PDA

View Full Version : 3 Problems With W: A =/

wfus
20 Jul 2009, 14:32
Hey!

I'll get straight to it.

1) Schemes Problem

Well, when i try to make a scheme both in the multiplayer screen and the options screen, a message appears saying: "Error: Could not create Scheme file". :-/ Anyone got any ideas what's happening here, and how i can fix this?

2) Teams Problem

Same as above (in both screens), but no message. The game isn't saving my custom teams either. :-/

3) Graphics Problem

Basically, the whole landscape sometimes goes in all odd colours, like the sky going in a rainbow of colours. Or i load the game up and the menus are like that. Or after the game works perfectly fine for one match, i return to the screen and it's like this. I also can't take screenshots of the game. :-/ Solutions?

Information

Windows Vista Home Basic
Intel GMA X3100 (384MB)
DirectX Version 10
I have the SoldOut version, which came with Worms 2 (brought from Game)
I've got the v3.6.29.0 update successfully installed
I'm using it without the disc
I've tried running it with both WormKit and Worms: Armageddon

I've tried the compatability modes for what the SoldOut version requires (98/Me/XP SP2) and none of them make a difference

Thanks alot, Dylan.

franpa
20 Jul 2009, 14:45
I'm using it without the disc
Elaborate.

wfus
20 Jul 2009, 14:48
I used CloneCD and Virtual CloneDrive, like explained here (http://www.worms2d.info/nocd).

franpa
20 Jul 2009, 15:01
Make sure you run the game as an Administrator to solve permission issues.

jsgnext
20 Jul 2009, 21:35
It looks like WA/User have not the permissons to create files in ur hard disk or folder....make sure u are using an administrator user and the WA folder isnt protected/blocked for permissons.
The color problem can be fixed with the "colorfix" wormkit module.

wfus
21 Jul 2009, 07:00
Where can i get that module from? And thanks.

Rioter
21 Jul 2009, 11:38
Its in this forum somewhere. I'd link you but that would take about two days on an iPod.

Search wkColorFix qnd it should appear

Muzer
21 Jul 2009, 14:13
For the not able to save problems: Either run W:A as an administrator (you can make it permanent in the properties), or install it in C:\Team17 rather than C:\Program Files

For the colour fix: What other people said.

wfus
21 Jul 2009, 21:42
I can save teams and schemes now. Where do i put those 2 colour fix files? Kuz if it's in the Worms Armageddon folder, it doesn't make a difference. :-/

Muzer
21 Jul 2009, 22:57
Download WormKit (in cybershadow's sig) and extract it to your W:A folder. Then, download wkColorFix, extract that into your W:A folder as well. Then, run wormkit.exe instead of wa.exe and it should work.

wfus
22 Jul 2009, 03:44
Ok removed WormKit and ColorFix, and got them back again. Everything worked the first time. Then it started again. :-/ One more question, since i know you can do this with the PSOne version. Can i mute the music, but still keep the sound effects and worm speech on?

Thanks. :)

Edit
It works every time with WormKit. Perhaps you were meant to type that? :p

franpa
22 Jul 2009, 03:51
Ambient sound in the games options = music only. Disable that to only get sound f.x and voices.

wfus
22 Jul 2009, 04:01
Thanks again. :D

Muzer
22 Jul 2009, 10:36
It works every time with WormKit. Perhaps you were meant to type that? http://forum.team17.co.uk/images/newsmilies/tongue.gif
Or maybe you just misread my post :p

wfus
23 Jul 2009, 09:21
Oh so i did. :D :p

Rioter
23 Jul 2009, 12:08
I think you need to use Wormkit to load the wkColourfix.dll file

Good suggestion :)