PDA

View Full Version : Trying to host with Hamachi

Marc1k1
25 Apr 2013, 17:30
.:FIXED:.
Please read my last post here for the solution if you are also having this problem, as for Hamachi I don't know but I turned to WormNAT2 and that worked for me, read more below.

.:Original Post:.
Hello all, apologies on my first post being a help request but there we go.

So basically I have the problem that I've set up my Hamachi network got my friend to join it but when either of us try to host a match the the game just times out trying to find the IP, we've also both gone into the LAN section and still don't see each other.

I'd really like to avoid port forwarding as its never worked for me personally and its tedious as all hell.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Squirminator2k
29 Apr 2013, 23:08
Why not just use WormNET and use HostingBuddy to get a game set up?

franpa
30 Apr 2013, 07:06
Why not just use WormNET and use HostingBuddy to get a game set up?

Text commands Vs. GUI commands.

Squirminator2k
30 Apr 2013, 07:07
Yes, but HostingBuddy works.

GreeN
30 Apr 2013, 09:12
I don't know anything about Hamachi, but I would recommend that you try using WormNAT2 (http://worms2d.info/WormNAT2) instead. It uses a similar concept, but it is specifically designed for W:A, so it requires no configuration and it allows regular players to (without the mod installed) to join your games.

StepS
30 Apr 2013, 14:56
I'd really like to avoid port forwarding as its never worked for me personally

Assuming you did it correctly, your ISP could just be using its NAT to save IPv4 address space. in this case try WormNAT2 (suggested above), which should work.

Marc1k1
30 Apr 2013, 18:39
Haha, initially nothing and then boom! lots of responses.

Alrighty well thank you all for the responses, I'll give WormNAT2 a go and let you all know how it goes.

Marc1k1
3 May 2013, 10:52
Okay, so today I've tried to use WormNET(NAT?)2 and it didn't seem to change anything.

They still can't find my game but then I found the guide to setting it up to be a little unclear as the WormNET2 set-up guide starts of by saying 'use the host button' but never states were it is other than top right corner, the only problem with that is I don't have a host button in the top-right corner of any screen in the game - the only thing close is the local network game section which has a host game button in the bottom right area.

So I assumed that, that was what I had to use but apparantly not - if anybody could run me through quickly as to how to use WormNET2 that would be rather helpful.

Sorry to be a pain but there we go.

Marc1k1
3 May 2013, 18:44
Okay :) Ignore my previous post - I got this working now.

To be more clear I have this working via WormNAT2 and I'd like to be descriptive as others may be sent here when searching 'can't host WA with hamachi'

I would suggest WormNAT2 but seriously only if you cannot get it to work any other way (as the creators of it themselves say)

Basically you download and install WormNAT2 (which they do explain, just duff the files you downloaded into Worms Armageddon's folder) now you need to open Worms Armageddon, Go into the options then click 'advanced' and then there is a tick-box which asks if you would like WA to load all 'WormKits' in the WA folder, obviously make sure this box is ticked, then restart your game.

Okay so NOW it will work and all you have to do is go to network/internet play, click the WORMNET image and then you'll be presented with Channels, I personally went onto the first channel as it seemed to be the one for normal games as apposed to rope based stuff, once in the first channel there will be a 'host' button in the top right side of the screen, click it and give it a name (and password if you so desire) and DONE.

Something important to note is that I found when exciting a hosted match you seem to have a period of time in which you can't create host another game without it going a bit odd, as in, you create the game and it just hangs on the channel screen until it lets you know that it has timed out, my own suggestion with this is to just wait a while before hosting another game or if you are the host make sure you keep the match open and don't exit it yourself.

Phew, so there we go! Thank you all for your suggestions.