PDA

View Full Version : Worm Olympics 2009

FFie
31 May 2009, 19:56
http://wormolympics.com

Between 27th of June and 30th of August. :) Tourney registrations are now open.

Konar6
31 May 2009, 21:25
Oh, it's summer already? Time goes by so fast :o </*****ing>

Great, looking forward to it. I wish everyone good luck in their games, and more importantly, do have fun. Also, a lot of nerve to organizers and tourney hosters. :)

Rioter
31 May 2009, 21:38
woohoo :D :D

MihaiS_v2
1 Jun 2009, 18:18
Have fun! . .

X-Ray99
3 Jun 2009, 17:22
Unfortunately, I will be away whole summer so I will not be able to participate... :'(
But I wish you all to have fun!

Ombodi77
4 Jun 2009, 16:55
Mr X you should buy a laptop and rock with us! Hungarian Wormy Army need you!:) btw iam very sorry to hear about that :( We lost one of our very bests :(

lales
7 Jun 2009, 13:57
at least Godito will play it :D

cu all in WO 2009, and ty FFie and Darkone to host it

xCrazyx
13 Jun 2009, 12:37
Great to see you and Darkone still have the motivation that`s needed to keep hosting this event year after year, FFie. I have one question though. How come it has changed from lasting from 16 days to 60 days? 16 days is a bit short, but 60 days is way too long! I don`t know how the olympics worked out in 2005, as I was inactive, but it says on the site that you had 30 days back then, which sounds like fair number of days; not too short, neither too long :D

GoDxWyvern
13 Jun 2009, 16:52
People just don't want it to end. :D

Wonder who'll be at the top this year, considering many of the best players in previous iterations are gone...

FFie
13 Jun 2009, 18:55
Crazy, we changed it from one month to two in 2006 as kind of an experiment. The reason was that many people go on long vacations in the summer. Two months worked out pretty well, so we've kept it for now :)

xCrazyx
13 Jun 2009, 20:46
Ah oki :) Last year Olympics turned out well, so I guess letting it last for two months works (though I personally would like to have it a bit shorter)! Anyway, I agree with you Wyvern, I sure woudn`t be glad to be the bookmaker setting the odds of this year favourites :D If Random was still active, he would`ve clearly been the biggest favourite. But yes, many good players have stopped playing over the recent years, especially the past 12 months :-/ Shift of generation, it sucks!

violetbloo
14 Jun 2009, 17:38
How do i register to play as a player and not as a hoster?

CyberShadow
14 Jun 2009, 20:32
How do i register to play as a player and not as a hoster?
Read the "If you want to play" section on the front page.

Shirdel
17 Jun 2009, 20:41
I MIGHT enter. I know that I was a little infamous as a Tourney Mod in WO '08, so I'd only register as a player.

Rioter
18 Jun 2009, 10:42
I MIGHT enter. I know that I was a little infamous as a Tourney Mod in WO '08, so I'd only register as a player.

Don't we know. :-/

Wormseeker
24 Jun 2009, 11:27
I thing t 17 had make new worms game in 3d now but can I post about weapon:confused:

FFie
26 Jun 2009, 14:14
It's starting tomorrow! See you there :)

xCrazyx
30 Jun 2009, 21:27
Has the site been hacked? =S

GreeN
30 Jun 2009, 21:43
Don't think so (Hope not); The site is still available (http://wormolympics.com/tournaments), just the homepage changed

X-Ray99
30 Jun 2009, 22:47
The content of the "new homepage" does not show that it was hacked, rather that FFie got mad (I wouldn't be surprised).

