PDA

View Full Version : Colors fix for the new update.

MihaiS_
30 Apr 2011, 18:14
Hello!

I've decided to return to the WA community for a while and I was wondering if there's something to help with the colors issues on W7 x64 after minimizing/restoring the game.

Any indication to a solution is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

franpa
30 Apr 2011, 18:36
check the beta readme, the latest beta update includes many functions that can help resolve it including a button combo you can press during gameplay to force it to restore the correct colours, though whatever corrupted the colours to begin with can still corrupt them again later.

MihaiS_
30 Apr 2011, 20:40
Thanks, Shift+Pause solves it. I don't mind the color corruption as long as there's a quick fix.

StepS
30 Apr 2011, 21:21
No, after maximizing the colors just flicker and then remain messed up, this is bad. To prevent this go in Settings -> Advanced and for the Palette fix option only check two last ones - Fix DirectX palette and Fix on changement (something like that) and u will be fine.
Or just apply this reg file:
http://myfiles.my1.ru/wa/fixes/palettefix31.reg

GrO
1 May 2011, 01:00
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had to mess with any Palette settings and my colors are always fine even, after minimizing (I'm on Win7 x64 too with default Palette settings).

What's Your GFX Card MihaiS_? Just curious.

franpa
1 May 2011, 02:15
His issue is solved, if he wants he can mess with the advanced settings but he doesn't really need to unless he gets too lazy to use Shift and Pause combination.

MihaiS_
1 May 2011, 02:33
No, after maximizing the colors just flicker and then remain messed up, this is bad. To prevent this go in Settings -> Advanced and for the Palette fix option only check two last ones - Fix DirectX palette and Fix on changement (something like that) and u will be fine.
Or just apply this reg file:
http://stepsfiles.tk/wa/fixes/palettefix31.reg

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check to see if this option solves the issue permanently.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had to mess with any Palette settings and my colors are always fine even, after minimizing (I'm on Win7 x64 too with default Palette settings).

What's Your GFX Card MihaiS_? Just curious.

I'm on Windows 7 x64, nVidia GeForce GTX 295.

His issue is solved, if he wants he can mess with the advanced settings but he doesn't really need to unless he gets too lazy to use Shift and Pause combination.

Yup, franpa, you'll always roam my mind as the first one to answer to my issue in regard to the latest patch.

Thanks.