PDA

View Full Version : Auto Placement

will1565
17 Mar 2013, 22:19
Hello again,

Does anybody know if there is way around not being able to auto place your worms if there are six teams being used?

Many thanks

Will.

StepS
18 Mar 2013, 06:49
use the /afk

GreeN
18 Mar 2013, 12:22
The problem is that the game cannot calculate enough room on the map to place every worm. You can use the /afk command in online games to skip your turns and auto-place your worms, but this is tedious, slow and you cannot do so in offline games.

The real trick here is to make sure that your map accommodates enough space for all worms. This can be achieved by entering the terrain editor (right click on the terrain), turning the map into a "colour image" (right click on the map preview button[4*]) and then selecting how many extra holes/girders can be placed on the map (click the round girder icon with a number above it[16*]). This will add extra girders/holes around/inside the map so that the number on the button matches the amount of worms that the map can now automatically accommodate.

*You can find more information here, along with a screenshot detailing the numbers I mentioned: http://worms2d.info/Map_Editor_Guide

StepS
18 Mar 2013, 16:11
and you cannot do so in offline games.

false !

will1565
18 Mar 2013, 20:04
Thanks for the info Green that's awesome, It wont seem to let me have more than 18 no matter what size map i make.... any ideas?

GreeN
18 Mar 2013, 20:31
On a regular sized map, you should always be able to produce 50+ spots for worms. On large PNG maps you can select up to 256(?). Make sure that you only right-click the preview button once to convert it to a "colour map" - only then can you edit the amount of holes/girders.

franpa
19 Mar 2013, 05:02
The problem is that the game cannot calculate enough room on the map to place every worm. You can use the /afk command in online games to skip your turns and auto-place your worms, but this is tedious, slow and you cannot do so in offline games.

You can do it in offline games, create a Direct IP match and bam, you got a chat box! Also perhaps they can make it so that using /AFK during that phase of the game skips the worm teleporting animation? perhaps only have it trigger in situations where the game can't place all the worms automatically?

Obn3g0n
19 Mar 2013, 05:29
Aha, I knew there was a way to do this.

http://worms2d.info/WkMagic_Map_Wizard

Unfortunately it's only for version 3.6.26.5 - pretty ancient.

StepS
19 Mar 2013, 07:56
On large PNG maps you can select up to 256(?).

false, it's up to 300. but 300 only works properly since 3.7.0.0 (bug with a missing byte has been fixed)

[14:40:27] <GreeN> would you mind editing your post so that you actually include this information instead of leaving others wondering what youre talking about?

in order to activate /afk command offline, you need to simultaneously press Enter and Page Up (or with a micro delay). this is not so hard but it's likely that you will fail from the first attempt.