Ombodi77
1 Jul 2009, 08:44
Yea' no surprise...
In this year there are too many arguments, too many MODs who did not apper, too many fc-king little boys who spamming in Wormnet channel,too many PMs to the MOD from some players while signing up, too many unfair players, too many matches what is end with crash, too many matches where players reported against each other...

btw It's just a game, but the most of players can't understand that and they want to win at whatever cost it. They makes me (and I think others too) very nervous. They can't moderate themself, just damning, spamming, sending PMs without brakes...
I have some idea against them but I dont wanne be racist :P

I hope FFie are enough strong and she can make this WO to the end. I believe that the more reasonable players from #worms, from here have to help her (with hosting tourneies, help in Wormnet Channels while someone hosting) to the WO could be successful in this year too.

I think if the things will going in this way, WO could be failed :S Just thinking about how many tourney where ****ed up in the starting 4 days by the MODs who can't host a tourney or did not appear -.-'

Ombodi77
1 Jul 2009, 09:13
mmm nothing on WO site or locked or what happened with it? :[

xCrazyx
1 Jul 2009, 10:56
Yea' no surprise...
In this year there are too many arguments, too many MODs who did not apper, too many fc-king little boys who spamming in Wormnet channel,too many PMs to the MOD from some players while signing up, too many unfair players, too many matches what is end with crash, too many matches where players reported against each other...

btw It's just a game, but the most of players can't understand that and they want to win at whatever cost it. They makes me (and I think others too) very nervous. They can't moderate themself, just damning, spamming, sending PMs without brakes...
I have some idea against them but I dont wanne be racist :P

I hope FFie are enough strong and she can make this WO to the end. I believe that the more reasonable players from #worms, from here have to help her (with hosting tourneies, help in Wormnet Channels while someone hosting) to the WO could be successful in this year too.

I think if the things will going in this way, WO could be failed :S Just thinking about how many tourney where ****ed up in the starting 4 days by the MODs who can't host a tourney or did not appear -.-'

Yeh I heared you stepped in as host for a tournament yesterday because the original guy didn`t show up. And you had to take alot of bull**** from many people ;o Pretty much everyone who were spamming wormnet yesterday, and asking way too many stupid questions, are players who`s supposed to be reasonable players :-/ At XTC, being disrespectful and talking nonsense have been the what kept the forums active for over a year or so now, and it seems like this is brought into the tournaments aswell by many players... Then again, hosting a tournament for over 80 people, whereas many of the ones who signs up are new to the game, is not an easy task!

FFie
1 Jul 2009, 11:39
mmm nothing on WO site or locked or what happened with it? :[

It went to sleep for a few hours ;) It's back now.

Btw, thanks a lot to everyone who took over the no-show mod tourneys.

Ombodi77
4 Jul 2009, 22:26
Plz someone host aBoom Race tourney! Multishot, 2vs2, only RR maps or any type of Boom Race. A lot of scheme hosted/ will hosted by this year, but boom race not, only 1 by me. If no more boom races i will not earn medals in this year :S
and plz host more 1vs1 tourneies... too much of 2vs2.

Ombodi77
9 Jul 2009, 17:46
PLEASE HOST MUCH MORE 1vs1 TOURNAMENTS!!!!

xCrazyx
11 Jul 2009, 01:53
Hey FFie, you cant cancel that RR tournament!!! I got my first medal in RR since 04 lol :eek:

Dulek
11 Jul 2009, 22:55
Right! He'll send the results, I asked his friend to told him that.

Anyway - what's that Worm Olympics Gadget for? And why only for Vista?

Muzer
12 Jul 2009, 11:45
Right! He'll send the results, I asked his friend to told him that.

Anyway - what's that Worm Olympics Gadget for? And why only for Vista?
'Tis probably a Vista sidebar gadget.

Rioter
14 Jul 2009, 19:08
How not to mod a tourney:

Fall asleep

that is all :(

MihaiS_v2
14 Jul 2009, 19:22
How not to mod a tourney:

Not being in the mood to mod and carefully crafting a lie, like... erm... your mother died of diabetes.

Ombodi77
30 Jul 2009, 20:18
I can't believe it. Noone hosted Boom Race tourney, only me. And the first day of my holiday, when I can't sit front of the screen Flori host one :( :( :( :( And of course noone can give me a laptop -.-'