the match begins and than disconnects

help me it drives me nuts

when others host i dont seem to get this problem

out of 10 games 2 only went wiout this problem

i have disabled the firewall it went, and than began again
i have installed a new firewall and no help either

MihaiS_v2
9 Jul 2009, 22:33
Since it's LAN and you're not going to play by yourself, have the others host the games.

Also, try weird stuff for LAN, like changing your LAN IP address, use VPN software (VPN-X, Kerio WinRoute)...

or start researching; you said 2 out of 10 games are fine- what makes them different? The map, number of players, HDD activity (lol)?

Muzer
9 Jul 2009, 22:56
I don't believe this problem is known, unless it's some firewall problem. Just make sure you do the following:

Use the INTERNAL (LAN) IPs, and not the EXTERNAL (WAN/Internet) IPs. These will usually be in the form 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z (I think there's one other form but I can't remember it).

Make sure you either have firewalls OFF, or unblock ports 17010 through to 17012 and/or allow Worms Armageddon to act as a server (depending on how your specific firewall works). This also includes the Windows firewall. (And before someone says that only 17011 is needed, I believe I read somewhere that 17010 and 17012 are used for LAN games)

Finally, just try hosting the game via WormNET, with a password (change your IP address in the configuration to the internal one and check force IP if you're going to do this, make sure you uncheck it when you want to play online over the internet).

If it still doesn't work, then try to be more specific, and search for patterns. Does it happen when a specific person is hosting? Does rebooting the router and/or computers fix it?

MihaiS_v2
10 Jul 2009, 09:14
I don't believe this problem is known, unless it's some firewall problem. Just make sure you do the following:

Use the INTERNAL (LAN) IPs, and not the EXTERNAL (WAN/Internet) IPs. These will usually be in the form 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z (I think there's one other form but I can't remember it).

Make sure you either have firewalls OFF, or unblock ports 17010 through to 17012 and/or allow Worms Armageddon to act as a server (depending on how your specific firewall works). This also includes the Windows firewall. (And before someone says that only 17011 is needed, I believe I read somewhere that 17010 and 17012 are used for LAN games)

I'm pretty sure firewalls do not randomly decide upon how long a server can keep connections. The guy did say the others disconnect after they join and that a couple of games went fine.

Finally, just try hosting the game via WormNET, with a password (change your IP address in the configuration to the internal one and check force IP if you're going to do this, make sure you uncheck it when you want to play online over the internet).

He was asking for help on playing the game over LAN... that (hosting the game via WormNET) doesn't exclude, but imply all people on the same LAN having access to Internet.

If it still doesn't work, then try to be more specific, and search for patterns. Does it happen when a specific person is hosting? Does rebooting the router and/or computers fix it?

He said it's happening only when he is hosting.

CyberShadow
10 Jul 2009, 09:57
What message do you see in the chat panel? Anything about a desynchronization? Are all players using the latest Beta?