PDA

View Full Version : This may be a stupid question

Lurker77
23 Jun 2009, 04:48
Can I purchase and download this game somewhere? I can't find a disc copy anywhere.

thomasp
23 Jun 2009, 09:47
The legal downloadable versions from TryGames/TryMedia have been removed since they were totally incompatible with the latest patches and consequently wouldn't work online.

You can buy a disc version of the game for next to nothing from here: https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=detail&skuid=79

Lurker77
24 Jun 2009, 00:07
The legal downloadable versions from TryGames/TryMedia have been removed since they were totally incompatible with the latest patches and consequently wouldn't work online.

You can buy a disc version of the game for next to nothing from here: https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=detail&skuid=79

Well, the price is in pounds, and I'm American. Also, I noticed that it was a game pack. I only wanted Armageddon and not any of the other games.

SgtFusion
24 Jun 2009, 07:56
You can buy it on eBay for less than $10.

franpa
24 Jun 2009, 08:03
it is generally just as cheap to buy a game package from Team17 then to purchase the game seperatly from a 2nd hand store. Team17 shop ships to most places including America.

thomasp
24 Jun 2009, 09:01
Well, the price is in pounds, and I'm American. Also, I noticed that it was a game pack. I only wanted Armageddon and not any of the other games.
Team17 ship to the USA, they'll convert to the correct currency before you pay for it. Considering how dirt cheap that is, I really wouldn't mind about having Worms 2 in the same pack!

b1llygo4t
24 Jun 2009, 11:53
unfortunately not a lot of US banks qualify for over seas transactions.

CyberShadow
24 Jun 2009, 17:51
You can buy it on eBay for less than $10.
Someone came to #Help the other day and said that he bought "W:A New Edition" (a pirate build) for $60 from eBay, and then couldn't update to the latest Beta. He said he thought it justly costed that much because it was a "New Edition".

Use caution.

MihaiS_v2
25 Jun 2009, 04:34
he bought "W:A New Edition" (a pirate build) for $60 from eBay, and then couldn't update to the latest Beta.

The seller didn't rip off an extra $50 from the buyer, it's just that the stupidity fee is high on e-bay.

Seep
25 Jun 2009, 18:37
ordered new wa and worms 2 from ebay about £6.5 with shipping, team17 site wanted from same game about £12,if you search ebay may get even cheaper

robowurmz
25 Jun 2009, 18:42
"New W:A" is a pirate version and does not work with the latest updates.

You can buy both games in a pack for £6 from Team17, I think.

Seep
25 Jun 2009, 18:53
"New W:A" is a pirate version and does not work with the latest updates.

You can buy both games in a pack for £6 from Team17, I think.

yes but they want a lot money for shipping

b1llygo4t
25 Jun 2009, 19:06
yes but your spending money for an un updatable pirated version. your putting money in someone pocket to rip you off.

what kind of pirate buys their booty from another pirate???

thomasp
25 Jun 2009, 19:11
If you live in the UK, you can get legal and LEGITIMATE versions of both WA and W2 for £5.99 including shipping (ie free shipping). Even though it costs a bit more to ship to other countries, you should not be funding pirates. team17 need income from games sales to survive and as a result anyone who asks for help on this forum and they have WA:New Edition will be told to buy the legal version and no help given. If they persist, bans will be issued.

The pirated version won't work well online once new beta updates are issued for legit WA so you are just throwing your money away.

As this thread is now discussing how to source pirated versions of Team17 games, which is strictly against forum rules, I'm locking it. Any further discussion will result in permanent bans being issued.

*Thread closed*