PDA

View Full Version : No In Game Music??

Aaronini
1 Jan 2007, 08:08
I don't/have never had in game music for this game can someone please help me fix this??

franpa
1 Jan 2007, 08:23
is your version 1.017? if yes then sorry just be glad there is none :) because if there was the game would pause before each persons turn to spin the disc up which is just retarded...

if you have v1.015 (which is the latest you can get via official patches... then check that cd audio is NOT muted and that its turned up... also make sure the analogue cable from your cd/dvd-rom drive and/or cd/dvd burner is properly connected to your sound card.

Aaronini
1 Jan 2007, 08:36
yea i think ive got version 1.017 (the number above the worm thing says 107)
anyway i tried to patch it awhile ago (which took it to 1.015) but got that cd error thing and the worms 2 website said i didnt need to patch anyway.
thanks anyway :D

franpa
1 Jan 2007, 11:29
yep v1.017 is a special release and the music was taken out of the game... most likely cause it bugged the crap out of someone and so they did something about it :) dont worry 1.017 isnt a bad version...

bonz
1 Jan 2007, 13:56
So you all say that in v1.017 the music was disabled, but can be reactivated by patching?

Because I definitely know of one instance where someone had a legit version of the game with the CD audio tracks removed alltogether!
Put your W2 CD into a CD player (or Winamp, Media Player, etc.) and check how many tracks it has.
There should be 13 tracks, with the first being the data track.

franpa
2 Jan 2007, 05:32
v1.017 has it removed... or it appears in the frontend and you can tick them and stuff but the play button doesnt do anything even tho its not greyed out and in-game it doesnt play them either... and im sure i looked in windows media player etc. and didnt see them there either.... so yea... unless they protected the audio tracks or re-encoded them in a unknown format and made them invisible... there not there...

bonz
2 Jan 2007, 06:47
v1.017 has it removed... or it appears in the frontend and you can tick them and stuff but the play button doesnt do anything even tho its not greyed out and in-game it doesnt play them either... and im sure i looked in windows media player etc. and didnt see them there either.... so yea... unless they protected the audio tracks or re-encoded them in a unknown format and made them invisible... there not there...
Ok, seems to be that version then.
Which publisher released it?

Aaronini
2 Jan 2007, 21:08
i got it from a school catolouge thing ages ago its worms 2 "classic Value Series" lol. I put it in a cd player and it only had one track (the data track) that went for about 36 mins. Ive also dug around in the files and have only found the sound effects wav files

bonz
2 Jan 2007, 22:57
i got it from a school catolouge thing ages ago its worms 2 "classic Value Series" lol. I put it in a cd player and it only had one track (the data track) that went for about 36 mins. Ive also dug around in the files and have only found the sound effects wav files
Seems to be the same one.
Go check the version (in the properties) of the ..\autorun\w2.exe on your CD.

franpa
3 Jan 2007, 07:16
ive lost the box and/or packaging/manual... but im pretty sure the only logo's etc. i saw where the worms 2, team17, micropros

Muzer
3 Jan 2007, 10:36
I had this problem. If you have 2 cd drives put it in the drive with the lowest letter. e.g. if you have a d: and an e:, put it in d:.

bonz
3 Jan 2007, 12:01
I had this problem. If you have 2 cd drives put it in the drive with the lowest letter. e.g. if you have a d: and an e:, put it in d:.
That won't help at all if there are no CD audio tracks on the CD.

Muzer
3 Jan 2007, 15:13
Good point, but it's worth a try. His CD player/copy of *insert program* might be weird.

I could send you the files if I can find them and you ask very nicely so you can play them with *instert program* in the background

franpa
3 Jan 2007, 15:22
you'd need a image modifier for it -.- or maybe nero can do it?

Pieboy337
3 Jan 2007, 15:26
A way I would fix no in game music for most older games like quake would be to just make an image of your cd and then run it from the image. For some reason that would give me the music in game instead of having the actual cd in the drive. If I am completely missing the point here, just tell me to go away and I am gone as fast as you can say silly sausages.

franpa
3 Jan 2007, 15:28
your problem would be from a lack of a analogue audio cable running from your cd-rom drive to your soundcard.

