PDA

View Full Version : Full wormage?

joeyboy
13 Apr 2013, 02:48
Hey folks, I'm not sure if I've misunderstood things but I seem to have done everything needed to unlock this game type, but when I look under the game types "pro, Armageddon, etc" I can't see it?

I have gold medals for all my training missions, I beat the campaign and my team is now rank Elite. I got a message after doing all the golds in training and campaign missions that it unlocked things, but I got no message after gaining my Elite rank?

Obn3g0n
13 Apr 2013, 08:01
I don't remember what you have to do to unlock Full Wormage. Sounds like you're almost there.

You can always just cheat and use TeamED to quickly unlock Full Wormage. In all my years playing I've never bothered to unlock FW legitimately. http://worms2d.info/TeamED

Extremist2
13 Apr 2013, 08:34
I got it legitimately some time ago. I recall getting golds on all training and campaign missions, and beating the top team in Deathmatch. If all that doesn't do it, I'm not sure what else will.

LTKiller
13 Apr 2013, 10:35
[...] my team is now rank Elite. I got a message after [...], but I got no message after gaining my Elite rank?

There is reaching the Elite rank (once you won Superstar) and winning the Elite deathmatch. Did you do the latter?

Plutonic
13 Apr 2013, 11:14
There is reaching the Elite rank (once you won Superstar) and winning the Elite deathmatch. Did you do the latter?

I think he probably needs to gold the campaign missions as he didn't mention doing that.

KRD
13 Apr 2013, 11:43
Nope, that's not one of the requirements as far as I'm aware. The wiki doesn't think so either:

http://worms2d.info/Cheats_%28Worms_Armageddon%29

Not sure what joeyboy's missing, but that's a good checklist to go by there.

LTKiller
13 Apr 2013, 12:03
Well, indeed, that's not a requirement (I tested before writing that on the wiki).

So I'm sticking to my assumption that joeyboy only reached the Elite rank, and didn't win the Elite match.

joeyboy
13 Apr 2013, 13:07
Well, indeed, that's not a requirement (I tested before writing that on the wiki).

So I'm sticking to my assumption that joeyboy only reached the Elite rank, and didn't win the Elite match.

Ah that could be it tbh, I'm not sure I actually played another match once I reached the rank.

Would you know if you had gotten it, I mean as I say I assume it's a selectable game type from the drop down list?

I haven't gotten all gold medals in the campaign but yeah the wiki doesn't seem to say that's necessary, just all golds in training. I'll have a go at an Elite match tonight, I won't be sober...but then you need Dutch courage when you're so outnumbered. :p

By the way you guys might not be able to answer this but...I understand this game is still getting some support via patches still? Though the last patch was some time ago so possibly not bar 3rd party stuff. Anyway with how WWP has the "wormpot" where you pick from a slot machine still thing three things which alter game play (slippy ground, low gravity, david & goliath mode) etc, has there or is there going to be any attempt to enable these in Armageddon?

franpa
13 Apr 2013, 16:32
Ah that could be it tbh, I'm not sure I actually played another match once I reached the rank.

Would you know if you had gotten it, I mean as I say I assume it's a selectable game type from the drop down list?

I haven't gotten all gold medals in the campaign but yeah the wiki doesn't seem to say that's necessary, just all golds in training. I'll have a go at an Elite match tonight, I won't be sober...but then you need Dutch courage when you're so outnumbered. :p

By the way you guys might not be able to answer this but...I understand this game is still getting some support via patches still? Though the last patch was some time ago so possibly not bar 3rd party stuff. Anyway with how WWP has the "wormpot" where you pick from a slot machine still thing three things which alter game play (slippy ground, low gravity, david & goliath mode) etc, has there or is there going to be any attempt to enable these in Armageddon?

W:A and WWP are slated to be merged together in the unforeseen future. It's been mentioned but it likely won't happen any time soon. Also the latest patch to W:A was actually very recent.

LTKiller
13 Apr 2013, 16:43

Yes, it's indeed in the scheme drop down list. You can also know if you had it just by opening the in-game Weapon Editor when editing any scheme - if you can see weapons such as Select Worm, Donkey or Armageddon (super weapon), then it means you completed the game (and thus got the Full Wormage).

I haven't gotten all gold medals in the campaign but yeah the wiki doesn't seem to say that's necessary, just all golds in training.

Now that this article is getting mentioned again, I realized I'm not sure whether gold is required for missions where you can unlock Cheats (such as mission 4 or 33). I'd need to test that. Edit: Tested, and gold indeed isn't required to unlock Cheats in missions.

I'll have a go at an Elite match tonight, I won't be sober...but then you need Dutch courage when you're so outnumbered. :p

Heh, good luck. ;)

Obn3g0n
13 Apr 2013, 18:23
By the way you guys might not be able to answer this but...I understand this game is still getting some support via patches still? Though the last patch was some time ago so possibly not bar 3rd party stuff. Anyway with how WWP has the "wormpot" where you pick from a slot machine still thing three things which alter game play (slippy ground, low gravity, david & goliath mode) etc, has there or is there going to be any attempt to enable these in Armageddon?You can do all that stuff and a lot more with Rubberworm and ProjectX. It's not quite as easy as clicking on a slot machine, though. You have to install Rubberworm & ProjectX to the previous version of WA (.31) and then enable features using text commands in the chat box before the game (for example /sdet enables 'shot doesn't end turn' mode). Downloads and great instructions can be found at worms2d.info.

LTKiller
13 Apr 2013, 18:58
Doing this via PX requires you to know C++ though (unless they already have made such scripts). Also, only use it if you don't mind all the bugs or desyncs that may happen with it (yes, I don't like it at all, imo just take RubberWorm which has also been made compatible with 3.7.2.1).