PDA

View Full Version : I'm an alien. Looking for a match up.

Mr. Butt
4 Jun 2009, 16:33
Hello. As I stated in the title of this thread, I am an alien. More specifically, I am from a planet two arms away from this arm of the galaxy. I am unsure how to describe it's position in your own astronomical terms, but in the majority of the images and renderings of our galaxy that I have seen on Earth, we are two arms clockwise of yours.

I have been exploring your planet, Earth, for one and a half years, having landed in the United Kingdom in 2007. (This is due to unavoidable miscalculation on the part of my people - the latest data we could get as to where your population is most advanced is several hundred years old. I had expected Britain to still be the dominant state - congratulations on the swift development and independence of America.) The first man I encountered was a man dressed as what I think was a town crier, who gave his name as Butt when asked. I should note that for the duration of my stay, I am remaining disguised as a human for reasons I will explain later. Butt and I had a rather confusing dialogue (both of us were rather bewildered at each other's manner of speaking. I was still somewhat unfamiliar with English conversation, and he switched dialects mid-dialogue, as it were). It was later a source of much amusement to me when I discovered that he had been some sort of salesman for insurance. Nevertheless, I adopted his name as I assumed it was an acceptable name for a human, and after studying forms of address for a short period, I came to introduce myself as Mr. Butt.

I am here on a [recreational] and exploratory visit, as is one of my personal [hobbies]. (I use square parenthesis to denote where I have used a word or phrase that is not entirely accurate, but the closest approximation in English). I am sure that some humans would be disappointed that I was not here to make an official 'first contact', but that is the situation. My species is not generally accustomed to introducing new races to the [network of communicating planets] of this galaxy. I am, by choice, not intending to introduce new technology or medicine to your race. I am not prohibited from doing so, nor am I prohibited from making official contact, but I, and most other people of my society, would not do so, for reasons which you may or may not like, understand, or want to hear. For now I will offer the explanation that it would be [wrong] to alter your planet's future by giving you technology you have not discovered. This explanation carries a note of truth, but the real reasons are more complex and I may discuss them at a later date.

I have here to play Worms:Armageddon as part as my data recopilation, I might explain this latter.

Please search for my in Wormnet. I go under the nickname of MrButt, I'll be glad to answer some questions about my planet and our people, as much as I would be morally allowed to let out.

Signed, Mr. Butt.
Currently at Planet Earth E2X (early stage of development, future incertain)

MihaiS_v2
4 Jun 2009, 16:51
Canadians...

GreeN
4 Jun 2009, 17:56
Reading this, you'd think attention was hard to get :rolleyes:

Muzer
4 Jun 2009, 17:58
On a forum with mostly retards, this would be the stage where I start picking holes in the person until he is a quivering wreck. But since people on here are intelligent, I won't bother.

yakuza
4 Jun 2009, 18:03
On a forum with mostly retards, this would be the stage where I start picking holes in the person until he is a quivering wreck. But since people on here are intelligent, I won't bother.

Everyone here is amazed by your ability to prove than someone proving to be an alien isn't one.

Bravo.

Muzer
4 Jun 2009, 18:05
You'd be surprised at some of the people on some other forums I (occasionally) find myself replying to threads on. They make Shadowmoon's old personality (before he reformed or whatever) seem clever.

yakuza
4 Jun 2009, 18:08
You'd be surprised at some of the people on some other forums I (occasionally) find myself replying to threads on. They make Shadowmoon's old personality (before he reformed or whatever) seem clever.

Well, I find it silly that people attempt to prove this isn't legit, as if there was a doubt, as opposed to playing along and perhaps be entretained.

Shadowmoon
4 Jun 2009, 18:14

This thread is stupid.

As well as that, your nowhere near Eggi's hilariousness.

yakuza
4 Jun 2009, 18:15
As well as that, your nowhere near Eggi's hilariousness.

Maybe he's not trying to be hilarious.

Koen-ftw
4 Jun 2009, 18:35
Not even original? (http://www.google.nl/search?q=%22but+that+is+the+situation.+My+species+ is+not+generally+accustomed+to+introducing+new+rac es+to+the%22&hl=nl&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&filter=0)

yakuza
4 Jun 2009, 18:40
well that's a letdown

robowurmz
4 Jun 2009, 18:52
Might be the self-same "alien".

More likely it's not.

b1llygo4t
5 Jun 2009, 11:29
i had fun reading that! lets play!