Pieboy337
3 Jan 2007, 15:30
your problem would be from a lack of a analogue audio cable running from your cd-rom drive to your soundcard.
I did conect one to my cd drive to my audigy 2 sound card. Didnt seem to do it for me. Perhaps I just did not insert it correctly.

franpa
3 Jan 2007, 15:34
mmm, did you unmute your cdrom in your volume settings? and er the cable goes from cd-rom to a thing on soundcard labeled something like l,,,R where , denotes a pin.

Pieboy337
3 Jan 2007, 15:39
mmm, did you unmute your cdrom in your volume settings? and er the cable goes from cd-rom to a thing on soundcard labeled something like l,,,R where , denotes a pin.
yeah, I am pretty sure its all connected ok, but I am not sure about the unmuteing. I will have to try that when I get home, if you are right, then you have saved me a whole world of grief.

bonz
3 Jan 2007, 16:51
You don't need an analog CD audio cable anymore. You can activate digital CD audio music in the CD drive properties in the hardware manager in Windows.

The problem with this version 1.017 is that there are NO CD audio tracks, so people with such a game CD don't have any background music, nor do they have the winning/losing tunes.

Someone that has an original CD would have to rip the audio tracks (2-13) to MP3 files and upload them somewhere.
Then you could create a CD image from your music-less CD and use a tool to edit it to a mixed-mode CD adding the MP3s (maybe convert to WAV first) as the audio tracks 2-13.

Edit:
Someone has just done this.
Contact me and I might upload the 40MB zip file.

franpa
4 Jan 2007, 01:44
some cd-rom drives (old ones) dont support digital audio extraction. :P

and yea what you said about a mixed mode cd and mp3's was what i was thinking of with nero...

Dando
4 Jan 2007, 15:56
I was under impression no cable is needed for any analogue music, doesnt the IDE get used instead?

I remember having no extra cables and audio still worked fine.

bonz
4 Jan 2007, 17:11
I was under impression no cable is needed for any analogue music, doesnt the IDE get used instead?

I remember having no extra cables and audio still worked fine.
Windows has the digital CD playback support since Windows 2000 or ME, I'm not sure though.

Before that, you always had to connect your CD drive analogously to your soundcard with an unshielded cable which of course reduces the signal quality.

When using the digital playback the signal is sent digitally to your soundcard thus omitting any quality loss.

Aaronini
4 Jan 2007, 22:28
yea its definately the version with no sondtrack at all. Although my friend found an old copy at eb the other day, and that one has the music tracks. So I could try and burn the songs from his copy and play them in i tunes on my comp or something like that. It's easier than having to get one of you to upload them which most probably is illegal but Thaks Anyway:D

bonz
5 Jan 2007, 00:03
Although my friend found an old copy at eb the other day, and that one has the music tracks. So I could try and burn the songs from his copy and play them in i tunes on my comp or something like that. It's easier than having to get one of you to upload them which most probably is illegal
Well, you could rip the audio tracks from his CD (no transfer over the net, thus no compression necessary) and burn/mount a new CD/image.

Or you could simply use a copy of his version. :rolleyes:

franpa
5 Jan 2007, 02:03
and DAE (digital audio extraction) is when audio is sent via the IDE cable -.-

bonz
7 Jan 2007, 22:27
Noone wants the missing CD audio? I have already uploaded them somewhere.

grubeater
8 Jan 2007, 05:14
I'd love to have it! Once I get it downloaded what folder do I put it in to get it to work? I don't know why they'd take the music it, it was amazing!

franpa
8 Jan 2007, 10:39
make an image of you game disc and make a mixed compilation of your worms disc (in nero) then add the MP3's as cda songs.

bonz
8 Jan 2007, 12:57
I've sent you an PM with the link, grubeater.

As franpa said, create a mixed mode CD in a burning program (I use Nero too) and simply use all the data from your W2 CD as the data track and use all the MP3 files from the archive as the audio tracks.
Keep the same order of the MP3 files.

franpa
9 Jan 2007, 01:59
much better wording bonz :)

bonz
9 Jan 2007, 03:05
much better wording bonz
You have seen nothing! http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/ssh.gif

Muzer
9 Jan 2007, 20:45
Aargh! not you too, bonz! (the SMILIES!)

bonz
9 Jan 2007, 21:49
Aargh! not you too, bonz! (the SMILIES!)
http://www.smiliemania.de/smilie132/00000286.gif