PDA

View Full Version : Small question about purchasing Worms Armageddon

i<3worms:)
26 Jul 2009, 22:17
Hii
Can you please tell me if i should buy it off Team 17 store or wait for a Steam release, i also saw that for WWP users a package is also planned which would enable us to play WA through our WWP CD..anyone know its ETA as i have WWP so it would much more convenient for me do it this way:)
So i have three options, please help chose!
1..Buy it now
2..Wait for Steam release as it will be with updates
3..Wait for the possible WWP package

Plasma
26 Jul 2009, 23:23
There isn't actually any plans to bring Worms Armageddon to Steam at the moment, they're just considering it.
And the WWP/WA merge is... a very far way off.
Get it from Team17 Store. Besides, it costs barely anything anyway.

CyberShadow
27 Jul 2009, 00:09
And the WWP/WA merge is... a very far way off.It is not.

I recommend that you wait for a little while longer.

yakuza
27 Jul 2009, 09:30
It is not.

http://suburbia.org.uk/media/images/yay-new-shoes.jpg

27 Jul 2009, 09:30
It is not.

I recommend that you wait for a little while longer.

Alright thanks for the heads up! I presume that package would be available via Steam?

CyberShadow
27 Jul 2009, 09:47
The W:A and WWP merge isn't going to be quite what was expected. Instead, people with WWP CDs will be able to download a free package that contains W:A files not present on the WWP CD, and play W:A with their WWP CD.

27 Jul 2009, 10:16
The W:A and WWP merge isn't going to be quite what was expected. Instead, people with WWP CDs will be able to download a free package that contains W:A files not present on the WWP CD, and play with their WWP CD.

Thanks for the information=), look forward to the release of the package soon as it is very diificult to get some good games due to my WWP game being laggy and because of fewer players=(

M.Penguin
29 Jul 2009, 17:13
The W:A and WWP merge isn't going to be quite what was expected. Instead, people with WWP CDs will be able to download a free package that contains W:A files not present on the WWP CD, and play with their WWP CD.

...so does this mean world party will be the superior game now?

Roboslob
29 Jul 2009, 17:47
...so does this mean world party will be the superior game now?

Nope. It means WWP online is even more screwed. What happens is using WWP's CD you will be able to play W:A and all the features it has. Hopefuly wormpot will show up with next update, but I'm not holding my breath.

29 Jul 2009, 18:22
Nope. It means WWP online is even more screwed. What happens is using WWP's CD you will be able to play W:A and all the features it has. Hopefuly wormpot will show up with next update, but I'm not holding my breath.
Well, why would you be concerned about that when you are getting W:A which is a superior game and has better online service and compatibilty for newer systems..

Roboslob
29 Jul 2009, 20:46
Well, why would you be concerned about that when you are getting W:A which is a superior game and has better online service and compatibilty for newer systems..

I'm not concrened. I have W:A, M.penjuin thought that this would make WWP better than W:A. It will not. Realy, the only thing that WWP has the W:A doesn't is wormpot. Fairly certain I read somewhere that Deadcode/Cybershadow are planning on adding WormPot to W:A, thus completly removing any need for WWP. What I said was: Since WWP players would be able to play W:A with their WWP cd's, the few who stick with WWP for wormpot will have a MUCH more difficult time finding games, due to more people switching to W:A, much like I did some time ago.

29 Jul 2009, 21:15
I see what you mean but i already have trouble in finding good games on WWP plus it lags very badly on my XP computer so i think it will be great to have W:A now which has a larger community and has been made compatible for newer windows:)

franpa
30 Jul 2009, 02:26
What happens is using WWP's CD you will be able to play W:A and all the features it has.
Is this what you mean Cybershadow? surely WWP players retain access to WWP missions and custom missions made in the mission editor etc. right? will it retain a seperate Frontend to W:A?

CyberShadow
30 Jul 2009, 05:45
There will be no merging of game content in the foreseeable future. If you want to play with WormPot, WWP missions or WormNET2, just keep using WWP. W:A with a WWP CD will run just like W:A with a W:A CD (except it will use the somewhat-different WWP soundtrack). The new scheme format, expected to be introduced later in 3.x (but not in the next Beta), will contain most options that WWP's WormPot provided, and many others.

30 Jul 2009, 10:43
There will be no merging of game content in the foreseeable future. If you want to play with WormPot, WWP missions or WormNET2, just keep using WWP. W:A with a WWP CD will run just like W:A with a W:A CD (except it will use the somewhat-different WWP soundtrack). The new scheme format, expected to be introduced later in 3.x (but not in the next Beta), will contain most options that WWP's WormPot provided, and many others.

