PDA

View Full Version : Context menu items & Wormkit

soustruh
28 Jul 2009, 23:06
Hi, here is what my problem is:

- I'm using Windows 7 and in order to gt proper colours in WA, I need to use Wormkit and wkColorFix.
- I need to replay games so that I could record videos.
- If I select that I want my replays to be opened by wormkit.exe, I lose all of the context menu items until I re-associate .wagame back to wa.exe.

Any ideas? O:-)

CyberShadow
29 Jul 2009, 08:22
After you change the associations, you'll need to edit the permissions of the registry key to prevent W:A from reassociating the replays with itself. Check the instructions on the "Shell Extension" page here: http://worms.thecybershadow.net/misc/

GreeN
29 Jul 2009, 08:25
"wormkit.exe" /dir "C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon" /getvideo "%1"

CS' idea is better

soustruh
29 Jul 2009, 08:27
Well, I don't have problems with wa.exe stealing the associations, I just have no entries (Playback at, Export Log etc.) in the context menu after associating .wagame files to wormkit.exe (not even after running).

When I manually reassociate them with wa.exe and run wa.exe once, they all get created...

"wormkit.exe" /dir "C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon" /getvideo "%1"

What exactly should this do? I just get this error:
Failed to start W:A + Wormkit. Check that you have administrator privileges and that all DLLs are in place.

Of course I have admin privileges and that DLLs are in place, as it's possible to run wormkit normally. (And of course I changed the path to my one.) ;-)

franpa
29 Jul 2009, 08:33
you need to edit a registry entry so that wormkit.exe has the context menu's afaik.

search the registry for the term .wagame

CyberShadow
29 Jul 2009, 11:00
The command line GreeN posted is incorrect. soustruh: if you want to preserve all menu items, then associating a replay with WormKit.exe will not allow you to achieve this. You will need to edit all HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Team17.WAgame\shell subkeys, and prepend the full path to WormKit.exe (in double quotes if it contains spaces) to the command lines. After that, you should edit the key's permissions to prevent W:A from modifying it.

soustruh
29 Jul 2009, 11:05
OK, I see the point now. :-) Thanks.

Evil
14 Feb 2010, 07:37
Thanks for the info. This was useful to me as well.

However... any chances to have this task done by software?

A WormKit module maybe?

wowwow
15 Sep 2010, 01:03
After that, you should edit the key's permissions to prevent W:A from modifying it.

How can i do that?

pisto
15 Sep 2010, 09:11
there's a module called wkPathOverride which does the registry trick everytime you boot wa.
http://worms2d.info/WkPathOverride