PDA

View Full Version : Would i had a demo?

i want a demo at this game.. any links to download?

M.Penguin
15 Jun 2009, 19:56
i dont think so, sorry. But when i bought the game it was only a fiver. along with worms 2. you should get it. :)

GreeN
15 Jun 2009, 20:25
http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=good&area=demo

bonz
15 Jun 2009, 20:45
Note that this demo (currently) won't work on Windows 2000 and XP (and Vista and Win 7 most likely too).
The latest beta patch for the full game does support those OSs however, so you could just blindly buy the game for its cheap price.

If you really want to see some of the gameplay, weapons, etc. you could install the demo for Worms World Party, which is basically the same.
(Of course, you will miss the new features and fixes that came with the beta patches for WA.)

CyberShadow
15 Jun 2009, 20:56
I think WormTube (http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/) does a nice job of demonstrating the fun that can be had with W:A :)

b1llygo4t
16 Jun 2009, 12:30
if you have time and permission you should consider patching the WWP demo to give it the wa (or both games) front end look. in game its identical right? and it is a demo so wormpot, online and maps are diasabled. it would all be cosmetic and who cares if the menu screens are organized a little different than the actual game. then advertise it as a WA demo.

its harder to get the actual disc than it is to download. so make a demo easier to download than the pirate way. then advertise right in the front end (over wormpot, on the wormnet screen) were to buy the WA WWP combo pack.

free downloads are always nice, even if it is a demo.

just an idea. please dont flame me. i know there are better things to do than that.

GreeN
16 Jun 2009, 12:43
/me hands billy a pair of reading glasses

GoDxWyvern
16 Jun 2009, 13:44
in game its identical right?
Just wondering, have you played the games before?

CyberShadow
16 Jun 2009, 19:01
We've wanted to do a new demo of W:A featuring all the compatibility fixes and the ability to play replay files for some time now, it's just that there are things higher or our priority list.

b1llygo4t
16 Jun 2009, 22:58
Just wondering, have you played the games before?

LAWL have you? apart from minor physics tweeks, the wormpot, the wa beta updates, some map gen schemes, and music (sounds like alot, but its not), the games are identical. the reason WWP even exists is because sega wanted a worms dreamcast game with online play(WA for ps1 and DC dont have online play) but t17 couldnt justify a re-release of WA. T17 then re-released WWP for PC because it was more stable(at the time) and compatible than WA and had added content (and people asked for it). the only reason we play WA instead of WWP and WA gets updated like it does, is because Deadcode and Cybershadow prefer WA over WWP (probably because of the noobish wormpot)

bonz
16 Jun 2009, 23:06
the only reason we play WA instead of WWP and WA gets updated like it does, is because Deadcode and Cybershadow prefer WA over WWP (probably because of the noobish wormpot)
No, it's because Deadcode created the original Silkworm cheating program shortly after the release of WA, at a time where WWP hasn't even been released.
Later, "anti-Silk" also implemented W2K/XP support to WA, which seemingly impressed T17 and got him the beta patching job.

b1llygo4t
16 Jun 2009, 23:50
go read the sticky about it on the WWP forum. we can both be right :)

GoDxWyvern
17 Jun 2009, 14:15
LAWL have you? apart from minor physics tweeks, the wormpot, the wa beta updates, some map gen schemes, and music (sounds like alot, but its not), the games are identical.
Yeah, apart from shape, taste, colour and some other minor differences, apples and bananas are identical, too. Go play the games some more, and don't forget the glasses GreeN offered you! :)

b1llygo4t
17 Jun 2009, 23:14
green apples and red apples are still apples. apart from wormpot, the front end, the music, and what dc and cs have done to wa, whats different? could one of you guys please point this out to me, instead of telling me im wrong? gj

Wormetti
18 Jun 2009, 00:57
Apart from the differences they are the same :)

Yes that could be said about anything.

GreeN
18 Jun 2009, 00:57
Missions, multiplayer missions, forts, maps.. Enough?

Edit: Almost forgot the game engine

robowurmz
18 Jun 2009, 09:42
The games are pretty much completely different. In fact, it's simpler to say what stayed the same:

The art style.
Yep, that's just about it.

bonz
18 Jun 2009, 11:44
You guys are exaggerating a bit about the difference between WA and WWP.

While the new features of the WA betas are surely more and better than WWP's unique features, you can say the majority of the both games is indentical.

Remixed soundtrack, different GUI, indestructible mode and smart mines are only small things compared the basic, identical features like weapons, engine and art.

b1llygo4t
18 Jun 2009, 19:46
You guys are exaggerating a bit about the difference between WA and WWP. :)

and a demo generally omits the really cool stuff in a game as its just a sampler. the stuff available in the WWP demo is all available in WA apart from the gui and the music, and the WWP demo is way more computable than the WA demo. hence why (imoa) WWP's demo would make an easy WA demo replacement, just to get one out there and give people a taste of the fun.

but my opinion is mute, because as sc said, his goal behind having a demo would be to feature the new stuff from the beta updates. theres no more reason to discus this. the games are different and they are the same. demos, yeesh

acare84
19 Jun 2009, 09:26
Best Worms game to date for me. :)