PDA

View Full Version : [ERROR] Skipped packet and really weird behavior...

GrO
13 Apr 2013, 21:34
WA Version:

Loaded modules:

- wkFileOverride
- wkKawooshKick

Demo:

2013-04-13 20.17.19 [Online] @GrO, Juubi, sK`scrambled`nlF.WAgame (http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/4/16/3116402/2013-04-13%2020.17.19%20%5BOnline%5D%20%40GrO%2C%20Juubi%2 C%20sK%60scrambled%60nlF.WAgame)

Notes:

The weirdest thing happened, after I kicked the lagged guy and he started to 'live after death' (was online after kick or his buffer has spoken until it thrown out the last packet).

Conclusion:

Somebody understands what happened there?

EDIT:

Found this:

"Skipped packet" message in chat, followed by desynchronization or disconnect

This problem is usually caused by an incompatibility between Windows 7, multi-core processors, and wkPackets (a WormNAT2 component). The latest version, available from WormKit's webpage, attempts to address this problem. Note that this problem may occur even to clients merely joining a game when wkPackets is enabled.

But there was no desynch or disconnect.

StepS
13 Apr 2013, 22:46
there was a desync.
your kick attempt did nothing, maybe because it was done too early or in an improper situation. it's the skipped packet which desynchronized him after he did some shots. skipped packet could as well indicate why the kick attempt did nothing. because i never saw a case of kicking a skippedpacket user.
or either the kick attempt succeeded but with a delay from you

GrO
13 Apr 2013, 23:09
I didn't mention that desynched player was lagged for me (without 'connection problem' icon) and he didn't have 'F1' prefix (on the demo there is no pause). He started to move for me just after I kicked him.

Deadcode
15 Apr 2013, 01:23
Hi GrO,

Firstly — it might help to have scrambled's replay of this. (And obviously, Juubi's, if that's possible.)

At this point I'm not entirely sure what happened. There was no desync on your end or Juubi's end, of that I'm pretty certain. If the skipped packets are chat messages, or anything else not directly related to game play, then it won't cause a desync. However, there may have been a desync on scrambled's end after Juubi's team force-surrendered on your end.

At what point did the F1 next to Juubi's name disappear?

How long did the game lag after Juubi actually did disconnect (with the forced surrender)?

GrO
16 Apr 2013, 11:07
I'll mention about the demos, when I'll meet them, but they're not my WN friends or something.

It all was happening from the start, the game was like 'waiting for a player who's still loading', but there was no loading bar for him nor the 'F1' prefix.

When I got bored by waiting I had to kick him and then his worm started to move normally and roping until he got disconnected by KawooshKick i guess.

So there was no real lag, just about a minute of waiting at the start of the game.