PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon Steam release...?

i<3worms:)
5 Jul 2009, 18:21
Hii
I saw Team 17 say on facebook discussions that original Armageddon may be re-released on Steam with updates in future so just wanted to know if anyone knows how soon could that be?:)

b1llygo4t
5 Jul 2009, 18:49
from what i have heard it will be bundled with w2a as a steam download.

i<3worms:)
6 Jul 2009, 09:47

Thatd be great!:D

Shadowmoon
6 Jul 2009, 10:01

Don't listen to this guy, he's wrong, here's what they said:

"Ricky, it'll be adapted for PC. The PC market is difficult these days due to MASSIVE levels of piracy so we simply can't take the risk of ploughing extensive resources into a bespoke PC edition, it simply doesn't make sense. The PC version (released via Steam) will be good value and play great. We may also look at re-releasing the original (with updates) via Steam at some point, as well as other games in the series."

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=64566768063&share_id=223599770436&comments=1%23s223599770436

(Its in the worms 2 armageddon review part)

Notice that its not actually been announced, right now its planned, so it may be a while yet.

raffie
6 Jul 2009, 10:17
We may also look at re-releasing the original (with updates) via Steam at some point, as well as other games in the series."

The original?
Is the original Worms XBLA or WA?

Shadowmoon
6 Jul 2009, 10:22
The original?
Is the original Worms XBLA or WA?

They haven't said, but it would be stupid to release Worms XBLA on PC, so most likely T17 are talking about WA.

Considering the reply was to someone asking if the PC version would be the new WA, its incredibly likely they are talking about WA.

Plasma
6 Jul 2009, 17:48
They're talking about WA, with "updates" referring to the work of Deadcode and Cybershadow. Porting an entire XBLA game without having planned to do so would take far too much resources.

b1llygo4t
6 Jul 2009, 21:11
i said its what i heard yeesh.

jsgnext
8 Jul 2009, 21:14
it'll be adapted for PC. The PC market is difficult these days due to MASSIVE levels of piracy so we simply can't take the risk of ploughing extensive resources into a bespoke PC edition, it simply doesn't make sense

So that means they arent adding more stuff for the PC ver of W2A......that scks....if it will be that way, i prefer my old WA ,thanks.
I mean, worms 2D for PC without map editing, doesnt make sense.