PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wormnat 2!

plow
9 Jun 2009, 02:14
Okay, so my name is plow on wormNET. :)
I had this issue not too long ago. (I think 2 weeks ago?)
Whenever I go on wormNET using the NORMAL EXE file to load worms armageddon, it works. (By the way, I use v.29(Forgot the rest of numbers, but I use the latest patch.))
But I have to use a proxy to HOST a game, otherwise it won't work. Yes, I tried setting it up. Too hard! :mad:
So I have wormNAT 2. I use it, along with wormkit. Then, it works! :D But after a WHILE(And I mean a WHILE(Like 2 years)) It says that an error happens while connecting or something and disconnects! :confused: That means I can't host again! HELP!

Let me say that again...

HELP!:mad:

CyberShadow
9 Jun 2009, 02:25
Please be more specific. What error message do you get, exactly, and where does it appear?

plow
9 Jun 2009, 03:05
Please be more specific. What error message do you get, exactly, and where does it appear?

It appears when I pick auto login/UK login thing... In the middle of the screen.
The error is:
Fatal error during Gameserver connection, disconnecting...

CyberShadow
9 Jun 2009, 09:15
Are you using a software firewall or antivirus product?

plow
10 Jun 2009, 00:35
I've been using those, but it still worked.
Is that the problem?
Also, I found out this issue that MIGHT be realted to this problem.
I tried to get a proxy to go on youtube and watch videos that are only meant to be watched in Japan. But it didn't work. Then MSN didn't work either!
I paniced for 3 days, then found out the issue! I disabled the proxy on mozilla firefox, but not internet explorer! I didn't think it mattered. Guess it does. Well, I disabled the proxy I had that didn't work, but it still doesn't work! Any more help?
By the way, I will try to disable the firewall and AVG. But if it still doesn't work, then just post with information on helping. But if it does work, I will edit this post saying it worked.

CyberShadow
10 Jun 2009, 01:50
I can't think of any reason why WormNAT2 would prevent you from connecting to WormNET on its own. It intercepts W:A's network functions (by modifying some W:A code), which might cause conflicts with some antivirus/firewalls. Some firewalls (e.g. Outpost Firewall) also tracks which modules are loaded into which processes, as well as whethe executable code was modified by other processes, and denies these processes Internet access. Note that "disabling" these antivirus/firewall solutions in most cases will still leave them running in memory, and not solving any compatibility problems.

My advice would be to try to completely uninstall any software antivirus/firewall solutions, rebooting, and seeing if that fixes the problem.

plow
10 Jun 2009, 02:47
Before I do all that, cause that seems to much.
Does anyone know how to uninstall internet explorer? Because this all started once I started to use a proxy to go on places....you know.
But that's when it started to do that. I enabled proxys for both mozilla and internet explorer but that didn't seem to work. I also downloaded many programs to change my proxy...THAT'S IT! Maybe if I uninstall it, it might work??? I don't want to never play worms on internet ever again! I have to play that again. It's boring when it's not online..

EDIT: IT WORKS! :) :) :D

It seems that the anonymity gateway program made it not work. Hmmmm....Well, at least it works now! YES! NOW I CAN HOST GAMES!!!! This thread can be closed now. Thank you CyberShadow.