So can we expect this in the next beta? Any ETA would be great:)

Muzer
30 Jul 2009, 23:59
Well, as CyberShadow said/implied, the playing-WA-with-a-WWP CD will come in the next beta (unless something unexpected delays it massively or something, but I hardly see that happening) (and no, we don't know an ETA, just "when it's done"), but using WWP features in WA will not (but it WILL be before 4.0).

M.Penguin
31 Jul 2009, 14:13
well, i guess world party is screwed then. :3

franpa
31 Jul 2009, 14:25
well, i guess world party is screwed then. :3
Elaborate.

Wormetti
31 Jul 2009, 17:37
Elaborate.

Almost every WWP player who didn't already have WA will be playing WA with their WWP cd, so WWP will be neglected :P

31 Jul 2009, 17:40
I am a WWP player and i agree, i wont be going back to WWP once i get W:A.

Roboslob
1 Aug 2009, 07:07
I am a WWP player and i agree, i wont be going back to WWP once i get W:A.

That was me a while back, I only had WWP, but when I got W:A off e-bay for the low-low price of somewhere around $3.50 canadian with shipping, and have never gone back to WWP.

b1llygo4t
2 Aug 2009, 02:33
why is there any concern over wwp being basically abandoned? im happy that 2 communities will be forced to merge. wwp would have probably been just an update to wa, or have never existed, if it wasnt for deamcast anyway.

Wormetti
2 Aug 2009, 09:04
I don't think anyone is seriously concerned, just stating a fact and saying goodbye.

b1llygo4t
2 Aug 2009, 09:30
i think my scratched and cigarette burnt wwp will receive a proper burial when that happens, instead of sitting at the bottom of a burn disc spindle

2 Aug 2009, 11:57
i think my scratched and cigarette burnt wwp will receive a proper burial when that happens, instead of sitting at the bottom of a burn disc spindle

Look on the brighter side of things, W:A will have even more players when this happens!!

kellykel
2 Aug 2009, 15:04
Will you be able to make weapons with worm x and fiddler after this?!?!

Muzer
2 Aug 2009, 17:29
When you play W:A (after installing the program), yes (well, you will with Project X, not The Fiddler since you'd need an old version of W:A for that which wouldn't work with the WWP CD)

kellykel
2 Aug 2009, 17:56
Cool. Lol Lol.

Will you be able to play wwp still?

2 Aug 2009, 18:30
Cool. Lol Lol.

Will you be able to play wwp still?

Of course:o

kellykel
2 Aug 2009, 18:32
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! This is the best day ever!!!!!!!!

13 Aug 2009, 03:33
Sorry to bump this thread but just wanted to ask if we would be able to play W:A without the WWP CD or do we need to have the CD in all the time, i ask this because my WWP CD is scratched, i know we can create ISO file for WWP but i never tried it because my WWP game is very laggy on my XP PC:(

CyberShadow
13 Aug 2009, 04:28
You will need to have a WWP CD, otherwise anyone would be able to play W:A for free.

13 Aug 2009, 04:56
You will need to have a WWP CD, otherwise anyone would be able to play W:A for free.

Alright, thanks for the reply:)

kellykel
14 Aug 2009, 12:57
Hmh... will it come out this month? I hope so!

14 Aug 2009, 15:58
Hmh... will it come out this month? I hope so!

Id like to know that too CyberShadow!! Please, because i dont have any playable Worms game at the moment:(, another thing i would like to ask is if we will get a separate icon for W:A because i dont want to run it from inside WWP as it lags all the way.

robowurmz
14 Aug 2009, 16:11
You won't be running WWP: you will be running W:A, with its updates.

franpa
14 Aug 2009, 16:17
using the W:A front-end.

14 Aug 2009, 16:29
great, only now if CyberShadow can give us an ETA!

kellykel
15 Aug 2009, 15:42
Cmon tell us now tell us now!!!!

kellykel
16 Aug 2009, 19:20
I am probably going to get this http://www.amazon.com/Worms-2-Armageddon-PC/dp/B000E23XNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1250446387&sr=8-1 if it is there still.

CyberShadow
16 Aug 2009, 19:37
Why pay more (https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=detail&skuid=79)?

kellykel
17 Aug 2009, 02:38
Actually I think it costs more. Im in america. :D

17 Aug 2009, 03:31
And i am going to get this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Worms-Double-Pack-2-Armageddon-PC-Game-CD-ROM-New_W0QQitemZ350196300406QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_ Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item5189537a76&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:)

kellykel
18 Aug 2009, 02:33
Ok, I got one so close to my house on ebay! It costed 12$ total! 7.26 in pounds! That is with shipping!

18 Aug 2009, 08:57
Ok, I got one so close to my house on ebay! It costed 12$ total! 7.26 in pounds! That is with shipping!

Congrats man!! You still getting Worms 2 Armageddon yea? Cant wait for it:D

kellykel
18 Aug 2009, 14:10
I'll see. I wish they would make it look like wwp, wa, and w2 though.