PDA

View Full Version : Strange Crashes and Fatal errors

Ultimatix
5 Aug 2009, 18:10
Hi there,

I have the newest Version of Worms Armageddon (v3.6.29.0).

But Since Yesterday, the Game got sometimes an Fatal error, most when i have played one Game and click to "New Match". But the Strange thing is, that i canīt minimize WA when the Fatal error is happening and the whole PC frozen so i must restart the PC. Thatīs because i cant show you a screen from that Error.

Have somebody an idea Why this happens ? I have MSN or other messengers turned off, too.

CyberShadow
5 Aug 2009, 18:20
Is an ERRORLOG.TXT file created in your W:A folder?

Ultimatix
5 Aug 2009, 18:25
Yeah, there is an Errorlog.txt. Its a huge one, i cant post it in the Thread. Can i send you the txt File to you Emailadress ?

CyberShadow
5 Aug 2009, 20:59
If it is too large to post as an attachment (250kb), compress it first.

Ultimatix
5 Aug 2009, 21:02
Ok i have attached this Textfile now !

CyberShadow
5 Aug 2009, 22:12
Could you check if the time specified in the log corresponds to when the problem you described occurred?

Ultimatix
5 Aug 2009, 22:34
Yes, the Time in the log corresponds and the Error occurred at 8/5/2009 18:59:22.

CyberShadow
6 Aug 2009, 14:14
The crash occurred due to a font rendering error. Please try updating your video drivers, and try applying the SlowFrontendWorkaround tweaks.

Vilde
7 Aug 2009, 08:28
Hello, I have a question concerning the same problem. I am trying to make a video out of Worms Armageddon replay file.. I try to use the "Export replay" feature but when the game has exported around 7000~ image files, it gives a Fatal Error message...

It made an error log for me too so I thought this thread could be the right one to post. ;)

I use the v3.6.29.0 of Worms Armageddon too.

I attached the Errorlog.txt here.

For me Error occurred at 8/7/2009 04:41:12.

I've been trying to solve this for a very long time now.. I really hope someone can help me with this. Thanks.

CyberShadow
7 Aug 2009, 11:33
Looks like a memory leak.
You can work around this by extracting the video in segments of several minutes' length.

franpa
7 Aug 2009, 11:40
I believe the replay extraction issue affects multiple people.

Vilde
7 Aug 2009, 12:21
Looks like a memory leak.
You can work around this by extracting the video in segments of several minutes' length.

If you mean that I should first export few minutes, pause, copy the images somewhere, continue; I have tried and it still crashes.. Should I get more RAM memory then? I have only 2Gb right now..

CyberShadow
7 Aug 2009, 13:08
No, not pause. You can enter the intervals for which to extract the frames in the "Export video" dialog.

Vilde
7 Aug 2009, 13:11
ohh.. Thanks a lot ! I didn't know that. Now I think I should get the images exported...

Next thing to solve is how to combine the images to a video, as my Ulead Video Studio 11 and Windows Movie Maker can't do it because they crash because there are too many images :(

CyberShadow
7 Aug 2009, 14:32
Try VirtualDubMod.

Vilde
7 Aug 2009, 16:19
Thanks. THANKS... I would say "Thanks" more than million times but it would take too much time and I would get banned. :D:D

I really have tried to find a program for the image combining about 2 weeks and I almost quitted.. Thanks again.

PS. Thanks a LOT.

Ultimatix
10 Aug 2009, 20:52
A new Worms Armageddon Version without these many Bugs would be nice. This bugs make Worms Armageddon untasteable sometimes

CyberShadow
10 Aug 2009, 21:46
Many known bugs and issues have been fixed for the next Beta version.