PDA

View Full Version : Can't host anymore with new router!

d3rd3vil
5 Jun 2009, 17:46
Hello :)

I have a new Router now, the Zyxel P-2602HWN!

I cant host a game anymore! I tried to forward all the ports, I tried to make the firewall of the router let me through....it doesn't work anymore :(

Any help maybe?

Or any program that lets me host a Worms game without having problems with the ports anymore?

Thanks in advance
d3rd3vil

robowurmz
5 Jun 2009, 18:04
This is the nearest tutorial I could get for your router.

Also, make sure you're port forwarding to the right IP address! The new router may have changed your computer's internal IP address.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/P-2602HW-D3A/Worms_Armageddon.htm

Muzer
5 Jun 2009, 18:17
Also, quite an obvious problem but one I missed ages ago and spent ages trying to fix it: Make sure you're not trying to forward the same port to two IPs. When I did that, I always got confused because I had to "get my router's attention" by going to it's config page and logging in before I could host. Once I removed the duplicate entries, it worked fine.

d3rd3vil
5 Jun 2009, 19:37
Well thx for your help, but it certainly doesn't work :( May I ask if the problem is the DHCP server? Do I HAVE to deactivate it and create my own IP?

Muzer
5 Jun 2009, 20:15
You can create a static IP without deactivating it. Just make sure the range of the DHCP IP addresses is decreased, and then set yourself one out of that range.

d3rd3vil
5 Jun 2009, 21:50
Well I can create a starting adress for the DHCP, thats for me: 192.168.1.33!

So everything below should work but STILL it won't forward these ports! I don't know why....

I gave myself 192.168.1.20 now and internet still works ^^ Forwarded the ports to this address but no luck :(

But maybe its UDP instead of TCP or sth. else? How can I check that? Or is it both with that router...Damn new router! Crashes my gread Godmax servers :(

Edit: IT WORKS NOW :)

The thing was, I had to allow WAN to LAN in that router firewall! That **** blocked everything ^^

So now the MaxGameUnbelievableTeamMatch servers are up and running again :D Sometimes....

franpa
6 Jun 2009, 02:19
setup a static IP, don't depend on DHCP.

KRD
6 Jun 2009, 18:34
setup a static IP, don't depend on DHCP.

I have a static IP address assigned to me by my ISP via DHCP.

franpa
7 Jun 2009, 05:35
LAN IP, not internet IP is what I meant.

MihaiS_v2
7 Jun 2009, 16:58
If nothing helps you, and I mean nothing, contact me on MSN or Y! Messenger and you'll be able to connect to WormNET and host in less than 10 minutes.

Have Hamachi installed and added to your local firewall exceptions list.

d3rd3vil
8 Jun 2009, 15:52
Well read a few posts earlier ^^ I managed to fix it :) Thx