PDA

View Full Version : Curstom sound packs don't work in multiplayer reliably

keiyakins
7 Jan 2013, 16:46
Only one person's custom sound pack ever seems to work, often no ones. I'm using the newest patch available. How do fix it?

DaveyBoi
8 Jan 2013, 18:37
Custom sound banks do not sync over online multiplayer.

You can only hear someone else's custom soundbank if you have it stored locally in your Worms Armageddon/User/Speech folder. Some people have very large collections of soundbanks installed for this reason.

If you have any coding experience, you could probably write a WormKit extension that would add in this function -- many people would be very grateful to you!

StepS
8 Jan 2013, 23:54
if it doesn't waste too much traffic and priceless minutes of life uploading that huge archive to multiple people :confused:

DaveyBoi
9 Jan 2013, 04:14
OGG compression. The test soundbank I tried compressed to just over 1mb, which is comparable to an average big color map. A central server would be necessary IMO or else it would be too agonizing. My connection downloads at 2mb/s but only uploads at 50kb.

Maybe it could work off the wmdb or hostingbuddy server, where anyone can listen to other people's soundbanks (if they opt to receive soundbanks in their settings for local caching), but only donors can upload their own. I only mention those two servers because it would be nice for someone deserving like those guys to get some donation money.. (neither currently accepts any donations afaik).. but it could be hosted anywhere.

Just trying to discuss this.. not saying anyone should do anything.. :)

keiyakins
10 Jan 2013, 15:13
Custom sound banks do not sync over online multiplayer.

You can only hear someone else's custom soundbank if you have it stored locally in your Worms Armageddon/User/Speech folder. Some people have very large collections of soundbanks installed for this reason.

If you have any coding experience, you could probably write a WormKit extension that would add in this function -- many people would be very grateful to you!

No, even if I install it it doesn't actually play, I only hear the default soundbank. I know it's installed because I can make teams that use it and it works offline, but it doesn't work when someone else does. The game is fully patched, I just launched it and no update was downloaded.

CyberShadow
10 Jan 2013, 17:23
Are you using the Steam edition?

The Steam edition hasn't been updated yet to the latest version (3.7), and it has a known problem with soundbanks (which was fixed in 3.7).

keiyakins
10 Jan 2013, 18:26
Oh.

Is there a nocd crack for 3.7.0.0 yet then? Since if it's not out in three weeks it's probably not coming.

CyberShadow
10 Jan 2013, 19:25
Please buy the game.

Edit: Regardless of whether you own a legal copy of the game, discussing cracks is strictly against forum rules. If you want to install 3.7 now, you need to buy a CD edition. There is no other legal way, currently.