5 Aug 2009, 14:54
720 soundbanks so far http://wsbdb.org/soundbanks.tgz

if anyone sees any duplicates or finds more soundbanks post it here

Gnork
6 Aug 2009, 13:56
enough? :p

b1llygo4t
6 Aug 2009, 14:31
o0, can you upload? i have a few not on that list.

Gnork
6 Aug 2009, 15:54
0o sounds U got sum banks which I don't have then :p

meh, gimme a site where i can upload a 1.5Gb rarfile.....

we could use some kind of wormsspeechdatabase.org or something, unfortunately wsdb.org is already in use hahaha

franpa
6 Aug 2009, 16:18
Split it into 15~ parts and www.mediafire.com

MihaiS_v2
6 Aug 2009, 17:48
meh, gimme a site where i can upload a 1.5Gb rarfile.....

http://www.filezzz.com/

Upload single file (up to 10 GIGABYTES single file!):

or

Upload multiple files (no more 2 GB per file):

but

Uploading of illegal content is prohibited!

franpa: 0
me: 1

Gnork
6 Aug 2009, 22:26
dumdidum uploading 519 soundbanks... vn it won't tell any status, so I don't have a clue how long it will take. filesize 965Mb, I used best compression on winrar so it will take about half an hour at least to unpack this file on a standard Pentium 4 2Ghz without Ht or dual cores and stuff... upside: without compression you would have had to download 600Mb more. this file is a beast, but a must have :p

link: http://www.filezzz.com/download/162258/Speech.rar.html

MihaiS_v2
6 Aug 2009, 23:29
dumdidum uploading 519 soundbanks... vn it won't tell any status, so I don't have a clue how long it will take.

Networx: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

The best free real-time bandwidth monitor. It won't build a status bar for you, but at least you'll be able too see how much you're uploading.

The utility is also good to see if stuff gets in or out of your computer when you're idling.

I use it with a log monitor for detecting activity on my apache server, but it is good in almost any circumstance. If you have 2 screens, keep it on the second screen- it's a treat.

Here's an example: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9944/snagy09m08d07h01m26s52.png
(screen shot from my laptop dedicated to web activity)

Gnork
6 Aug 2009, 23:48
blabla huge network tool for some simple stats 0o

go here - you'll love it http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Network/nsl/Freeware.htm xD

MihaiS_v2
7 Aug 2009, 05:10
I had NetStat before NetWorx - I can't compare the features. One of the great tools provided for free by AnalogX is the proxy tool, which gets its ass kicked by CCProxy (the best proxy server software with a decent GUI, but it's not free).

b1llygo4t
7 Aug 2009, 09:31
wow 3 hours lol. ill upload what i have that you dont later, gnork. we do need a database.

you know what would be cool is a module that would temporarily download from other players the soundbank they are using

MihaiS_v2
7 Aug 2009, 11:10
Use IDM for the best downloading results.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2266/billygoatnoob.png

And thanks, Gnorkx!

Gnork
7 Aug 2009, 11:21
wow 3 hours lol. ill upload what i have that you dont later, gnork. we do need a database.

Yea I asked about that already and it turned out FFie has already registered a nice site for it. When there is time of course xD

b1llygo4t
7 Aug 2009, 12:03
**** yes :)

Gnork
7 Aug 2009, 13:38
To say it once more - having a lot of speech banks really creates a huge additional fun factor for the game! So I encourage everyone to download as many speech banks as you can, starting with this 'basic' set of 500+ (link above)

@ billy -> where are your banks :p Could you rar the ones which were not in this pack?

MihaiS_v2
7 Aug 2009, 13:46
So I encourage everyone to download as many speech banks as you can, starting with this 'basic' set of 500+ (link above)

Yeah! http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs35/f/2008/291/f/e/_shakehockeystick__by_Helen_Baq.gif A thread like this (not this one) should be turned into a sticky so it can stick to people's minds like a walking stick sticking to his owner.

b1llygo4t
7 Aug 2009, 17:32
@ billy -> where are your banks :p Could you rar the ones which were not in this pack?

on Laptop atm. left home with 500 sb dling with an hour and a half left. ill upload sometime today

edit:: i edited first post with links to 2 sites with soundbanks, gnorks upload, and all the banks i have that he doesnt

Gnork
8 Aug 2009, 21:02
bla bla i have that he doesnt

not for long xD

b1llygo4t
9 Aug 2009, 12:45
will you re-upload after your done sorting through those? :p

[UFP]Ghost
9 Aug 2009, 16:33
Downloading the pack of ones he doesn't have but I also have ones that both of you don't have as my total at the moment is 645. about 50 of which I got from gnork which I didn't have.

