PDA

View Full Version : N64 Weapons Question

xX C64 Xx
19 Jul 2009, 03:54
I have been a bit confused recently, when I started playing Worms Armageddon for the Nintendo 64 again recently.

I remember in the past, having a whole bunch of weapons, such as the Banana Bomb, Air Strike, etc. But it seems that I dont have those weapons anymore. I do not know how to unlock them, and it would be nice if someone could put me on the right path to finding out the answer.

I've looked around on the internet, and sofar, all I've found is how to unlock things like an upgraded version of the longbow, etc. Yet, I don't even have that weapon to begin with.

So basically, all I have is basic weapons, and nothing special like air strike, banana bombs, and all the other fun weapons out there. I still have quite a few weapons, but just curious why I don't have as much weapons as I remember.

Thanks in advance.

Extremist2
19 Jul 2009, 05:07
I seem to recall unlocking weapons as I progressed though the campaign. I also found something to suggest that ranking up in deathmatch will also unlock weapons.

Sorry I can't be of more help. ;)

xX C64 Xx
19 Jul 2009, 08:22
Ya, currently I have won 35 matches and lost 35 matches in Deathmatch, with 505 kills. (I know, its not very good)

I am starting to work on missions(currently 6 or 7 completed) , in hopes that it too will help me gain more items, I didn't do this in the past because for some reason I kept on failing a mission without knowing why.

Thanks for your input, I will continue to do more single player.

If anyone else has input, all information is helpful :)

Thanks.

Shirdel
19 Jul 2009, 08:32
If you had Air-Strike as standard on the N64, and you don't now, then it's a bad bug.

xX C64 Xx
19 Jul 2009, 09:14
I don't have perfect memory, but basically, the main point I am getting at is I don't have access to the same weapons as I used to in the past.

I am sorry if my post is a bit... sketchy.... I've never been the best with wording things.

franpa
19 Jul 2009, 10:45
did you erase your savegame at some point?

xX C64 Xx
19 Jul 2009, 10:56
That may of been what happened, so I presume that I would need to play single player to open a lot more of the weapons?

Like, when I used to play this, I had access do a bigger variety of weapons, eg. banana bomb, air strike, napalm strike, moles, old lady, etc. That I have not yet seen while playing recently. It seems that what I am able to pick up, and what I have, is limited to what it used to be.

So basically, my conclusion is that I will need to do more missions, and more deathmatches.

Does that seem correct?

Thanks.

franpa
19 Jul 2009, 11:55
your conclusion seems logical. :)

M.Penguin
19 Jul 2009, 12:33
i have it on the n64!!

ill ry sort it out for you...

if your confusing it with the computer one, theres some weapons on the pc version of worms, not on the nintendo one.
if you go into the options menu, theres a set of shemes which you cant change, like normal, retro and stuff. I think if you get far enough into death mach you can unlock the super banana scheme, which is the best one and you can get the best weapons for each team.
if you go on death match and get to certaint points in it,you unlock super weapons for you team along the way, automaticly. your team gets to keeps these weapons in multiplayer or deathmatch no matter the scheme. the thing is when you unlock these for you team, they only work for your team only.
meanwhile, doing the missions you get things like the jetpack and low gravity for your team.

i think thats it really. hopefully i got it. :3

btw how do you get the spinning avatar like franpa has?

Muzer
19 Jul 2009, 13:33
Could it be that it saves onto a controller pak rather than the game itself? I don't have the game so I can't check, but that's a possibility if the publishers were cheapskates.

xX C64 Xx
19 Jul 2009, 22:02
It is saved to the game itself, just for the record.

Also, I found out that my game mode was "reduced to rubble" Which I presume means that my weapon selection wasn't quite as good.

I turned the mode to Normal and I started a multiplayer game, and saw that I started with an air strike, homing missle, and jet pack, which I didn't have with the one mode on.

Thank you everyone for your input, I will continue to do single player, because I know that it still earns you weapons (eg. i got upgraded to superstar rank, and got an extra super banana bomb)

:)