PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What do you like more: Metallica or the Beatles?

bonz
23 Jun 2006, 05:18
HA! Screw you! No poll in here.
(We're not in Online Orgy, are we?)

If you don't know already, check http://www.beatallica.org.
Download all their (non-commercial) songs there.

Error404
23 Jun 2006, 08:57
Lol... i heard a song from them on Radio a while back... pretty amusing i'd say... i liked... :)

ps: if i remember right, it was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band...or whatever they renamed it... i guess it had something to do with James Hetfield on the lyrics too... :rolleyes:

bloopy
23 Jun 2006, 10:57
I grabbed all their songs a while back, it's good stuff. :D

MtlAngelus
23 Jun 2006, 15:41
O_o
This should be interesting I guess.

bonz
26 Jun 2006, 02:30
Fun thing is, Sony issued a cease and desist order against them because of the use of the Beatles songs, but Lars Ulrich liked their music and used his lawyers to fend Sony off.

bonz
7 Aug 2010, 13:13
...and now they have official, commercial recordings on Oglio, a subsidiary of - Sony.

BetongÅsna
9 Aug 2010, 03:52
Well this is surreal. Not a fan, I must say.

philby4000
9 Aug 2010, 14:15
I'm having trouble putting my feelings into words right now.

This is so terrible that's it's wrapped back around into awesome territory, but then continued back into terrible.

BetongÅsna
9 Aug 2010, 15:50
I'm having trouble putting my feelings into words right now.

This is so terrible that's it's wrapped back around into awesome territory, but then continued back into terrible.Like Dragonball Evolution! :D

SargeMcCluck
9 Aug 2010, 16:03
None of the above.

MtlAngelus
9 Aug 2010, 20:45
Like Dragonball Evolution! :D

I don't think that ever ventured outside of terrible.

BetongÅsna
11 Aug 2010, 02:19
I don't think that ever ventured outside of terrible.It was a particularly potent blend of terrible.

Akuryou13
11 Aug 2010, 19:57
this is rather hilarious.

terrible.

but hilarious.

philby4000
13 Aug 2010, 00:16
It was a particularly potent blend of terrible.
After seing so much teeth-nashing online I was sorely disapointed that DBE was was exactly the most boring kind of poor.

It was certainly no Ultravoiloet or The Core. Hell, it doesn't even have anything on XXX.

SargeMcCluck
13 Aug 2010, 10:41
After seing so much teeth-nashing online I was sorely disapointed that DBE was was exactly the most boring kind of poor.

It was certainly no Ultravoiloet or The Core. Hell, it doesn't even have anything on XXX.

I do not understand a word you said. This makes me very happy.

Muzer
22 Aug 2010, 00:04
Well, I would choose the one I've actually heard of (Beatles)... who are Metallica?

/me is blisfully ignorant of nearly all things popular music

MtlAngelus
22 Aug 2010, 00:36
Well, I would choose the one I've actually heard of (Beatles)... who are Metallica?

/me is blisfully ignorant of nearly all things popular music

Here, this is the one Metallica song I can't imaging anyone disliking. (Pun unintended. :p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPVn7cgy6I&feature=search
With the San Francisco Orchestra here because it's awesome.

Akuryou13
22 Aug 2010, 05:13
Here, this is the one Metallica song I can't imaging anyone disliking. (Pun unintended. :p)
With the San Francisco Orchestra here because it's awesome.ooooh. I'd not heard One on S&M. very nice.

MrBunsy
22 Aug 2010, 09:23
The Unforgiven. Best Metallica track, hands down!

Muzer
22 Aug 2010, 15:01
With the San Francisco Orchestra here because it's awesome.
That's pretty nice.

Squirminator2k
23 Aug 2010, 16:49
Worth Pointing Out™: The Beatles: Rock Band was more enjoyable than Guitar Hero: Metallica.

MtlAngelus
23 Aug 2010, 21:56
Worth Pointing Out™: The Beatles: Rock Band was more enjoyable than Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Yeah but Rock Band is better than Guitar Hero just by itself. :p

philby4000
23 Aug 2010, 22:46
The Beatles Rock Band is as classy as music games are ever going to get.

While we're on the subject of music games Rockband 3 is going to come with a ****ing keyboard. There's already a corner of my room stacked high with Plastic drums, guitars and bongos. I've got two copies guitar hero DS (for multiplayer!) and if I ever see one for less than £20 I will have two Dj hero turntables.

One day I will manage to play an entire song on hard.

Squirminator2k
24 Aug 2010, 00:22
It looks like Harmonix will be comping me a copy of RB3.

Akuryou13
24 Aug 2010, 03:56
It looks like Harmonix will be comping me a copy of RB3.why ?

bonz
24 Aug 2010, 17:03
It looks like Harmonix will be comping me a copy of RB3.
why ?
Because they're incompetent ****wits?
No, wait...

Squirminator2k
26 Aug 2010, 06:57
Because they like what I do. I got a copy of StarCraft II from Blizzard for the same reasons.

Akuryou13
26 Aug 2010, 07:33
Because they like what I do. I got a copy of StarCraft II from Blizzard for the same reasons.lol, that's amusing. if you were reviewing games along side the mocking of reviewers, I could understand the logic. just sending you random games for free because you have a funny website?

Squirminator2k
26 Aug 2010, 18:03
The Blizzard thing was, I suppose, a "reward" for correcting all of the WoW/SCII misinfo that went out.

SupSuper
27 Aug 2010, 03:20
Well these days publishers just fling free copies at everything that calls itself a gaming site, and technically Ben's site is a "gaming site".