PDA

View Full Version : Current online etiquette?

Genexi2
3 Jun 2009, 18:14
Hello folks, just came back to playing W:A online after a couple year break or so, was wondering what the general etiquette is when joining hosts these days.

Primary difference from when I last played seems to be that every host wants you to msg them the rules to prove you're not a beginner. Is this something they generally request, or is it assumed that everyone will message them the rules the second they join?

There also seems to be quite a few wormkit users these days, is there anything I should know on that regarding online compatibility? Only thing I know is that rubberworms requires all users to have the DLL loaded prior to joining.

X-Ray99
3 Jun 2009, 18:18
Some hosts want you to message them the rules of the specific scheme, that is true, mostly the host states his/her request either in the host name or when a player enters his/her host.

I don't know much about Wormkit, I don't play with that so I cannot tell anything about that, sorry. :)

GreeN
3 Jun 2009, 20:12
All you need to know about RubberWorm: http://worms2d.info/RubberWorm

CyberShadow
3 Jun 2009, 20:13
The Worms Knowledge Base has an entire page dedicated to online etiquette:

http://worms2d.info/Etiquette

Genexi2
4 Jun 2009, 02:32
Heh, didn't expect that wiki to list etiquette also. I only just came across it only last week as I was searching for information regarding wormkit stuff.

Played a few rounds, as far as things go, it seems only that say-rules thing seems to be the new deal and that's about it, thanks all.

Rubberworm sounds like fun, but I'm assuming it's a pain to set a server up knowing well many are going to try and join it without wormkit + dll loaded.
(also a bit annoying when people do the reverse for plain servers, causing desync for everyone -.- )

franpa
4 Jun 2009, 03:21
(also a bit annoying when people do the reverse for plain servers, causing desync for everyone -.- )

Only the people using the DLL would desync in that case. the cascade desync is a known bug in 3.6.29.0 and is irrelevent to Wkrubberworm.dll.

bonz
4 Jun 2009, 07:02
Screw those rules requiring hosts, who kick you if you're a few seconds too slow!

Rather, go to the IRC #worms on Gamesurge (http://worms2d.info/Worms_on_GameSurge) and find a lot of nice people to play against.

pisto
4 Jun 2009, 07:35
(also a bit annoying when people do the reverse for plain servers, causing desync for everyone -.- )you can join plain hosts with RubberWorm without expecting desynch, unless the host uses RubberWorm's schemes without purpose (I found some that have weird crate probability settings even before RubberWorm came out).

I know I've said too many times, but I'm going to add this damned version check:rolleyes:

X-Ray99
4 Jun 2009, 09:38
Screw those rules requiring hosts, who kick you if you're a few seconds too slow!

Rather, go to the IRC #worms on Gamesurge (http://worms2d.info/Worms_on_GameSurge) and find a lot of nice people to play against.

How true...

raffie
4 Jun 2009, 10:11
I know I've said too many times, but I'm going to add this damned version check:rolleyes:

Blessed version check, it will be a blessing :p

franpa
4 Jun 2009, 10:28
I should join #Gamesurge sometime so people sill stop advertising it as having nice people :P

bonz
4 Jun 2009, 11:00
I should join #Gamesurge sometime so people sill stop advertising it as having nice people :P
When joining #worms you'll automatically become nice. Even you, franpa. :D

franpa
4 Jun 2009, 11:11
Blasphemy, the devil can't be turned so easily!

b1llygo4t
5 Jun 2009, 12:34
i tried to play with people on gamesurge, but no one would respond, elitists. watch for me on womnet, ill play

yakuza
5 Jun 2009, 15:48
i tried to play with people on gamesurge, but no one would respond, elitists. watch for me on womnet, ill play

Maybe people were doing constructive things like playing worms and didn't see your message in real time. I bet you quit straight afterwards because you have ADHD.

TempRioter
6 Jun 2009, 19:05
Maybe people were doing constructive things like playing worms and didn't see your message in real time. I bet you quit straight afterwards because you have ADHD.
:/

Your requests do come through (I can see them on the resident bot I house there) just it depends when you ask. Around 8pm BST/GMT and onwards is the best time in my opinion asking for a game will get a response. :)

b1llygo4t
7 Jun 2009, 18:17

i do have adult adhd that i struggle with daily. but no i sat around for a bit and finally got cs to respond. this was months ago. your comment only reinforced the label i applied to you :)

ill give it another whack tho, because i have faith that not everyone on the planet is like you :P

yakuza
8 Jun 2009, 07:18
ill give it another whack tho, because i have faith that not everyone on the planet is like you :P

Faith? Use science.

b1llygo4t
8 Jun 2009, 10:30
unfortunately for both of us, you have to have faith in science. #/0 = error = broken math

Muzer
8 Jun 2009, 22:25
#/0 = error = broken math
Nope. anything/0 = +/- infinity

(/me awaits some older maths geek than me to correct this)

GreeN
8 Jun 2009, 22:51
N/0 = 0 ?

Muzer
8 Jun 2009, 22:52
Um, no.

GreeN
8 Jun 2009, 23:14
What is "/"?

Apart from it being a topic destroyer

Edit: Ok, I really had to google that one before I face-kicked myself

Stay in school, kids

MrBunsy
9 Jun 2009, 00:48
Nope. anything/0 = +/- infinity

(/me awaits some older maths geek than me to correct this)

Mathmos tell me that it merely tends to infinity. All to do with limits and somesuch, however to all useful purposes it is infinity.

CyberShadow
9 Jun 2009, 02:27
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

</thread>