PDA

View Full Version : "inf" weapon in shoppa

b1llygo4t
9 Jun 2009, 21:26
i hate the noobzooka. to many people use it EVERY TURN and then call me a noob for not having it! wtf?? i use the prod (pro d) i dont mind the drill. whats everyones fav "inf" weapon is shops?

Shirdel
9 Jun 2009, 21:38
The same generally applies to me. I generally use the Drill, and sometimes the 1 Dynamite.

plow
10 Jun 2009, 01:18
I use the bazooka. That glitch you can use with it makes it good. But I love having infinte Low Gravity. Drill is kinda cheap. Because if you get a worm in a corner and use it when he has no escape, it hurts about 79!

franpa
10 Jun 2009, 05:49
Mortar, the bazooka glitch applies to that too and it can deal more then 50 damage :)

Balee
10 Jun 2009, 20:50
Drill is kinda cheap. Because if you get a worm in a corner and use it when he has no escape, it hurts about 79!
Lol, what power level do you use, 15? Normal Level 3 drill shouldnt really hit more than 40-45, but even a Level 5 is less than 60.

I dont really like infinite bazookas, or any other serious weapon in shoppers, its simple enough without them, one should rely solely on the crates not weapons by default. Infinite zook is good, however, for WxWs, where you might not have time to plan a nice attack but to fire zook and hope it'll be as good as it can.

As for other weapons, like grenade or dynamite, being in the weaponry by default: Meh.

b1llygo4t
11 Jun 2009, 00:08
the only reason we even have an inf weap is because of the select worm probability and the batty rope thievery anyway right?

the drill is sweet because you can use it to recover in some situations, it penalizes you for using it (on the floor, most likely in a pile), and it does damage.

i think the one freeze is a good option for getting a **** crate. any more than one just gets annoying.

i dont know why the missile glitch hasnt been fixed. granted it makes the morter worthwhile, but it takes aaaaaaaall the skill outa any of those weapons. i for one, would like to see an option in the scheme to enable the glitch.

Shadowmoon
11 Jun 2009, 11:03
Grenade, Dynamite, Bazooka.

plow
12 Jun 2009, 01:01
I don't know why the missile glitch hasn't been fixed. granted it makes the morter worthwhile, but it takes all the skill out of any of those weapons. I for one, would like to see an option in the scheme to enable the glitch.

Wow, I think that would be great! To enable the glitch with an option.....How can't you agree?
But now that I think of it, maybe moter would be better...

Balee
12 Jun 2009, 11:29
the only reason we even have an inf weap is because of the select worm probability and the batty rope thievery anyway right?
Um, given that I didnt misunderstand you, the answer is no. The infinity is a setting in the scheme file. Each weapon has 4 bytes assigned to them, the first is the ammo. This byte's value determines the ammo value, if it is 00, then you have 0 weapon, if its 01, you have one, etc. If this value is 0A, then you have infinite. Note that due to this, you can not set your weapon ammo to have 10 of the desired weapon, since the byte corresponding to 10 is set to infinite instead.

b1llygo4t
12 Jun 2009, 21:45
Um, given that I didnt misunderstand you, the answer is no. The infinity is a setting in the scheme file. Each weapon has 4 bytes assigned to them, the first is the ammo. This byte's value determines the ammo value, if it is 00, then you have 0 weapon, if its 01, you have one, etc. If this value is 0A, then you have infinite. Note that due to this, you can not set your weapon ammo to have 10 of the desired weapon, since the byte corresponding to 10 is set to infinite instead.

lol, you misunderstood me. i was asking why we have a default weapon with infinate ammo. not how

MihaiS_v2
12 Jun 2009, 23:52
i was asking why we have a default weapon with infinate ammo

Because of free will.

b1llygo4t
13 Jun 2009, 04:25
nice post....

Balee
13 Jun 2009, 11:17
Yea, but who in their right minds would set battyrope in a shopper game? Learn how to hide.

I never ever set any weapon to infinite, not even practically useless ones.

GreeN
13 Jun 2009, 12:25
Yea, but who in their right minds would set battyrope in a shopper game? Learn how to hide.

It imagine the decision would be completely map-dependent