PDA

View Full Version : Help making a Worms replay

Spudman
29 Jun 2009, 06:38
Ok so here's the deal. I have all the frames extracted from the replay, and I recorded the game audio from the replay during real time playback via Audacity and saved it as an audio file

Then, I imported the frames into Sony Vegas 7, and placed the audio track below it. My problem is, the video doesn't match up with the audio track, and I see that it's a tad slower than real time, which confuses me.

I was wondering if there were any tips or tricks to be able to line up the game audio with the video footage I ripped. The reason I need this is because I'm trying to show off my custom sound bank on youtube.

much thanks for any help I can get

CyberShadow
29 Jun 2009, 06:42
Make sure that the frame rate matches. W:A uses 50 frames per second.

Spudman
30 Jun 2009, 00:04
Thanks, I was able to match it with the game audio!

Here's the link to the replay on youtube if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbBgXVu3dsk&fmt=18

CyberShadow
30 Jun 2009, 01:48
The aspect ratio in that video is wrong :p W:A uses 1:1 (square) pixels (like all PC video games).

franpa
30 Jun 2009, 02:22
You can also reduce the size and increase the quality slightly if you turn off the background in the game ._.

GreeN
30 Jun 2009, 08:28
You can also reduce the size and increase the quality slightly if you turn off the background in the game ._.

Surely the game would export the frames exactly the same either way

franpa
30 Jun 2009, 08:34
Uh, it takes less information to represent a black background per frame then a gradient background per frame, also background debri are in different positions each frame making compression of the objects not that good .

Koen-ftw
30 Jun 2009, 09:04
Uh, it takes less information to represent a black background per frame then a gradient background per frame, also background debri are in different positions each frame making compression of the objects not that good .

My experience with YouTube standard definition compression shows you often get better results with a coloured background instead of an all black picture. It could be my encoding settings, but black backgrounds generally look like crap on YouTube. It works fine with HD images though.

CyberShadow
30 Jun 2009, 09:28
Probably due to luma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luma_(video)) compression...

raffie
30 Jun 2009, 11:05
btw, any place where that Wii soundbank is downloadable?

Seep
1 Jul 2009, 19:59
btw, any place where that Wii soundbank is downloadable?

Ask the thread author I guess.