PDA

View Full Version : 1440 x 900 resolution?

Morgoth
8 Jul 2009, 23:17
Hello and good evening. I recently bought a sony vaio which has a resolution of 1440 x 900 and I am wondering if I can make it run in widescreen mode.

Now, I updated the game and I did not include the "downloadable" GFX old settings thing, as I was told here (sometime last year) .
I searched google and it says that its possible, and that I can do it from the game options screen. However I can't find the exact resolution available. The highest it can go is something like 1280x .

-1. Is there a way through ini or any other measure, to make the widescreen method available?

-2. Should I reinstall the patch with the downloadable content?
Thanks

CyberShadow
9 Jul 2009, 01:32
W:A simply lists the resolutions DirectX reports as being available.

Have you enabled any compatibility settings for W:A in the properties of WA.exe or a shortcut to it? Compatibility options are known to restrict the list of resolutions visible to the game.

franpa
9 Jul 2009, 01:34
The downloadable graphics content is new weapon icons and stuff, nothing to do with resolutions.

Morgoth
9 Jul 2009, 10:50
for some reason the screen went all weird on me (the wa screen) something like inverted colors. Sometimes it happens . I run compatibility mode and it seems ok now I guess. The res went up to 1330 something.

franpa
9 Jul 2009, 11:54
check the W:A forum for various solutions to the colour corruption bug in W:A 3.6.29.0 and older.

robowurmz
9 Jul 2009, 12:05
I am able to run in 1440 x 900, since this is the native resolution of my monitor: however, the resolution was in the list in the options. I'm not sure what your computer's problem may be.

Plasma
9 Jul 2009, 12:06
in W:A 3.6.29.0 and older.
Don't mind him, he's just ahead of his time.