PDA

View Full Version : Only the good kids suck

The Godz
26 Feb 2013, 18:41
Worms isn't about good bazooka shots or well-thrown grenades anymore. Just steal their jet pack, poison the whole team, drown them in some dynamic water, lightning strike the crate that spawns near them since they explode now, and put some girders over their gravestones. Drop some dynamite and land mines on them and the game should be over. If he's still got a worm left, slip him out with the mole bomb.

Ninja Rope: nerfed pretty hard. No more cross-mapping in most cases.
Parachute: nerfed pretty hard. No more dropping weapons in most cases.
Landscapes: no longer pays to be on top.
Ranked Matches: no longer fun.

SgtFusion
26 Feb 2013, 21:42
The issue with the jetpack can be avoided by simply not having any jetpacks in the scheme. Not only that, but the stuff you just mentioned isn't actually as easy to do as you think (or even nigh-impossible, at least in a single turn). For one thing, worms don't instantly die in dynamic water. For another, in the standard schemes you have limited amounts of the weapons that generate dynamic water, and on most maps the amount of dynamic water is rather limited. I'm also fairly certain that similar complaints could apply to games such as Worms: Armageddon (where your complaint about Worms no longer being about good bazooka shots or well-thrown grenades applies to a large majority of online games, since roping schemes seem to be among the more popular ones). Another point - the existence of dynamic water opens up some interesting new strategies. However, if you really dislike it that much, you can simply avoid putting dynamic water on a map, avoid placing any dynamic water-containing objects on the map, and set the ammo of water weapons to 0. It's not like the existence of dynamic water and poison-gas objects automatically causes the grenade or bazooka to misfire. I would bet that you can find people playing standard schemes on maps with no dynamic water. If other people want to take advantage of the interesting new features, what's wrong with that?

The Godz
27 Feb 2013, 08:31
Absolutely nothing is wrong with that. I like the game. It's fun. I love the innovations. With that said, ranked matches (static rule set) against people who are really, really good don't come down to who is better at b&g, roping and getting the height advantage anymore. That's what worms (2D) has been since I started playing back in the 90's. The ranked setup just doesn't inspire me to get online and really compete like it did with previous titles, including Battle Islands.

IlikeFARTS
7 Mar 2013, 05:56
I use zooks and grenades almost every turn possible. Most often, anything I have infinite of.

1batata
10 Mar 2013, 11:35
In the end you must win this, so you must kill worms. If you wanna make this worm battle a fabulous tea party you're gonna get your asses kicked. The most effective way to deal with worms is always AND always, making them drown in instant drowning water and it's clean and it's fast. Also if you wanna kill a worm that presents a challenge putting him in water don't make him suffer just kill it in one or 2 hits. Think before typing insane b*llsh*t. This isn't pokemon where poison can be most effective (for some reason). If you wanna play a game that allows you only 4 worms you better take good care of those worms because just by letting the enemy fight back you take a great hit, so here's the thing. Your worms must be AWAY from instant water in places that is very tricky to move them. Also don't waste 5 ropes in one turn. That's being noob.

The Godz
11 Mar 2013, 13:39
I'll tell you who's a big noob; you. 5 ropes? What scheme are you playing? This thread is specifically about Ranked Pro Deathmatch. It's also about good players, so I guess you're out on that one, too.

1batata
11 Mar 2013, 17:05
I'll tell you who's a big noob; you. 5 ropes? What scheme are you playing? This thread is specifically about Ranked Pro Deathmatch. It's also about good players, so I guess you're out on that one, too.

Just because I mention 5 ropes witch could be anything below and still count as all ropes in one turn you reply to me just to call me a noob and ignore any valid points? Nothing in the 1st post tells me about this specific scheme this is refering to, it's pretty general exept it's most probably multiplayer for the sound of it, so I tried to help by point out basics of all pros. Treating this game like a competitive thing only makes me laugh. You suck.

The Godz
11 Mar 2013, 22:54
I think most everyone will be with me on this...you did just say that thinking of Worms as a competitive game makes you laugh, right? Congrats! Your opinion no longer counts here then.

schmian
18 Mar 2013, 04:33
I do play for fun: COMPETITIVE fun...

