PDA

View Full Version : W:A Crash. Error logs included.

ngg
27 Feb 2013, 00:40
Hello,

I got an error playing W:A online just now, and want to try to make sure it doesn't happen again, as it disrupted a game I was hosting, which ruins the hosted game for everyone.

I attached the two error files. It's the latest version of W:A with the latest update, Windows 8. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Edit: Oh and it just happened again and both times it was just when a mine was going to go off, which makes me imagine there's some sort of already-known mine error. It was noticeable how a mine was supposed to go off and then bam, crash. Mines set to 3sec.
Please help if this is familiar.

StepS
27 Feb 2013, 09:19
Please delete IndiMask until Plutonic resolves the issues: it kills both WA and rubberworm. I have already alerted about this in some of the threads. This issue seems to be new, however there's also an issue of indimask killing rubberworm on explosion.
also I'd recommend deleting FrontendFix because it's no longer needed with 3.7.0.0.

also please POST ON W:A FORUMS, this is a Worms Facebook forum, thank you

ngg
27 Feb 2013, 16:40
Please delete IndiMask until Plutonic resolves the issues: it kills both WA and rubberworm. I have already alerted about this in some of the threads. This issue seems to be new, however there's also an issue of indimask killing rubberworm on explosion.
also I'd recommend deleting FrontendFix because it's no longer needed with 3.7.0.0.

also please POST ON W:A FORUMS, this is a Worms Facebook forum, thank you

Thanks!!:D That makes sense because I just put in IndiMask after I thought the idea was cool. I wonder if it may be a good idea to simply remove IndiMask from that one official wiki-like page that I found it from until it's fixed.
Ohh, when the forum refers to Support, maybe it means fan support to Team17! I'm so used to that meaning customer support! Sorry and thanks again!

StepS
27 Feb 2013, 21:09
Thanks!!:D That makes sense because I just put in IndiMask after I thought the idea was cool. I wonder if it may be a good idea to simply remove IndiMask from that one official wiki-like page that I found it from until it's fixed.
Ohh, when the forum refers to Support, maybe it means fan support to Team17! I'm so used to that meaning customer support! Sorry and thanks again!

yes, already removed. thanks for the report as we didn't know that it also affects plain W:A.

Plutonic
1 Mar 2013, 15:37
hmmmm, sorry didnt relise it was a crash in Indimask, only a indi/rubber incompatability. I will take a look next time I get enough spare time to take a look, I have an idea where the problem will be.

Plutonic
1 Mar 2013, 22:24
I have uploaded a new version of IndiMask, give me a shout if you have any more problems with it.

StepS
1 Mar 2013, 23:01
the recent versions still crash, and now even worse (in every game). me and Plutonic will have a look at it later

Plutonic
2 Mar 2013, 12:22
Ok, repro'ed the crash last night. I have no idea why it was crashing but have put up a new version with a work around. Also fixed some other issues while I was in there (Indi only worked if it was the first game launched... oops).