PDA

View Full Version : Sup dudes

Y2JID
23 Jun 2009, 12:47
how is every1 anit been on here for so long u all still playing ?

what other forums do most people use now

pisto
23 Jun 2009, 16:21
http://worms2d.info/Community

most of people use snoopers on wormnet nowadays. So just join and see who's there.

b1llygo4t
25 Jun 2009, 10:04
nothing you said is of need of technical assistance, can be looked down upon or will feed anyones narcissistic need to inform someone of something they dont know. best to go to blame the pixel or the off topic area of this forum for small talk or friend making

yakuza
25 Jun 2009, 10:42
nothing you said is of need of technical assistance, can be looked down upon or will feed anyones narcissistic need to inform someone of something they dont know. best to go to blame the pixel or the off topic area of this forum for small talk or friend making

my god lol

Vader
25 Jun 2009, 23:23
I concur.

bloopy
26 Jun 2009, 11:36
u all still playing ?

About once every 6 months. :)

armanmoo
26 Jun 2009, 20:20
well, my cd just broke so

b1llygo4t
26 Jun 2009, 22:47
too bad you didnt back up your game prior to the disc cracking... then you could mount the image and play.... and NOT be a pirate because you still own the game...................

MihaiS_v2
27 Jun 2009, 05:55
and NOT be a pirate because you still own the game...................

WRONG! WROOOOOOONG! You own the right to play the game.

b1llygo4t
27 Jun 2009, 07:51
well regardless you have the right to back up any software you own, so what ever im drunk. why am i on tis forum?!?!?! i got ladies to entertain

Muzer
27 Jun 2009, 10:08
Wrong. If the media has any form of copyright protection at all, backing it up is illegal in the US and the EU.

b1llygo4t
27 Jun 2009, 22:03
so what your saying is its NOT ok to make an image backup of WA and mount it on a virtual drive? isnt the need to have WA in the drive a form of copyright protection? does that mean the mods here have to go clean up all those discussions about iso mounting then?

i couldnt find anything on the legality of it via google, but i didnt look long

i<3worms:)
27 Jun 2009, 22:08
so what your saying is its NOT ok to make an image backup of WA and mount it on a virtual drive? isnt the need to have WA in the drive a form of copyright protection? does that mean the mods here have to go clean up all those discussions about iso mounting then?

i couldnt find anything on the legality of it via google, but i didnt look long

I dont it is wrong as long as you dont share it with anyone else, if you have a legal copy then you should be allowed to make a backup of it just in case.

Muzer
27 Jun 2009, 22:22
It is technically illegal. A lot of things are technically illegal. But in reality, nobody gives a crap unless you are cracking NEW copy-protection formats (like the ones used in DVDs). And unless you are extremely high-profile about it and live in America, still nobody is likely to give a crap.

And for the record: In the US, it's illegal under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act, look that up), and I was told there was a "watered down" DMCA-like-thing that's in use in the EU (not sure what it's called) that still forbids breaking copy-protection (which you do automatically when you make a backup of anything even with a simple form of copy protection - W:A has some really weird old ways that are completely useless nowadays - software can break it without even trying - but still technically count).

Anyway, I'm not an expert on law, but from what I've picked up on discussions on the internet, and some respected people in a few homebrew communities on IRC, what I said is the case. Feel free to correct me, most of this is from memory (my memory is USUALLY good though).

EDIT: The EU Copyright Directive.

AndrewTaylor
27 Jun 2009, 22:31
More to the point, a lot of the discussion is off-limits here to avoid thinly-veiled requests for help with piracy.

Things like the DMCA make nonsense of the whole thing, because usually they go right against some other law. Basically "the law" means "whichever law the current set of judges feel like enforcing". There's no way to know in advance what the law is. That's the kind of thing you'd pretty much expect to be written down somewhere.

b1llygo4t
27 Jun 2009, 22:35
crazy jazz. i made a copy of my disc and mounted it, it would install but when i triedto play it didnt work.

i remember there being crazy laws with rom files (nes, snes, etc.). something like you could have 1 copy of the rom indefinitely if you owned the cart but you couldnt run both at the same time. and you could download and play a rom for 24 hours then delete it afterward if you didnt own the cart

*lol i left the image mounted, and went to burn a cd. low and behold, i had a blank disc in the drive. i wonder where wa went 2....
say that 5 times fast lawler

Muzer
27 Jun 2009, 23:00
you could download and play a rom for 24 hours then delete it afterward if you didnt own the cart
That particular one, I believe, is a myth invented by ROM sites to encourage more visitors.

CyberShadow
27 Jun 2009, 23:08
For the record, W:A dropped Securom since the first Beta versions, and it requires the CD not as a means of copyright protection, but simply because the code is written to read files directly from the CD, and not the hard drive. (W:A came out during the times when disk space mattered more than load times.)

Dodgymat
30 Jun 2009, 23:59
how is every1 anit been on here for so long u all still playing ?

Hey Jiddy, long time no see. I still lurk around here from time to time, mainly as there's a new version of Armageddon releasing on Xbox Live in about 8 hours.

yakuza
1 Jul 2009, 09:39
Lol dodgymat my homie sup buddy ropa here yo

franpa
1 Jul 2009, 11:35
iirc, In Australia you can make 1 copy of a disc for backup purposes, many EULA's forbid copying though and I don't know what gets precedence.

Muzer
1 Jul 2009, 12:05
EULAs don't really have any legal status in many countries (not sure about Australia). Especially since you can get around agreeing to them in many (but not all) pieces of software by directly extracting the files and manually adding the registry keys...

Y2JID
1 Jul 2009, 18:28
MATTTTTTTTT sup bro anit seen u for years u got facebook m8?

Dodgymat
3 Jul 2009, 02:24
Lol dodgymat my homie sup buddy ropa here yo

hey there, glad to see you're still around too man :)

MATTTTTTTTT sup bro anit seen u for years u got facebook m8?

Have I ***k, I'm too old & untrendy for that ***t mate. Nice to see you're alive & well. Still wormin' ? I miss Poo, sloth, triX etc. Not MrBishie though, he moved to my town early last year. Don't see him much but we've met up for some beer & to watch footy a few times which is pretty cool. Also I've got Dw33b on my Xbox Live Friends List, never played with him though, he's always playing Gears!