Scribbles
20 Mar 2013, 12:05
Worms isn't about good bazooka shots or well-thrown grenades anymore. Just steal their jet pack, poison the whole team, drown them in some dynamic water, lightning strike the crate that spawns near them since they explode now, and put some girders over their gravestones. Drop some dynamite and land mines on them and the game should be over. If he's still got a worm left, slip him out with the mole bomb.

Ninja Rope: nerfed pretty hard. No more cross-mapping in most cases.
Parachute: nerfed pretty hard. No more dropping weapons in most cases.
Landscapes: no longer pays to be on top.
Ranked Matches: no longer fun.

Never thought I'd see competekiddies whine about nerfs in a Worms game.

I think you're whining at the wrong franchise, buddy. Maybe you should go play calladooty like the rest of your whiny kin.

The Godz
21 Mar 2013, 08:43
What the hell are you talking about, Scribbles? Right now you just look like a dumbass, so...make a point. I'm not a kid and I don't play Call of Duty. My gamertag is my sig on this forum so you can look at every game I've played. Set a date and I will smash you out on THIS GAME. That goes for everyone, btw :)

The Godz
21 Mar 2013, 08:47
If you can beat me, you know who you are...but you also know you've never seen me run from a fight. If you've ran out of my Ranked Deathmatch lobby, you also know who you are...lol

schmian
24 Mar 2013, 10:12
The_Godz, do you play on PS3 at all?

IlikeFARTS
26 Mar 2013, 04:37
I'm pretty sure I can rope across the map on a single rope..

I'm also pretty sure most people quit as soon as I ninja rope over to enemy territory first turn in a forts match.

I'm positive a veteran player quit against me for my ninja rope skills and then proceeded to message me on XBLA that I in fact am a 'noob'. Shortly after I reminded him that 'noobs' quit games and never received a reply. I will leave the gamer tag out to keep from hate messages being sent to a over all solid wormer.

The ninja rope is epic once your comfortable breaking the rope because it does not count as a swing.

In closing.. I disagree with just Wizzy, everyone sucks if you can't ninja rope comfortably. Is anyone on Steam good with the ninja rope?

The Godz
31 Mar 2013, 10:11
You musta been drinking when you wrote that! You know that the majority of the maps aren't 1 rope friendly. What kind of map are you talking about? A single cavern? Lol. You are the best I've seen with the rope but that DOES NOT mean that you can up and over an outdoor map in a single turn. Everything has to be just right and that's a rare occurrence. Your boasting about it sounds noobish. You, along with everyone got the point I was trying to make. Disagree all you want.

Also, I'm interested in knowing who you're referring to about quitting out. I know it's not me. Plenty of people do that. In fact, I have entire days where I play 4-6 games after work and every single person quits out.

IlikeFARTS
5 Apr 2013, 02:19
Since I changed over to forts I have noticed an high dosage of quitters. It didn't seem to be much of a problem in Classic or even Deathmatch.

Wizzy, I wasn't trying to come across as a newb. My bad.

schmian
6 Apr 2013, 16:54
Are there generally more players on Forts? I need to get some forts played for the trophy but hope it's a little busier over there than in deathmatch.

IlikeFARTS
7 Apr 2013, 00:52
There are generally less players in forts I believe. This is mostly due to the number of players looking for a 3 and 4 player match. The beauty of forts is that it is always 2 player making it much easier to raise your rank because there is no chance of being teamed up on.

