PDA

View Full Version : wkJetFix, fix for jetpack + teststuff

pisto
23 May 2009, 19:32
I made this fix a lot of time ago for the next version of RubberWorm.
This is just a quick hack that prevents the infamous jetpack bug to happen with teststuff5, battyrope, and teststuff3, no way to set it on/off. It won't cause desynch with normal games though, if other players don't have this dll.

worms2d.info/JetFix

MihaiS_v2
23 May 2009, 21:04
Thanks!

jsgnext
23 May 2009, 22:05
yay......finallly...that bug was preety anoying.

franpa
26 May 2009, 10:34
what do you mean by "resolved"? does it now work with batty too?

raffie
26 May 2009, 10:36
This is awesome!
However! Not everyone needs to have this module, but only players who have it will not run into j/p bug? Others still will, I understand this correctly?

franpa
26 May 2009, 10:38
but only players who have it will not run into j/p bug?
of course.

raffie
26 May 2009, 10:49
Well, yes, I guess it's pretty obvious.
Off course this is a case of you driving with a clean exhaust while the guy driving in front of you is driving on coal :-/

ps: I added this fix to the rubberworm ZIP package on my site, hope this will get added in more rubberworm download places!

M.Penguin
26 May 2009, 11:18
that sounds nice. but what is this glitch tht happens? ive never heard of it...

franpa
26 May 2009, 12:06
When you use Jet Pack in a game that uses Teststuff Version 5 and the players turn ends while they are on the Jet Pack, the Jet Pack won't disengage rendering the game impossible to continue because the game waits for the Jet Pack to disengage before continuing to the next players turn.

pisto
26 May 2009, 14:05
what do you mean by "resolved"? does it now work with batty too?

as i pointed out in the Worms wiki (http://worms2d.info/JetFix), there's a little glitch in this module
the behaviour of a worm flying in mid-air is the same as a roping worm, when the turn ends: it can land correctly if its vertical speed is not too high. The correct behaviour would be that the worm starts rolling, and so can never land properly, without slipping. Since this work-around was originally intended to be inlcuded in RubberWorm, it will be fixed in the next version of RW.

GreeN
26 May 2009, 19:01
Yay! Good job Savile!

Konar6
31 May 2009, 21:30
Nice one. This module can save many TestStuff games. *THUMBS UP*