PDA

View Full Version : sometimes when i host with prosnoop

b1llygo4t
4 Jul 2009, 14:31
my game isnt posted to wormnet. i have to rehost without exiting to get it to show. herm. i know cs requested wormnet stuff be tweaked for snooper stuff. bla im drunk, but it has been happening since that change, after the hosted game list stopped showing old games. blegh

CyberShadow
4 Jul 2009, 16:56
That sounds like a ProSnooper bug.

b1llygo4t
4 Jul 2009, 17:49
i have been using the same build/ver of snoop for as long as i can remember. i noticed it started happening after this thread resolved

http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38824

at first the games stayed in the hosted box for too long. now when i host hey dont appear. i have to re-open the room. just an observation. i dont know who to inform or where to do so. its a minor inconvenience

Muzer
4 Jul 2009, 17:58
If it broke ProSnooper but not W:A, it's a prosnooper bug. Worms Armageddon is in this case the standard for the protocol.

If you have no idea what I'm on about, think about it as a website. If a website conforms precisely to the W3C standards, but doesn't work in Internet Explorer, that's a bug of Internet Explorer, not a bug of W3C or of the website itself. If the website owner doesn't care about it being cross-browser, he has no obligation to fix it since there is absolutely nothing wrong.

b1llygo4t
5 Jul 2009, 00:20
i understood what cybershadow said, but thank you for your reiteration. ;)

i figured out how to select the help; about option. ill email the author at some point.

is anyone else experiencing this with prosnooper? or any of the other snoopers? im sure the authores would like to know so they can update

M3ntal
8 Jul 2009, 00:19
My prosnooper was periodically failing to add hosted games to the list before the alterations in that thread you linked happened. Now it just marks them as full so no-one can join, but that's another problem, hehe.

CyberShadow
8 Jul 2009, 08:35
Now it just marks them as full so no-one can join, but that's another problem, hehe.If someone tries to join a game with the wrong ID, they'll get the "game full" message.

MihaiS_v2
9 Jul 2009, 22:12
Some don't deal with these kind of problems because they use snoopers for chat and monitoring and host or join games with WA.exe >.>

Muzer
9 Jul 2009, 22:50
Offtopic, but why can people use highlight in sigs now? It's rather irritating. URL tags were fine, but highlight is too far.

MihaiS_v2
9 Jul 2009, 23:51
Sorry I couldn't afford less, Muzer.

Seep
14 Jul 2009, 16:49
Anyone know how to delete prosnooper registry stuff?

problems with prosnooper

nvm found it myself

b1llygo4t
16 Jul 2009, 08:04
Some don't deal with these kind of problems because they use snoopers for chat and monitoring and host or join games with WA.exe >.>

i snoop with pidgin and host via prosnooper.

im not experiencing this issue any more btw.