PDA

View Full Version : Special weapon turn delay

Cosmitz
30 Jul 2009, 12:49
Hey people,
I've been playing WA and enjoying WA with some friends for a while now, and as time went on, i've been balancing and improving the gameplay experiance by making a balanced scheme file. But recently i've got into a hitch on how to "balance" the HHG.

I can't turn down the explode radius without decreasing it's power, so i decided to atleast give it earlier. The problem i'm having is that i can't seem to control what turn delay the special weapons have. I want to give it earlier, say turn 1-2, but modifying the scheme file will not affect the special weapon. And while we're on the subject, how can i change the starting ammo for the Mad Cows special wep?

I think thee might be hard-coded in, similarily to how much ammo of something you get per crate and stuff like that. Any help whould be appreciated, and yes, i'm using both SchemeEddy and SchemeWorks.

Melon
30 Jul 2009, 14:40
The "team weapons" like Mad Cows and the HHG and homing pigeons etc. can't be changed if the scheme is set so that the players are allowed to bring in their choice of "team weapon". If you want to change their properties then you'll need to disable that option. If the option is turned on, then the crate chance, power, delay and ammo of each weapon is overridden.

Cosmitz
30 Jul 2009, 15:33
Thanks for the quick reply. But that's too bad :'( I'll just have to see how else to balance it out.. Thanks :)

Shirdel
5 Aug 2009, 09:40
Are you using the normal W:A Scheme Editor? If so, you don't know what you're missing.
http://www.blamethepixel.com/filedownload.php?id=2828