The Godz
28 May 2013, 07:17
I just lost 2 games back to back, (my first ranked games that were not 1 v 1 in a long time.) I Dropped 25 spots on the overall leaderboard. It's funny how the ranking system is set up...you play the game enough to be highly ranked and eventually you play against all the active players, everyone knows who you are and of course they team up on you. In the first game, one of the players was a guy who I had just beat the dog **** out of in the prior match. He plugs his mic in and tells everyone to watch out for just Wizzy. He's a sneaky guy. He did this and he did that to me. Lets get him. The second player put his entire team in the same corner with my first worm and we were blocked in by a physics object. The third guy, who's actually pretty good, put two scientists in a hole up top so I spawned a worm up there to fight them figuring nobody else would. Hey look here! They DID NOT attack each other at all until I was dead. Lol. In the second game, both guys were terrible and fighting opportunistically for the most part until about half way through when they made a truce and did everything they could to take me out. They both used their airstrikes, homing missiles, water strikes, all their telekenisis, both turrets and both their ufo's on my last worm.

Back to the original point of this thread...ranked matches aren't much fun. I have been having a blast playing unranked 3 and 4 player games and I was foolish enough to try a few ranked ones. Look how I was punished. I will have to win 150 1 v 1 games to get those spots back unless everyone I play is ranked higher than me. That'll never happen because half of those people cheated thier way up and are no longer active except on their alternate accounts where they play anonamously and try to catch the competition off guard. The other half run from the lobby when they see me cause they don't want their ass beat. Can anyone else see where I'm coming from? Why have a leaderboard if you don't want people striving to be highly ranked? Why have a ranking system that takes all the fun out of it and inspires cheating?

Side note: Why don't you stop the cheaters?

IlikeFARTS
28 May 2013, 13:58
I sincerely hope you're not calling me out for cheating..? Everything I did was legit ANDDDDDD to shun the guys crying in the other thread, I don't multibuy, it's just not worth risking being stuck in the bottom corner and selling out for multbuying. Let's be honest the only thing worth multibuying is the jet pack and worm select, otherwise I almost always use my first coin for a poison gun or a squirt gun :cool:

I also don't have an alternate account. Shman Dee needs no anonymity

If you find yourself in a multiplayer match you will get a win for each person that goes out before you and subsequently a loss for each wormer that out lives you, a large price to play to wager your beloved rank.

If I told you how many games I had to play to get to where I am you would slap me.. and my mother. To give you an idea.. I believe I had 30k in coins before the game 'broke' and I am pretty sure I have much more than that now.

The Godz
28 May 2013, 22:10
I'm definitely not talking about you. I'm not naming anyone here but you know how it is, probably better than anyone; a lot of the people that are way up the leaderboard are simply not active. They got there and they are still there, not playing, not winning or losing. Some left the game altogether and some play on alternate accounts. Either way, you can't beat them and rank up off them if they're not playing. I know for an absolute fact, that a number of the people in the top 30 got there by beating themselves on alternate accounts. That's what I'm referring to as cheating. (As far as the multibuying thing goes, I'm an advocate. I use it when necessary and I dont't feel the least bit bad about it. It's there, it's simple to do, I feel like everyone should do it if they want.) It's kind of pitiful when you beat up on some new guy for two weeks straight, only to find out that he is ranked in the top ten on his primary account. It seems like one would drop faster during long periods of inactivity.

When this game first came out and there were 500 people playing, 800 people playing, I just smashed people. Like I told you after our first game...I had never been beaten with 4 scientists, (until you did it,) I hadn't been beaten with 4 scouts. There just wasn't that much competition. Also, the learning curve was steeper because a new player picking up the game today has the benefit of seeing people pull off stuff that nobody knew was possible a month after launch and they can attempt to imitate it. With more people playing, and more players exposed to the advanced tactics, it's harder than ever to rank up. It's absurdly easy to down-rank. There's got to be a better way to manage the ranking system.

Zaheen
29 May 2013, 14:36
I thought the rankings are reset monthly anyway?

I also thought you just win 1 point for a win, and that's it - if this is true, then doesn't that mean the ranking system means nothing but who plays the most games?

