You can try the SoldOut version, or use the Windows Compatibility thing.

is that the properties configuration thing?

and worms armageddon is a CD that I got from my friend.

worms 2 is try-media.

bigbadE, are you running any other external patches?
This sounds similiar to a problem that can occur with the no-cd patch if you don't copy the correct files.

um? I don't think so.. not for worms 2 anyways I just installed the try media version and voila.Started playing.

Muzer
21 Feb 2008, 19:04
Yeah, use WA, as has been said, it's better. Make sure you have the beta update from http://wa.team17.com (the 2.6.28.0 is the only one you need). If you really wanna use W2, try reinstalling, but it seems to be a new and weird issue.

bonz
21 Feb 2008, 21:14
(the 2.6.28.0 is the only one you need)
3.6.28.0 !

bigbadE
22 Feb 2008, 00:51
If I wanted to play WA over Worms 2 constantly I wouldn't have posted this thread. I play it cuz the worms 2 death animation is so much better then the boring old " blow yourself up" thing in WA.. unless that's been changed?

franpa
22 Feb 2008, 04:09
true lol, i miss how the worms roll around when dead then say buh-bye and kaboom.

Muzer
22 Feb 2008, 08:47
As I said, it's a very weird problem that I've never heard of before, and since W2, unlike WA, is no longer really supported, expect to get no answer unless someone else has had and fixed that problem, and I don't remember anyone doing so or even having the problem :(

bonz
22 Feb 2008, 09:04
the worms 2 death animation is so much better then the boring old " blow yourself up" thing in WA.. unless that's been changed?
True.
Also, in W2 the (uniform) graves could suffer from damage and explode.

I have already suggested to Deadcode and CyberShadow that this extra grave damage could be implemented in the WA beta updates as an alternative option to the (custom) graves.
I would make sense to include the W2 death sequence too, so you could easily recognize it.

Also, it would add to my dream of simulating various Worms versions with WA.

Regulator
22 Feb 2008, 11:55

bonz
22 Feb 2008, 12:01
[QUOTE=bonz;637818]Have you tried re-installing?[QUOTE]
That was the first thing that came to my mind.
(Before my secret salesman persona broke through and tried to convince him to get WA. ;))

KRD
22 Feb 2008, 12:16
... secret salesman persona...

That shadowy figure was me, Reg would have you believe. :eek:

*Resumes the lurking.*

Raffeh
23 Feb 2008, 10:31
is that the properties configuration thing?

Compatibility Mode. I suggest you try that first.