Edit: after the download I have a total of 669.

Gnork
10 Aug 2009, 10:17
Ghost;701857']Downloading the pack of ones he doesn't have but I also have ones that both of you don't have as my total at the moment is 645. about 50 of which I got from gnork which I didn't have.

Edit: after the download I have a total of 669.

Would you mind sending the 150 missing ones in a rar to filezzz.com ? :P

[UFP]Ghost
11 Aug 2009, 12:49
sure but it might have to wait a few days. one thing though. Can you do me 2 things.
1. If you know, post what the command is to have windows give a list of all the files in a folder.
2. Post a list of all your soundbanks using said command.

Gnork
11 Aug 2009, 14:48
Ghost;701940']sure but it might have to wait a few days. one thing though. Can you do me 2 things.
1. If you know, post what the command is to have windows give a list of all the files in a folder.
2. Post a list of all your soundbanks using said command.

1. dir /A:D > lst.txt

arg what's the smiley doing in a CODE quote.......

dir /a : d > lst.txt

2. (see dirlst.txt above, i updated it already)

[UFP]Ghost
11 Aug 2009, 22:42
Done.
http://www.filezzz.com/download/166671/Joe%27s%20Extra%20Soundbanks.rar.html

A few less than I said about 12 empty folders/not soundbanks :p

Gnork
12 Aug 2009, 13:40
tyvm :p

seems it's a total of 654 banks now, woahhh xD

[UFP]Ghost
13 Aug 2009, 05:02
got 1 more :\. I'll upload it later. I probably have more. I have like thousands of rar'd crap on my computer thats related to wa. Just to lazy to sort through ti most of the time.

[UFP]Ghost
14 Aug 2009, 13:07
Here you go:
http://www.box.net/shared/fqfs492zxo

And just a bit of knowledge for you. You know Joe's Soundbank. I'm Joe. Well Dan (AF1xRedneck) made me a soundbank when he started becoming inactive because I asked him ^^ so that it would fill the void of teamspeak. The more you know.

b1llygo4t
27 Sep 2009, 15:46
heres a few more

http://d1ksqu4d.webs.com/soundbanks.htm

gnork could i get ya to upload your soundbanks folder again?

FFie
27 Sep 2009, 22:20
Here (http://wsbdb.org/soundbanks.tgz) you go. I think it has all of them so far :p Plus some that I added.

It's in a tgz because I didn't want to have to upload the whole thing again and tarring it was more convenient. You can extract it with Total Commander, 7zip, etc...

b1llygo4t
27 Sep 2009, 23:49
thank you FFie, and yay @ open source

i<3worms:)
7 Oct 2009, 09:02
Thanks for all the soundbanks guys, am downloading the first file by b1llygo4t right now, does that have all the soundbanks included in later files or are they different? Another question, can i extract the zipped file straight to WA/user/speech directory ??

b1llygo4t
7 Oct 2009, 12:10
yep thats the most recent compilation. you should be able to extract right into the speech folder. btw its 6.26 gigs. cant wait for that speechbank website...

9 Oct 2009, 10:10
yep thats the most recent compilation. you should be able to extract right into the speech folder. btw its 6.26 gigs. cant wait for that speechbank website...

There is going to be a speechbank website?? That would be awesome :D and the file i am downloading is less than 2GB, its the first post..

franpa
9 Oct 2009, 10:48
Billygoat was probably talking about the decompressed size.

Muzer
9 Oct 2009, 23:19
Yeah, WAVs really suck. W:A should use FLAC or OGG or something and forcibly convert all sound banks into it, no exceptions :p

b1llygo4t
11 Oct 2009, 11:11
second that notion

12 Oct 2009, 15:27
I have a question, when using the user sound banks, will my opponent be able to hear them too?

franpa
12 Oct 2009, 15:43
Only if they have the same one installed on there PC and it is installed the same way. Otherwise they just hear a default sound bank for the region they have set in Windows.

12 Oct 2009, 17:14
Only if they have the same one installed on there PC and it is installed the same way. Otherwise they just hear a default sound bank for the region they have set in Windows.

Thats not very good then :( any chance that this will change in future updates?

Muzer
12 Oct 2009, 17:21
I think there were discussions of having sound banks being downloaded an option (both the host and client would have to enable it), but only when they were transferred into a better compression format. Also, it would download them on the fly in order of occurance once the game had started.