IlikeFARTS
29 May 2013, 17:36
I know of 2 people in the top 10 that have 2 accounts. Both are excellent players, one is a known cheater. Like prior posts, I'd rather not say the names on here to avoid further embarrassment (you can ask me on xbox ;)) I've never heard of people beating up on there other accounts to raise their rank, mostly just colluding with friends to target better players. All is avoided in 2 player matches :cool:

vackillers
29 May 2013, 19:07
To what had been said in the 1st post, that's just the way people play online now in ranked matches, people will do litterly anything to get their ranks up, just take a look at the battlefield 3 leaderboards, its a joke lol... and worms is no different, people will cheat, steal, poision, drown, and all the other things you said is pretty normal stuff... In the old days it was just a fist fight of bananna bombs and super sheeps :D now its a bit more intrigate which i think is a good thing personally... As for the things that godz listed as nerfs, some of those things really needed to be nerfed anyway, everyone doesn't like the ropes that much in Revolution cept me it seems like, in other worms games it was just REDICULOUS what people would do with the rope! now you have to change it up, you cannot do a million rope swings all over the entire landscape now :D

You basically have to adapt or perish... and you can always create your own weapon scheme that only has the weapons you want to fight with to bring back some of those epic matches with just bazooks and grenades if you wish, yeah its not ranked, so what, worms has always been about the enjoyment and the "fun" factor it brings in completely hillarious deaths and situations... I have never played a ranked match, and dont care to, it doesn't interest me in the slightest personally, and it doesn't reflect how good people are at the game either as there are too many exploits anyway...

The Godz
29 May 2013, 20:04
Vac, I understand what you're saying. If you don't like to play ranked matches, that's your prerogative and that's fine. Here's what I'm driving at: In Battle Islands for Wii and all the games that have been on Xbox, prior to Revolution, the ranked game settings and the traditional rope made for a "classic" worms battle where the "rules" felt more well defined and things were less random. If you had two relatively well matched players going at it, one mistake would more than likely cost you the game. You had to utilize the rope to the absolute max to achieve victory. It was very well balanced. And more often than not, somewhere around 2/3rd of the way through, most of the powerful stuff was used up...and that was a good thing. It payed to hit your opponent as hard as possible early on. You had to know when to start the fight for the high ground and there's no way to put enough emphasis on how important that fight was. That's where the old style rope came in. From that point, you had to rely on your bazooka and grenade skills to pull it out.

With all that said,

I LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THE CHANGES AND I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT BACK. NOT EVEN THE NINJA ROPE!

However, like I said in the thread starter, I think between the inclusion of different worm classes, the Team 17 chosen weapon set for ranked Pro, the Shop feature, the inability to truly traverse the map with the new rope, and the corrupted ranking system, this is the least skill based and least fun, (read: addictive,) game of the current console generation when it comes to ranked matches/ranking up. It's all about balance.

(For those that don't know, the ranked Pro weapon set is very different on PC than it is on Xbox.)

The Godz
6 Jun 2013, 07:16
Mother ****er! This game is busted! I just lost to a guy ranked in the top 60/70 who is garbage compared to me. Why? You tell me. He went first. I overcame that. He used his worm select and teleshield to take out my heavy. I brought him back and nearly got him to 100 health, then used him to kill a worm...so I overcame that. I avoided his turret without getting shot by it except when it went off b/c of my baseball bat, (which knocked a worm in the water.) I made all the skilled shots with zooks and nades. He made none. I made all the sick rope maneuvers and got control of the high ground after all the aerial stuff was used up. He made none. (One of which was from the bottom of the map to the top to take out his newly revived heavy before he even got to take another turn.) I could go on.

He got 15+ coin crates and 10+ utilities. I'm not exaggerating. I stopped him from getting most of the weapon crates early on like any strategic player would but then the game went nuts. He threw a banana at me at one point. What did he do to deserve these crates? Nothing. He played like a noob and hid under the left side of the map with 2 scientists. He jet packed 4 times, poisoned me 3 times, (without using the skunk,) roped with purchased ropes, blocked me in with purchased girders, protected himself with purchased teleshiels...I'm sure there's other crazy **** that I'm forgetting. I still outplayed him in sudden death and got on top of his only remaining worm above the rising water, (which was in baseball territory but that didn't matter b/c I only got 20 coins the whole game and I couldn't afford one,) and I lined up the perfect straight down kamikaze which failed to drive him straight down. Horse ****. If you outclass someone to that point, why should they be able to win?