PDA

View Full Version : worms 4 mayhem luncher problem

jelly worm
28 Jul 2009, 08:47
cood somebody help me when I click the worms 4 mayhem deskopt icon the luncher opens but it says install not play and I've already installed the game and when I click install nothing happends will you please help me:(!!!!!!

ps: I did not download the game I bought the game and whe I first bought it then cood play the game but now I cant and I've tried to uninstall it and install it aigain and I only used the cd to install the game I never used him when I was playing

dzani
28 Jul 2009, 23:15
1.Check C:/Program Files/Codemasters/Worms 4 Mayhem/ - If directory exists check files inside. If there is Worms4 click on it.
The icon looks like this.

You should be able to play over that.

If files are missing delete whole directory and continue reading step 2.
2. Go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs- Find Worms 4 Mayhem and Uninstall. Put your Game CD and install The game on another location ( not C:/Program Files/ Codemasters but C:/Program Files/Worms 4 - or something) and you should be able to play.

3. Good Luck : )

jelly worm
29 Jul 2009, 15:45
1.Check C:/Program Files/Codemasters/Worms 4 Mayhem/ - If directory exists check files inside. If there is Worms4 click on it.

2. Go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs- Find Worms 4 Mayhem and Uninstall. Put your Game CD and install The game on another location ( not C:/Program Files/ Codemasters but C:/Program Files/Worms 4 - or something) and you should be able to play.

do I have to remove my saved games

jelly worm
29 Jul 2009, 16:03

I dont have 32609 in the directory I looked everywere

dzani
29 Jul 2009, 16:09
So if you can't see this 32611
and you are missing the circled file, it is most likely that your Worms 4 Folder is corrupted and missing some files.
Can you tell me what files and folders can you see? Take a screenshot and upload or just write a list.
I think you will have to delete remaining files and folders that are there and install game again (try installing to different folder).

Also, after installing the game , and before doing anything else, download this patch for worms 4 ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WormsMayhemPATCHv1.01.exe and try to access game after you installed patch.

jelly worm
29 Jul 2009, 17:56
So if you can't see this 32611
and you are missing the circled file, it is most likely that your Worms 4 Folder is corrupted and missing some files.
Can you tell me what files and folders can you see? Take a screenshot and upload or just write a list.
I think you will have to delete remaining files and folders that are there and install game again (try installing to different folder).

Also, after installing the game , and before doing anything else, download this patch for worms 4 ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WormsMayhemPATCHv1.01.exe and try to access game after you installed patch.

well now the luncher says play but when I click play a program named starforce ( you know the protect in the directory) stops me to play the game do you know how to break it

Plasma
30 Jul 2009, 18:41
Umm... and what does the Starforce program say? Because that's the program that makes sure the game wasn't pirated and that there is a genuine DVD in the system. Its also against this forum's rules to talk about how to crack or bypass it, so you won't get an answer like that.

jelly worm
30 Jul 2009, 19:09
Umm... and what does the Starforce program say? Because that's the program that makes sure the game wasn't pirated and that there is a genuine DVD in the system. Its also against this forum's rules to talk about how to crack or bypass it, so you won't get an answer like that.

then what shood I do to play worms 4 mayhem

jelly worm
30 Jul 2009, 19:22
OMG THIS STUBID ****ING GAME IS MAKING ME CRAZY WHAT AM I SUPOSE TO DO TO PLAY THIS GAME OMGOMGOMG THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO I'VE TRYIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WORKS AND OF ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE HOLE WORLD WHY ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad:

jelly worm
30 Jul 2009, 19:28

ITS BECAUSE MAY GAME HAS A VIRUS IN HIM SELF AND THE VIRUS IS Attachment 32609

Plasma
30 Jul 2009, 19:54
So... the game has a virus in "him", and the virus is... Worms4Mayhem?

Right, lets try again: What does the StarForce program say when it refuses to let you run the game?

Muzer
31 Jul 2009, 00:16
If you're running on Vista or with a new DVD drive, I believe you have to install a StarForce driver (you'll find it on the StarForce website (if you can't find that you need to learn how to use google)) to get it to work.

If it still doesn't work, ensure the DVD is in good condition.

jelly worm
31 Jul 2009, 13:13
So... the game has a virus in "him", and the virus is... Worms4Mayhem?

Right, lets try again: What does the StarForce program say when it refuses to let you run the game?

it says error internal error when accessing one of the application's libraries. contant your support. error code: 1275

Muzer
31 Jul 2009, 13:37
Read my previous post in this thread.

jelly worm
3 Aug 2009, 13:08
now I know what is wrong its my virus protection that always delets Attachment 32609 so I cant play it

Muzer
3 Aug 2009, 13:24
Get rid of your virus scanner, it's obviously rubbish. Well, as long as you have an original (non-pirated) copy, Wors 4 Mayhem is not a virus.

jelly worm
3 Aug 2009, 13:58
Get rid of your virus scanner, it's obviously rubbish. Well, as long as you have an original (non-pirated) copy, Wors 4 Mayhem is not a virus.

ok I'll do that