PDA

View Full Version : Graphical problems

FuzzyGrunt
17 Jul 2009, 21:17
Hey, I have Vista 64-bit. However, I seem to be able to only use the lowest screensettings in order to get good graphics (with other seetings the screen is all green and yellow) However, when using this screensetting the window just is way too small to properly use distance weapons like the bazooka or grenade. There are like 20 seetings avaiable so I would like to know if
a) is it possible to fix this problem (no, Im not going to deinstall Vista jsut for this game)
b) If anyone has Vista 64-bit too, then which screen settings apart from the worst one can I use and still have good graphics?

CyberShadow
18 Jul 2009, 01:09
Hi, please read the sticky threads before posting.

http://worms2d.info/Troubleshooting_FAQ#The_game_colours_get_all_messe d_up

FuzzyGrunt
18 Jul 2009, 09:54
So uhm, if Im right I have to use emulators for this? Still a weird problem though because it only happens sometimes, and it only happens with certain screen settings

CyberShadow
18 Jul 2009, 11:23
The link points to point 5.5 of the FAQ, "The game colours get all messed up". Did you read that section?

FuzzyGrunt
18 Jul 2009, 14:54
I made sure all Explorer windows were closed and it still didnt helped. Other things mentioned on that page didnt helped either

FuzzyGrunt
18 Jul 2009, 14:59
Anyway, I found out that an other screensetting (820x640 I think) works half of the time for me. Although it isnt the best screen setting, it at least works and now I can at least see more then 4 pixels

franpa
19 Jul 2009, 03:52
check for a palette.log file in your Worms Armageddon folder and open it with notepad. It should contain a list of programs screwing the games graphics up.

CyberShadow
19 Jul 2009, 05:03
I made sure all Explorer windows were closed and it still didnt helped. Other things mentioned on that page didnt helped eitherYou misinterpreted the answer. Closing Explorer windows is not the same as terminating the Explorer process. Explorer is also responsible for maintaining the task bar and desktop icons.