PDA

View Full Version : can someone make a big cannon map please?

M.Penguin
25 Jul 2009, 18:13
hello. could someone do me a favour and do this map for me?

what i want the map to be, is this really big cannon that can send you really far. but i cant make maps, im too crap to do them :(

but this cannon is different. the cannon is described as below. there is also a replay file to go with it. could someone make this map for me please? theres muffins for someone if they do it for me :3

note: teststuff lets your worm go extremely fast.

MrBunsy
25 Jul 2009, 20:45
If you can plan it out with that much detail, why can't you just make it? :confused:

Plasma
25 Jul 2009, 20:47
I'm also rather confused as to what's so hard to make about it anyway. You even did it in The Plan.

GreeN
25 Jul 2009, 21:36
I have to throw this out there; What is the point of this "scheme"?

If it's for experimental purpouses only, then open MS Paint and draw yourself a crappy template :P

M.Penguin
25 Jul 2009, 23:07
i dunno, i just wanted fairly decent one, i have no idea how to make them, to point where i cant open my maps in the png place.

i put them in the saved levels folder but it just says theres a error. :|

MihaiS_v2
25 Jul 2009, 23:20
Do some research. http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/035/a/3/Zomgwtf_Smiley_by_RC28Leo.gif

raffie
26 Jul 2009, 11:00
http://www.wmdb.org/6512

mb777
27 Jul 2009, 03:34
This link tells you all you need to know:

http://worms2d.info/Colour_map

Note the following....

* the width and height of a map must be divisible by 8;
* a cavern map may now be up to 32512 pixels wide and 32600 pixels tall;
* an island is limited to being 28416 pixels wide and 30552 pixels tall;
* the minimum map size is 640×32 pixels.

Muzer
30 Jul 2009, 23:45
And of course, you'll need to know how to fix M$'s crappy PNG pallette handling. Unless W:A does that automatically now.

MihaiS_v2
31 Jul 2009, 14:36
M$'s crappy PNG pallette handling.

Or do it on £inux. That will turn Muzer into one happy user.

Muzer
31 Jul 2009, 16:47
The whole point in putting the $ in M$ is that Micro$oft are interested in nothing but money. Putting a £ in Linux makes no sense, for these reasons:

* Linux isn't a company, it's a piece of software made by nobody in particular (though it was started by Linus Torvalds and some of the developers are paid by the non-profit Linux Foundation)
* Money isn't the only thing that most Linux-based companies are after. The Linux Foundation is non-profit, many distributions are completely non-profit (eg Debian), the distributions that are commercial usually have other motives (eg Canonical isn't making as much money with Ubuntu as they could be if they made the server version commercial)

GreeN
31 Jul 2009, 19:11
He'll enjoy that reply

MihaiS_v2
31 Jul 2009, 19:57
The whole point in putting the $ in M$ is that Micro$oft are interested in nothing but money.

I totally agree! I used the £ symbol for aesthetics purpose. Doesn't it look like a penguin? By no means I was trying to say that Linux people can make money, even if they wanted to.

robowurmz
31 Jul 2009, 20:48
It does! It does look like a penguin!
£
See, there's the beak, and the line in the middle is the flipper!
:D

Muzer
1 Aug 2009, 23:45
Oh YEAH!

That's awesome :p

(And yes, Canonical, Red Hat, and whoever owns SuSE make quite a bit of money)