PDA

View Full Version : Sound Bank Trouble

KotaTobenn
29 Jul 2009, 01:34
I made a custom sound bank for my copy of W:A, I spent 30 minutes recording my voice using Audacity. I change the voice of my team to my soundbank, and press the button next to it to check, and I can hear the voice bytes working properly. But when I start a battle, all my worms are mute. I tested it with other sound banks that I downloaded, they don't work either. The only one that works is the English soundbank. Is there something wrong? Or did I do something wrong

Muzer
30 Jul 2009, 23:48
I seem to remember there used to be a bug yonks ago that kept coming back whereby only the first team would have a custom sound bank, and the others would all get the default one. Do any of the teams you're playing against have a custom sound bank? I believe this bug has been fixed, but just make sure.

Also, are the sounds the right format? I believe there are certain frequencies they have to be. I can't remember them off-hand, so have a look on the wiki, or if that fails, have a look at the format of the default ones (I believe sound recorder tells you if you go file --> properties, though not the Vista one)

SithlordDK
31 Jul 2009, 13:04
Here's the File Format http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28551

But Worms does accept 44 Khz, stereo, 8bit files too...