PDA

View Full Version : Audio Issues

jakemd
3 Jul 2009, 01:37
I don't know if this problem has allready been addressed, but on WA (and this has happened with the last several patches including 29 which I currently have) when playing on wormnet occasionally during the middle of a game, my sound will turn to white noise/static then stop, then static, then stop in short bursts like that.
Sometimes one of those short bursts will become a long 2-3 minute burst of just white noise. When the white noise is over its back to normal.
This doesn't happen every time in a wormnet game, nor do I have any same variables to say that it happens under a certain condition.

None of my other software nor any media will do this, just WA.

Dell Insprion
2GB Ram
2.2GHz Intel
Win XP Pro SP3
Soundblaster Live! 24 External USB Box with an optical cable to a 5.1 sony reciever.

CyberShadow
3 Jul 2009, 06:16
Could you confirm that this is in fact happening with the latest W:A patches, and isn't because of something that has changed on your computer?

Do you have the in-game background music turned on?

jakemd
3 Jul 2009, 15:56
Yes and Yes to background music and latest patch.

CyberShadow
3 Jul 2009, 17:13
Have you tried testing if it still happens without the background music?
It may happen that your W:A CD is damaged, as the game streams the music from the CD.

jakemd
4 Jul 2009, 00:11
Its not the background music, because it only seems to do it on Wormnet and not in a normal game, but it didn't show up when i disabled it. Then again it dosen't show up all the time. So i'll keep the background disabled and see if it ever comes up. That is, unless you have other ideas.

Muzer
4 Jul 2009, 18:12
Well, try playing through the tracks on the CD (you could just do it in the background whilst you do other things) on a media player. If you hear anything wrong (not just the static - media players handle errors in different ways - for example it could just skip or jump, or it might blank out completely mid-track), it is probably the PC

KRD
7 Jul 2009, 01:52
... it is probably the PC

Yes, but will the game be coming out on CD?!

:o