PDA

View Full Version : Editing WAM files

amcclave
29 Jul 2009, 04:19
Hey just bought this game after losing it many years ago. I'm having trouble editing the wam files to the missions. I beat this game already and there's one or two levels that I hate and don't want to have to beat again. I thought you used to be able to edit the weapons you started missions with by opening a .wam file in wordpad or notepad. When I open it with those programs it is a bunch of gibberish and I can't change anything. Is there any other program i should use?

One of two things may be causing this, i guess i should mention. I have the trymedia version and i'm running vista. It might be the perfect storm.

CyberShadow
29 Jul 2009, 08:18
Firstly, we don't support TryMedia versions here, just the CD versions. But I can only guess that the .wam files are not editable because they are encrypted due to TryMedia's DRM.

Muzer
30 Jul 2009, 23:52
I believe that is accurate, it happens in any Trymedia game wit supposedly editable content.

And if you could do that in your old game, you were either:

* Pirating it (but well done on buying it in the end, even if you did get the downloadable version)
* Making a CD image of it (which you might still have, take a look on your hard drive)
* Misremembering (plenty of sites contain this tip because the people who wrote them were pirating it)
* Wasting a lot of CD-Rs...