PDA

View Full Version : Roper Scheme Revamped

Etho.
10 Jun 2009, 22:00
I thought some people might want to give this scheme a try. It's basically the exact same as the roper scheme; same rules, same maps, and same type of game play. The only difference is that I added quite a few more weapons. Having more weapons in a roper is probably an automatic turn off to most people, but I urge you to try it before passing your judgment.

I spent a bit of time testing the scheme and trying to get all the weapons balanced out the best that I could. For example, you might have infinite super sheep in your inventory, but they only do about 25 to 30 damage max. The challenge is picking the best weapon for the situation and using it effectively.

For example, a bazooka would be a better choice than those super sheep if you can aim it properly (because it can do about 46 damage, opposed to the 25 to 30). But, the super sheep would be a better choice than a bazooka in a situation where you get a difficult crate and you know you won't have time to make it back.

This game is not meant to replace traditional ropers, nor do I really intend it to be played at a competitive level. It's for people who want an occasional fun and relaxed take on the roping game we've been playing for years. And maybe, just maybe... it might help w2w players make the jump to roping.

(also, I did not come up with a name for the scheme, so feel free to call it whatever you wish)

X-Ray99
11 Jun 2009, 13:24
Let's give it a try! :)