12 Oct 2009, 19:33
I think there were discussions of having sound banks being downloaded an option (both the host and client would have to enable it), but only when they were transferred into a better compression format. Also, it would download them on the fly in order of occurance once the game had started.

Well, hope there could be a better work around still..

Muzer
12 Oct 2009, 19:41
Well, hope there could be a better work around still..
I'm sorry, but how could there possibly be a better workaround than that? What, you want the sound banks to be magically transferred via high-speed wizardry to the person's computer?

CyberShadow
12 Oct 2009, 20:14
It's possible to implement a WormKit module to do this, but everyone would need to have it...

MihaiS_v2
12 Oct 2009, 20:25
What, you want the sound banks to be magically transferred via high-speed wizardry to the person's computer?

Yes, using an identifier string and one or more commercial servers or anything that can feed files at high speed so you do not have to download at the other people's crappy upload speed. (lag-free)

Each created sound-bank could have a unique ID once uploaded to the server.

You could type in that ID in a field provided on the team settings panel- this way the other clients will know what sound-bank you are using.

When the game starts, each client automatically starts to load the missing sound-banks based on that ID.

This way you just upload your sound-bank to the server and get your unique ID, or browse through the available ones and chose the desired (that may have descriptions, low-quality previews, or may be download-able with provided instructions).

So people do not have to worry about having the correct files in the correct place with the correct file/folder name... because it's all done automatically.

Of course, unique IDs may be sound-bank clones or have minor modifications, but that's not an issue.

And there could be implemented a file checking system, that limits the compilation to a certain dimension, checks the number of files, format... etc so the uploader doesn't upload huge or broken compilations.

Muzer
12 Oct 2009, 21:05
commercial servers
And I suppose you're going to pay for such a service and the large bandwidth it would need?

Anyway, no point in Unique IDs, just get the md5sum of it (and just in case you're worried about a coincidental match, take an sha1sum too). That way you don't have to manually enter a long string of characters.

Muzer
12 Oct 2009, 21:14
It's possible to implement a WormKit module to do this, but everyone would need to have it...
Not quite everyone; presumably you could do it with just the person with the sound bank, the host, and the person who wants it (if they aren't the host). Or you could skip the host if you made it connect directly or through a proxy, but that would require a person with a different port forwarded or a lot of bandwidth...

MihaiS_v2
13 Oct 2009, 12:05
And I suppose you're going to pay for such a service and the large bandwidth it would need?

I said commercial servers OR anything that can feed files at high speed, and there are a lot of free services that could be used for this.

Anyway, no point in Unique IDs, just get the md5sum of it (and just in case you're worried about a coincidental match, take an sha1sum too).

How would that help if the same sound-bank is unnoticeable altered? Files that sound the same can have different digital footprints. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with loading slightly altered soundbanks.

That way you don't have to manually enter a long string of characters.

You wouldn't have to enter sdfa234blk132123k26nb12 you know. Having a 6 digits string would do the job. The unique ID would only represent an index.

Muzer
13 Oct 2009, 12:10
I said commercial servers OR anything that can feed files at high speed, and there are a lot of free services that could be used for this.

Not automated ones; they usually have some kind of Captcha and I doubt anyone's up to the task of writing a Captcha cracker...

And ones that can use automated things usually have massive space limitations, or terms and conditions that don't allow this kind of thing.

How would that help if the same sound-bank is unnoticeable altered? Files that sound the same can have different digital footprints. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with loading slightly altered soundbanks.

I never said it would, I'm just saying it would be more convenient. Who in their right minds is going to open somebody else's soundbank, re-encode all the sound files into a slightly different bitrate, and use it?

You wouldn't have to enter sdfa234blk132123k26nb12 you know. Having a 6 digits string would do the job. The unique ID would only represent an index.

But an automagically-generated md5sum would be a lot easier to use.

b1llygo4t
13 Oct 2009, 19:19

if people didint have it would it cause desyncs?

Muzer
13 Oct 2009, 19:35
if people didint have it would it cause desyncs?
Not if it was implemented decently.

CyberShadow
13 Oct 2009, 19:48
You'd have to be a pretty lousy programmer to implement something like this that would cause desyncs. Soundbanks aren't checksummed.

b1llygo4t
13 Oct 2009, 19:52
woot. i hope someone makes one.

adogpoobig
9 Jun 2012, 13:04
The alien voice (high pithed backwards one) I made that! :D